Sunday, June 9, 2013

"But little"

  1.   16 ¶ And they journeyed from Beth-el; and there was but a little way to come to Ephrath: and Rachel travailed, and she had hard labour.
  2.   7 And as for me, when I came from Padan, aRachel died by me in the land of Canaan in the way, when yet there was but a little way to come unto Ephrath: and I buried her there in the way of Ephrath; the same is Beth-lehem.
  3.   31 But your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, them will I bring in, and they shall know the land which ye have despised.
  4.   38 Thou shalt carry much aseed out into the field, and shalt gather but little in; for the locust shall consume it.
  5.   7 And now, O Lord my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a alittle child: I know not how to go out or come in.
  6.   14 Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?
  7.   12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. aBlessed are all they that put their btrust in him.
  8.   4 It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother’s house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me.
  9.   18 The apeople of thy holiness have possessed it but a little while: our adversaries have btrodden down thy sanctuary.
  10.   15 And I am very sore displeased with the heathen that are at ease: for I was but a little displeased, and they helped forward the affliction.
  11.   1 Now behold, it came to pass that I, Jacob, having ministered much unto my people in word, (and I cannot write but a alittle of my words, because of the bdifficulty of engraving our words upon plates) and we know that the things which we write upon plates must remain;
  12.   27 And again Alma commanded that the people of the church should impart of their substance, aevery one according to that which he had; if he have more abundantly he should impart more abundantly; and of him that had but little, but little should be required; and to him that had not should be given.
  13.   5 But behold, this did profit us but little; for the Lamanites were also receiving great strength from day to day, and also many provisions; and thus were our circumstances at this period of time.
  14.   7 And there being but little timber upon the face of the land, nevertheless the people who went forth became exceedingly aexpert in the working of cement; therefore they did build houses of cement, in the which they did dwell.
  15.   12 And there was but little alteration in the affairs of the people, save it were the people began to be more hardened in iniquity, and do more and more of that which was acontrary to the commandments of God, in the eighty and ninth year of the reign of the judges.
  16.   24 And thou hast made us that we could write but little, because of the aawkwardness of our hands. Behold, thou hast not made us mighty in bwriting like unto the brother of Jared, for thou madest him that the things which he cwrote were mighty even as thou art, unto the overpowering of man to read them.
  17.   12 But little achildren are alive in Christ, even from the foundation of the world; if not so, God is a partial God, and also a changeable God, and a brespecter to persons; for how many little children have died without baptism!
  18.   7 But little achildren are bholy, being csanctified through the datonement of Jesus Christ; and this is what the scriptures mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment