Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"O King"

  1. 19 But he himself turned again from the quarries that were by Gilgal, and said, I have a secret aerrand unto thee, O king: who said, Keep silence. And all that stood by him went out from him.
  2. 55 ¶ And when Saul saw David go forth against the Philistine, he said unto Abner, the captain of the host, aAbner, whose son is this youth? And Abner said, As thy soul liveth, O king, I cannot tell.
  3. 20 Now therefore, O king, come down according to all the desire of thy soul to come down; and our part shall be to deliver him into the king’s hand.
  4. 17 And Saul knew David’s voice, and said, Is this thy voice, my son David? And David said, It is my voice, my lord, O king.
  5. 4 ¶ And when the woman of Tekoah spake to the king, she fell on her face to the ground, and did obeisance, and said, Help, O king.
    • • •
    9 And the woman of Tekoah said unto the king, My lord, O king, the iniquity be on me, and on my father’s house: and the king and his throne be guiltless.
    • • •
    22 And Joab fell to the ground on his face, and bowed himself, and athanked the king: and Joab said, To day thy servant knoweth that I have found grace in thy sight, my lord, O king, in that the king hath fulfilled the request of his servant.
  6. 34 But if thou return to the city, and say unto Absalom, I will be thy servant, O king; as I have been thy father’s servant hitherto, so will I now also be thy servant: then mayest thou for me defeat the counsel of Ahithophel.
  7. 4 Then said the king to Ziba, Behold, thine are all that pertained unto Mephibosheth. And Ziba said, I humbly beseech thee that I may find grace in thy sight, my lord, O king.
  8. 26 And he answered, My lord, O king, my aservant deceived me: for thy servant said, I will saddle me an ass, that I may ride thereon, and go to the king; because thy servant is lame.
  9. 13 Go and get thee in unto king David, and say unto him, Didst not thou, my lord, O king, swear unto thine handmaid, saying, Assuredly aSolomon thy son shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne? why then doth Adonijah reign?
    • • •
    20 And thou, my lord, O king, the eyes of all Israel are upon thee, that thou shouldest tell them who shall sit on the throne of my lord the king after him.
    • • •
    24 And Nathan said, My lord, O king, hast thou said, Adonijah shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne?
  10. 4 And the king of Israel answered and said, My lord, O king, according to thy saying, I am thine, and all that I have.
  11. 12 And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.
    • • •
    26 And as the king of Israel was passing by upon the wall, there cried a woman unto him, saying, Help, my lord, O king.
  12. 5 And it came to pass, as he was telling the king how he had restored a dead body to life, that, behold, the woman, whose son he had restored to life, cried to the king for her house and for her land. And Gehazi said, My lord, O king, this is the woman, and this is her son, whom Elisha restored to life.
  13. 7 But there came a man of God to him, saying, O king, let not the army of Israel go with thee; for the Lord is not with Israel, to wit, with all the children of Ephraim.
  14. 3 Then Esther the queen answered and said, If I have found favour in thy sight, O king, and if it please the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request:
  15. 1 I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever.
  16. 7 Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the awise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none blike unto thee.
  17. 2 And say, Hear the word of the Lord, O king of Judah, that sittest upon the throne of David, thou, and thy servants, and thy people that enter in by these gates:
  18. 4 Yet hear the word of the Lord, O Zedekiah king of Judah; Thus saith the Lord of thee, Thou shalt not die by the sword:
  19. 4 Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in aSyriack, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will bshew the interpretation,
    • • •
    29 As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that arevealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass.
    • • •
    31 ¶ Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great aimage. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and bthe form thereof was terrible.
    • • •
    37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a akingdom, power, and strength, and glory.
  20. 9 They spake and said to the king Nebuchadnezzar, O king, live for ever.
    10 Thou, O king, hast made a decree, that every man that shall hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, shall fall down and worship the golden image:
    • • •
    12 There are certain Jews whom thou hast aset over the affairs of the province of Babylon, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego; these men, O king, have not regarded thee: they serve not thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
    • • •
    17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to adeliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
    18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not aserve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
    • • •
    24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
  21. 22 It is thou, O king, that art grown and become strong: for thy greatness is grown, and reacheth unto heaven, and thy adominion to the end of the earth.
    • • •
    24 This is the interpretation, O king, and this is the decree of the most High, which is come upon my lord the king:
    • • •
    27 Wherefore, O king, let my counsel be acceptable unto thee, and break off thy sins by righteousness, and thine iniquities by shewing amercy to the poor; bif it may be a lengthening of thy tranquillity.
    • • •
    31 While the word was in the king’s mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, saying, O king Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken; The kingdom is adeparted from thee.
  22. 10 ¶ Now the queen, by reason of the words of the king and his lords, came into the banquet house: and the queen spake and said, O king, live for ever: let not thy thoughts trouble thee, nor let thy countenance be changed:
    • • •
    18 O thou king, the most high God gave Nebuchadnezzar thy father a kingdom, and majesty, and glory, and honour:
  23. 7 All the presidents of the kingdom, the governors, and the princes, the counsellors, and the captains, have consulted together to establish a royal statute, and to make a firm decree, that whosoever shall ask a petition of any God or man for thirty days, save of thee, O king, he shall be acast into the den of lions.
    8 Now, O king, establish the decree, and sign the writing, that it be not changed, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which aaltereth not.
    • • •
    12 Then they came near, and spake before the king concerning the king’s decree; Hast thou not signed a decree, that every man that shall ask a petition of any God or man within thirty days, save of thee, O king, shall be cast into the den of lions? The king answered and said, The thing is true, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which altereth not.
    13 Then answered they and said before the king, That aDaniel, which is of the children of the captivity of Judah, regardeth not thee, O king, nor the decree that thou hast signed, but maketh his petition three times a day.
    • • •
    15 Then these men assembled unto the king, and said unto the king, Know, O king, that the law of the Medes and Persians is, That no decree nor statute which the king establisheth may be changed.
    • • •
    21 Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever.
    22 My God hath sent his aangel, and hath shut the blions’ mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.
  24. 18 Thy shepherds slumber, O king of Assyria: thy nobles shall dwell in the dust: thy people is scattered upon the mountains, and no man gathereth them.
  25. 26 Of whom I have no certain thing to write unto my lord. Wherefore I have brought him forth before you, and specially before thee, O king Agrippa, that, after examination had, I might have somewhat to write.
  26. 13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a alight from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.
    • • •
    19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not adisobedient unto the heavenly bvision:
  27. 12 And now, when Ammon saw that he was permitted to speak, he went forth and abowed himself before the king; and rising again he said: O king, I am very thankful before God this day that I am yet alive, and am permitted to speak; and I will endeavor to speak with boldness;
  28. 13 Now Ammon said unto him: I can assuredly tell thee, O king, of a man that can atranslate the records; for he has wherewith that he can look, and translate all records that are of ancient date; and it is a gift from God. And the things are called binterpreters, and no man can look in them except he be commanded, lest he should look for that he ought not and he should perish. And whosoever is commanded to look in them, the same is called cseer.
  29. 13 And now, O king, what great evil hast thou done, or what great sins have thy people committed, that we should be acondemned of God or judged of this man?
    14 And now, O king, behold, we are aguiltless, and thou, O king, hast not sinned; therefore, this man has blied concerning you, and he has prophesied in vain.
  30. 3 Now it came to pass that aGideon went forth and stood before the king, and said unto him: Now O king, thou hast hitherto hearkened unto my words many times when we have been contending with our brethren, the Lamanites.
    4 And now O king, if thou hast not found me to be an unprofitable servant, or if thou hast hitherto listened to my words in any degree, and they have been of service to thee, even so I desire that thou wouldst listen to my words at this time, and I will be thy servant and deliver this people out of bondage.
  31. 3 And they answered the king, and said: Whether he be the Great Spirit or a man, we know not; but this much we do know, that he acannot be slain by the enemies of the king; neither can they bscatter the king’s flocks when he is with us, because of his expertness and cgreat strength; therefore, we know that he is a friend to the king. And now, O king, we do not believe that a man has such great power, for we know he cannot be slain.
    • • •
    14 Therefore Ammon turned himself unto the king, and said unto him: What wilt thou that I should do for thee, O king? And the king answered him not for the space of an ahour, according to their time, for he knew not what he should say unto him.
  32. 2 And it came to pass that he went in unto him into the king’s palace, with his brethren, and bowed himself before the king, and said unto him: Behold, O king, we are the brethren of Ammon, whom thou hast adelivered out of bprison.
    3 And now, O king, if thou wilt spare our lives, we will be thy servants. And the king said unto them: Arise, for I will grant unto you your lives, and I will not suffer that ye shall be my servants; but I will insist that ye shall administer unto me; for I have been somewhat atroubled in mind because of the bgenerosity and the greatness of the words of thy brother Ammon; and I desire to know the cause why he has not come up out of Middoni with thee.
    • • •
    8 And now when Aaron heard this, his heart began to rejoice, and he said: Behold, assuredly as thou livest, O king, there is a God.

No comments:

Post a Comment