Monday, October 22, 2012

Bury the dead

  1.   4 I am aa stranger and a sojourner with you: give me a possession of a buryingplace with you, that I may bury my bdead out of my sight.
          •  •  •
      6 Hear us, my lord: thou art aa mighty prince among us: in the choice of our sepulchres bury thy dead; none of us shall withhold from thee his sepulchre, but that thou mayest bury thy dead.
          •  •  •
      8 And he communed with them, saying, If it be your mind that I should bury my dead out of my sight; hear me, and intreat for me to Ephron the son of Zohar,
          •  •  •
      11 Nay, my lord, hear me: the field give I thee, and the cave that is therein, I give it thee; in the presence of the sons of my people give I it thee: bury thy dead.
          •  •  •
      13 And he spake unto Ephron in the audience of the people of the land, saying, But if thou wilt give it, I pray thee, hear me: I will give thee money for the field; take it of me, and I will bury my dead there.
          •  •  •
      15 My lord, hearken unto me: the land is worth four hundred ashekels of silver; what is that betwixt me and thee? bury therefore thy dead.
  2.   3 ¶ Now Samuel was dead, and all Israel had lamented him, and buried him in Ramah, even in his own city. And Saul had aput away those that had bfamiliar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land.
  3.   31 And it came to pass, after he had buried him, that he spake to his sons, saying, When I am dead, then bury me in the sepulchre wherein the man of God is buried; lay my bones beside his bones:
  4.   30 And his servants carried him in a chariot dead from Megiddo, and brought him to Jerusalem, and buried him in his own sepulchre. And the people of the land took aJehoahaz the son of Josiah, and anointed him, and made him king in his father’s stead.
  5.   22 But Jesus said unto him, aFollow me; and let the bdead bury their dead.
  6.   60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
  7.   29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the apatriarch David, that he is both dead and bburied, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
  8.   10 Then fell she down astraightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.
  9.   4 Therefore we are aburied with him by bbaptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the cdead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should dwalk in enewness of life.
  10.   12 aBuried with him in bbaptism, wherein also ye are crisen with him through the faith of the doperation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
  11.   19 And I, myself, with mine own hands, did help to bury their dead. And behold, to our great sorrow and lamentation, two hundred and seventy-nine of our brethren were slain.
  12.   1 And it came to pass that the Nephites who were not aslain by the weapons of war, after having buried those who had been slain—now the number of the slain were not numbered, because of the greatness of their number—after they had finished burying their dead they all returned to their lands, and to their houses, and their wives, and their children.
  13.   8 And he said unto the queen: He is not dead, but he sleepeth in God, and on the morrow he shall rise again; therefore bury him not.
  14.   1 Behold, now it came to pass that after the apeople of Ammon were established in the land of Jershon, yea, and also after the Lamanites were bdriven out of the land, and their dead were buried by the people of the land—
      2 Now their dead were not numbered because of the greatness of their numbers; neither were the dead of the Nephites numbered—but it came to pass after they had buried their dead, and also after the days of afasting, and bmourning, and prayer, (and it was in the sixteenth year of the reign of the judges over the people of Nephi) there began to be continual peace throughout all the land.
  15.   22 And it came to pass that they did cast their dead into the waters of Sidon, and they have gone forth and are buried in the depths of the asea.
  16.   1 And it came to pass that they did set guards over the prisoners of the Lamanites, and did compel them to go forth and bury their dead, yea, and also the dead of the Nephites who were slain; and Moroni placed men over them to guard them while they should perform their labors.
  17.   28 And now it came to pass that after we had thus taken care of our wounded men, and had buried our dead and also the dead of the Lamanites, who were many, behold, we did inquire of Gid concerning the aprisoners whom they had started to go down to the land of Zarahemla with.
  18.   22 And so swift and speedy was the war that there was none left to bury the dead, but they did march forth from the shedding of ablood to the shedding of blood, leaving the bodies of both men, women, and children strewed upon the face of the land, to become a prey to the bworms of the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment