Friday, June 19, 2015

My house

  1.   2 And Abram said, Lord God, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the asteward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?
      3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, aone born in my house is mine heir.
  2.   13 And it came to pass, when God caused me to awander from my father’s house, that I said unto her, This is thy bkindness which thou shalt shew unto me; at every place whither we shall come, say of me, He is my brother.
  3.   7 ¶ The aLord God of heaven, which took me from my bfather’s house, and from the land of my kindred, and which spake unto me, and that sware unto me, saying, Unto thy seed will I give this cland; he shall send his dangel before thee, and thou shalt take a wife unto my son from thence.
          •  •  •
      38 But thou shalt go unto my afather’s house, and to my kindred, and take a wife unto my son.
          •  •  •
      40 And he said unto me, The aLord, before whom I bwalk, will send his angel with thee, and prosper thy way; and thou shalt take a wife for my son of my kindred, and of my father’s house:
  4.   21 So that I come again to my father’s house in peace; then shall the aLord be my God:
  5.   30 And Jacob said to Simeon and Levi, Ye have troubled me to make me to stink among the inhabitants of the land, among the Canaanites and the Perizzites: and I being few in number, they shall gather themselves together against me, and slay me; and I shall be destroyed, I and my house.
  6.   40 Thou shalt be aover my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be bgreater than thou.
          •  •  •
      51 And Joseph called the name of the firstborn aManasseh: For God, said he, hath made me forget all my toil, and all my father’s house.
  7.   31 And Joseph said unto his brethren, and unto his father’s house, I will go up, and shew aPharaoh, and say unto him, My brethren, and my father’s house, which were in the land of Canaan, are come unto me;
  8.   12 Now therefore, I pray you, aswear unto me by the Lord, since I have shewed you bkindness, that ye will also shew kindness unto my father’s house, and give me a true token:
  9.   15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, achoose you bthis day whom ye will cserve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my dhouse, we will eserve the Lord.
  10.   15 And he said unto him, Oh my Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the aleast in my father’s house.
  11.   18 And ye are risen up against my father’s house this day, and have slain his sons, threescore and ten persons, upon one stone, and have made Abimelech, the son of his maidservant, king over the men of Shechem, because he is your brother;)
  12.   7 And Jephthah said unto the elders of Gilead, Did not ye hate me, and expel me out of my father’s house? and why are ye come unto me now when ye are in distress?
          •  •  •
      31 Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the Lord’s, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.
  13.   15 But also thou shalt not cut off thy kindness from my house for ever: no, not when the Lord hath cut off the enemies of David every one from the face of the earth.
  14.   15 Have I need of mad men, that ye have brought this fellow to play the mad man in my presence? shall this fellow come into my house?
  15.   21 Swear now therefore unto me by the Lord, that thou wilt not cut off my seed after me, and that thou wilt not destroy my name out of my father’s house.
  16.   18 ¶ Then went king David in, and sat before the Lord, and he said, Who am I, O Lord God? and what is my house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?
  17.   9 And the woman of Tekoah said unto the king, My lord, O king, the iniquity be on me, and on my father’s house: and the king and his throne be guiltless.
  18.   28 For all of my father’s house were but dead men before my lord the king: yet didst thou set thy servant among them that did aeat at thine own table. What right therefore have I yet to cry any more unto the king?
  19.   5 Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an aeverlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.
  20.   17 And David spake unto the Lord when he saw the angel that smote the people, and said, Lo, I have sinned, and I have done wickedly: but these sheep, what have they done? let thine hand, I pray thee, be against me, and against my father’s house.
  21.   2 And Ahab spake unto Naboth, saying, Give me thy vineyard, that I may have it for a garden of herbs, because it is near unto my house: and I will give thee for it a better vineyard than it; or, if it seem good to thee, I will give thee the worth of it in money.
  22.   17 And David said unto God, Is it not I that commanded the people to be numbered? even I it is that have sinned and done evil indeed; but as for these sheep, what have they done? let thine hand, I pray thee, O Lord my God, be on me, and on my father’s house; but not on thy people, that they should be plagued.
  23.   6 And he said unto me, Solomon thy son, he shall build my ahouse and my courts: for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father.
  24.   6 Let thine ear now be attentive, and thine eyes open, that thou mayest hear the prayer of thy servant, which I pray before thee now, day and night, for the children of Israel thy servants, and aconfess the sins of the children of Israel, which we have sinned against thee: both I and my father’s house have sinned.
  25.   2 I will behave myself awisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
          •  •  •
      7 He that worketh adeceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth blies shall not tarry in my sight.
  26.   3 Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;
  27.   6 ¶ For at the window of my house I looked through my casement,
  28.   7 I got me servants and maidens, and had servants born in my house; also I had great possessions of great and small cattle above all that were in Jerusalem before me:
  29.   4 It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother’s house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me.
  30.   2 I would lead thee, and bring thee into my mother’s house, who would instruct me: I would cause thee to drink of spiced wine of the juice of my pomegranate.
  31.   7 In that day shall he swear, saying, I will not be aan healer; for in my house is neither bread nor clothing: make me not a ruler of the people.
  32.   7 Even them will I bring to my holy amountain, and make them joyful in my bhouse of cprayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be daccepted upon mine altar; for mine ehouse shall be called an house of prayer for fall gpeople.
  33.   11 For both aprophet and bpriest are cprofane; yea, in my dhouse have I found their wickedness, saith the Lord.
  34.   7 In that ye have brought into my sanctuary astrangers, uncircumcised in heart, and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in my sanctuary, to bpollute it, even my house, when ye offer my cbread, the dfat and the eblood, and they have broken my fcovenant because of all your abominations.
  35.   16 Therefore thus saith the Lord; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my ahouse shall be built in it, saith the Lord of hosts, and a bline shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem.
  36.   7 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If thou wilt awalk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my bcharge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among cthese that stand by.
  37.   44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
  38.   13 And said unto them, It is written, My ahouse shall be called the house of bprayer; but ye have made it a cden of thieves.
  39.   17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.
  40.   61 And another also said, Lord, I will afollow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
  41.   24 When the aunclean spirit is gone out of a man, bhe walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, che saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.
  42.   23 And the alord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and bhedges, and ccompel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
  43.   27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house:
  44.   46 Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the ahouse of prayer: but ye have made it a bden of thieves.
  45.   16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father’s house an house of merchandise.
  46.   2 In my Father’s ahouse are many bmansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
  47.   30 And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was afasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a bman stood before me in bright clothing,
  48.   15 And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and aabide there. And she constrained us.
  49.   7 In that day shall he swear, saying: I will not be a healer; for in my house there is neither bread nor clothing; make me not a ruler of the people.
  50.   20 And the man said unto him: I am a Nephite, and I know that thou art a holy prophet of God, for thou art the man whom an aangel said in a vision: Thou shalt receive. Therefore, go with me into my house and I will impart unto thee of my bfood; and I know that thou wilt be a blessing unto me and my house.
     
  51.   8 And it came to pass that I obeyed the voice of the angel, and returned towards my house. And as I was going thither I found the aman whom the angel said unto me: Thou shalt receive into thy house—and behold it was this same man who has been speaking unto you concerning the things of God.
          •  •  •
      10 And again, I know that the things whereof he hath testified are true; for behold I say unto you, that as the Lord liveth, even so has he sent his aangel to make these things manifest unto me; and this he has done while this Alma hath bdwelt at my house.
  52.   6 And again, O God, when I did turn to my house thou didst hear me in my prayer.
  53.   10 Bring ye all the atithes into the storehouse, that there may be bmeat in my house; and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the cwindows of heaven, and pour you out a dblessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
  54.   1 And again, verily I say unto you, my afriends, a commandment I give unto you, that ye shall commence a work of laying out and preparing a beginning and foundation of the city of the bstake of Zion, here in the land of Kirtland, beginning at my house.
  55.   18 Let not your hearts be troubled; for in my Father’s house are amany mansions, and I have prepared a place for you; and where my Father and I am, there ye shall be also.
  56.   22 Therefore let my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., say unto the astrength of my house, my young men and the middle aged—Gather yourselves together unto the land of Zion, upon the land which I have bought with money that has been consecrated unto me.
          •  •  •
      30 It is my will that my servant Parley P. Pratt and my servant Lyman Wight should not return to the land of their brethren, until they have obtained companies to go up unto the land of Zion, by tens, or by twenties, or by fifties, or by an hundred, until they have obtained to the number of five hundred of the astrength of my house.
          •  •  •
      34 But verily I say unto you, a commandment I give unto you, that ye shall not go up unto the land of Zion until you have obtained a hundred of the strength of my house, to go up with you unto the land of Zion.
  57.   43 And again, let my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., have appointed unto him the lot which is laid off for the abuilding of my house, which is forty rods long and twelve wide, and also the inheritance upon which his father now resides;
  58.   16 Behold, I have commanded my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., to say unto the astrength of my house, even my warriors, my young men, and middle-aged, to gather together for the redemption of my people, and throw down the towers of mine enemies, and scatter their bwatchmen;
          •  •  •
      27 And I will soften the hearts of the people, as I did the heart of aPharaoh, from time to time, until my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and mine elders, whom I have appointed, shall have time to gather up the strength of my house,
          •  •  •
      33 Verily I say unto you, it is expedient in me that the first elders of my church should receive their aendowment from on high in my house, which I have commanded to be built unto my name in the land of Kirtland.
  59.   25 And upon my ahouse shall it bbegin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;
      26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have aprofessed to know my bname and have not cknown me, and have dblasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.
  60.   11 And in aone year from this day let them re-commence laying the foundation of my bhouse.
  61.   5 Let them atake leave of my saints in the city of Far West, on the btwenty-sixth day of April next, on the building-spot of my house, saith the Lord.
  62.   30 For this ordinance belongeth to my house, and cannot be acceptable to me, only in the days of your poverty, wherein ye are not able to build a house unto me.
          •  •  •
      39 Therefore, verily I say unto you, that your aanointings, and your washings, and your bbaptisms for the dead, and your csolemn assemblies, and your dmemorials for your esacrifices by the sons of Levi, and for your foracles in your most gholy places wherein you receive conversations, and your statutes and judgments, for the beginning of the revelations and foundation of Zion, and for the glory, honor, and endowment of all her municipals, are ordained by the ordinance of my holy house, which my people are always commanded to build unto my holy name.
          •  •  •
      56 And now I say unto you, as pertaining to my boarding ahouse which I have commanded you to build for the boarding of strangers, let it be built unto my name, and let my name be named upon it, and let my servant Joseph and his house have place therein, from generation to generation.
          •  •  •
      145 And that ye should prepare rooms for all these offices in my ahouse when you build it unto my name, saith the Lord your God. Even so. Amen.
  63.   18 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife, and make a covenant with her for time and for all eternity, if that acovenant is not by me or by my word, which is my law, and is not sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, through him whom I have anointed and appointed unto this power, then it is not valid neither of force when they are out of the world, because they are not joined by me, saith the Lord, neither by my word; when they are out of the world it cannot be received there, because the angels and the gods are appointed there, by whom they cannot pass; they cannot, therefore, inherit my glory; for my house is a house of order, saith the Lord God.
  64.   17 Now I, Abraham, built an aaltar in the land of Jershon, and made an offering unto the Lord, and prayed that the bfamine might be turned away from my father’s house, that they might not perish.
  65.   66 On the 5th day of April, 1829, aOliver Cowdery came to my house, until which time I had never seen him. He stated to me that having been teaching school in the neighborhood where my father resided, and my father being one of those who sent to the school, he went to board for a season at his house, and while there the family related to him the circumstances of my having received the plates, and accordingly he had come to make inquiries of me.
  66.  

No comments:

Post a Comment