Wednesday, November 6, 2013

"My church"

  1.   18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this arock I will build my bchurch; and the gates of chell shall not dprevail against it.
  2.   22 For behold, athis is my bchurch; whosoever is cbaptized shall be baptized unto repentance. And whomsoever ye receive shall dbelieve in my name; and him will I freely eforgive.
          •  •  •
      28 Therefore I say unto you, that he that will not ahear my voice, the same shall ye not receive into my church, for him I will not receive at the last day.
  3.   13 Nevertheless he cried again, saying: Alma, arise and stand forth, for why persecutest thou the church of God? For the Lord hath said: aThis is my church, and I will establish it; and nothing shall boverthrow it, save it is the transgression of my people.
  4.   5 And when the multitude had eaten and were filled, he said unto the Disciples: Behold there shall one be aordained among you, and to him will I give power that he shall bbreak cbread and bless it and give it unto the people of my dchurch, unto all those who shall believe and be baptized in my name.
          •  •  •
      16 And as I have prayed among you even so shall ye pray in my achurch, among my people who do repent and are baptized in my name. Behold I am the blight; I have set an cexample for you.
  5.   22 But if they will repent and hearken unto my words, and aharden not their hearts, I will bestablish my church among them, and they shall come in unto the covenant and be cnumbered among this the remnant of Jacob, unto whom I have given this land for their dinheritance;
  6.   8 And how be it amy bchurch save it be called in my name? For if a church be called in Moses’ name then it be Moses’ church; or if it be called in the name of a man then it be the church of a man; but if it be called in my name then it is my church, if it so be that they are built upon my gospel.
          •  •  •
      21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my agospel; and ye know the things that ye must bdo in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;
  7.   2 And it came to pass that the Lord did say unto me: Cry unto this people—Repent ye, and come unto me, and be ye baptized, and build up again my church, and ye shall be aspared.
  8.   1 aHearken, O ye people of my bchurch, saith the voice of him who dwells on high, and whose ceyes are upon all men; yea, verily I say: Hearken ye people from afar; and ye that are upon the islands of the sea, listen together.
  9.   14 And to anone else will I grant this power, to receive this same testimony among this generation, in this the beginning of the rising up and the coming forth of my bchurch out of the wilderness—clear as the cmoon, and fair as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners.
  10.   53 And for this cause have I said: If this generation aharden not their hearts, I will establish my bchurch among them.
      54 Now I do not say this to destroy my church, but I say this to build up my church;
      55 Therefore, whosoever belongeth to my church need not afear, for such shall binherit the ckingdom of heaven.
          •  •  •
      67 Behold, this is my doctrine—whosoever repenteth and acometh unto me, the same is my bchurch.
      68 Whosoever adeclareth more or less than this, the same is not of me, but is bagainst me; therefore he is not of my church.
      69 And now, behold, whosoever is of my church, and aendureth of my church to the end, him will I establish upon my brock, and the cgates of hell shall not prevail against them.
  11.   16 Wait a little longer, until you shall have my word, my arock, my bchurch, and my gospel, that you may know of a surety my doctrine.
  12.   4 For in them are all things awritten concerning the foundation of my church, my gospel, and my brock.
      5 Wherefore, if you shall build up my achurch, upon the foundation of my gospel and my brock, the cgates of hell shall not prevail against you.
  13.   11 And it shall be given thee, also, to make a selection of asacred bhymns, as it shall be given thee, which is pleasing unto me, to be had in my church.
  14.   8 And now, behold, I say unto you that you shall go unto the aLamanites and preach my bgospel unto them; and inasmuch as they creceive thy teachings thou shalt cause my dchurch to be established among them; and thou shalt have revelations, but write them not by way of commandment.
  15.   6 And be you afflicted in all his aafflictions, ever blifting up your heart unto me in prayer and faith, for his and your cdeliverance; for I have given unto him power to dbuild up my echurch among the fLamanites;
  16.   2 Behold, you have had many afflictions because of your family; nevertheless, I will bless you and your afamily, yea, your little ones; and the day cometh that they will believe and know the truth and be one with you in my church.
  17.   13 And upon this arock I will build my church; yea, upon this rock ye are built, and if ye continue, the bgates of hell shall not prevail against you.
          •  •  •
      15 And whoso having faith you shall aconfirm in my church, by the laying on of the bhands, and I will bestow the cgift of the Holy Ghost upon them.
  18.   7 And this commandment shall be given unto the elders of my church, that every man which will aembrace it with bsingleness of heart may be ordained and sent forth, even as I have spoken.
  19.   13 Thou art called to alabor in my vineyard, and to bbuild up my cchurch, and to bring forth dZion, that it may rejoice upon the hills and eflourish.
  20.   2 Hearken, O ye elders of my church whom I have called, behold I give unto you a commandment, that ye shall assemble yourselves together to aagree upon my word;
      3 And by the prayer of your faith ye shall receive my alaw, that ye may know how to govern my bchurch and have all things right before me.
  21.   1 Hearken, O ye elders of my achurch, who have assembled yourselves together in my name, even Jesus Christ the Son of the living God, the Savior of the world; inasmuch as ye believe on my name and keep my commandments.
          •  •  •
      8 And from this place ye shall go forth into the regions westward; and inasmuch as ye shall find them that will receive you ye shall abuild up my church in every region—
          •  •  •
      11 Again I say unto you, that it shall not be given to any one to go forth to apreach my gospel, or to build up my church, except he be bordained by some one who has cauthority, and it is known to the church that he has authority and has been regularly ordained by the heads of the church.
          •  •  •
      31 And inasmuch as ye aimpart of your bsubstance unto the cpoor, ye will do it unto me; and they shall be dlaid before the ebishop of my church and his fcounselors, two of the elders, or high priests, such as he shall appoint or has appointed and gset apart for that purpose.
      32 And it shall come to pass, that after they are laid before the bishop of my church, and after that he has received these testimonies concerning the aconsecration of the properties of my church, that they cannot be taken from the church, agreeable to my commandments, every man shall be made baccountable unto me, a csteward over his own property, or that which he has received by consecration, as much as is sufficient for himself and dfamily.
          •  •  •
      37 And it shall come to pass, that he that sinneth and repenteth not shall be acast out of the church, and shall not receive again that which he has bconsecrated unto the poor and the needy of my church, or in other words, unto me—
          •  •  •
      59 Thou shalt take the things which thou hast received, which have been given unto thee in my scriptures for a law, to be my alaw to govern my bchurch;
  22.   1 O hearken, ye elders of my church, and give ear to the words which I shall speak unto you.
      2 For behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, that ye have received a commandment for a alaw unto my church, through him whom I have appointed unto you to receive commandments and brevelations from my hand.
          •  •  •
      8 And now, behold, I give unto you a acommandment, that when ye are bassembled together ye shall cinstruct and dedify each other, that ye may know ehow to act and direct my church, how to act upon the points of my law and commandments, which I have given.
      9 And thus ye shall become instructed in the law of my church, and be asanctified by that which ye have received, and ye shall bind yourselves to act in all holiness before me—
          •  •  •
      15 Again I say, hearken ye elders of my achurch, whom I have appointed: Ye are not sent forth to be btaught, but to cteach the children of men the things which I have put into your hands by the power of my dSpirit;
  23.   1 Behold, thus saith the Lord unto you my servants, it is expedient in me that the elders of my church should be acalled together, from the east and from the west, and from the north and from the south, by letter or some other way.
  24.   1 Hearken, O ye people of my achurch, to whom the bkingdom has been given; hearken ye and give ear to him who laid the foundation of the earth, who cmade the heavens and all the dhosts thereof, and by whom all things were made which elive, and move, and have a being.
          •  •  •
      6 Hearken, O ye people of my church, and ye elders listen together, and hear my voice while it is called atoday, and harden not your hearts;
          •  •  •
      64 Wherefore I, the Lord, have said, gather ye out from the aeastern lands, assemble ye yourselves together ye elders of my church; go ye forth into the western countries, call upon the inhabitants to repent, and inasmuch as they do repent, build up churches unto me.
  25.   1 Hearken, O ye people of my church; for verily I say unto you that these things were spoken unto you for your aprofit and learning.
      2 But notwithstanding those things which are written, it always has been given to the aelders of my church from the beginning, and ever shall be, to bconduct all meetings as they are directed and guided by the Holy Spirit.
  26.   1 Hearken, O ye elders of my church, and give ear to the avoice of the living God; and attend to the words of wisdom which shall be given unto you, according as ye have asked and are agreed as touching the church, and the bspirits which have gone abroad in the earth.
          •  •  •
      8 But the ahypocrites shall be detected and shall be bcut off, either in life or in death, even as I will; and wo unto them who are cut off from my church, for the same are overcome of the world.
  27.   5 And if he shall transgress and is not accounted worthy to belong to the church, he shall not have power to aclaim that portion which he has consecrated unto the bishop for the poor and needy of my church; therefore, he shall not retain the gift, but shall only have bclaim on that portion that is deeded unto him.
  28.   10 Otherwise he shall receive the amoney which he has paid, and shall leave the place, and shall be bcut off out of my church, saith the Lord God of hosts;
  29.   1 Hearken, O ye elders of my church, saith the Lord your God, who have assembled yourselves together, according to my commandments, in this land, which is the land of aMissouri, which is the bland which I have appointed and cconsecrated for the dgathering of the saints.
  30.   1 Hearken, O ye elders of my church, and give aear to my word, and learn of me what I will concerning you, and also concerning bthis land unto which I have sent you.
          •  •  •
      44 And now, verily, I say concerning the residue of the elders of my achurch, the time has not yet come, for many years, for them to receive their binheritance in this land, except they desire it through the prayer of faith, only as it shall be appointed unto them of the Lord.
  31.   2 Behold, verily thus saith the Lord unto you, O ye elders of my church, who are assembled upon this spot, whose sins are now forgiven you, for I, the Lord, aforgive sins, and am bmerciful unto those who cconfess their sins with humble hearts;
  32.   1 Behold, and hearken, O ye elders of my church, saith the Lord your God, even Jesus Christ, your aadvocate, who knoweth the weakness of man and how to bsuccor them who are ctempted.
  33.   1 Behold, thus saith the Lord your God unto you, O ye elders of my achurch, hearken ye and hear, and receive my will concerning you.
          •  •  •
      37 Behold, I, the Lord, have made my church in these last days like unto a ajudge sitting on a hill, or in a high place, to bjudge the nations.
  34.   1 Behold and hearken, O ye aelders of my church, who have assembled yourselves together, whose bprayers I have heard, and whose chearts I know, and whose desires have come up before me.
  35.   7 This is the word of the Lord unto you, my servant Orson Hyde, and also unto my servant Luke Johnson, and unto my servant Lyman Johnson, and unto my servant aWilliam E. McLellin, and unto all the faithful elders of my church
  36.   3 And also that he shall continue in awriting and making a bhistory of all the important things which he shall observe and know concerning my church;
  37.   1 Behold, and hearken, O ye inhabitants of Zion, and all ye people of my church who are afar off, and ahear the word of the Lord which I give unto my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and also unto my servant Martin Harris, and also unto my servant Oliver Cowdery, and also unto my servant John Whitmer, and also unto my servant Sidney Rigdon, and also unto my servant bWilliam W. Phelps, by the way of commandment unto them.
  38.   1 Hearken, and listen to the voice of the Lord, O ye who have assembled yourselves together, who are the ahigh priests of my church, to whom the bkingdom and power have been given.
          •  •  •
      20 And again, let my servants who are appointed as stewards over the aliterary concerns of my church have claim for assistance upon the bishop or bishops in all things—
          •  •  •
      23 And now, behold, this shall be an aensample for all the extensive branches of my church, in whatsoever land they shall be established. And now I make an end of my sayings. Amen.
  39.   23 And again, thus saith the Lord unto you, O ye elders of my church, who have agiven your names that you might know his will concerning you—
  40.   1 The Lord spake unto Joseph Smith, Jun., saying: Hearken unto me, saith the Lord your God, who are ordained unto the ahigh priesthood of my church, who have assembled yourselves together;
          •  •  •
      4 For a permanent and everlasting establishment and order unto my church, to advance the cause, which ye have espoused, to the salvation of man, and to the glory of your Father who is in heaven;
  41.   1 Verily, verily, I say unto you my servant Frederick G. Williams: Listen to the voice of him who speaketh, to the word of the Lord your God, and hearken to the calling wherewith you are called, even to be a ahigh priest in my church, and a bcounselor unto my servant Joseph Smith, Jun.;
  42.   21 And the soul that sins against this covenant, and ahardeneth his heart against it, shall be dealt with according to the laws of my church, and shall be delivered over to the bbuffetings of Satan until the day of redemption.
  43.   32 And the sons of Moses and of Aaron shall be filled with the aglory of the Lord, upon bMount Zion in the Lord’s house, whose sons are ye; and also many whom I have called and sent forth to build up my cchurch.
          •  •  •
      108 Behold, this is the way that mine apostles, in ancient days, built up my church unto me.
  44.   50 My servant Newel K. Whitney also, a bishop of my church, hath need to be achastened, and set in border his family, and see that they are more cdiligent and concerned at home, and pray always, or they shall be removed out of their dplace.
  45.   6 Therefore, I, the Lord, justify you, and your brethren of my church, in befriending that law which is the aconstitutional law of the land;
  46.   1 Verily I say unto you, my friends, I give unto you counsel, and a commandment, concerning all the aproperties which belong to the order which I commanded to be organized and established, to be a bunited order, and an everlasting order for the benefit of my cchurch, and for the salvation of men until I come—
          •  •  •
      59 For the purpose of building up my church and kingdom on the earth, and to aprepare my people for the time when I shall bdwell with them, which is nigh at hand.
  47.   7 I speak not concerning those who are appointed to lead my people, who are the afirst elders of my church, for they are not all under this condemnation;
          •  •  •
      33 Verily I say unto you, it is expedient in me that the first elders of my church should receive their aendowment from on high in my house, which I have commanded to be built unto my name in the land of Kirtland.
  48.   1 It is my will that my servant Warren A. Cowdery should be appointed and ordained a presiding high priest over my church, in the land of aFreedom and the regions round about;
  49.   27 Therefore, see to it that ye trouble not yourselves concerning the affairs of my church ain this place, saith the Lord.
  50.   3 And also unto my faithful servants who are of the high council of my achurch in Zion, for thus it shall be called, and unto all the elders and people of my Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, scattered abroad in all the world;
      4 For thus shall amy bchurch be called in the last days, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day cSaints.
     
  51.   13 Therefore, let him contend earnestly for the redemption of the First Presidency of my Church, saith the Lord; and when he falls he shall rise again, for his asacrifice shall be more sacred unto me than his increase, saith the Lord.
  52.   1 Verily, thus saith the Lord, I require all their asurplus property to be put into the hands of the bishop of my church in Zion,
      2 For the building of mine ahouse, and for the laying of the foundation of Zion and for the priesthood, and for the debts of the Presidency of my Church.
  53.   1 Verily, thus saith the Lord, the time is now come, that ait shall be bdisposed of by a council, composed of the First Presidency of my Church, and of the bishop and his council, and by my high council; and by mine own voice unto them, saith the Lord. Even so. Amen.
  54.   41 For I deign to areveal unto my church things which have been kept bhid from before the foundation of the world, things that pertain to the dispensation of the cfulness of times.
          •  •  •
      84 And with my servant Almon Babbitt, there are many things with which I am not pleased; behold, he aspireth to establish his counsel instead of the counsel which I have ordained, even that of the Presidency of my Church; and he setteth up a agolden calf for the worship of my people.
          •  •  •
      94 And from this time forth I appoint unto him that he may be a prophet, and a aseer, and a revelator unto my church, as well as my servant Joseph;
          •  •  •
      124 First, I give unto you Hyrum Smith to be a apatriarch unto you, to hold the bsealing blessings of my church, even the Holy Spirit of cpromise, whereby ye are dsealed up unto the day of redemption, that ye may not fall notwithstanding the ehour of temptation that may come upon you.
      125 I give unto you my servant Joseph to be a presiding elder over all my church, to be a translator, a revelator, a aseer, and prophet.
          •  •  •
      136 I give unto him Amasa Lyman and Noah Packard for counselors, that they may preside over the quorum of high priests of my church, saith the Lord.
      137 And again, I say unto you, I give unto you John A. Hicks, Samuel Williams, and Jesse Baker, which priesthood is to preside over the quorum of aelders, which quorum is instituted for standing ministers; nevertheless they may travel, yet they are ordained to be standing ministers to my church, saith the Lord.
  55.   10 And again, for the precedent, Matthew 16:18, 19: And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this arock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
  56.   1 Hearken, O ye people of my church, saith the Lord your God, and hear the word of the Lord concerning you—
          •  •  •
      4 Wherefore, prepare ye, prepare ye, O my people; sanctify yourselves; gather ye together, O ye people of my church, upon the land of Zion, all you that have not been commanded to atarry.
          •  •  •
      8 Send forth the elders of my church unto the anations which are afar off; unto the bislands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations, first upon the cGentiles, and then upon the Jews.
          •  •  •
      16 Hearken and hear, O ye inhabitants of the earth. aListen, ye elders of my church together, and hear the voice of the Lord; for he calleth upon all men, and he commandeth all men everywhere to brepent.
  57.   41 Now, therefore, hearken, O ye people of my achurch; and ye elders listen together; you have received my bkingdom.
  58.  

No comments:

Post a Comment