Friday, November 8, 2013

"Before me"

  1.   13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with aviolence through them; and, behold, I will bdestroy them cwith the earth.
  2.   1 And the Lord said unto aNoah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
  3.   1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord aappeared to bAbram, and said unto him, I am the cAlmighty God; dwalk before me, and be thou eperfect.
  4.   16 And he delivered them into the hand of his servants, every drove by themselves; and said unto his servants, Pass over before me, and put a space betwixt drove and drove.
          •  •  •
      20 And say ye moreover, Behold, thy servant Jacob is behind us. For he said, I will appease him with the present that goeth before me, and afterward I will see his face; peradventure he will accept of me.
  5.   14 Let my lord, I pray thee, pass over before his servant: and I will lead on softly, according as the cattle that goeth before me and the children be able to endure, until I come unto my lord unto Seir.
  6.   9 And the chief butler told his dream to Joseph, and said to him, In my dream, behold, a vine was before me;
  7.   3 And Moses and Aaron came in unto Pharaoh, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord God of the Hebrews, How long wilt thou refuse to ahumble thyself before me? let my people go, that they may serve me.
  8.   3 Thou shalt have ano other bgods before me.
  9.   15 Thou shalt keep the afeast of unleavened bread: (thou shalt eat unleavened bread seven days, as I commanded thee, in the time appointed of the month bAbib; for in it thou camest out from Egypt: and none shall appear before me cempty:)
  10.   30 And thou shalt set upon the table ashewbread before me alway.
  11.   20 But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the afirstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.
  12.   32 And the angel of the Lord said unto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine ass these three times? behold, I went out to withstand thee, because thy way is aperverse before me:
  13.   7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
  14.   9 And Jephthah said unto the elders of Gilead, If ye bring me home again to fight against the children of Ammon, and the Lord deliver them before me, ashall I be your head?
  15.   28 And did I achoose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to offer upon mine altar, to burn incense, to wear an bephod before me? and did I give unto the house of thy father all the cofferings made by fire of the children of Israel?
          •  •  •
      30 Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the ahouse of thy father, should bwalk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that chonour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly desteemed.
  16.   19 And Samuel answered Saul, and said, I am the aseer: go up before me unto the high place; for ye shall eat with me to day, and to morrow I will let thee go, and will tell thee all that is in thine heart.
  17.   8 And thou shalt go down before me to Gilgal; and, behold, I will come down unto thee, to offer aburnt offerings, and to sacrifice sacrifices of peace offerings: seven days shalt thou tarry, till I come to thee, and shew thee what thou shalt do.
  18.   22 And Saul sent to Jesse, saying, Let David, I pray thee, stand before me; for he hath found favour in my sight.
  19.   19 And she said unto her servants, Go on before me; behold, I come after you. But she told not her husband Nabal.
  20.   20 And David came to aBaal-perazim, and David smote them there, and said, The Lord hath broken forth upon mine enemies before me, as the bbreach of waters. Therefore he called the name of that place Baal-perazim.
  21.   13 And say ye to aAmasa, Art thou not of my bone, and of my flesh? God do so to me, and more also, if thou be not captain of the host before me continually in the room of Joab.
  22.   23 For all his ajudgments were before me: and as for his statutes, I did not depart from them.
  23.   4 That the Lord may continue his word which he spake concerning me, saying, If thy achildren take bheed to their way, to walk before me in truth with all their cheart and with all their soul, there shall not fail thee (said he) a man on the dthrone of Israel.
  24.   25 Therefore now, Lord God of Israel, keep with thy servant David my father that thou promisedst him, saying, There shall not fail thee a man in my sight to sit on the throne of Israel; aso that thy children take heed to their way, that they walk before me as thou hast walked before me.
  25.   3 And the Lord said unto him, I have heard thy aprayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my bname there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.
      4 And if thou wilt awalk before me, as bDavid thy father walked, in cintegrity of heart, and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my statutes and my judgments:
  26.   36 And unto his son will I give aone btribe, that David my servant may have a light alway before me in Jerusalem, the city which I have cchosen me to put my name there.
  27.   29 Seest thou how Ahab humbleth himself before me? because he humbleth himself before me, I will not bring the evil in his days: but in his son’s days will I bring the evil upon his house.
  28.   19 Because thine heart was tender, and thou hast ahumbled thyself before the Lord, when thou heardest what I spake against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, that they should become a bdesolation and a ccurse, and hast rent thy clothes, and wept before me; I also have heard thee, saith the Lord.
  29.   16 Now therefore, O Lord God of Israel, keep with thy servant David my father that which thou hast promised him, saying, There shall not fail thee a man in my sight to sit upon the throne of Israel; ayet so that thy children take heed to their way to walk in my law, as thou hast walked before me.
  30.   17 And as for thee, if thou wilt awalk before me, as David thy father walked, and do according to all that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statutes and my judgments;
  31.   27 Because thine heart was tender, and thou didst humble thyself before God, when thou heardest his words against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, and humbledst thyself before me, and didst rend thy clothes, and weep before me; I have even heard thee also, saith the Lord.
  32.   18 The letter which ye sent unto us hath been plainly read before me.
  33.   15 But the former governors that had been before me awere chargeable unto the people, and had taken of them bread and wine, beside forty shekels of silver; yea, even their servants bare brule over the people: but so did not I, because of the cfear of God.
  34.   19 Also they reported his good deeds before me, and uttered my words to him. And Tobiah sent letters to put me in fear.
  35.   8 Then the king returned out of the palace garden into the place of the banquet of wine; and Haman was fallen upon the bed whereon Esther was. Then said the king, Will he force the queen also before me in the house? As the word went out of the king’s mouth, they covered Haman’s face.
  36.   11 Because ahe hath loosed my cord, and afflicted me, they have also let loose the bridle before me.
  37.   5 If thou canst answer me, set thy words in order before me, stand up.
  38.   10 None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me?
  39.   8 I have set the aLord always before me: because he is at my bright hand, I shall not be moved.
  40.   22 For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me.
  41.   5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou aanointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
  42.   17 For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.
  43.   1 I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my atongue: I will keep my bmouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.
  44.   15 My confusion is continually before me, and the shame of my face hath covered me,
  45.   8 I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices or thy burnt offerings, to have been continually before me.
  46.   3 For I aacknowledge my transgressions: and my bsin is ever before me.
  47.   6 They have prepared a anet for my steps; my soul is bowed down: they have bdigged a cpit before me, into the midst whereof they are fallen themselves. Selah.
  48.   36 His seed shall aendure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
  49.   30 I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.
  50.   16 I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, aI am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.
     
  51.   7 I got me servants and maidens, and had servants born in my house; also I had great possessions of great and small cattle above all that were in Jerusalem before me:
          •  •  •
      9 So I was great, and increased more than all that were before me in Jerusalem: also my wisdom remained with me.
  52.   12 My vineyard, which is mine, is before me: thou, O Solomon, must have a thousand, and those that keep the fruit thereof two hundred.
  53.   12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
  54.   1 Keep asilence before me, O islands; and let the people brenew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak: let us come near ctogether to judgment.
  55.   10 aYe are my bwitnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have cchosen: that ye may know and dbelieve me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
  56.   19 Thy aseed also had been as the sand, and the offspring of thy bowels like the gravel thereof; his name should not have been cut off nor destroyed from before me.
  57.   16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
  58.   16 For I will not acontend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the bsouls which I have made.
  59.   6 Behold, it is written before me: I will not keep silence, but will arecompense, even recompense into their bosom,
  60.   22 For as the anew heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your bseed and your name remain.
      23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to aworship before me, saith the Lord.
  61.   22 For though thou awash thee with bnitre, and take thee much soap, yet thine iniquity is marked before me, saith the Lord God.
  62.   7 As a fountain casteth out her waters, so she casteth out her awickedness: bviolence and spoil is heard in her; before me continually is grief and wounds.
  63.   10 And come and astand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?
  64.   1 Then said the Lord unto me, Though Moses and Samuel stood before me, yet my mind could not be toward this people: cast them out of my sight, and let them go forth.
          •  •  •
      19 ¶ Therefore thus saith the Lord, If thou areturn, then will I bring thee again, and thou shalt stand before me: and if thou take forth the precious from the vile, thou shalt be as my mouth: let them return unto thee; but return not thou unto them.
  65.   8 The prophets that have been before me and before thee of old prophesied both against many countries, and against great kingdoms, of war, and of evil, and of pestilence.
  66.   20 Their children also shall be as aforetime, and their congregation shall be established before me, and I will punish all that oppress them.
  67.   36 If those aordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
  68.   30 For the children of Israel and the children of Judah have only done evil before me from their youth: for the children of Israel have only provoked me to aanger with the work of their hands, saith the Lord.
  69.   18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.
  70.   15 And ye were now turned, and had done right in my sight, in proclaiming liberty every man to his neighbour; and ye had made a covenant before me in the house which is called by my name:
          •  •  •
      18 And I will give the men that have transgressed my covenant, which have not performed the words of the covenant which they had made before me, when they acut the calf in twain, and bpassed between the parts thereof,
  71.   19 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for ever.
  72.   19 Behold, he shall come up like a alion from the swelling of Jordan against the habitation of the strong: but I will suddenly make him run away from her: and who is a chosen man, that I may appoint over her? for who is like me? and who will appoint me the time? and who is that shepherd that will stand before me?
  73.   44 Behold, he shall come up like a lion from the swelling of Jordan unto the habitation of the strong: but I will make them suddenly run away from her: and who is a chosen man, that I may appoint over her? for who is like me? and who will appoint me the time? and who is that ashepherd that will stand before me?
  74.   10 And he spread it before me; and it was written awithin and without: and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe.
  75.   1 And it came to pass in the sixth year, in the sixth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I sat in mine house, and the aelders of Judah sat before me, that the bhand of the Lord God fell there upon me.
  76.   1 Then came certain of the aelders of Israel unto me, and sat before me.
  77.   50 And they were haughty, and committed aabomination before me: therefore I took them baway cas I saw good.
  78.   1 And it came to pass in the seventh ayear, in the fifth month, the tenth day of the month, that certain of the belders of Israel came to enquire of the Lord, and sat before me.
  79.   30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not adestroy it: but I found none.
  80.   17 Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they adefiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the buncleanness of a removed woman.
  81.   15 ¶ But the apriests the bLevites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall ccome near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord God:
  82.   9 But if ye will not make known unto me the dream, there is but one decree for you: for ye have prepared lying and corrupt words to speak before me, atill the time be changed: therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that ye can shew me the interpretation thereof.
  83.   6 Therefore made I a decree to bring in all the awise men of Babylon before me, that they might make known unto me the interpretation of the dream.
          •  •  •
      8 ¶ But at the last Daniel came in before me, whose name was Belteshazzar, according to the name of my god, and in whom is the spirit of the holy agods: and before him I told the dream, saying,
  84.   15 And now the wise men, the aastrologers, have been brought in before me, that they should read this writing, and make known unto me the interpretation thereof: but they could not shew the interpretation of the thing:
  85.   15 ¶ And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man.
  86.   16 And, behold, one like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood before me, O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength.
  87.   2 Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and acry against it; for their bwickedness is come up before me.
  88.   3 Why dost thou shew me iniquity, and cause me to behold grievance? for spoiling and violence are before me: and there are that raise up astrife and contention.
  89.   14 Then answered Haggai, and said, So is this people, and so is this nation before me, saith the Lord; and so is every work of their hands; and that which they offer there is unclean.
  90.   1 Behold, I will asend my bmessenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly ccome to his dtemple, even the emessenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.
  91.   27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
  92.   15 ¶ John bare awitness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
          •  •  •
      27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose ashoe’s latchet I am not worthy to unloose.
          •  •  •
      30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.
  93.   7 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.
  94.   8 All that ever came before me aare thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
  95.   30 And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was afasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a bman stood before me in bright clothing,
  96.   9 But Festus, willing to do the Jews a pleasure, answered Paul, and said, Wilt thou go up to Jerusalem, and there be judged of these things before me?
  97.   7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.
  98.   17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
  99.   7 Nevertheless I went forth, and as I came near unto the house of Laban I beheld a man, and he had fallen to the earth before me, for he was adrunken with wine.
          •  •  •
      30 And it came to pass that when the servant of Laban beheld my brethren he began to tremble, and was about to flee from before me and return to the city of Jerusalem.
  100.   20 And it came to pass that they were sorrowful, because of their wickedness, insomuch that they did bow down before me, and did plead with me that I would aforgive them of the thing that they had done against me.
     
  101.   5 And it came to pass that I saw a aman, and he was dressed in a white brobe; and he came and stood before me.
  102.   14 And it came to pass that I saw the aheavens open; and an angel came down and stood before me; and he said unto me: Nephi, what beholdest thou?
  103.   52 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said many things unto my brethren, insomuch that they were aconfounded and could not contend against me; neither durst they lay their hands upon me nor touch me with their fingers, even for the space of many days. Now they durst not do this lest they should wither before me, so powerful was the bSpirit of God; and thus it had wrought upon them.
          •  •  •
      54 And it came to pass that I stretched forth my hand unto my brethren, and they did not wither before me; but the Lord did shake them, even according to the word which he had spoken.
      55 And now, they said: We know of a surety that the Lord is awith thee, for we know that it is the power of the Lord that has shaken us. And they fell down before me, and were about to bworship me, but I would not suffer them, saying: I am thy brother, yea, even thy younger brother; wherefore, worship the Lord thy God, and honor thy father and thy mother, that thy cdays may be long in the land which the Lord thy God shall give thee.
  104.   19 Thy aseed also had been as the sand; the offspring of thy bowels like the gravel thereof; his name should not have been cut off nor destroyed from before me.
  105.   16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the apalms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
  106.   22 He hath confounded mine aenemies, unto the causing of them to quake before me.
          •  •  •
      32 May the gates of hell be shut continually before me, because that my aheart is broken and my spirit is contrite! O Lord, wilt thou not shut the gates of thy righteousness before me, that I may bwalk in the path of the low valley, that I may be strict in the plain road!
      33 O Lord, wilt thou encircle me around in the robe of thy arighteousness! O Lord, wilt thou make a way for mine escape before mine benemies! Wilt thou make my path straight before me! Wilt thou not place a stumbling block in my way—but that thou wouldst clear my way before me, and hedge not up my way, but the ways of mine enemy.
  107.   24 Behold, David and aSolomon truly had many bwives and concubines, which thing was cabominable before me, saith the Lord.
          •  •  •
      28 For I, the Lord God, delight in the achastity of women. And bwhoredoms are an abomination before me; thus saith the Lord of Hosts.
  108.   2 And the things which I shall tell you are made known unto me by an aangel from God. And he said unto me: bAwake; and I awoke, and behold he stood before me.
  109.   35 Thou shalt have no aother God before me.
  110.   25 And it shall come to pass that when the asecond trump shall sound then shall they that never bknew me come forth and shall stand before me.
  111.   16 Therefore I do make my record from the accounts which have been given by those who were before me, until the commencement of my day;
          •  •  •
      19 And now I make an end of my saying, which is of myself, and proceed to give my account of the things which have been before me.
  112.   1 And it came to pass that he commanded them that they should write the words which the Father had given unto Malachi, which he should tell unto them. And it came to pass that after they were written he expounded them. And these are the words which he did tell unto them, saying: Thus said the Father unto Malachi—Behold, I will asend my bmessenger, and he shall prepare the way before me, and the Lord whom ye seek shall suddenly ccome to his temple, even the dmessenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in; behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of Hosts.
  113.   14 And my Father sent me that I might be alifted up upon the bcross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the ccross, that I might ddraw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be ejudged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil—
          •  •  •
      20 Now this is the commandment: aRepent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be bbaptized in my name, that ye may be csanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand dspotless before me at the last day.
  114.   9 And now, the Lamanites had a king, and his name was aAaron; and he came against us with an army of forty and four thousand. And behold, I withstood him with forty and two thousand. And it came to pass that I beat him with my army that he fled before me. And behold, all this was done, and three hundred and thirty years had passed away.
  115.   23 Search the prophecies of aIsaiah. Behold, I cannot write them. Yea, behold I say unto you, that those saints who have gone before me, who have possessed this land, shall bcry, yea, even from the dust will they cry unto the Lord; and as the Lord liveth he will remember the covenant which he hath made with them.
  116.   9 And the Lord said unto him: Because of thy faith thou hast seen that I shall take upon me aflesh and blood; and never has man come before me with bsuch exceeding faith as thou hast; for were it not so ye could not have seen my finger. Sawest thou more than this?
  117.   27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their aweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them.
  118.   21 And now I command you, my servant Joseph, to arepent and bwalk more uprightly before me, and to yield to the cpersuasions of men no more;
          •  •  •
      24 Behold, I say unto him, he exalts himself and does not ahumble himself sufficiently before me; but if he will bbow down before me, and humble himself in mighty cprayer and faith, in the dsincerity of his heart, then will I grant unto him a eview of the things which he desires to see.
  119.   31 And now I speak unto you, the aTwelve—Behold, my grace is sufficient for you; you must walk uprightly before me and sin not.
  120.   41 Or canst thou be ahumble and meek, and conduct thyself wisely before me? Yea, bcome unto me thy Savior. Amen.
  121.   4 Wherefore, meaning the church, thou shalt give aheed unto all his words and bcommandments which he shall give unto you as he receiveth them, walking in all choliness before me;
  122.   2 A revelation I give unto you concerning my will; and if thou art faithful and awalk in the paths of bvirtue before me, I will preserve thy life, and thou shalt receive an cinheritance in Zion.
  123.   2 Who will agather his people even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, even as many as will hearken to my voice and bhumble themselves before me, and call upon me in mighty prayer.
          •  •  •
      47 Wherefore, they cannot asin, for power is not given unto Satan to btempt little children, until they cbegin to become daccountable before me;
  124.   4 Thou art blessed, for thou shalt do great things. Behold thou wast sent forth, even as aJohn, to prepare the way before me, and before bElijah which should come, and thou knewest it not.
  125.   11 For all aflesh is corrupted before me; and the powers of bdarkness prevail upon the earth, among the children of men, in the presence of all the hosts of heaven—
          •  •  •
      14 But now I tell it unto you, and ye are blessed, not because of your iniquity, neither your hearts of unbelief; for verily some of you are aguilty before me, but I will be merciful unto your bweakness.
          •  •  •
      16 And for your salvation I give unto you a commandment, for I have heard your aprayers, and the bpoor have complained before me, and the crich have I made, and all flesh is mine, and I am no drespecter of persons.
          •  •  •
      24 And let every man aesteem his brother as himself, and practise bvirtue and holiness before me.
  126.   8 And verily I say unto thee, thine heart is now right before me at this time; and, behold, I have bestowed great ablessings upon thy head;
  127.   1 Behold, verily I say unto you, that the heart of my servant aJames Covill was right before me, for he covenanted with me that he would obey my word.
  128.   3 And by the prayer of your faith ye shall receive my alaw, that ye may know how to govern my bchurch and have all things right before me.
          •  •  •
      11 And this because his heart is pure before me, for he is like unto aNathanael of old, in whom there is no bguile.
      12 These words are given unto you, and they are pure before me; wherefore, beware how you hold them, for they are to be answered upon your asouls in the day of judgment. Even so. Amen.
  129.   41 And let all things be done in acleanliness before me.
  130.   9 And thus ye shall become instructed in the law of my church, and be asanctified by that which ye have received, and ye shall bind yourselves to act in all holiness before me
          •  •  •
      11 aPurge ye out the biniquity which is among you; sanctify yourselves before me;
      12 And if ye desire the glories of the kingdom, aappoint ye my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and uphold him before me by the prayer of faith.
          •  •  •
      14 And if ye do it not he shall remain unto them that have received him, that I may reserve unto myself a apure bpeople before me.
          •  •  •
      33 And the wicked shall go away into unquenchable afire, and their end no man knoweth on earth, nor ever shall know, until they come before me in bjudgment.
  131.   9 And even so I have sent mine aeverlasting bcovenant into the world, to be a clight to the world, and to be a dstandard for my people, and for the eGentiles to seek to it, and to be a fmessenger before my face to prepare the way before me.
  132.   7 But ye are commanded in all things to aask of God, who giveth liberally; and that which the Spirit testifies unto you even so I would that ye should do in all bholiness of heart, walking uprightly before me, cconsidering the end of your salvation, doing all things with prayer and dthanksgiving, that ye may not be eseduced by evil fspirits, or doctrines of devils, or the gcommandments of men; for some are of men, and others of devils.
          •  •  •
      33 And ye must practise avirtue and holiness before me continually. Even so. Amen.
  133.   2 Behold, I say unto you, that they desire to know the truth in part, but not all, for they are not aright before me and must needs repent.
  134.   9 Wherefore, let every man beware lest he do that which is not in truth and righteousness before me.
  135.   3 And if your brethren desire to escape their enemies, let them repent of all their sins, and become truly ahumble before me and contrite.
  136.   3 And on whomsoever you shall alay your hands, if they are contrite before me, you shall have power to give the Holy Spirit.
      4 And again, you shall be ordained to assist my servant Oliver Cowdery to do the work of printing, and of selecting and writing abooks for bschools in this church, that little cchildren also may receive dinstruction before me as is pleasing unto me.
  137.   7 Wherefore, let my servant Newel Knight remain with them; and as many as will go may go, that are contrite before me, and be led by him to the land which I have appointed.
  138.   13 And let my servant aOliver Cowdery assist him, even as I have commanded, in whatsoever place I shall appoint unto him, to copy, and to correct, and select, that all things may be right before me, as it shall be proved by the Spirit through him.
  139.   41 And also he hath need to repent, for I, the Lord, am not well pleased with him, for he seeketh to excel, and he is not sufficiently meek before me.
  140.   4 And they shall also be crowned with blessings from above, yea, and with acommandments not a few, and with brevelations in their time—they that are cfaithful and ddiligent before me.
  141.   34 And inasmuch as they do this they shall arid their garments, and they shall be spotless before me.
          •  •  •
      37 And inasmuch as you have humbled yourselves before me, the blessings of the akingdom are yours.
  142.   7 Nevertheless, he has sinned; but verily I say unto you, I, the Lord, aforgive sins unto those who bconfess their sins before me and ask forgiveness, who have not csinned unto ddeath.
  143.   1 Behold and hearken, O ye aelders of my church, who have assembled yourselves together, whose bprayers I have heard, and whose chearts I know, and whose desires have come up before me.
          •  •  •
      10 And again, verily I say unto you that it is your privilege, and a apromise I give unto you that have been ordained unto this ministry, that inasmuch as you bstrip yourselves from cjealousies and dfears, and ehumble yourselves before me, for ye are not sufficiently humble, the fveil shall be rent and you shall gsee me and know that I am—not with the carnal neither natural mind, but with the spiritual.
  144.   2 And listen to the acounsel of him who has bordained you from on high, who shall speak in your ears the words of cwisdom, that salvation may be unto you in that thing which you have presented before me, saith the Lord God.
  145.   9 Or, in other words, I give unto you directions how you may aact before me, that it may bturn to you for your salvation.
  146.   74 And I give unto you, who are the first alaborers in this last kingdom, a commandment that you assemble yourselves together, and organize yourselves, and prepare yourselves, and bsanctify yourselves; yea, purify your hearts, and ccleanse your hands and your feet before me, that I may make you dclean;
          •  •  •
      135 And he that cometh in and is faithful before me, and is a brother, or if they be brethren, they shall salute the president or teacher with uplifted hands to heaven, with this same prayer and covenant, or by saying Amen, in token of the same.
  147.   36 But verily I say unto you, that I, the Lord, will contend with aZion, and plead with her strong ones, and bchasten her until she overcomes and is cclean before me.
  148.   5 And that alaw of the land which is bconstitutional, supporting that principle of freedom in maintaining rights and privileges, belongs to all mankind, and is justifiable before me.
          •  •  •
      17 And again, the hearts of the aJews unto the prophets, and the prophets unto the Jews; lest I come and smite the whole earth with a curse, and all flesh be consumed before me.
          •  •  •
      28 And now, verily I say unto you, if that enemy shall escape my vengeance, that he be not brought into judgment before me, then ye shall see to it that ye awarn him in my name, that he come no more upon you, neither upon your family, even your children’s children unto the third and fourth generation.
          •  •  •
      38 Behold, this is an aensample unto all people, saith the Lord your God, for justification before me.
  149.   24 And inasmuch as mine enemies come against you to drive you from my goodly aland, which I have consecrated to be the land of Zion, even from your own lands after these testimonies, which ye have brought before me against them, ye shall curse them;
  150.   23 And I will multiply blessings upon him, inasmuch as he will be humble before me.
          •  •  •
      79 And it is my will that you shall ahumble yourselves before me, and obtain this blessing by your bdiligence and humility and the prayer of faith.
     
  151.   12 For behold, I have prepared a great endowment and blessing to be apoured out upon them, inasmuch as they are faithful and continue in humility before me.
          •  •  •
      23 And let all my people who dwell in the regions round about be very faithful, and prayerful, and humble before me, and reveal not the things which I have revealed unto them, until it is wisdom in me that they should be revealed.
          •  •  •
      31 But first let my army become very great, and let it be asanctified before me, that it may become fair as the sun, and clear as the bmoon, and that her banners may be terrible unto all nations;
  152.   7 Therefore, blessed is my servant Warren, for I will have mercy on him; and, notwithstanding the avanity of his heart, I will lift him up inasmuch as he will humble himself before me.
  153.   5 Behold, your sins are aforgiven you; you are clean before me; therefore, lift up your heads and brejoice.
  154.   1 Verily thus saith the Lord unto you my servant Thomas: I have heard thy prayers; and thine aalms have come up as a bmemorial before me, in behalf of those, thy brethren, who were chosen to bear testimony of my name and to csend it abroad among all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, and ordained through the instrumentality of my servants,
          •  •  •
      12 And pray for thy brethren of the Twelve. aAdmonish them sharply for my name’s sake, and let them be admonished for all their sins, and be ye faithful before me unto my bname.
          •  •  •
      22 Inasmuch as they shall humble themselves before me, and abide in my word, and ahearken to the voice of my Spirit.
          •  •  •
      28 But apurify your hearts before me; and then bgo ye into all the world, and preach my gospel unto every creature who has not received it;
  155.   4 Let them repent of all their sins, and of all their covetous desires, before me, saith the Lord; for what is aproperty unto me? saith the Lord.
          •  •  •
      11 Let my servant Newel K. Whitney be ashamed of the aNicolaitane band and of all their bsecret abominations, and of all his littleness of soul before me, saith the Lord, and come up to the land of Adam-ondi-Ahman, and be a cbishop unto my people, saith the Lord, not in name but in deed, saith the Lord.
  156.   16 aCursed are all those that shall lift up the bheel against mine canointed, saith the Lord, and cry they have dsinned when they have not sinned before me, saith the Lord, but have done that which was meet in mine eyes, and which I commanded them.
  157.   2 Your prayers are acceptable before me; and in answer to them I say unto you, that you are now called immediately to make a solemn aproclamation of my gospel, and of this bstake which I have planted to be a ccornerstone of Zion, which shall be polished with the refinement which is after the similitude of a palace.
          •  •  •
      15 And again, verily I say unto you, blessed is my servant Hyrum Smith; for I, the Lord, love him because of the aintegrity of his heart, and because he loveth that which is right before me, saith the Lord.
          •  •  •
      48 For ainstead of blessings, ye, by your own works, bring cursings, wrath, indignation, and judgments upon your own heads, by your follies, and by all your abominations, which you practise before me, saith the Lord.
          •  •  •
      97 Let my servant William Law also receive the keys by which he may ask and receive blessings; let him be ahumble before me, and be without bguile, and he shall receive of my Spirit, even the cComforter, which shall manifest unto him the truth of all things, and shall give him, in the very hour, what he shall say.
          •  •  •
      103 And again, verily I say unto you, if my servant Sidney will serve me and be acounselor unto my servant Joseph, let him arise and come up and stand in the office of his calling, and humble himself before me.
  158.   52 And let mine handmaid, Emma Smith, areceive all those that have been given unto my servant Joseph, and who are virtuous and pure before me; and those who are not pure, and have said they were pure, shall be destroyed, saith the Lord God.
  159.   1 And I, the aLord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That bSatan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the cbeginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will dredeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely eI will do it; wherefore fgive me thine honor.
  160.   30 And God said unto Noah: The end of all flesh is come before me, for the earth is filled with violence, and behold I will adestroy all flesh from off the earth.
  161.  
  162.  
  163.  

No comments:

Post a Comment