Monday, September 10, 2012

Translate records

  1. 12 And I say unto thee again: Knowest thou of any one that can translate? For I am desirous that these records should be translated into our language; for, perhaps, they will give us a knowledge of a remnant of the people who have been destroyed, from whence these records came; or, perhaps, they will give us a knowledge of this very people who have been destroyed; and I am desirous to know the cause of their destruction.
    13 Now Ammon said unto him: I can assuredly tell thee, O king, of a man that can atranslate the records; for he has wherewith that he can look, and translate all records that are of ancient date; and it is a gift from God. And the things are called binterpreters, and no man can look in them except he be commanded, lest he should look for that he ought not and he should perish. And whosoever is commanded to look in them, the same is called cseer.
  2. 11 Therefore he took the records which were engraven on the plates of abrass, and also the plates of bNephi, and all the things which he had kept and preserved according to the commandments of God, after having translated and caused to be written the records which were on the cplates of gold which had been found by the people of Limhi, which were delivered to him by the hand of Limhi;
  3. 29 And after having received the record of the Nephites, yea, even my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., might have power to atranslate through the bmercy of God, by the power of God, the cBook of Mormon.
  4. 11 Ask that you may know the mysteries of God, and that you may atranslate and receive knowledge from all those ancient records which have been hid up, that are bsacred; and according to your faith shall it be done unto you.
  5. 1 Behold, I say unto you, my son, that because you did not atranslate according to that which you desired of me, and did commence again to bwrite for my servant, Joseph Smith, Jun., even so I would that ye should continue until you have finished this record, which I have entrusted unto him.
    2 And then, behold, aother brecords have I, that I will give unto you power that you may assist to ctranslate.

No comments:

Post a Comment