Sunday, September 9, 2012

"Any one"

  1. 27 ¶ And if any one of the common people sin through aignorance, while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments of the Lord concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty;
  2. 30 Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable acustoms, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the Lord your God.
  3. 10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter ato pass through the bfire, or that useth cdivination, or an observer of times, or an denchanter, or a witch,
  4. 10 ¶ If he beget a son that is a robber, a shedder of blood, and that doeth the like to any one of these things,
  5. 19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and aunderstandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and bcatcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
  6. 17 Now my father, Lehi, had said many things unto them, and also unto the sons of aIshmael; but, behold, they did breathe out much threatenings against anyone that should speak for me; and my parents being bstricken in years, and having csuffered much grief because of their dchildren, they were brought down, yea, even upon their sick-beds.
  7. 12 And I say unto thee again: Knowest thou of any one that can translate? For I am desirous that these records should be translated into our language; for, perhaps, they will give us a knowledge of a remnant of the people who have been destroyed, from whence these records came; or, perhaps, they will give us a knowledge of this very people who have been destroyed; and I am desirous to know the cause of their destruction.
  8. 2 Behold, we have not come out to battle against you that we might shed your blood for power; neither do we desire to bring any one to the ayoke of bondage. But this is the bvery cause for which ye have come against us; yea, and ye are angry with us because of our religion.
  9. 22 Now there was no lawyer nor judge nor high priest that could have power to condemn any one to death save their condemnation was signed by the governor of the land.
  10. 28 And now behold, this is the commandment which I give unto you, that ye shall not suffer any one knowingly to apartake of my flesh and blood bunworthily, when ye shall minister it;
  11. 11 Again I say unto you, that it shall not be given to any one to go forth to apreach my gospel, or to build up my church, except he be bordained by some one who has cauthority, and it is known to the church that he has authority and has been regularly ordained by the heads of the church.
    • • •
    91 And if any one offend aopenly, he or she shall be rebuked openly, that he or she may be bashamed. And if he or she confess not, he or she shall be delivered up unto the law of God.
  12. 3 Nevertheless ye are commanded never to acast any one out from your public bmeetings, which are held before the world.
    4 Ye are also commanded not to cast any one who belongeth to the church out of your sacrament meetings; nevertheless, if any have trespassed, let him anot bpartake until he makes reconciliation.
  13. 8 Voted: that whenever any vacancy shall occur by the death, removal from office for transgression, or removal from the bounds of this church government, of any one of the above-named councilors, it shall be filled by the nomination of the apresident or presidents, and sanctioned by the voice of a general council of high priests, convened for that purpose, to act in the name of the church.
    • • •
    20 But should the remaining councilors, who have not spoken, or any one of them, after hearing the evidences and pleadings impartially, discover an aerror in the decision of the president, they can manifest it, and the case shall have a re-hearing.
  14. 64 And the aavails of the sacred things shall be had in the treasury, and a seal shall be upon it; and it shall not be used or taken out of the treasury by any one, neither shall the seal be loosed which shall be placed upon it, only by the voice of the order, or by commandment.
  15. 64 And they shall not receive less than fifty dollars for a share of stock in that house, and they shall be permitted to receive fifteen thousand dollars from any one man for stock in that house.
    65 But they shall not be permitted to receive over fifteen thousand dollars stock from any one man.
    66 And they shall not be permitted to receive under fifty dollars for a share of stock from any one man in that house.
  16. 48 And again, verily I say unto you, my servant Joseph, that whatsoever you give on earth, and to whomsoever you agive any one on earth, by my word and according to my law, it shall be visited with blessings and not cursings, and with my power, saith the Lord, and shall be without condemnation on earth and in heaven.
  17. 10 In the midst of this war of words and tumult of opinions, I often said to myself: What is to be done? Who of all these parties are right; or, are they all wrong together? If any one of them be aright, which is it, and how shall I know it?
    • • •
    28 During the space of time which intervened between the time I had the vision and the year eighteen hundred and twenty-three—having been forbidden to join any of the religious sects of the day, and being of very tender years, and persecuted by those who ought to have been my afriends and to have treated me kindly, and if they supposed me to be deluded to have endeavored in a proper and affectionate manner to have reclaimed me—I was left to all kinds of btemptations; and, mingling with all kinds of society, I frequently fell into many foolish cerrors, and displayed the weakness of youth, and the foibles of human nature; which, I am sorry to say, led me into divers temptations, offensive in the sight of God. In making this confession, no one need suppose me guilty of any great or malignant sins. A disposition to commit such was never in my nature. But I was guilty of dlevity, and sometimes associated with jovial company, etc., not consistent with that character which ought to be maintained by one who was ecalled of God as I had been. But this will not seem very strange to any one who recollects my youth, and is acquainted with my native fcheery temperament.

No comments:

Post a Comment