Thursday, October 11, 2012

Might possess the land



  1.   8 And I brought you into the land of the aAmorites, which dwelt on the other side Jordan; and they fought with you: and I gave them into your hand, that ye might possess their land; and I bdestroyed them from before you.

  2.   6 And I went in unto the king, and he covenanted with me that I might possess the aland of Lehi-Nephi, and the land of Shilom.

      7 And he also commanded that his people should depart out of the land, and I and my people went into the land that we might possess it.
          •  •  •

      10 Now it was the cunning and the craftiness of king aLaman, to bbring my people into bondage, that he yielded up the land that we might possess it.

  3.   15 Therefore the Lamanites did spare their lives, and took them captives and carried them back to the land of Nephi, and granted unto them that they might possess the land, under the conditions that they would deliver up king Noah into the hands of the Lamanites, and deliver up their property, even aone half of all they possessed, one half of their gold, and their silver, and all their precious things, and thus they should pay tribute to the king of the Lamanites from year to year.
          •  •  •

      22 And it came to pass that they were about to return to the land of Nephi, and they met the men of Gideon. And the men of Gideon told them of all that had happened to their wives and their children; and that the Lamanites had granted unto them that they might possess the land by paying a tribute to the Lamanites of one half of all they possessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment