Tuesday, May 7, 2013

By death

  1.   19 This spake he, signifying by what adeath he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.
  2.   10 For if, when we were enemies, we were areconciled to God by the bdeath of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
  3.   20 According to my earnest expectation and my ahope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be bmagnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
  4.   20 And now,
  5.   8 Voted: that whenever any vacancy shall occur by the death, removal from office for transgression, or removal from the bounds of this church government, of any one of the above-named councilors, it shall be filled by the nomination of the apresident or presidents, and sanctioned by the voice of a general council of high priests, convened for that purpose, to act in the name of the church.
  6.   56 In the year 1823 my father’s family met with a great aaffliction by the death of my eldest brother, bAlvin. In the month of October, 1825, I hired with an old gentleman by the name of Josiah Stoal, who lived in Chenango county, State of New York. He had heard something of a silver mine having been opened by the Spaniards in Harmony, Susquehanna county, State of Pennsylvania; and had, previous to my hiring to him, been digging, in order, if possible, to discover the mine. After I went to live with him, he took me, with the rest of his hands, to dig for the silver mine, at which I continued to work for nearly a month, without success in our undertaking, and finally I prevailed with the old gentleman to cease digging after it. Hence arose the very prevalent story of my having been a money-digger.

No comments:

Post a Comment