Monday, October 22, 2012

Hear cries


  1.   34 And when Esau heard the words of his father, he cried with a great and exceeding bitter cry, and said unto his father, Bless me, even me also, O my father.

  2.   15 And it came to pass, when he heard that I lifted up my voice and cried, that he left his garment with me, and fled, and got him out.

  3.   7 ¶ And the Lord said, I have surely seen the aaffliction of my people which are in bEgypt, and have heard their ccry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;

  4.   23 If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry;
          •  •  •

      27 For that is his acovering only, it is his raiment for his skin: wherein shall he sleep? and it shall come to pass, when he crieth unto me, that I will hear; for I am bgracious.

  5.   18 And he said, It is not the voice of them that ashout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear.

  6.   16 And when we cried unto the Lord, he heard our voice, and sent an aangel, and hath brought us forth out of Egypt: and, behold, we are in Kadesh, a city in the uttermost of thy border:

  7.   9 Beware that there be not a thought in thy wicked heart, saying, The seventh year, the year of release, is at hand; and thine aeye be evil against thy poor brother, and thou givest him nought; and he bcry unto the Lord against thee, and it be sin unto thee.

  8.   15 aAt his day thou shalt give him his bhire, neither shall the sun go down upon it; for he is poor, and setteth his heart upon it: lest he ccry against thee unto the Lord, and it be sin unto thee.

  9.   7 And when we acried unto the Lord God of our fathers, the Lord bheard our voice, and looked on our affliction, and our labour, and our coppression:

  10.   7 ¶ And when they told it to Jotham, he went and stood in the top of mount aGerizim, and lifted up his voice, and cried, and said unto them, Hearken unto me, ye men of Shechem, that God may hearken unto you.

  11.   13 And when he came, lo, Eli sat upon a seat by the wayside watching: for his heart trembled for the ark of God. And when the man came into the city, and told it, all the city cried out.

      14 And when Eli heard the noise of the crying, he said, What meaneth the noise of this tumult? And the man came in hastily, and told Eli.

  12.   9 ¶ And Samuel took a sucking lamb, and offered it for a burnt offering wholly unto the Lord: and Samuel acried unto the Lord for Israel; and the Lord bheard him.

  13.   18 And ye shall cry out in that day because of your aking which ye shall have bchosen you; and the Lord will not chear you in that day.

  14.   16 ¶ Then cried a wise woman out of the city, Hear, hear; say, I pray you, unto Joab, Come near hither, that I may speak with thee.

  15.   7 In my adistress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his btemple, and my cry did enter into his ears.

  16.   28 Yet have thou respect unto the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O Lord my God, to hearken unto the cry and to the prayer, which thy servant prayeth before thee to day:

  17.   4 And it came to pass, when king Jeroboam heard the saying of the man of God, which had cried against the altar in Beth-el, that he put forth his hand from the altar, saying, Lay hold on him. And his hand, which he put forth against him, dried up, so that he could not pull it in again to him.

  18.   28 Then Rab-shakeh stood and cried with a loud voice in the Jews’ alanguage, and spake, saying, Hear the word of the great king, the king of Assyria:

  19.   19 Have respect therefore to the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O Lord my God, to hearken unto the cry and the prayer which thy servant prayeth before thee:

  20.   9 If, when evil cometh upon us, as the sword, judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we stand before this house, and in thy presence, (for thy name is in this house,) and cry unto thee in our aaffliction, then thou wilt hear and help.

  21.   6 ¶ And I was very angry when I heard their cry and these words.

  22.   9 And didst see the aaffliction of our fathers in Egypt, and heardest their cry by the bRed sea;
          •  •  •

      27 Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their aenemies, who bvexed them: and in the time of their ctrouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them dsaviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.

      28 But after they had rest, they did evil again before thee: therefore leftest thou them in the hand of their enemies, so that they had the dominion over them: yet when they returned, and cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and many times didst thou deliver them according to thy mercies;

  23.   7 Behold, I cry out of wrong, but I am not heard: I cry aloud, but there is no ajudgment.

  24.   9 Will God ahear his bcry when trouble cometh upon him?

  25.   20 I cry unto thee, and thou dost not ahear me: I stand up, and thou regardest me not.

  26.   28 So that they cause the cry of the poor to come unto him, and he heareth the cry of the afflicted.

  27.   13 But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them.

  28.   4 I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.

  29.   2 Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my aKing, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.

  30.   1 Hear the right, O Lord, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.

  31.   6 In my adistress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his btemple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

  32.   2 O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.
          •  •  •

      24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

  33.   7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.

  34.   2 Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy aoracle.

  35.   22 For I said in my ahaste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.

  36.   6 This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
          •  •  •

      17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and adelivereth them out of all their troubles.

  37.   12 Hear my prayer, O Lord, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a astranger with thee, and a bsojourner, as all my fathers were.

  38.   1 I awaited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

  39.   17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I apray, and cry aloud: and he shall bhear my voice.

  40.   1 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.

      2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the arock that is higher than I.

  41.   2 My soul longeth, yea, even afainteth for the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.

  42.   1 Hear my prayer, O Lord, and let my cry come unto thee.

  43.   44 Nevertheless he regarded their affliction, when he heard their cry:

  44.   145 I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O Lord: I will keep thy statutes.

  45.   1 In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me.

  46.   19 He will fulfil the adesire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.

  47.   13 Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the apoor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.

  48.   17 The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools.

  49.   4 And Heshbon shall acry, and Elealeh: their voice shall be heard even unto Jahaz: therefore the armed soldiers of Moab shall cry out; his life shall be grievous unto him.

      5 My aheart shall cry out for Moab; his fugitives shall flee unto Zoar, an bheifer of three years old: for by cthe mounting up of Luhith with weeping shall they go it up; for in the way of dHoronaim they shall raise up a cry of destruction.

  50.   19 For the people shall dwell in aZion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee. 

    1.   13 Then Rabshakeh stood, and cried with a loud voice in the Jews’ language, and said, Hear ye the words of the great king, the king of Assyria.

    2.   2 He shall not cry, nor alift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.

    3.   14 Behold, my servants shall sing for joy of heart, but ye shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall ahowl for vexation of spirit.
            •  •  •

        19 And I will arejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

    4.   16 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not ahear thee.

    5.   11 ¶ Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring aevil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall bcry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.
            •  •  •

        14 Therefore apray not thou for this people, neither lift up a cry or prayer for them: for I will not hear them in the time that they cry unto me for their trouble.

    6.   12 When they fast, I will not ahear their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and an oblation, I will not accept them: but I will bconsume them by the sword, and by the famine, and by the pestilence.

    7.   22 Let a cry be heard from their houses, when thou shalt bring a troop suddenly upon them: for they have digged a pit to take me, and hid snares for my feet.

    8.   16 And let that man be as the cities which the Lord aoverthrew, and repented not: and let him hear the cry in the morning, and the shouting at noontide;

    9.   36 A voice of the cry of the shepherds, and an howling of the principal of the flock, shall be heard: for the Lord hath spoiled their pasture.

    10.   12 The nations have heard of thy ashame, and thy cry hath filled the land: for the mighty man hath stumbled against the mighty, and they are fallen both together.

    11.   4 aMoab is destroyed; her little ones have caused a cry to be heard.

        5 For in the going up of Luhith continual weeping shall go up; for in the going down of Horonaim the enemies have heard a cry of destruction.
            •  •  •

        31 Therefore will I howl for Moab, and I will cry out for all Moab; mine heart shall mourn for the men of Kir-heres.

    12.   21 The earth is amoved at the noise of their fall, at the cry the noise thereof was heard in the Red sea.

    13.   46 At the noise of the taking of Babylon the earth is amoved, and the cry is heard among the nations.

    14.   18 Their heart cried unto the Lord, O wall of the daughter of Zion, let tears run down like a river day and night: give thyself no rest; let not the apple of thine eye cease.

        19 Arise, cry out in the night: in the beginning of the watches pour out thine heart like water before the face of the Lord: lift up thy hands toward him for the life of thy young children, that faint for hunger in the top of every street.

    15.   56 Thou hast heard my voice: hide not thine ear at my breathing, at my cry.

    16.   18 Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.

    17.   13 As for the wheels, it was cried unto them in my hearing, O wheel.

    18.   30 And shall cause their voice to be heard against thee, and shall cry bitterly, and shall cast up adust upon their heads, they shall wallow themselves in the ashes:

    19.   14 And they have not acried unto me with their heart, when they howled upon their beds: they assemble themselves for corn and wine, and they rebel against me.

    20.   2 And said, I cried by reason of mine aaffliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of bhell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

    21.   4 Then shall they acry unto the Lord, but he will not hear them: he will even hide his face from them at that time, as they have behaved themselves ill in their doings.

    22.   9 The Lord’s voice crieth unto the city, and the man of wisdom shall see thy name: hear ye the rod, and who hath appointed it.

    23.   2 O Lord, ahow long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! even cry out unto thee of bviolence, and thou wilt not save!

    24.   4 Be ye not as your afathers, unto whom the former prophets have cried, saying, Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Turn ye now from your evil ways, and from your evil doings: but they did bnot hear, nor chearken unto me, saith the Lord.

    25.   7 Should ye not hear the words which the Lord hath cried by the aformer prophets, when Jerusalem was inhabited and in prosperity, and the cities thereof round about her, when men inhabited the south and the plain?
            •  •  •

        13 Therefore it is come to pass, that as he cried, and they would not hear; so athey bcried, and I would not hear, saith the Lord of hosts:

    26.   19 He shall not strive, nor acry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.

    27.   30 ¶ And, behold, two ablind men sitting by the way side, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou Son of David.

    28.   47 And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me.

    29.   8 And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

    30.   14 Which when the aapostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out,

    31.   28 And when they heard these sayings, they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

    32.   6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

    33.   7 aWho in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up bprayers and supplications with cstrong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard din that he feared;

    34.   16 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, being exceedingly young, nevertheless being large in stature, and also having great desires to know of the amysteries of God, wherefore, I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did bvisit me, and did csoften my heart that I did dbelieve all the words which had been spoken by my efather; wherefore, I did not frebel against him like unto my brothers.
            •  •  •

        18 But, behold, Laman and Lemuel would not hearken unto my words; and being agrieved because of the hardness of their hearts I cried unto the Lord for them.

    35.   23 Behold, he hath heard my cry by day, and he hath given me aknowledge by bvisions in the night-time.
            •  •  •

        30 Rejoice, O my aheart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the brock of my salvation.

    36.   3 But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great aworth, and especially unto my people. For I bpray continually for them by day, and mine ceyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry.

    37.   22 Now, this thing was pleasing unto me, Jacob, for I had requested it of my Father who was in heaven; for he had heard my cry and answered my prayer.

    38.   2 And they had aviewed themselves in their own bcarnal state, even cless than the dust of the earth. And they all cried aloud with one voice, saying: O have mercy, and apply the datoning blood of Christ that we may receive forgiveness of our sins, and our hearts may be epurified; for we believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who fcreated heaven and earth, and all things; who shall come down among the children of men.

    39.   2 And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty achange in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do bevil, but to do good continually.

    40.   18 And God did ahear our cries and did answer our prayers; and we did go forth in his might; yea, we did go forth against the Lamanites, and in one day and a night we did slay three thousand and forty-three; we did slay them even until we had driven them out of our land.

    41.   24 Yea, and it shall come to pass that when they shall acry unto me I will be bslow to hear their cries; yea, and I will suffer them that they be smitten by their enemies.

        25 And except they repent in asackcloth and ashes, and cry mightily to the Lord their God, I will not bhear their prayers, neither will I deliver them out of their afflictions; and thus saith the Lord, and thus hath he commanded me.

    42.   12 And now it came to pass that Alma took Helam, he being one of the first, and went and stood forth in the water, and cried, saying: O Lord, pour out thy Spirit upon thy servant, that he may do this work with holiness of heart.

    43.   15 And now the Lord was slow to ahear their cry because of their iniquities; nevertheless the Lord did hear their bcries, and began to soften the hearts of the Lamanites that they began to ease their burdens; yet the Lord did not see fit to deliver them out of bondage.

    44.   10 Nevertheless, aafter much btribulation, the Lord did hear my cries, and did answer my prayers, and has made me an cinstrument in his hands in bringing dso many of you to a knowledge of his truth.
            •  •  •

        28 Therefore they hushed their fears, and began to cry unto the Lord that he would soften the hearts of the Lamanites, that they would spare them, and their wives, and their children.

    45.   28 Nevertheless, the Nephites being astrengthened by the hand of the Lord, having prayed mightily to him that he would deliver them out of the hands of their enemies, therefore the Lord did hear their cries, and did strengthen them, and the Lamanites and the Amlicites did fall before them.

    46.   26 And anot many days hence the Son of God shall come in his bglory; and his glory shall be the glory of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of cgrace, equity, and truth, full of patience, dmercy, and long-suffering, quick to ehear the cries of his people and to answer their prayers.

    47.   25 But Amulek stretched forth his hand, and cried the mightier unto them, saying: O ye wicked and perverse generation, why hath Satan got such great hold upon your hearts? Why will ye yield yourselves unto him that he may have power over you, to ablind your eyes, that ye will not understand the words which are spoken, according to their truth?

    48.   11 But Alma said unto him: The Spirit constraineth me that I must not stretch forth mine hand; for behold the Lord receiveth them up unto himself, in aglory; and he doth suffer that they may do this thing, or that the people may do this thing unto them, according to the hardness of their hearts, that the bjudgments which he shall exercise upon them in his wrath may be just; and the cblood of the dinnocent shall stand as a witness against them, yea, and cry mightily against them at the last day.

    49.   1 And it came to pass in the

    50.   5 Yea, the cry of awidows mourning for their husbands, and also of fathers mourning for their sons, and the daughter for the brother, yea, the brother for the father; and thus the cry of mourning was heard among all of them, mourning for their kindred who had been slain. 
      1.   1 O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the atrump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!
      2.   27 Behold, O God, they acry unto thee, and yet their hearts are swallowed up in their pride. Behold, O God, they cry unto thee with their mouths, while they are bpuffed up, even to greatness, with the vain things of the cworld.
          28 Behold, O my God, their costly apparel, and their ringlets, and their abracelets, and their ornaments of gold, and all their precious things which they are ornamented with; and behold, their hearts are set upon them, and yet they cry unto thee and say—We thank thee, O God, for we are a chosen people unto thee, while others shall perish.
      3.   5 Yea, O God, and thou wast merciful unto me when I did cry unto thee in my afield; when I did cry unto thee in my prayer, and thou didst hear me.
              •  •  •
          8 Yea, thou art merciful unto thy children when they cry unto thee, to be heard of thee and not of men, and thou awilt hear them.
          9 Yea, O God, thou hast been merciful unto me, and heard my cries in the midst of thy congregations.
          10 Yea, and thou hast also heard me when I have been acast out and have been despised by mine enemies; yea, thou didst hear my cries, and wast angry with mine enemies, and thou didst bvisit them in thine anger with speedy destruction.
          11 And thou didst hear me because of mine afflictions and my asincerity; and it is because of thy Son that thou hast been thus merciful unto me, therefore I will cry unto thee in all mine bafflictions, for in thee is my joy; for thou hast turned thy judgments away from me, cbecause of thy Son.
      4.   27 Yea, and when you do not cry unto the Lord, let your ahearts be bfull, drawn out in prayer unto him continually for your cwelfare, and also for the welfare of dthose who are around you.
      5.   18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, ahave mercy on me, who am bin the cgall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting dchains of edeath.
      6.   36 Yea, and acry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy bdoings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy cthoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
      7.   32 And it came to pass that our prisoners did hear their cries, which caused them to take courage; and they did rise up in rebellion against us.
      8.   4 And it came to pass that they would not suffer that he should enter into the city; therefore he went and got upon the awall thereof, and stretched forth his hand and cried with a loud voice, and bprophesied unto the people whatsoever things the Lord put into his heart.
      9.   12 Now behold, this Lachoneus, the governor, was a just man, and could not be frightened by the demands and the threatenings of a arobber; therefore he did not hearken to the epistle of Giddianhi, the governor of the robbers, but he did cause that his people should cry unto the Lord for bstrength against the time that the robbers should come down against them.
      10.   24 And in one place they were heard to cry, saying: O that we had repented abefore this great and terrible day, and then would our brethren have been spared, and they would not have been bburned in that great city Zarahemla.
          25 And in another place they were heard to cry and mourn, saying: O that we had repented before this great and terrible day, and had not killed and stoned the prophets, and cast them out; then would our mothers and our fair daughters, and our children have been spared, and not have been buried up in that great city aMoronihah. And thus were the howlings of the people great and terrible.
      11.   1 And it came to pass that there was a avoice heard among all the inhabitants of the earth, upon all the face of this land, crying:
      12.   9 Now, when the multitude had all eaten and drunk, behold, they were filled with the Spirit; and they did cry out with one voice, and gave glory to Jesus, whom they both saw and heard.
      13.   3 And I did cry unto this people, but it was ain vain; and they did bnot realize that it was the Lord that had spared them, and granted unto them a chance for repentance. And behold they did harden their hearts against the Lord their God.
      14.   15 Behold, my heart cries: Wo unto this people. Come out in judgment, O God, and hide their sins, and wickedness, and abominations from before thy face!
      15.   22 Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might aknow concerning the truth of these things.
      16.   66 Behold, that which you hear is as the avoice of one crying in the wilderness—in the wilderness, because you cannot see him—my voice, because my voice is bSpirit; my Spirit is truth; ctruth abideth and hath no end; and if it be in you it shall abound.
      17.   23 Let the amountains shout for joy, and all ye valleys cry aloud; and all ye seas and dry lands tell the wonders of your Eternal King! And ye rivers, and brooks, and rills, flow down with gladness. Let the woods and all the trees of the field praise the Lord; and ye solid brocks weep for joy! And let the sun, moon, and the cmorning stars sing together, and let all the sons of God shout for joy! And let the eternal creations declare his name forever and ever! And again I say, how glorious is the voice we hear from heaven, proclaiming in our ears, glory, and salvation, and honor, and dimmortality, and eternal life; kingdoms, principalities, and powers!
      18.   7 They were innocent of any crime, as they had often been proved before, and were only confined in jail by the conspiracy of traitors and wicked men; and their innocent blood on the floor of Carthage jail is a broad seal affixed to “Mormonism” that cannot be rejected by any court on earth, and their innocent blood on the escutcheon of the State of Illinois, with the broken faith of the State as pledged by the governor, is a witness to the truth of the everlasting gospel that all the world cannot impeach; and their innocent blood on the banner of liberty, and on the magna charta of the United States, is an ambassador for the religion of Jesus Christ, that will touch the hearts of honest men among all nations; and their innocent blood, with the innocent blood of all the martyrs under the aaltar that John saw, will cry unto the Lord of Hosts till he avenges that blood on the earth. Amen.
      19.   49 And when Enoch heard the earth mourn, he wept, and cried unto the Lord, saying: O Lord, wilt thou not have compassion upon the earth? Wilt thou not bless the children of Noah?

No comments:

Post a Comment