Thursday, October 11, 2012

"I and my people"


  1.   27 ¶ And Pharaoh sent, and called for Moses and Aaron, and said unto them, I have sinned this time: the Lord is righteous, and I and my people are wicked.
  2.   2 And Jephthah said unto them, I and my people were at great astrife with the children of Ammon; and when I called you, ye delivered me not out of their hands.
  3.   4 For we are asoldI and my people, to be destroyed, to be slain, and to perish. But if we had been sold for bondmen and bondwomen, I had held my tongue, balthough the enemy could not countervail the king’s damage.
  4.   7 And he also commanded that his people should depart out of the land, and I and my people went into the land that we might possess it.
          •  •  •
      16 And it came to pass that I did arm them with bows, and with arrows, with swords, and with cimeters, and with clubs, and with slings, and with all manner of weapons which we could invent, and I and my people did go forth against the Lamanites to battle.
      17 Yea, in the astrength of the Lord did we go forth to battle against the Lamanites; for I and my people did cry mightily to the Lord that he would bdeliver us out of the hands of our enemies, for we were awakened to a remembrance of the deliverance of our fathers.
  5.   27 Now when king Noah had heard of the words which Abinadi had spoken unto the people, he was also wroth; and he said: aWho is Abinadi, that I and my people should be judged of him, or bwho is the Lord, that shall bring upon my people such great affliction?

No comments:

Post a Comment