Friday, April 12, 2013

"Call upon the Lord"

  1.   7 In my adistress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his btemple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
  2.   26 And David built there an aaltar unto the Lord, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings, and called upon the Lord; and he answered him from heaven by bfire upon the altar of burnt offering.
  3.   4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord.
  4.   3 I will call upon the Lord, who is aworthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
          •  •  •
      6 In my adistress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his btemple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
  5.   6 Moses and Aaron among his priests, and Samuel among them that call upon his name; they called upon the Lord, and he answered them.
  6.   5 I called upon the Lord in adistress: the Lord answered me, and set me in a blarge place.
  7.   12 Having gone according to their own carnal wills and desires; having never called upon the Lord while the arms of mercy were extended towards them; for the arms of mercy were extended towards them, and they would anot; they being warned of their iniquities and yet they would not depart from them; and they were commanded to repent and yet they would not repent.
  8.   4 And they would not be baptized; neither would they join the achurch. And they were a separate people as to their faith, and remained so ever after, even in their bcarnal and sinful state; for they would not call upon the Lord their God.
  9.   5 Call upon the Lord, that his kingdom may go forth upon the earth, that the inhabitants thereof may receive it, and be prepared for the days to come, in the which the Son of Man shall acome down in heaven, bclothed in the brightness of his cglory, to meet the dkingdom of God which is set up on the earth.
  10.   32 Let him that is aignorant blearn cwisdom by dhumbling himself and calling upon the Lord his God, that his eeyes may be opened that he may see, and his ears opened that he may hear;
  11.   68 We still continued the work of translation, when, in the ensuing month (May, 1829), we on a certain day went into the woods to pray and inquire of the Lord respecting abaptism for the bremission of sins, that we found mentioned in the translation of the plates. While we were thus employed, praying and calling upon the Lord, a messenger from heaven descended in a ccloud of light, and having laid his dhands upon us, he eordained us, saying:

No comments:

Post a Comment