Sunday, March 8, 2015

To this

  1.   5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may aknow them.
  2.   14 And Abraham called the name of that place aJehovah-jireh: as it is said to this day, bIn the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.
  3.   33 And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.
  4.   7 And they said unto him, Wherefore saith my lord these words? God forbid that thy servants should do according to this thing:
  5.   23 For since I came to Pharaoh to speak in thy name, he hath done evil to this people; neither hast thou delivered thy people at all.
  6.   23 And Pharaoh turned and went into his house, aneither did he set his heart to this also.
  7.   3 And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the Lord in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the aflesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with bhunger.
  8.   31 Whether he have gored a son, or have gored a daughter, according to this judgment shall it be done unto him.
  9.   16 Because the Lord was not able to bring this people into the land which he sware unto them, therefore he hath slain them in the wilderness.
  10.   23 Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob, neither is there any divination against Israel: according to this time it shall be said of Jacob and of Israel, What hath God wrought!
  11.   5 On this side Jordan, in the land of Moab, began Moses to adeclare bthis law, saying,
  12.   4 Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the Lord thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my arighteousness the Lord hath bbrought me in to possess this land: but for the cwickedness of these nations the Lord doth drive them out from before thee.
  13.   18 But thou shalt remember that thou wast a abondman in Egypt, and the Lord thy God redeemed thee thence: therefore I command thee to do this thing.
          •  •  •
      22 And thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in the land of Egypt: therefore I command thee to do this thing.
  14.   19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and acursing: therefore bchoose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
  15.   20 And when the men of Ai looked behind them, they saw, and, behold, the smoke of the city ascended up to heaven, and they had no power to flee this way or that way: and the people that fled to the wilderness turned back upon the pursuers.
  16.   29 And would to God this people were under my hand! then would I remove Abimelech. And he said to Abimelech, Increase thine army, and come out.
  17.   13 And Saul said, There shall not a man be put to death this day: for to day the Lord hath wrought salvation in Israel.
  18.   16 Then Samuel said unto Saul, Stay, and I will tell thee what the Lord hath said to me this night. And he said unto him, Say on.
  19.   15 And David said to him, Canst thou bring me down to this company? And he said, Swear unto me by God, that thou wilt neither kill me, nor deliver me into the hands of my amaster, and I will bring thee down to this company.
  20.   8 And David was displeased, because the Lord had made a breach upon Uzzah: and he called the name of the place aPerez-uzzah to this day.
  21.   6 Whereas I have not dwelt in any house since the time that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, even to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle.
          •  •  •
      17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.
          •  •  •
      27 For thou, O Lord of hosts, God of Israel, hast revealed to thy servant, saying, I will build thee an house: therefore hath thy servant found in his heart to pray this prayer unto thee.
  22.   22 And David said, What have I to do with you, ye sons of Zeruiah, that ye should this day be adversaries unto me? shall there any man be put to death this day in Israel? for do not I know that I am this day king over Israel?
  23.   24 Now therefore, as the Lord liveth, which hath established me, and set me on the throne of David my father, and who hath made me an house, as he promised, Adonijah shall be put to adeath this day.
  24.   9 Give therefore thy servant an aunderstanding bheart to judge thy people, that I may cdiscern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?
  25.   8 And at this house, which is high, every one that passeth by it shall be astonished, and shall hiss; and they shall say, Why hath the Lord adone thus unto this land, and to this house?
  26.   6 Then he wrote a letter the second time to them, saying, If ye be mine, and if ye will hearken unto my voice, take ye the heads of the men your master’s sons, and come to me to Jezreel by to morrow this time. Now the king’s sons, being seventy persons, were with the great men of the city, which brought them up.
  27.   11 And David was displeased, because the Lord had made a abreach upon Uzza: wherefore that place is called Perez-uzza to this day.
  28.   15 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.
  29.   6 ¶ And king Rehoboam took counsel with the old men that had stood before Solomon his father while he yet lived, saying, What counsel give ye me to return answer to this people?
      7 And they spake unto him, saying, If thou be kind to this people, and please them, and speak good words to them, they will be thy servants for ever.
          •  •  •
      9 And he said unto them, What advice give ye that we may return answer to this people, which have spoken to me, saying, Ease somewhat the yoke that thy father did put upon us?
  30.   25 ¶ And Jeremiah alamented for Josiah: and all the singing men and the singing women spake of Josiah in their lamentations to this day, and made them an ordinance in Israel: and, behold, they are written in the lamentations.
  31.   22 Take heed now that ye fail not to do this: why should damage grow to the hurt of the kings?
  32.   3 ¶ At the same time came to them Tatnai, governor aon this side the river, and Shethar-boznai, and their companions, and said thus unto them, Who hath commanded you to build this house, and to make up this wall?
          •  •  •
      9 Then asked we those elders, and said unto them thus, Who commanded you to build this house, and to make up these walls?
          •  •  •
      13 But in the first year of Cyrus the king of Babylon the same king aCyrus made a decree to build this house of God.
          •  •  •
      17 Now therefore, if it seem good to the king, let there be search made in the king’s treasure house, which is there at Babylon, whether it be so, that a decree was made of Cyrus the king to build this house of God at Jerusalem, and let the king send his pleasure to us concerning this matter.
  33.   12 And the God that hath caused his name to dwell there destroy all kings and people, that shall put to their hand to alter and to destroy this house of God which is at Jerusalem. I Darius have made a decree; let it be done with speed.
  34.   5 Then arose Ezra, and made the chief priests, the Levites, and all Israel, to swear that they should do according to this word. And they sware.
  35.   12 Then said they, We will restore them, and will require nothing of them; so will we do as thou sayest. Then I called the priests, and took an oath of them, that they should do according to this promise.
      13 Also I shook my lap, and said, So God shake out every man from his house, and from his labour, that performeth not this promise, even thus be he shaken out, and emptied. And all the congregation said, Amen, and praised the Lord. And the people did according to this promise.
  36.   21 To stablish this among them, that they should keep the fourteenth day of the month Adar, and the fifteenth day of the same, yearly,
          •  •  •
      29 Then Esther the queen, the adaughter of Abihail, and Mordecai the Jew, wrote with all authority, to confirm this second bletter of Purim.
  37.   16 When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;
  38.   54 And he brought them ato the border of his sanctuary, even to this mountain, which his right hand had purchased.
  39.   19 That thy trust may be in the Lord, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee.
  40.   12 Say ye not, A aconfederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid.
          •  •  •
      20 To the alaw and to the testimony: if bthey speak not according to this word, it is because there is no clight in them.
  41.   11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
  42.   23 Who among you will give ear to this? who will hearken and hear for the time to come?
  43.   2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a acontrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
  44.   11 At that time shall it be said to this people and to Jerusalem, A dry awind of the high places in the wilderness toward the daughter of my people, not to fan, nor to cleanse,
  45.   6 For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will abring them again to this bland: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will cplant them, and not pluck them up.
  46.   16 Also I spake to the priests and to all this people, saying, Thus saith the Lord; Hearken not to the words of your prophets that prophesy unto you, saying, Behold, the avessels of the Lord’s house shall now shortly be brought again from Babylon: for they prophesy a lie unto you.
          •  •  •
      22 They shall be carried to Babylon, and there shall they be until the day that I visit them, saith the Lord; then will I abring them up, and restore them to this place.
  47.   4 And I will bring again to this place Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, with all the captives of Judah, that went into Babylon, saith the Lord: for I will break the yoke of the king of Babylon.
  48.   10 ¶ For thus saith the Lord, That after aseventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and bperform my good word toward you, in causing you to creturn to this place.
  49.   22 Behold, I will command, saith the Lord, and cause them to return to this city; and they shall fight against it, and take it, and burn it with fire: and I will make the cities of Judah a desolation without an inhabitant.
  50.   3 As I live, saith the Lord God, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel.
     
  51.   14 And afire is gone out of a brod of her branches, which hath devoured her fruit, so that she hath no strong rod to be a sceptre to rule. This is a lamentation, and shall be for a lamentation.
  52.   4 And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be ainhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein:
  53.   9 For I am a man under aauthority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
  54.   28 And when he was come into the house, the ablind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, bBelieve ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.
  55.   21 For then shall be great atribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
  56.   5 And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, aPeace be to this house.
  57.   29 ¶ And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a asign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.
      30 For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.
  58.   1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought aalways to bpray, and not to cfaint;
  59.   9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.
  60.   15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
  61.   5 And they were the more fierce, saying, He stirreth up the people, teaching throughout all Jewry, beginning from Galilee to this place.
  62.   37 aPilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a bking then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a cking. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the dtruth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
  63.   28 Saying, Did not we straitly acommand you that ye should not teach in this bname? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man’s cblood upon us.
  64.   29 Then the aSpirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
  65.   15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
  66.   26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the ablood of all men.
  67.   18 So he took him, and brought him to the chief captain, and said, Paul the prisoner called me unto him, and prayed me to bring this young man unto thee, who hath something to say unto thee.
  68.   2 And be not conformed to this aworld: but be ye btransformed by the crenewing of your dmind, that ye may eprove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, fwill of God.
  69.   9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be aLord both of the bdead and living.
  70.   28 When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this afruit, I will come by you into Spain.
  71.   3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
      4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
  72.   9 For to this end also did I awrite, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be bobedient in all things.
  73.   16 And as many as walk according to this rule, apeace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
  74.   7 Even as it is ameet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and bconfirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my cgrace.
  75.   19 But I beseech you the rather to do this, that I may be restored to you the sooner.
  76.   4 For there are certain amen crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, bungodly men, turning the grace of our God into clasciviousness, and ddenying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
  77.   34 And I also spake unto him, saying: Surely the Lord hath acommanded us to do this thing; and shall we not be diligent in keeping the commandments of the Lord? Therefore, if thou wilt go down into the wilderness to my father thou shalt have place with us.
  78.   12 Say ye not, A confederacy, to all to whom this people shall say, A aconfederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid.
          •  •  •
      20 To the alaw and to the testimony; and if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
  79.   21 And it came to pass that the servant said unto his master: How comest thou hither to plant this tree, or this branch of the tree? For behold, it was the poorest spot in all the land of thy vineyard.
  80.   4 And the things which are upon these plates apleasing me, because of the prophecies of the coming of Christ; and my fathers knowing that many of them have been fulfilled; yea, and I also know that as many things as have been bprophesied concerning us down to this day have been fulfilled, and as many as go beyond this day must surely come to pass—
  81.   4 For it were not possible that our father, Lehi, could have remembered all these things, to have taught them to his children, except it were for the help of these plates; for he having been taught in the alanguage of the Egyptians therefore he could read these engravings, and teach them to his children, that thereby they could teach them to their children, and so fulfilling the commandments of God, even down to this present time.
  82.   12 I say unto you that as I have been suffered to aspend my days in your service, even up to this time, and have not sought bgold nor silver nor any manner of riches of you;
  83.   4 And it is the faith which we have had on the things which our king has spoken unto us that has brought us to this great knowledge, whereby we do rejoice with such exceedingly great joy.
  84.   9 And he said unto them: Behold, I am aLimhi, the son of Noah, who was the son of Zeniff, who came up out of the bland of Zarahemla to inherit this land, which was the land of their fathers, who was made a cking by the dvoice of the people.
  85.   8 And they were lost in the wilderness for the space of amany days, yet they were diligent, and found not the land of Zarahemla but returned to this land, having traveled in a land among many waters, having discovered a land which was covered with bbones of men, and of beasts, and was also covered with ruins of buildings of every kind, having discovered a land which had been peopled with a people who were as numerous as the hosts of Israel.
  86.   25 And now Abinadi said unto them: Are you apriests, and pretend to teach this people, and to understand the spirit of prophesying, and yet desire to know of me what these things mean?
  87.   11 Therefore I will be your king the remainder of my days; nevertheless, let aus appoint bjudges, to judge this people according to our law; and we will newly arrange the affairs of this people, for we will appoint wise men to be judges, that will judge this people according to the commandments of God.
  88.   6 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, you that belong to this church, have you sufficiently retained in aremembrance the captivity of your fathers? Yea, and have you sufficiently retained in remembrance his mercy and long-suffering towards them? And moreover, have ye sufficiently retained in remembrance that he has bdelivered their souls from hell?
  89.   8 Behold, I do not say that he will come among us at the atime of his dwelling in his mortal tabernacle; for behold, the Spirit hath not said unto me that this should be the case. Now as to this thing I do not know; but this much I do know, that the Lord God hath power to do all things which are according to his word.
  90.   4 And thou seest that we know that thy plan was a very asubtle plan, as to the subtlety of the devil, for to lie and to deceive this people that thou mightest set them against us, to brevile us and to cast us out—
          •  •  •
      6 And behold I say unto you all that this was a asnare of the adversary, which he has laid to catch this people, that he might bring you into subjection unto him, that he might encircle you about with his bchains, that he might chain you down to everlasting destruction, according to the power of his captivity.
  91.   4 And thus they have been acalled to this holy calling on account of their faith, while others would reject the Spirit of God on account of the hardness of their hearts and bblindness of their minds, while, if it had not been for this they might have had as great cprivilege as their brethren.
  92.   27 Therefore, as Ammon and the servants of the king were driving forth their flocks to this place of water, behold, a certain number of the Lamanites, who had been with their flocks to water, stood and ascattered the flocks of Ammon and the servants of the king, and they scattered them insomuch that they fled many ways.
  93.   43 And now, my son, I would that ye should understand that these things are not without a ashadow; for as our fathers were slothful to give heed to this compass (now these things were temporal) they did not prosper; even so it is with things which are spiritual.
      44 For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the aword of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land.
  94.   25 And except ye grant mine epistle, and come out and show unto me a true aspirit of freedom, and strive to strengthen and fortify our armies, and grant unto them food for their support, behold I will leave a part of my freemen to maintain this part of our land, and I will leave the strength and the blessings of God upon them, that none other power can operate against them—
  95.   18 And we will atake possession of the city of Zarahemla, that we may obtain more food to send forth unto Lehi and Teancum; yea, we will go forth against them in the strength of the Lord, and we will put an end to this great iniquity.
  96.   8 And it came to pass as he was about to do this, behold, he was taken, and was tried according to the avoice of the people, and condemned unto death; for he had raised up in rebellion and sought to destroy the bliberty of the people.
  97.   10 And it came to pass that Helaman did send forth to take this band of robbers and asecret murderers, that they might be executed according to the law.
  98.   29 Yea, it is that same being who put it into the heart of aGadianton to still carry on the work of darkness, and of secret murder; and he has brought it forth from the beginning of man even down to this time.
  99.   22 Our father Lehi was driven out of Jerusalem because he atestified of these things. Nephi also testified of these things, and also almost all of our fathers, even down to this time; yea, they have testified of the bcoming of Christ, and have looked forward, and have rejoiced in his day which is to come.
  100.   28 And it came to pass that it was expedient that there should be a stop put to this work of destruction; therefore they sent an army of strong men into the wilderness and upon the mountains to search out this band of robbers, and to destroy them.
     
  101.   8 Therefore, as many as have come to this, ye know of yourselves are afirm and steadfast in the faith, and in the thing wherewith they have been made free.
  102.   41 And now, I would commend you to aseek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth brecord of them, may be and abide in you forever. Amen.
  103.   14 And to anone else will I grant this power, to receive this same testimony among this generation, in this the beginning of the rising up and the coming forth of my bchurch out of the wilderness—clear as the cmoon, and fair as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners.
  104.   28 And now, behold, I give unto you, and also unto my servant Joseph, the akeys of this gift, which shall bring to light this ministry; and in the mouth of two or three bwitnesses shall every word be established.
  105.   13 For he hath put into their hearts to do this, that by lying they may say they have acaught you in the words which you have pretended to translate.
  106.   6 Nevertheless, it is anot written that there shall be no end to this torment, but it is written bendless ctorment.
  107.   19 For thou art called to aprune my vineyard with a mighty pruning, yea, even for the last time; yea, and also all those whom thou hast bordained, and they shall do even according to this pattern. Amen.
  108.   78 And again, every person who belongeth to this church of Christ, shall observe to keep all the commandments and covenants of the church.
  109.   1 Hearken unto me, saith the Lord your God, and I will speak unto my servant aEdward Partridge, and give unto him directions; for it must needs be that he receive directions how to organize this people.
          •  •  •
      7 And let that which belongs to this people be appointed unto this people.
          •  •  •
      10 And let that which belongeth to this people not be taken and given unto that of aanother church.
  110.   18 And again, he that is overcome and abringeth not forth fruits, even according to this pattern, is not of me.
  111.   5 And again, verily I say unto you, for this cause you shall take your journey with my servants Joseph Smith, Jun., and Sidney Rigdon, that you may be aplanted in the land of your inheritance to do this work.
  112.   15 And now concerning the gathering—Let the bishop and the agent make preparations for those families which have been commanded to come to this land, as soon as possible, and plant them in their inheritance.
  113.   25 Wherefore, let them bring their families to this land, as they shall acounsel between themselves and me.
          •  •  •
      52 For, behold, verily I say unto you, the Lord willeth that the disciples and the children of men should open their hearts, even to purchase this whole region of country, as soon as time will permit.
          •  •  •
      61 Let the residue of the elders of this church, who are coming to this land, some of whom are exceedingly blessed even above measure, also hold a aconference upon this land.
  114.   18 No man has a legal right to this office, to hold the keys of this priesthood, except he be a aliteral descendant and the firstborn of Aaron.
  115.   86 Therefore, let no man among you, for this commandment is unto all the afaithful who are called of God in the church unto the ministry, from this hour take purse or scrip, that goeth forth to proclaim this gospel of the kingdom.
  116.   137 And ye are called to do this by prayer and thanksgiving, as the Spirit shall give utterance in all your doings in the house of the Lord, in the school of the prophets, that it may become a sanctuary, a tabernacle of the Holy Spirit to your aedification.
  117.   4 Therefore, take heed that ye see to this matter, and that portion that is necessary to benefit mine aorder, for the purpose of bringing forth my word to the children of men.
  118.   53 Therefore, you are dissolved as a united order with your brethren, that you are not bound only up to this hour unto them, only on this wise, as I said, by aloan as shall be agreed by this order in council, as your circumstances will admit and the voice of the council direct.
  119.   3 And devote his whole time to this high and holy calling, which I now give unto him, aseeking diligently the kingdom of heaven and its righteousness, and all things necessary shall be added thereunto; for the blaborer is worthy of his hire.
  120.   5 All other authorities or offices in the church are aappendages to this priesthood.
          •  •  •
      16 No man has a legal right to this office, to hold the keys of this priesthood, except he be a aliteral descendant of bAaron.
  121.   49 O Lord, ahow long wilt thou suffer this people to bear this affliction, and the bcries of their innocent ones to ascend up in thine ears, and their cblood come up in testimony before thee, and not make a display of thy testimony in their behalf?
  122.   12 And again, verily I say unto you, let my servant Robert B. Thompson help you to write this proclamation, for I am well pleased with him, and that he should be with you;
          •  •  •
      42 And aI will show unto my servant Joseph all things pertaining to this house, and the priesthood thereof, and the place whereon it shall be built.
  123.   2 And as for the aperils which I am called to pass through, they seem but a small thing to me, as the benvy and wrath of man have been my common lot all the days of my life; and for what cause it seems mysterious, unless I was cordained from before the foundation of the world for some good end, or bad, as you may choose to call it. Judge ye for yourselves. God dknoweth all these things, whether it be good or bad. But nevertheless, deep water is what I am wont to swim in. It all has become a second nature to me; and I feel, like Paul, to glory in etribulation; for to this day has the God of my fathers delivered me out of them all, and will deliver me from henceforth; for behold, and lo, I shall triumph over all my enemies, for the Lord God hath spoken it.
  124.   2 I wrote a few words of revelation to you concerning a recorder. I have had a few additional views in relation to this matter, which I now certify. That is, it was declared in my former letter that there should be a arecorder, who should be eye-witness, and also to hear with his ears, that he might make a record of a truth before the Lord.
      3 Now, in relation to this matter, it would be very difficult for one recorder to be present at all times, and to do all the business. To obviate this difficulty, there can be a recorder appointed in each ward of the city, who is well qualified for taking accurate minutes; and let him be very particular and precise in taking the whole proceedings, certifying in his record that he saw with his eyes, and heard with his ears, giving the date, and names, and so forth, and the history of the whole transaction; naming also some three individuals that are present, if there be any present, who can at any time when called upon certify to the same, that in the mouth of two or three awitnesses every word may be established.
          •  •  •
      18 I might have rendered a aplainer translation to this, but it is sufficiently plain to suit my purpose as it stands. It is sufficient to know, in this case, that the earth will be smitten with a bcurse unless there is a welding clink of some kind or other between the fathers and the dchildren, upon some subject or other—and behold what is that subject? It is the ebaptism for the dead. For we without them cannot be made perfect; neither can they without us be made perfect. Neither can they nor we be made perfect without those who have died in the gospel also; for it is necessary in the ushering in of the dispensation of the ffulness of times, which dispensation is now beginning to usher in, that a whole and complete and perfect union, and welding together of dispensations, and keys, and powers, and glories should take place, and be revealed from the days of Adam even to the present time. And not only this, but those things which never have been revealed from the gfoundation of the world, but have been kept hid from the wise and prudent, shall be revealed unto hbabes and sucklings in this, the dispensation of the fulness of times.
  125.   5 I answer, Yes. But there are no aangels who bminister to this earth but those who do belong or have belonged to it.
  126.   7 And verily I say unto you, that the aconditions of this law are these: All covenants, contracts, bonds, obligations, boaths, cvows, performances, connections, associations, or expectations, that are not made and entered into and dsealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, of him who is eanointed, both as well for time and for all eternity, and that too most holy, by frevelation and commandment through the medium of mine anointed, whom I have appointed on the earth to hold this gpower (and I have appointed unto my servant Joseph to hold this hpower in the last days, and there is never but one on the earth at a time on whom this power and the ikeys of this priesthood are conferred), are of no efficacy, virtue, or force in and after the resurrection from the dead; for all contracts that are not made unto this end have an end when men are dead.
          •  •  •
      21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye abide my alaw ye cannot attain to this glory.
          •  •  •
      66 And now, as pertaining to this law, verily, verily, I say unto you, I will reveal more unto you, hereafter; therefore, let this suffice for the present. Behold, I am Alpha and Omega. Amen.
  127.   10 Let every man use all his influence and property to remove this people to the place where the Lord shall locate a astake of Zion.
  128.   10 And the Lord said unto me: Go to this people, and say unto them—aRepent, lest I come out and smite them with a curse, and they die.
  129.   1 Owing to the many reports which have been put in circulation by evil-disposed and designing persons, in relation to the rise and progress of the Church of Jesus Christ of aLatter-day Saints, all of which have been designed by the authors thereof to militate against its character as a Church and its progress in the world—I have been induced to write this history, to disabuse the public mind, and put all inquirers after truth in possession of the bfacts, as they have transpired, in relation both to myself and the Church, so far as I have such facts in my possession.
      2 In this history I shall present the various events in relation to this Church, in truth and righteousness, as they have transpired, or as they at present exist, being now [1838] the aeighth byear since the organization of the said Church.
  130.  
  131.  

No comments:

Post a Comment