Saturday, March 28, 2015

Do this

  1.   14 And the Lord God said unto the aserpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art bcursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
  2.   25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the aJudge of all the earth do right?
  3.   5 Said he not unto me, She is my asister? and she, even she herself said, He is my bbrother: in the cintegrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.
      6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.
          •  •  •
      10 And Abimelech said unto Abraham, What sawest thou, that thou hast done this thing?
  4.   26 And Abimelech said, I wot not who hath done this thing: neither didst thou tell me, neither yet heard I of it, but to day.
  5.   16 And said, By myself have I asworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
  6.   31 And he said, What shall I give thee? And Jacob said, Thou shalt not give me any thing: if thou wilt do this thing for me, I will again feed and keep thy flock.
  7.   43 ¶ And Laban answered and said unto Jacob, These daughters are my daughters, and these children are my children, and these cattle are my cattle, and all that thou seest is mine: and what can I do this day unto these my daughters, or unto their children which they have born?
  8.   14 aAnd they said unto them, We cannot do this thing, to give our sister to one that is buncircumcised; for that were a reproach unto us:
  9.   9 There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great awickedness, and bsin against God?
  10.   34 Let Pharaoh do this, and let him appoint officers over the land, and take up the fifth part of the land of Egypt in the seven plenteous years.
  11.   11 And their father Israel said unto them, If it must be so now, do this; take of the best fruits of the land in your vessels, and carry down the man a present, a little balm, and a little honey, spices, and myrrh, nuts, and almonds:
  12.   18 And the king of Egypt called for the midwives, and said unto them, Why have ye done this thing, and have saved the men children alive?
  13.   5 And the Lord appointed a set time, saying, To morrow the Lord shall do this thing in the land.
  14.   5 ¶ And it was told the king of Egypt that the people fled: and the heart of Pharaoh and of his servants was turned against the people, and they said, Why have we done this, that we have let Israel go from serving us?
  15.   4 And Moses cried unto the Lord, saying, What shall I do unto this people? they be almost ready to stone me.
  16.   23 If thou shalt do this thing, and God command thee so, then thou shalt be able to endure, and all this people shall also go to their place in peace.
  17.   21 And Moses said unto Aaron, What did this people unto thee, that thou hast brought so great a sin upon them?
  18.   17 And the Lord said unto Moses, aI will bdo this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
  19.   20 And he shall do with the bullock as he did with the bullock for a sin offering, so shall he do with this: and the priest shall make an aatonement for them, and it shall be bforgiven them.
  20.   34 As he hath done this day, so the Lord hath commanded to do, to make an atonement for you.
  21.   16 I also will ado this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, bconsumption, and cthe burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
  22.   23 And he took up his parable, and said, Alas, who shall live when God doeth this!
  23.   20 ¶ And Moses said unto them, If ye will ado this thing, if ye will go armed before the Lord to war,
  24.   8 Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is aright in his own eyes.
  25.   18 But thou shalt remember that thou wast a abondman in Egypt, and the Lord thy God redeemed thee thence: therefore I command thee to do this thing.
          •  •  •
      22 And thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in the land of Egypt: therefore I command thee to do this thing.
  26.   27 Were it not that I feared the wrath of the enemy, lest their adversaries should behave themselves strangely, and lest they should say, Our hand is ahigh, and the Lord hath not done all this.
  27.   24 And they answered Joshua, and said, Because it was certainly told thy servants, how that the Lord thy God commanded his servant Moses to give you all the land, and to adestroy all the inhabitants of the land from before you, therefore we were sore afraid of our lives because of you, and have done this thing.
  28.   8 But acleave unto the Lord your God, as ye have done unto this day.
  29.   2 And ye shall make no aleague with the inhabitants of this land; ye shall throw down their altars: but ye have not bobeyed my voice: why have ye done this?
  30.   29 And they said one to another, Who hath done this thing? And when they enquired and asked, they said, Gideon the son of Joash hath done this thing.
  31.   9 And he spake also unto the men of Penuel, saying, When I come again in peace, I will break down this tower.
  32.   6 ¶ Then the Philistines said, Who hath done this? And they answered, Samson, the son in law of the Timnite, because he had taken his wife, and given her to his companion. And the Philistines came up, and aburnt her and bher father with fire.
      7 ¶ And Samson said unto them, aThough ye have done this, yet will I be avenged of you, and after that I will cease.
  33.   23 And the man, the master of the house, went out unto them, and said unto them, Nay, my brethren, nay, I pray you, do not so wickedly; seeing that this man is come into mine house, do not this folly.
  34.   9 And see, if it goeth up by the way of his own coast to Beth-shemesh, then he hath done us this great evil: but if not, then we shall know that it is not his hand that smote us; it was a chance that happened to us.
  35.   20 ¶ And Samuel said unto the people, Fear not: ye have done all this wickedness: yet aturn not aside from following the Lord, but serve the Lord with all your heart;
  36.   6 And he said unto his men, The Lord forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the Lord’s anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the aanointed of the Lord.
  37.   18 Because thou aobeyedst not the voice of the Lord, nor executedst his fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore hath the Lord done this thing unto thee this day.
  38.   15 And David said to him, Canst thou bring me down to this company? And he said, Swear unto me by God, that thou wilt neither kill me, nor deliver me into the hands of my amaster, and I will bring thee down to this company.
  39.   6 And now the Lord shew kindness and truth unto you: and I also will arequite you this kindness, because ye have done this thing.
  40.   11 And Uriah said unto David, The ark, and Israel, and Judah, abide in atents; and my lord Joab, and the servants of my lord, are encamped in the open fields; shall I then go into mine house, to eat and to drink, and to lie with my wife? as thou livest, and as thy soul liveth, I will not do this thing.
  41.   5 And David’s anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the Lord liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die:
      6 And he shall restore the lamb afourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.
          •  •  •
      12 For thou didst it secretly: but I will ado this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.
  42.   13 And the woman said, Wherefore then hast thou thought such a thing against the people of God? for the king doth speak this thing as one which is faulty, in that the king doth not fetch home again his banished.
          •  •  •
      20 To fetch about this form of speech hath thy servant Joab done this thing: and my lord is wise, according to the wisdom of an angel of God, to know all things that are in the earth.
      21 ¶ And the king said unto Joab, Behold now, I have done this thing: go therefore, bring the young man Absalom again.
  43.   17 And he said, Be it far from me, O Lord, that I should do this: is not this the blood of the men that went in jeopardy of their lives? therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mighty men.
  44.   25 For he is gone down this day, and hath slain oxen and fat cattle and sheep in abundance, and hath called all the king’s sons, and the captains of the host, and Abiathar the priest; and, behold, they eat and drink before him, and say, aGod save king Adonijah.
          •  •  •
      30 Even as I sware unto thee by the Lord God of Israel, saying, Assuredly Solomon thy son shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne in my stead; even so will I certainly do this day.
  45.   9 Wherefore he said unto the messengers of Ben-hadad, Tell my lord the king, All that thou didst send for to thy servant at the first I will do: but this thing I may not do. And the messengers departed, and brought him word again.
          •  •  •
      24 And do this thing, Take the kings away, every man out of his place, and put captains in their rooms:
  46.   13 And Hazael said, But what, is thy servant a dog, that he should do this great thing? And Elisha answered, The Lord hath shewed me that thou shalt be aking over Syria.
  47.   12 For they served idols, whereof the Lord had said unto them, Ye shall anot do this thing.
  48.   31 For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion: the azeal of the Lord of hosts shall do this.
  49.   19 And said, My God forbid it me, that I should do this thing: shall I drink the blood of these men that have put their lives in jeopardy? for with the jeopardy of their lives they brought it. Therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mightiest.
  50.   19 O Lord, for thy servant’s sake, and according to thine own heart, hast thou done all this agreatness, in making known all these great things.
     
  51.   8 And David said unto God, I have asinned greatly, because I have done this thing: but now, I beseech thee, do away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.
  52.   16 And it came to pass, as he talked with him, that the king said unto him, aArt thou made of the king’s counsel? forbear; why shouldest thou be smitten? Then the prophet forbare, and said, I know that God hath determined to destroy thee, because thou hast done this, and hast not hearkened unto my counsel.
  53.   22 Take heed now that ye fail not to do this: why should damage grow to the hurt of the kings?
  54.   19 Think upon me, my God, for good, according to all that I have done for this people.
  55.   27 Shall we then hearken unto you to do all this great evil, to transgress against our God in marrying astrange wives?
  56.   3 O Lord my God, if I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands;
  57.   31 They shall come, and shall adeclare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.
  58.   4 Against thee, thee only, have I asinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be bjustified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
  59.   3 Do this now, my son, and deliver thyself, when thou art come into the hand of thy friend; go, ahumble thyself, and make sure thy friend.
  60.   10 And so I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the place of the holy, and they were forgotten in the city where they had so done: this is also vanity.
  61.   32 For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a aremnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion: the bzeal of the Lord of hosts shall do this.
  62.   7 And this shall be a sign unto thee from the Lord, that the Lord will do this thing that he hath spoken;
          •  •  •
      19 The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the afather to the children shall make known thy btruth.
  63.   20 That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the Lord hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath acreated it.
  64.   2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the asabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any bevil.
  65.   4 Behold, ye fast for astrife and bdebate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not cfast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.
  66.   14 Therefore will I do unto this ahouse, which is called by my name, wherein ye trust, and unto the place which I gave to you and to your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.
  67.   12 Thus will I do unto this place, saith the Lord, and to the inhabitants thereof, and even make this city as Tophet:
  68.   4 For if ye do this thing indeed, then shall there enter in by the gates of this house akings sitting upon the throne of David, riding in chariots and on horses, he, and his servants, and his people.
  69.   35 And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the afire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.
  70.   16 But Gedaliah the son of Ahikam said unto Johanan the son of Kareah, Thou shalt not do this thing: for thou speakest falsely of Ishmael.
  71.   4 Howbeit I asent unto you all my servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh, do not this babominable thing that I hate.
  72.   20 ¶ Behold, O Lord, and consider to whom thou hast done this. Shall the women aeat their fruit, and children of a span long? shall the priest and the prophet be slain in the sanctuary of the Lord?
  73.   10 And they shall know that I am the Lord, and that I have not said in vain that I would do this evil unto them.
  74.   22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your asakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy bname’s sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
          •  •  •
      32 Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord God, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
  75.   3 Likewise the people of the land shall worship at the door of this gate before the Lord in the sabbaths and in the new moons.
  76.   12 Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel.
  77.   12 That they may apossess the remnant of bEdom, and of all the cheathen, which are called by my name, saith the Lord that doeth this.
  78.   10 Then were the men exceedingly afraid, and said unto him, Why hast thou done this? For the men knew that he fled from the presence of the Lord, because he had told them.
  79.   12 The Lord will acut off the man that doeth this, the master and the scholar, out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offereth an offering unto the Lord of hosts.
  80.   3 And ye shall atread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.
  81.   9 For I am a man under aauthority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
  82.   28 And when he was come into the house, the ablind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, bBelieve ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.
  83.   28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
  84.   21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have afaith, and bdoubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this cmountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
  85.   27 And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with aauthority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.
  86.   7 Why doth this man thus speak ablasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
  87.   32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.
  88.   12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a asign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.
  89.   3 And if any man say unto you, Why do ye this? say ye that the Lord hath need of him; and straightway he will send him hither.
  90.   4 And when they came to Jesus, they besought him ainstantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this:
          •  •  •
      8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
  91.   23 And they began to enquire among themselves, which of them it was that should do this thing.
  92.   14 Then those men, when they had seen the amiracle that Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that bprophet that should come into the world.
          •  •  •
      61 When Jesus aknew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this boffend you?
  93.   2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this aman, or his parents, that he was born blind?
  94.   18 For this cause the people also amet him, for that they heard that he had done this bmiracle.
  95.   7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what apower, or by what bname, have ye done this?
          •  •  •
      10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the aname of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
  96.   23 Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a avow on them;
  97.   26 When the centurion heard that, he went and told the chief captain, saying, Take heed what thou doest: for this man is a Roman.
  98.   2 And when he was called forth, Tertullus began to accuse him, saying, Seeing that by thee we enjoy great quietness, and that very worthy deeds are done unto this nation by thy providence,
  99.   2 And ye are apuffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
      3 For I verily, aas absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
  100.   17 For if I do this thing awillingly, I have a breward: but if against my will, a cdispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
  101.   16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both asave thyself, and them that hear thee.
  102.   19 But I beseech you the rather to do this, that I may be restored to you the sooner.
  103.   15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
  104.   20 And also that we may apreserve unto them the words which have been spoken by the mouth of all the holy bprophets, which have been delivered unto them by the Spirit and power of God, since the world began, even down unto this present time.
  105.   20 And after I had done this, I went forth unto the treasury of Laban. And as I went forth towards the treasury of Laban, behold, I saw the aservant of Laban who had the keys of the treasury. And I commanded him in the voice of Laban, that he should go with me into the treasury.
          •  •  •
      34 And I also spake unto him, saying: Surely the Lord hath acommanded us to do this thing; and shall we not be diligent in keeping the commandments of the Lord? Therefore, if thou wilt go down into the wilderness to my father thou shalt have place with us.
  106.   31 And they said unto me: Doth this thing mean the torment of the body in the days of aprobation, or doth it mean the final state of the soul after the bdeath of the temporal body, or doth it speak of the things which are temporal?
  107.   52 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said many things unto my brethren, insomuch that they were aconfounded and could not contend against me; neither durst they lay their hands upon me nor touch me with their fingers, even for the space of many days. Now they durst not do this lest they should wither before me, so powerful was the bSpirit of God; and thus it had wrought upon them.
  108.   11 For mine own sake, yea, for mine own sake will I do this, for I will not suffer my aname to be polluted, and I will bnot give my glory unto another.
          •  •  •
      22 And notwithstanding he hath done all this, and greater also, there is no apeace, saith the Lord, unto the wicked.
  109.   29 And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and aworship him with all your bmight, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in nowise be cast out.
  110.   9 And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the asame yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my bwords according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one cword ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my dwork is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.
  111.   11 And the Lord of the vineyard caused that it should be digged about, and pruned, and nourished, saying unto his servant: It grieveth me that I should lose this tree; wherefore, that perhaps I might preserve the roots thereof that they perish not, that I might preserve them unto myself, I have done this thing.
  112.   3 Behold, it is expedient that much should be done among this people, because of the hardness of their hearts, and the deafness of their ears, and the blindness of their minds, and the astiffness of their necks; nevertheless, God is exceedingly merciful unto them, and has not as yet bswept them off from the face of the land.
  113.   4 And the things which are upon these plates apleasing me, because of the prophecies of the coming of Christ; and my fathers knowing that many of them have been fulfilled; yea, and I also know that as many things as have been bprophesied concerning us down to this day have been fulfilled, and as many as go beyond this day must surely come to pass—
          •  •  •
      7 And I do this for a awise bpurpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord cknoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he dworketh in me to do according to his ewill.
  114.   4 For it were not possible that our father, Lehi, could have remembered all these things, to have taught them to his children, except it were for the help of these plates; for he having been taught in the alanguage of the Egyptians therefore he could read these engravings, and teach them to his children, that thereby they could teach them to their children, and so fulfilling the commandments of God, even down to this present time.
  115.   37 I say unto you, that the man that doeth this, the same cometh out in open arebellion against God; therefore he blisteth to obey the evil spirit, and becometh an enemy to all righteousness; therefore, the Lord has no place in him, for he dwelleth not in cunholy temples.
  116.   12 And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the alove of God, and always bretain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the cknowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true.
          •  •  •
      18 But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent; and except he repenteth of that which he hath done he perisheth forever, and hath no interest in the kingdom of God.
  117.   9 And it shall come to pass that whosoever doeth this shall be found at the right hand of God, for he shall know the name by which he is called; for he shall be called by the name of Christ.
  118.   33 But if ye will aturn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all bdiligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.
  119.   4 And it came to pass that after he had done all this, that king Limhi dismissed the multitude, and caused that they should return every one unto his own house.
  120.   37 Now Abinadi said unto them, Have ye done all this? I say unto you, Nay, ye have not. And have ye ataught this people that they should do all these things? I say unto you, Nay, ye have not.
  121.   12 And now it came to pass that Alma took Helam, he being one of the first, and went and stood forth in the water, and cried, saying: O Lord, pour out thy Spirit upon thy servant, that he may do this work with holiness of heart.
  122.   16 And now Limhi had heard nothing concerning this matter; therefore he said: I will search among my people and whosoever has done this thing shall perish. Therefore he caused a search to be made among his people.
  123.   33 And it came to pass that king Limhi and many of his people were desirous to be baptized; but there was none in the land that had aauthority from God. And Ammon declined doing this thing, considering himself an unworthy servant.
  124.   13 And now the spirit of Alma was again troubled; and he went and inquired of the Lord what he should do concerning this matter, for he feared that he should do wrong in the sight of God.
  125.   26 And thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in anowise inherit the kingdom of God.
  126.   1 Now when Mosiah had done this he sent out throughout all the land, among all the people, desiring to know their will concerning who should be their king.
          •  •  •
      13 Therefore, aif it were possible that you could have bjust men to be your kings, who would establish the claws of God, and judge this people according to his commandments, yea, if ye could have men for your kings who would do even as my father dBenjamin did for this people—I say unto you, if this could always be the case then it would be expedient that ye should always have kings to rule over you.
  127.   16 Nevertheless, this did not put an end to the spreading of priestcraft through the land; for there were many who loved the vain things of the world, and they went forth preaching afalse doctrines; and this they did for the sake of briches and honor.
  128.   42 And whosoever doeth this must receive his awages of him; therefore, for his bwages he receiveth cdeath, as to things pertaining unto righteousness, being dead unto all good works.
  129.   16 And whosoever doeth this, and keepeth the commandments of God from thenceforth, the same will aremember that I say unto him, yea, he will remember that I have said unto him, he shall have eternal life, according to the testimony of the Holy Spirit, which testifieth in me.
  130.   10 And again, I know that the things whereof he hath testified are true; for behold I say unto you, that as the Lord liveth, even so has he sent his aangel to make these things manifest unto me; and this he has done while this Alma hath bdwelt at my house.
  131.   8 And Zeezrom began to inquire of them diligently, that he might know more concerning the kingdom of God. And he said unto Alma: What does this mean which Amulek hath spoken concerning the resurrection of the dead, that all shall rise from the dead, both the ajust and the unjust, and are brought to stand before God to be bjudged according to their works?
  132.   11 But Alma said unto him: The Spirit constraineth me that I must not stretch forth mine hand; for behold the Lord receiveth them up unto himself, in aglory; and he doth suffer that they may do this thing, or that the people may do this thing unto them, according to the hardness of their hearts, that the bjudgments which he shall exercise upon them in his wrath may be just; and the cblood of the dinnocent shall stand as a witness against them, yea, and cry mightily against them at the last day.
  133.   4 And now, when the king heard these words, he said unto them: Now I know that it is the Great Spirit; and he has come down at this time to preserve your lives, that I might not aslay you as I did your brethren. Now this is the Great Spirit of whom our fathers have spoken.
  134.   30 And when she had said this, she clasped her hands, being filled with joy, speaking many words which were not understood; and when she had done this, she took the king, Lamoni, by the hand, and behold he arose and stood upon his feet.
  135.   15 Yea, they were encircled about with everlasting adarkness and destruction; but behold, he has brought them into his everlasting blight, yea, into everlasting salvation; and they are encircled about with the matchless bounty of his love; yea, and we have been instruments in his hands of doing this great and marvelous work.
  136.   34 And now, behold, is your aknowledge bperfect? Yea, your knowledge is perfect in that thing, and your cfaith is dormant; and this because you know, for ye know that the word hath swelled your souls, and ye also know that it hath sprouted up, that your understanding doth begin to be enlightened, and your dmind doth begin to expand.
  137.   9 Now my son, I would that ye should repent and forsake your sins, and go no more after the alusts of your eyes, but bcross yourself in all these things; for except ye do this ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God. Oh, remember, and take it upon you, and ccross yourself in these things.
  138.   7 And now, if ye do not this, behold, ye are in our hands, and I will command my men that they shall fall upon you, and ainflict the wounds of death in your bodies, that ye may become extinct; and then we will see who shall have power over this people; yea, we will see who shall be brought into bondage.
  139.   18 And when Alma had done this he adeparted out of the land of Zarahemla, as if to go into the land of bMelek. And it came to pass that he was never heard of more; as to his death or burial we know not of.
  140.   34 And it came to pass that Amalickiah took the same servant that slew the king, and all them who were with him, and went in unto the queen, unto the place where she sat; and they all atestified unto her that the king was slain by his own servants; and they said also: They have fled; does not this testify against them? And thus they satisfied the queen concerning the death of the king.
  141.   12 And behold, if ye do not this, I will come against you with my armies; yea, even I will arm my women and my children, and I will come against you, and I will follow you even into your own land, which is the land of aour first inheritance; yea, and it shall be blood for blood, yea, life for life; and I will give you battle even until you are destroyed from off the face of the earth.
  142.   35 And behold, we are again delivered out of the hands of our enemies. And blessed is the name of our God; for behold, it is he that has delivered us; yea, that has done this great thing for us.
  143.   35 And behold, if ye will not do this I come unto you speedily; for behold, God will not suffer that we should perish with hunger; therefore he will give unto us of your food, even if it must be by the sword. Now see that ye fulfil the word of God.
  144.   8 And it came to pass as he was about to do this, behold, he was taken, and was tried according to the avoice of the people, and condemned unto death; for he had raised up in rebellion and sought to destroy the bliberty of the people.
  145.   40 And it came to pass that the Lamanites said unto him: aWhat shall we do, that this cloud of darkness may be removed from overshadowing us?
      41 And Aminadab said unto them: You must arepent, and cry unto the voice, even until ye shall have bfaith in Christ, who was taught unto you by Alma, and cAmulek, and Zeezrom; and when ye shall do this, the cloud of darkness shall be removed from overshadowing you.
  146.   29 Yea, it is that same being who put it into the heart of aGadianton to still carry on the work of darkness, and of secret murder; and he has brought it forth from the beginning of man even down to this time.
  147.   22 Our father Lehi was driven out of Jerusalem because he atestified of these things. Nephi also testified of these things, and also almost all of our fathers, even down to this time; yea, they have testified of the bcoming of Christ, and have looked forward, and have rejoiced in his day which is to come.
  148.   20 Saying unto him: Thou art confederate; who is this man that hath done this murder? Now tell us, and acknowledge thy fault; saying, Behold here is amoney; and also we will grant unto thee thy life if thou wilt tell us, and acknowledge the agreement which thou hast made with him.
          •  •  •
      24 And because I have done this, ye say that I have agreed with a man that he should do this thing; yea, because I showed unto you this sign ye are angry with me, and seek to destroy my life.
          •  •  •
      35 And then shall greater fear come upon him; and then shall he confess unto you, and deny no more that he has done this murder.
     
  149.   5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that aall things shall be bdone unto thee according to thy cword, for thou shalt dnot ask that which is contrary to my will.
  150.   27 But behold, if a man shall come among you and shall say: Do this, and there is no iniquity; do that and ye shall not suffer; yea, he will say: aWalk after the pride of your own hearts; yea, walk after the pride of your eyes, and do whatsoever your heart desireth—and if a man shall come among you and say this, ye will receive him, and say that he is a bprophet.
  151.   19 Therefore repent ye, repent ye, lest by knowing these things and not doing them ye shall suffer yourselves to come under condemnation, and ye are brought down unto this second death.
  152.   6 Yea, I say unto you, that the more part of them are doing this, and they are striving with aunwearied diligence that they may bring the remainder of their brethren to the knowledge of the truth; therefore there are many who do add to their numbers daily.
  153.   8 And behold, I aswear unto you, if ye will do this, with an oath, ye shall not be destroyed; but if ye will not do this, I swear unto you with an oath, that on the morrow month I will command that my armies shall come down against you, and they shall not stay their hand and shall spare not, but shall slay you, and shall let fall the sword upon you even until ye shall become extinct.
          •  •  •
      10 And I write this epistle unto you, Lachoneus, and I hope that ye will deliver up your lands and your possessions, without the shedding of blood, that this my people may recover their rights and agovernment, who have dissented away from you because of your wickedness in retaining from them their rights of government, and except ye do this, I will avenge their wrongs. I am Giddianhi.
          •  •  •
      21 But Gidgiddoni saith unto them: The Lord aforbid; for if we should go up against them the Lord would bdeliver us into their hands; therefore we will prepare ourselves in the center of our lands, and we will gather all our armies together, and we will not go against them, but we will wait till they shall come against us; therefore as the Lord liveth, if we do this he will deliver them into our hands.
  154.   22 And when he had done this he wept again;
  155.   10 And when the Disciples had done this, Jesus said unto them: Blessed are ye for this thing which ye have done, for this is fulfilling my commandments, and this doth witness unto the Father that ye are awilling to do that which I have commanded you.
  156.   3 And ye shall atread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of Hosts.
  157.   7 Yea, and wo unto him that shall say at that day, to get again, that there can be bno miracle wrought by Jesus Christ; for he that doeth this shall become clike unto the son of perdition, for whom there was no mercy, according to the word of Christ!
  158.   18 Behold, if ye had not done this, ye would not have fallen. But behold, ye are fallen, and I amourn your loss.
  159.   31 Yea, it shall come in a day when there shall be great apollutions upon the face of the earth; there shall be bmurders, and robbing, and lying, and deceivings, and whoredoms, and all manner of abominations; when there shall be many who will say, Do this, or do that, and it cmattereth not, for the Lord will duphold such at the last day. But wo unto such, for they are in the egall of bitterness and in the fbonds of iniquity.
  160.   29 See that ye are not baptized aunworthily; see that ye partake not of the sacrament of Christ bunworthily; but see that ye do all things in cworthiness, and do it in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God; and if ye do this, and endure to the end, ye will in nowise be cast out.
  161.   42 And when thou hast done this thou shalt ago at the head of them down into the valley which is northward. And there will I meet thee, and I will go bbefore thee into a land which is cchoice above all the lands of the earth.
  162.   5 Behold, O Lord, thou canst do this. We know that thou art able to show forth great power, which alooks small unto the understanding of men.
  163.   2 And he called them by name, saying: Ye shall acall on the Father in my name, in mighty prayer; and after ye have done this ye shall have bpower that to him upon whom ye shall lay your chands, dye shall give the Holy Ghost; and in my name shall ye give it, for thus do mine apostles.
  164.   29 And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have aangels ceased to minister unto the children of men.
  165.   10 And after they had done this thing, they did murder them in a most acruel manner, torturing their bodies even unto death; and after they have done this, they devour their flesh like unto wild beasts, because of the hardness of their hearts; and they do it for a token of bravery.
  166.   11 Except thou ado this, thou shalt be delivered up and become as other men, and have no more gift.
  167.   22 And that you be afirm in bkeeping the commandments wherewith I have commanded you; and if you do this, behold I grant unto you ceternal life, even if you should be dslain.
          •  •  •
      31 And except thou do this, behold, thou shalt have no more gift, and I will take away the things which I have entrusted with thee.
  168.   13 Do this thing which I have commanded you, and you shall aprosper. Be faithful, and yield to no btemptation.
  169.   13 For he hath put into their hearts to do this, that by lying they may say they have acaught you in the words which you have pretended to translate.
          •  •  •
      19 Therefore we will destroy him, and also the work; and we will do this that we may not be ashamed in the end, and that we may get aglory of the world.
  170.   2 I, having accomplished and afinished the will of him whose I am, even the Father, concerning me—having done this that I might bsubdue all things unto myself—
  171.   15 Keep my commandments continually, and a acrown of brighteousness thou shalt receive. And except thou do this, where I am you ccannot come.
  172.   11 And if thou do this, I have prepared thee for a greater work. Thou shalt preach the afulness of my gospel, which I have sent forth in these last days, the bcovenant which I have sent forth to crecover my people, which are of the house of Israel.
  173.   10 That inasmuch as ye do this, glory shall be aadded to the kingdom which ye have received. Inasmuch as ye do it not, it shall be btaken, even that which ye have received.
  174.   14 And whoso doeth this shall receive the agift of the Holy Ghost, by the laying on of the bhands of the elders of the church.
  175.   14 And let him also reserve unto ahimself for his own wants, and for the wants of his family, as he shall be employed in doing this business.
  176.   2 Saying: I, the Lord, will make known unto you what I will that ye shall do from this time until the next conference, which shall be held in Missouri, upon the aland which I will bconsecrate unto my people, which are a cremnant of Jacob, and those who are heirs according to the dcovenant.
  177.   5 And again, verily I say unto you, for this cause you shall take your journey with my servants Joseph Smith, Jun., and Sidney Rigdon, that you may be aplanted in the land of your inheritance to do this work.
  178.   9 And if he will do this, as there shall be no divisions made upon the land, he shall be appointed still to go to the land of Missouri;
  179.   53 Behold, here is wisdom. Let them do this lest they areceive none inheritance, save it be by the shedding of blood.
  180.   16 Verily I say, that inasmuch as ye do this, the afulness of the earth is yours, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and that which climbeth upon the trees and walketh upon the earth;
  181.   34 And inasmuch as they do this they shall arid their garments, and they shall be spotless before me.
  182.   11 aPraying always that they bfaint not; and inasmuch as they do this, I will be with them even unto the end.
  183.   137 And ye are called to do this by prayer and thanksgiving, as the Spirit shall give utterance in all your doings in the house of the Lord, in the school of the prophets, that it may become a sanctuary, a tabernacle of the Holy Spirit to your aedification.
  184.   45 And if he do this, thou shalt forgive him with all thine heart; and if he do not this, I, the Lord, will aavenge thee of thine enemy an hundred-fold;
  185.   8 And I give unto you this promise, that inasmuch as ye do this the aHoly Ghost shall be shed forth in bearing record unto all things whatsoever ye shall say.
  186.   5 For thou knowest that we have done this work through great tribulation; and out of our poverty we have agiven of our substance to build a bhouse to thy name, that the Son of Man might have a place to cmanifest himself to his people.
  187.   3 Let the residue continue to preach from that hour, and if they will do this in all alowliness of heart, in meekness and humility, and blong-suffering, I, the Lord, give unto them a cpromise that I will provide for their families; and an effectual door shall be opened for them, from henceforth.
  188.   17 And for his love he shall be great, for he shall be mine if he do this, saith the Lord. I have seen the work which he hath done, which I accept if he continue, and will crown him with blessings and great glory.
          •  •  •
      90 And if he will do this I will abless him with a multiplicity of blessings, that he shall not be forsaken, nor his seed be found bbegging bread.
  189.   11 And if ye do this with a pure heart, in all faithfulness, ye shall be blessed; you shall be ablessed in your flocks, and in your herds, and in your fields, and in your houses, and in your families.
  190.   20 And I, the Lord God, said unto the serpent: Because thou hast done this thou shalt be acursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life;
  191.   24 aBelieve and repent of your sins and be bbaptized in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, even as our fathers, and ye shall receive the Holy Ghost, that ye may have all things made cmanifest; and if ye do not this, the floods will come in upon you; nevertheless they hearkened not.
  192.   23 Therefore it shall come to pass, when the Egyptians shall see her, they will say—She is his wife; and they will kill you, but they will save her alive; therefore see that ye do on this wise:
  193.   12 Never did any passage of ascripture come with more power to the heart of man than this did at this time to mine. It seemed to enter with great force into every feeling of my heart. I reflected on it again and again, knowing that if any person needed bwisdom from God, I did; for how to act I did not know, and unless I could get more wisdom than I then had, I would never know; for the teachers of religion of the different sects cunderstood the same passages of scripture so differently as to destroy all confidence in settling the question by an appeal to the Bible.
  194.  

No comments:

Post a Comment