Monday, September 24, 2012

"How long"

  1.   3 And Moses and Aaron came in unto Pharaoh, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord God of the Hebrews, How long wilt thou refuse to ahumble thyself before me? let my people go, that they may serve me.
          •  •  •
      7 And Pharaoh’s servants said unto him, How long shall this man be a asnare unto us? let the men go, that they may serve the Lord their God: knowest thou not yet that Egypt is bdestroyed?
  2.   28 And the Lord said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to akeep my commandments and my laws?
  3.   11 ¶ And the Lord said unto Moses, How long will this people aprovoke me? and how long will it be ere they bbelieve me, for all the signs which I have shewed among them?
          •  •  •
      27 How long shall I bear with this evil congregation, which amurmur against me? I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel, which they murmur against me.
  4.   3 And Joshua said unto the children of Israel, How long are ye slack to go to possess the land, which the Lord God of your fathers hath given you?
  5.   14 And Eli said unto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from thee.
  6.   1 And the Lord said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to aJesse the bBeth-lehemite: for I have provided me a cking among his sons.
  7.   26 Then Abner called to Joab, and said, Shall the sword devour for ever? knowest thou not that it will be bitterness in the latter end? how long shall it be then, ere thou bid the people return from following their brethren?
  8.   34 And Barzillai said unto the king, How long have I to live, that I should go up with the king unto Jerusalem?
  9.   21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between atwo opinions? if the Lord be God, bfollow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
  10.   6 And the king said unto me, (the queen also sitting by him,) For how long shall thy journey be? and when wilt thou return? So it pleased the king to send me; and I set him a time.
  11.   19 How long wilt thou not depart from me, nor let me alone till I swallow down my spittle?
  12.   2 How long wilt thou speak these things? and how long shall the words of thy mouth be like a strong wind?
  13.   2 How long will it be ere ye make an end of words? mark, and afterwards we will speak.
  14.   2 How long will ye vex my soul, and break me in pieces with words?
  15.   2 O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into ashame? how long will ye love bvanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.
  16.   3 My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord, how long?
  17.   1 How long wilt thou aforget me, O Lord? for ever? how long wilt thou bhide thy face from me?
      2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having asorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
  18.   17 Lord, how along wilt thou look on? rescue my soul from their destructions, my bdarling from the lions.
  19.   3 How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence.
  20.   9 We see not our signs: there is ano more any bprophet: neither is there among us any that knoweth how long.
      10 O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? shall the enemy ablaspheme thy name for ever?
  21.   5 How long, Lord? wilt thou be aangry for ever? shall thy jealousy burn like fire?
  22.   4 O Lord God of hosts, how long wilt thou be angry against the prayer of thy people?
  23.   2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the apersons of the wicked? Selah.
  24.   46 How long, Lord? wilt thou hide thyself for ever? shall thy wrath burn like fire?
  25.   13 Return, O Lord, how long? and alet it repent thee concerning thy servants.
  26.   3 Lord, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked atriumph?
      4 How long shall they utter and speak hard things? and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves?
  27.   22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their ascorning, and fools bhate cknowledge?
  28.   9 How long wilt thou asleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
  29.   11 Then said I, Lord, ahow long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,
  30.   14 O Jerusalem, awash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?
          •  •  •
      21 How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?
  31.   4 How long shall the land mourn, and the herbs of every field wither, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein? the beasts are consumed, and the birds; because they said, He shall not see our last end.
  32.   26 How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;
  33.   22 ¶ How long wilt thou go about, O thou abacksliding daughter? for the Lord hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.
  34.   5 Baldness is come upon Gaza; Ashkelon is cut off with the remnant of their valley: how long wilt thou cut thyself?
      6 O thou sword of the Lord, how long will it be ere thou be quiet? put up thyself into thy scabbard, rest, and be still.
  35.   13 ¶ Then I heard one asaint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
  36.   6 And one said to the man aclothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?
  37.   5 ¶ Thy acalf, O Samaria, hath cast thee off; mine anger is kindled against them: how long will it be bere they attain to innocency?
  38.   2 O Lord, ahow long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! even cry out unto thee of bviolence, and thou wilt not save!
  39.   6 Shall not all these take up a parable against him, and a taunting proverb against him, and say, Woe to him that increaseth that which is not his! how long? and to him that ladeth himself with thick clay!
  40.   12 ¶ Then the angel of the Lord answered and said, O Lord of hosts, how long wilt thou not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Judah, against which thou hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?
  41.   17 Then Jesus answered and said, O afaithless and bperverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
  42.   19 He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.
          •  •  •
      21 And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.
  43.   41 And Jesus answering said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you, and suffer you? Bring thy son hither.
  44.   24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to adoubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
  45.   10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and aavenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
  46.   11 Then said I: Lord, how long? And he said: Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate;
  47.   20 O how marvelous are the works of the Lord, and how long doth he suffer with his people; yea, and how ablind and impenetrable are the understandings of the children of men; for they will not seek wisdom, neither do they desire that she should rule over them!
  48.   26 And Alma cried, saying: How long shall we suffer these great aafflictions, O Lord? O Lord, bgive us strength according to our faith which is in Christ, even unto cdeliverance. And they broke the cords with which they were bound; and when the people saw this, they began to flee, for the fear of destruction had come upon them.
  49.   26 And he lifted up his voice to heaven, and acried, saying: O, how long, O Lord, wilt thou suffer that thy servants shall dwell here below in the flesh, to behold such gross wickedness among the children of men?
          •  •  •
      30 O Lord God, how long wilt thou suffer that such wickedness and infidelity shall be among this people? O Lord, wilt thou give me strength, that I may abear with mine infirmities. For I am infirm, and such wickedness among this people doth pain my soul.
  50.   21 But Nephi said unto them: O ye afools, ye uncircumcised of heart, ye blind, and ye bstiffnecked people, do ye know how long the Lord your God will suffer you that ye shall go on in this your way of sin?
    1. Hel. 13: 29
        29 O ye wicked and ye perverse generation; ye hardened and ye astiffnecked people, how long will ye suppose that the Lord will suffer you? Yea, how long will ye suffer yourselves to be led by bfoolish and cblind guides? Yea, how long will ye dchoose darkness rather than elight?
    2.   5 Behold, my father hath made athis record, and he hath written the intent thereof. And behold, I would write it also if I had room upon the bplates, but I have not; and ore I have none, for I am alone. My father hath been slain in battle, and all my kinsfolk, and I have not friends nor whither to go; and chow long the Lord will suffer that I may live I know not.
    3.   49 O Lord, ahow long wilt thou suffer this people to bear this affliction, and the bcries of their innocent ones to ascend up in thine ears, and their cblood come up in testimony before thee, and not make a display of thy testimony in their behalf?
    4.   2 aHow long shall thy hand be stayed, and thine eye, yea thy pure eye, behold from the eternal heavens the wrongs of thy people and of thy servants, and thine ear be penetrated with their cries?
        3 Yea, O Lord, ahow long shall they suffer these wrongs and unlawful boppressions, before thine heart shall be softened toward them, and thy bowels be moved with ccompassion toward them?
            •  •  •
        33 How long can rolling waters remain impure? What apower shall stay the heavens? As well might man stretch forth his puny arm to stop the Missouri river in its decreed course, or to turn it up stream, as to bhinder the cAlmighty from pouring down dknowledge from heaven upon the heads of the Latter-day Saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment