Sunday, March 8, 2015

Now as

  1.   22 ¶ Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may aknow him.
  2.   24 Now therefore, as the Lord liveth, which hath established me, and set me on the throne of David my father, and who hath made me an house, as he promised, Adonijah shall be put to adeath this day.
  3.   2 Now as soon as this letter cometh to you, seeing your master’s sons are with you, and there are with you chariots and horses, a fenced city also, and armour;
  4.   15 ¶ Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one awheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.
  5.   18 Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he atouched me, and set me upright.
  6.   16 Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
  7.   18 Now as soon as it was day, there was no small stir among the soldiers, what was become of Peter.
  8.   1 Now aas touching things offered unto bidols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but ccharity dedifieth.
  9.   8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also aresist the truth: men of bcorrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
  10.   16 Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a abrother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?
  11.   2 And now, as I have spoken concerning these plates, behold they are not the plates upon which I make a full account of the history of my people; for the aplates upon which I make a full account of my people I have given the name of Nephi; wherefore, they are called the plates of Nephi, after mine own name; and these plates also are called the plates of Nephi.
  12.   6 Now, as soon as Ammon had read the record, the king inquired of him to know if he could ainterpret languages, and Ammon told him that he could not.
  13.   8 And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are adesirous to come into the bfold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;
  14.   13 And now as ye have been delivered by the power of God out of these bonds; yea, even out of the ahands of king Noah and his people, and also from the bbonds of iniquity, even so I desire that ye should cstand fast in this dliberty wherewith ye have been made free, and that ye trust eno man to be a king over you.
  15.   20 And now, as I said unto you, that after king Mosiah had done these things, he took the plates of abrass, and all the things which he had kept, and bconferred them upon Alma, who was the son of Alma; yea, all the records, and also the cinterpreters, and conferred them upon him, and commanded him that he should keep and dpreserve them, and also keep a record of the people, handing them down from one generation to another, even as they had been handed down from the time that Lehi left Jerusalem.
  16.   3 And now as many of the Lamanites and the Amlicites who had been slain upon the bank of the river Sidon were cast into the awaters of Sidon; and behold their bones are in the depths of the bsea, and they are many.
  17.   8 Behold, I do not say that he will come among us at the atime of his dwelling in his mortal tabernacle; for behold, the Spirit hath not said unto me that this should be the case. Now as to this thing I do not know; but this much I do know, that the Lord God hath power to do all things which are according to his word.
  18.   10 Now, as I said concerning the holy order, or this ahigh priesthood, there were many who were ordained and became high priests of God; and it was on account of their exceeding bfaith and crepentance, and their righteousness before God, they choosing to repent and work righteousness rather than to perish;
  19.   18 Now as I said, Alma having seen all these things, therefore he took Amulek and came over to the land of Zarahemla, and took him to his aown house, and did administer unto him in his tribulations, and bstrengthened him in the Lord.
  20.   1 Now, as Ammon was thus teaching the people of Lamoni continually, we will return to the account of Aaron and his brethren; for after he departed from the land of Middoni he was aled by the Spirit to the land of Nephi, even to the house of the king which was bover all the land csave it were the land of Ishmael; and he was the father of Lamoni.
  21.   5 And now, as the apreaching of the bword had a great tendency to clead the people to do that which was just—yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them—therefore Alma thought it was expedient that they should try the virtue of the word of God.
  22.   4 Now, as Alma was teaching and speaking unto the people upon the hill aOnidah, there came a great bmultitude unto him, who were those of whom we have been speaking, of whom were cpoor in heart, because of their poverty as to the things of the world.
          •  •  •
      14 And now, as I said unto you, that because ye were compelled to be ahumble ye were blessed, do ye not suppose that they are more blessed who truly humble themselves because of the word?
          •  •  •
      21 And now as I said concerning faith—afaith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye bhope for things which are cnot seen, which are true.
          •  •  •
      26 Now, as I said concerning faith—that it was not a perfect knowledge—even so it is with my words. Ye cannot know of their surety at first, unto perfection, any more than faith is a perfect knowledge.
  23.   33 And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many awitnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not bprocrastinate the day of your crepentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the dnight of edarkness wherein there can be no labor performed.
  24.   18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, ahave mercy on me, who am bin the cgall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting dchains of edeath.
  25.   10 And now, as ye have begun to teach the word even so I would that ye should continue to teach; and I would that ye would be diligent and atemperate in all things.
  26.   6 And now, as the aAmalekites were of a more wicked and murderous disposition than the Lamanites were, in and of themselves, therefore, Zerahemnah appointed chief bcaptains over the Lamanites, and they were all Amalekites and cZoramites.
          •  •  •
      29 And now, as Moroni knew the aintention of the Lamanites, that it was their intention to destroy their brethren, or to bsubject them and bring them into bondage that they might establish a kingdom unto themselves over all the land;
  27.   11 Now I cannot recall the words which I have spoken, therefore as the Lord liveth, ye shall not depart except ye depart with an oath that ye will not return again against us to war. Now as ye are in our hands we will spill your blood upon the ground, or ye shall submit to the conditions which I have proposed.
  28.   19 And now behold, as they never had hitherto been a disadvantage to the Nephites, they became now at this period of time also a great support; for they took their weapons of war, and they would that Helaman should be their leader.
  29.   9 And now as Moroni had supposed that there ashould be men sent to the city of Nephihah, to the assistance of the people to maintain that city, and knowing that it was easier to keep the city from falling into the hands of the Lamanites than to retake it from them, he supposed that they would easily maintain that city.
  30.   15 Now, as for the murder of this man, we know not who has done it; and only this much we know, we ran and came aaccording as ye desired, and behold he was dead, according to the words of Nephi.
  31.   36 And now behold, as I spake concerning those whom the Lord hath chosen, yea, even three who were caught up into the heavens, that I knew not whether they were acleansed from bmortality to immortality—
  32.   17 And now, as I, Moroni, said I could anot make a full account of these things which are written, therefore it sufficeth me to say that Jesus showed himself unto this man in the spirit, even after the manner and in the likeness of the same body even as he bshowed himself unto the Nephites.
  33.   6 Now, as you have asked, behold, I say unto you, keep my commandments, and aseek to bring forth and establish the cause of bZion;
  34.   6 Now, as you have asked, behold, I say unto you, keep my commandments, and seek to bring forth and establish the cause of aZion.
  35.   6 Now, as you have asked, behold, I say unto you, keep my commandments, and seek to bring forth and establish the cause of aZion.
  36.   24 And now, as I spake concerning my servant Edward Partridge, this land is the land of his aresidence, and those whom he has appointed for his counselors; and also the land of the residence of him whom I have appointed to keep my bstorehouse;
  37.   58 Now, as touching the law of the apriesthood, there are many things pertaining thereunto.
          •  •  •
      66 And now, as pertaining to this law, verily, verily, I say unto you, I will reveal more unto you, hereafter; therefore, let this suffice for the present. Behold, I am Alpha and Omega. Amen.
  38.   65 “He then said to me, ‘Let me see that certificate.’ I accordingly took it out of my pocket and gave it to him, when he took it and tore it to pieces, saying that there was no such thing now as ministering of aangels, and that if I would bring the plates to him he would translate them. I informed him that part of the plates were bsealed, and that I was forbidden to bring them. He replied, ‘I cannot read a sealed book.’ I left him and went to Dr. Mitchell, who sanctioned what Professor Anthon had said respecting both the characters and the translation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment