Friday, April 12, 2013

Call upon

  1.   26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to acall upon the name of the bLord.
  2.   8 And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of aBeth-el, and pitched his tent, having bBeth-el on the west, and cHai on the east: and there he builded an altar unto the Lord, and dcalled upon the ename of the Lord.
  3.   25 And he builded an aaltar there, and called upon the bname of the Lord, and pitched his tent there: and there Isaac’s servants digged a well.
  4.   7 For what anation is there so great, who hath God so bnigh unto them, as the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon him for?
  5.   7 In my adistress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his btemple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
  6.   8 Give athanks unto the Lord, bcall upon his name, make known his cdeeds among the people.
  7.   26 And David built there an aaltar unto the Lord, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings, and called upon the Lord; and he answered him from heaven by bfire upon the altar of burnt offering.
  8.   4 I am as one amocked of his neighbour, who calleth upon God, and he answereth him: the just upright man is laughed to scorn.
  9.   10 Will he delight himself in the aAlmighty? will he always call upon God?
  10.   4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord.
  11.   6 I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and ahear my speech.
  12.   3 I will call upon the Lord, who is aworthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
          •  •  •
      6 In my adistress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his btemple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
  13.   17 Let me not be aashamed, O Lord; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
  14.   15 And acall upon me in the day of btrouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
  15.   4 Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread: they have not called upon God.
  16.   16 As for me, I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me.
  17.   6 Pour out thy wrath upon the heathen that have not known thee, and upon the kingdoms that have not called upon thy name.
  18.   18 So will not we ago back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.
  19.   5 For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to aforgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
          •  •  •
      7 In the day of my trouble I will acall upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
  20.   9 Mine aeye mourneth by reason of baffliction: Lord, I have called daily upon thee, I have stretched out my hands unto thee.
  21.   15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
  22.   6 Moses and Aaron among his priests, and Samuel among them that call upon his name; they called upon the Lord, and he answered them.
  23.   1 O give athanks unto the Lord; call upon his name: bmake known his deeds among the people.
  24.   2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
          •  •  •
      4 Then called I upon the name of the Lord; O Lord, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
          •  •  •
      13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord.
          •  •  •
      17 I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will acall upon the name of the Lord.
  25.   5 I called upon the Lord in adistress: the Lord answered me, and set me in a blarge place.
  26.   18 The Lord is anigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in btruth.
  27.   28 Then shall they acall upon me, but I will not banswer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
  28.   4 And in that day shall ye say, aPraise the Lord, bcall upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
  29.   25 I have raised up one from the north, and he shall come: from the rising of the sun shall he call upon my name: and he shall come upon princes as upon morter, and as the potter treadeth clay.
  30.   22 ¶ But thou hast not called upon me, O Jacob; but thou hast been weary of me, O Israel.
  31.   6 ¶ aSeek ye the bLord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
  32.   7 And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy aface from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.
  33.   12 Then shall ye acall upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will bhearken unto you.
  34.   55 ¶ I called upon thy name, O Lord, out of the low dungeon.
          •  •  •
      57 Thou adrewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not.
  35.   6 So the shipmaster came to him, and said unto him, What meanest thou, O sleeper? arise, acall upon thy God, if so be that God will think upon us, that we perish not.
  36.   9 For then will I turn to the people a pure alanguage, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one bconsent.
  37.   59 And they astoned bStephen, ccalling upon dGod, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my espirit.
  38.   12 For there is no adifference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is brich unto all that ccall upon him.
      13 For whosoever shall acall upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
  39.   2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are asanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be bsaints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
  40.   4 And in that day shall ye say: aPraise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
  41.   15 Yea, and it came to pass that they fled, all that were not overtaken, even into the city of Nephi, and did call upon me for protection.
  42.   12 Having gone according to their own carnal wills and desires; having never called upon the Lord while the arms of mercy were extended towards them; for the arms of mercy were extended towards them, and they would anot; they being warned of their iniquities and yet they would not depart from them; and they were commanded to repent and yet they would not repent.
  43.   11 And Amulon commanded them that they should stop their cries; and he aput guards over them to watch them, that whosoever should be found calling upon God should be put to death.
  44.   4 And they would not be baptized; neither would they join the achurch. And they were a separate people as to their faith, and remained so ever after, even in their bcarnal and sinful state; for they would not call upon the Lord their God.
  45.   7 My brother has called upon the words of aZenos, that redemption cometh through the Son of God, and also upon the words of bZenock; and also he has appealed unto cMoses, to prove that these things are true.
          •  •  •
      17 Therefore may God grant unto you, my brethren, that ye may begin to exercise your afaith unto repentance, that ye begin to bcall upon his holy name, that he would have mercy upon you;
  46.   27 Thus we may see that the Lord is merciful unto all who will, in the sincerity of their hearts, call upon his holy name.
  47.   7 Therefore, whatsoever ye shall do, ye shall do it in my name; therefore ye shall call the church in my name; and ye shall call upon the Father in my name that he will bless the church for my sake.
          •  •  •
      9 Verily I say unto you, that ye are built upon my gospel; therefore ye shall call whatsoever things ye do call, in my name; therefore if ye call upon the Father, for the church, if it be in my name the Father will hear you;
  48.   2 But behold, I was awithout hope, for I knew the judgments of the Lord which should come upon them; for they repented not of their iniquities, but did struggle for their lives without calling upon that Being who created them.
  49.   14 And it came to pass at the end of four years that the Lord came again unto the brother of Jared, and stood in a cloud and atalked with him. And for the space of three hours did the Lord talk with the brother of Jared, and bchastened him because he remembered not to ccall upon the name of the Lord.
      15 And the brother of Jared repented of the evil which he had done, and did call upon the name of the Lord for his brethren who were with him. And the Lord said unto him: I will forgive thee and thy brethren of their sins; but thou shalt not sin any more, for ye shall remember that my aSpirit will not always bstrive with man; wherefore, if ye will sin until ye are fully ripe ye shall be cut off from the presence of the Lord. And these are my cthoughts upon the land which I shall give you for your inheritance; for it shall be a land dchoice above all other lands.
  50.   2 O Lord, thou hast said that we must be encompassed about by the floods. Now behold, O Lord, and do not be aangry with thy servant because of his weakness before thee; for we know that thou art holy and dwellest in the heavens, and that we are bunworthy before thee; because of the cfall our dnatures have become evil continually; nevertheless, O Lord, thou hast given us a commandment that we must call upon thee, that from thee we may receive according to our desires. 
    1.   15 Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been ahid up from the foundation of the world from you—yea, when ye shall bcall upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant which he made unto your fathers, O house of Israel.
    2.   17 Wherefore, I the Lord, aknowing the calamity which should come upon the binhabitants of the earth, ccalled upon my dservant Joseph Smith, Jun., and espake unto him from heaven, and gave him fcommandments;
    3.   76 And the elder or priest shall administer it; and after this amanner shall he administer it—he shall kneel with the church and call upon the Father in solemn prayer, saying:
    4.   5 And thou shalt continue in calling upon God in my name, and writing the things which shall be given thee by the aComforter, and expounding all scriptures unto the church.
    5.   2 Who will agather his people even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, even as many as will hearken to my voice and bhumble themselves before me, and call upon me in mighty prayer.
    6.   13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thrash the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;
    7.   16 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, that the people in Ohio call upon me in much faith, thinking I will astay my hand in judgment upon the nations, but I cannot bdeny my word.
    8.   20 Lift up your voices and spare not. Call upon the nations to repent, both old and young, both abond and free, saying: Prepare yourselves for the great day of the Lord;
        21 For if I, who am a man, do lift up my voice and call upon you to repent, and ye ahate me, what will ye say when the bday cometh when the cthunders shall utter their voices from the ends of the earth, speaking to the ears of all that live, saying—Repent, and prepare for the great day of the Lord?
            •  •  •
        25 How oft have I acalled upon you by the mouth of my bservants, and by the cministering of angels, and by mine own voice, and by the voice of dthunderings, and by the voice of lightnings, and by the voice of tempests, and by the voice of earthquakes, and great hailstorms, and by the voice of efamines and pestilences of every kind, and by the great sound of a ftrump, and by the voice of judgment, and by the voice of gmercy all the day long, and by the voice of glory and honor and the hriches of eternal life, and would have saved you with an ieverlasting salvation, but ye would not!
            •  •  •
        28 Wherefore, labor ye, alabor ye in my vineyard for the last time—for the last time call upon the inhabitants of the earth.
    9.   64 Wherefore I, the Lord, have said, gather ye out from the aeastern lands, assemble ye yourselves together ye elders of my church; go ye forth into the western countries, call upon the inhabitants to repent, and inasmuch as they do repent, build up churches unto me.
    10.   1 Behold, I say unto you, my servant Sidney Gilbert, that I have heard your prayers; and you have called upon me that it should be made known unto you, of the Lord your God, concerning your acalling and belection in the church, which I, the Lord, have raised up in these last days.
    11.   47 Let them preach by the way, and abear testimony of the truth in all places, and call upon the rich, the high and the low, and the poor to repent.
    12.   4 Pray unto the Lord, acall upon his holy name, make known his wonderful bworks among the people.
        5 Call upon the Lord, that his kingdom may go forth upon the earth, that the inhabitants thereof may receive it, and be prepared for the days to come, in the which the Son of Man shall acome down in heaven, bclothed in the brightness of his cglory, to meet the dkingdom of God which is set up on the earth.
    13.   4 Wherefore, alabor ye in my vineyard. Call upon the inhabitants of the earth, and bear record, and prepare the way for the commandments and revelations which are to come.
            •  •  •
        7 Wherefore, aconfound your benemies; call upon them to cmeet you both in public and in private; and inasmuch as ye are faithful their dshame shall be made manifest.
    14.   4 Ye call upon my name for arevelations, and I give them unto you; and inasmuch as ye keep not my sayings, which I give unto you, ye become transgressors; and bjustice and judgment are the penalty which is affixed unto my law.
    15.   3 For behold, the Southern States shall be divided against the Northern States, and the Southern States will call on other nations, even the nation of Great Britain, as it is called, and they shall also call upon other nations, in order to defend themselves against other nations; and then awar shall be poured out upon all nations.
    16.   62 And again, verily I say unto you, my afriends, I leave these bsayings with you to cponder in your hearts, with this commandment which I give unto you, that ye shall dcall upon me while I am near—
    17.   17 And all that acall upon the name of the Lord, and keep his commandments, shall be saved. Even so. Amen.
    18.   52 Now, behold, the nobleman, the lord of the avineyard, called upon his servants, and said unto them, Why! what is the cause of this great evil?
    19.   19 After the evidences are heard, the councilors, accuser and accused have spoken, the president shall give a decision according to the understanding which he shall have of the case, and call upon the twelve councilors to asanction the same by their vote.
    20.   82 And inasmuch as ye are ahumble and faithful and bcall upon my name, behold, I will give you the cvictory.
    21.   38 It is the duty of the traveling high council to call upon the aSeventy, when they need assistance, to fill the several calls for preaching and administering the gospel, instead of any others.
            •  •  •
        45 God called upon Cainan in the wilderness in the fortieth year of his age; and he met Adam in journeying to the place Shedolamak. He was eighty-seven years old when he received his ordination.
    22.   6 For, behold, I am about to call upon them to give heed to the light and glory of Zion, for the set time has come to favor her.
    23.   3 Now, in relation to this matter, it would be very difficult for one recorder to be present at all times, and to do all the business. To obviate this difficulty, there can be a recorder appointed in each ward of the city, who is well qualified for taking accurate minutes; and let him be very particular and precise in taking the whole proceedings, certifying in his record that he saw with his eyes, and heard with his ears, giving the date, and names, and so forth, and the history of the whole transaction; naming also some three individuals that are present, if there be any present, who can at any time when called upon certify to the same, that in the mouth of two or three awitnesses every word may be established.
    24.   6 Call your asolemn assemblies, and bspeak often one to another. And let every man call upon the name of the Lord.
            •  •  •
        8 Send forth the elders of my church unto the anations which are afar off; unto the bislands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations, first upon the cGentiles, and then upon the Jews.
            •  •  •
        16 Hearken and hear, O ye inhabitants of the earth. aListen, ye elders of my church together, and hear the voice of the Lord; for he calleth upon all men, and he commandeth all men everywhere to brepent.
            •  •  •
        40 Calling upon the name of the Lord day and night, saying: O that thou wouldst arend the heavens, that thou wouldst come down, that the mountains might flow down at thy presence.
    25.   32 Let him that is aignorant blearn cwisdom by dhumbling himself and calling upon the Lord his God, that his eeyes may be opened that he may see, and his ears opened that he may hear;
            •  •  •
        37 Therefore, marvel not at these things, for ye are not yet apure; ye can not yet bear my glory; but ye shall behold it if ye are faithful in keeping all my words that I have bgiven you, from the days of Adam to Abraham, from Abraham to Moses, from Moses to Jesus and his apostles, and from Jesus and his apostles to Joseph Smith, whom I did call upon by mine cangels, my ministering servants, and by mine own voice out of the heavens, to bring forth my work;
    26.   17 And he also gave me commandments when he acalled unto me out of the burning bbush, saying: cCall upon God in the name of mine Only Begotten, and worship me.
        18 And again Moses said: I will not cease to call upon God, I have other things to inquire of him: for his aglory has been upon me, wherefore I can judge between him and thee. bDepart hence, Satan.
            •  •  •
        20 And it came to pass that Moses began to afear exceedingly; and as he began to fear, he saw the bitterness of bhell. Nevertheless, ccalling upon God, he received dstrength, and he commanded, saying: Depart from me, Satan, for this one God only will I worship, which is the God of eglory.
        21 And now Satan began to tremble, and the earth shook; and Moses received strength, and called upon God, saying: In the name of the Only Begotten, adepart hence, bSatan.
            •  •  •
        25 And calling upon the name of God, he beheld his aglory again, for it was upon him; and he heard a bvoice, saying: Blessed art thou, Moses, for I, the Almighty, have cchosen thee, and thou shalt be made stronger than many dwaters; for they shall obey thy ecommand as if thou wert fGod.
            •  •  •
        30 And it came to pass that Moses called upon God, saying: aTell me, I pray thee, why these things are so, and by what thou madest them?
    27.   4 And Adam and Eve, his wife, acalled upon the name of the Lord, and they heard the voice of the Lord from the way toward the Garden of bEden, speaking unto them, and they saw him not; for they were shut out from his cpresence.
            •  •  •
        8 Wherefore, thou shalt do all that thou doest in the aname of the Son, and thou shalt brepent and ccall upon God in the name of the Son forevermore.
            •  •  •
        14 And the Lord God called upon men by the aHoly Ghost everywhere and commanded them that they should repent;
            •  •  •
        16 And Adam and Eve, his wife, ceased not to call upon God. And Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bare aCain, and said: I have gotten a man from the Lord; wherefore he may not reject his words. But behold, Cain bhearkened not, saying: Who is the Lord that I should cknow him?
    28.   1 And Adam hearkened unto the voice of God, and called upon his sons to repent.
            •  •  •
        4 And then began these men to acall upon the name of the Lord, and the Lord blessed them;
        5 And a abook of bremembrance was kept, in the which was recorded, in the clanguage of Adam, for it was given unto as many as called upon God to write by the spirit of dinspiration;
            •  •  •
        23 And they were apreachers of brighteousness, and spake and cprophesied, and called upon all men, everywhere, to repent; and dfaith was etaught unto the children of men.
            •  •  •
        51 And he called upon our father Adam by his own voice, saying: I am God; I amade the world, and bmen cbefore they were in the flesh.
    29.   12 And it came to pass that Enoch continued to call upon all the people, save it were the people of Canaan, to repent;
            •  •  •
        51 And the Lord could not withhold; and he acovenanted with Enoch, and sware unto him with an oath, that he would stay the bfloods; that he would call upon the children of Noah;
    30.   20 And it came to pass that Noah called upon the children of men that they should arepent; but they hearkened not unto his words;
            •  •  •
        26 And the Lord said: I will adestroy man whom I have created, from the face of the earth, both man and beast, and the creeping things, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth Noah that I have created them, and that I have made them; and he hath called upon me; for they have sought his blife.
    31.   20 And I, Abraham, arose from the place of the altar which I had built unto the Lord, and removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of aBethel, and pitched my tent there, Bethel on the west, and bHai on the east; and there I built another caltar unto the Lord, and dcalled again upon the name of the Lord.
    32.   16 But, exerting all my powers to acall upon God to deliver me out of the power of this enemy which had seized upon me, and at the very moment when I was ready to sink into bdespair and abandon myself to destruction—not to an imaginary ruin, but to the power of some actual being from the unseen world, who had such marvelous power as I had never before felt in any being—just at this moment of great alarm, I saw a pillar of clight exactly over my head, above the brightness of the dsun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.
            •  •  •
        30 While I was thus in the act of calling upon God, I discovered a alight appearing in my room, which continued to increase until the room was lighter than at noonday, when immediately a bpersonage appeared at my bedside, standing in the air, for his feet did not touch the floor.
            •  •  •
        68 We still continued the work of translation, when, in the ensuing month (May, 1829), we on a certain day went into the woods to pray and inquire of the Lord respecting abaptism for the bremission of sins, that we found mentioned in the translation of the plates. While we were thus employed, praying and calling upon the Lord, a messenger from heaven descended in a ccloud of light, and having laid his dhands upon us, he eordained us, saying:
     

No comments:

Post a Comment