Monday, September 10, 2012

"This very"

  1. 27 And it came to pass at the time of the going down of the sun, that Joshua commanded, and they took them down off the trees, and cast them into the cave wherein they had been hid, and laid great stones in the cave’s mouth, which remain until this very day.
  2. 3 And he said unto me, Son of man, I asend thee to the children of Israel, to a brebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day.
  3. 22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.
  4. 6 aFor for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God’s ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
  5. 6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will aperform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
  6. 12 And I say unto thee again: Knowest thou of any one that can translate? For I am desirous that these records should be translated into our language; for, perhaps, they will give us a knowledge of a remnant of the people who have been destroyed, from whence these records came; or, perhaps, they will give us a knowledge of this very people who have been destroyed; and I am desirous to know the cause of their destruction.
  7. 18 For this very cause has king Laman, by his acunning, and lying craftiness, and his fair promises, deceived me, that I have brought this my people up into this land, that they may destroy them; yea, and we have suffered these many years in the land.
  8. 10 And these are the words: Behold, I perceive that this very people, the Nephites, according to the spirit of revelation which is in me, in afour hundred years from the time that Jesus Christ shall manifest himself unto them, shall dwindle in bunbelief.
  9. 19 And for this very apurpose are these bplates cpreserved, which contain these records—that the dpromises of the Lord might be fulfilled, which he made to his epeople;
  10. 75 And this revelation unto you, and commandment, is in force from this very hour upon all the aworld, and the gospel is unto all who have not received it.
  11. 44 A certain anobleman had a spot of land, very choice; and he said unto his servants: Go ye unto my bvineyard, even upon this very choice piece of land, and plant twelve olive-trees;
    • • •
    80 And for this purpose have I established the aConstitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose, and redeemed the land by the bshedding of blood.
  12. 5 But verily I say unto you, that I have decreed a decree which my people shall arealize, inasmuch as they hearken from this very hour unto the bcounsel which I, the Lord their God, shall give unto them.
    6 Behold they shall, for I have decreed it, begin to aprevail against mine benemies from this very hour.
  13. 10 And I now give unto you power from this very hour, that if any man among you, of the order, is found a transgressor and repenteth not of the evil, that ye shall adeliver him over unto the buffetings of Satan; and he shall not have power to bbring evil upon you.
    • • •
    63 And I give it unto you from this very hour; and now see to it, that ye go to and make use of the stewardship which I have appointed unto you, exclusive of the sacred things, for the purpose of printing these sacred things as I have said.
  14. 6 And further, I want you to remember that John the Revelator was contemplating this very subject in relation to the dead, when he declared, as you will find recorded in Revelation 20:12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged out of those things which were awritten in the books, according to their works.

No comments:

Post a Comment