Saturday, December 1, 2012

While they were (form)


  1.   11 Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, hath turned my wrath away from the children of Israel, while he was zealous for my sake among them, that I consumed not the children of Israel in my ajealousy.

  2.   27 For I know thy arebellion, and thy bstiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death?

  3.   7 And now I have heard that thou hast shearers: now thy shepherds which were with us, we hurt them not, neither was there ought missing unto them, all the while they were in Carmel.
          •  •  •

      16 They were a wall unto us both by night and day, all the while we were with them keeping the sheep.

  4.   6 ¶ And it came to pass, while there was war between the house of Saul and the house of David, that aAbner made himself strong for the house of Saul.
          •  •  •

      35 And when all the people came to cause David to eat meat while it was yet day, David sware, saying, So do God to me, and more also, if I taste bread, or ought else, till the sun be down.

  5.   21 Then said his servants unto him, What thing is this that thou hast done? thou didst afast and weep for the child, while it was alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread.

  6.   30 ¶ And it came to pass, while they were in the way, that tidings came to David, saying, Absalom hath slain all the king’s sons, and there is not one of them left.

  7.   2 And I will come upon him while he is weary and weak handed, and will make him afraid: and all the people that are with him shall flee; and I will smite the king only:

  8.   14 Then said Joab, I may not tarry thus with thee. And he took three darts in his hand, and thrust them through the heart of Absalom, while he was yet alive in the midst of the oak.

  9.   7 And the house, when it was in building, was built of astone made ready before it was brought thither: so that there was neither hammer nor axe nor any tool of iron heard in the house, while it was in building.

  10.   19 Then Uzziah was wroth, and had a censer in his hand to burn incense: and while he was wroth with the priests, the leprosy even rose up in his forehead before the priests in the house of the Lord, from beside the incense altar.

  11.   3 ¶ For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet young, he began to aseek after the God of David his father: and in the twelfth year he began to bpurge Judah and Jerusalem from the high places, and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images.

  12.   14 And while they were yet talking with him, came the king’s chamberlains, and hasted to bring Haman unto the abanquet that Esther had prepared.

  13.   16 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

      17 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The aChaldeans made out three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

      18 While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy asons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother’s house:

  14.   23 When he is about to fill his belly, God shall cast the fury of his wrath upon him, and shall rain it upon him while he is eating.

  15.   24 They are exalted for a alittle while, but are gone and brought blow; they are taken out of the way as all other, and cut off as the ctops of the ears of corn.

  16.   2 Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.

  17.   3 My heart was ahot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,

  18.   18 aChasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.

  19.   15 She ariseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

  20.   4 And the glorious beauty, which is on the head of the fat valley, shall be a fading flower, and as the ahasty fruit before the summer; which when he that looketh upon it seeth, while it is yet in his hand he eateth it up.

  21.   6 ¶ aSeek ye the bLord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

  22.   24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will aanswer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

  23.   9 She that hath borne seven languisheth: she hath given up the ghost; her sun is gone down while it was yet day: she hath been ashamed and confounded: and the residue of them will I deliver to the sword before their enemies, saith the Lord.

  24.   1 Moreover the word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah the second time, while he was yet shut up in the court of the prison, saying,

  25.   15 ¶ Now the word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah, while he was shut up in the court of the prison, saying,

  26.   5 Now while he was not yet gone back, he said, Go back also to aGedaliah the son of Ahikam the son of Shaphan, whom the king of Babylon hath made governor over the cities of Judah, and dwell with him among the people: or go wheresoever it seemeth convenient unto thee to go. So the captain of the guard gave him bvictuals and a reward, and let him go.

  27.   8 ¶ And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord God! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?

  28.   10 For while they be folden together as thorns, and while they are drunken as drunkards, they shall be devoured as astubble fully dry.

  29.   63 Saying, Sir, we remember that that adeceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.

  30.   6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.

  31.   44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be afulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

  32.   7 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.

  33.   33 Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me.

  34.   4 I must awork the bworks of him that sent me, cwhile it is dday: the enight cometh, when no man can work.

  35.   35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the alight with you. Walk while ye have the blight, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in cdarkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

  36.   33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall aseek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

  37.   12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and anone of them is blost, but the son of cperdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

  38.   39 Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them.

  39.   1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper acoasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

  40.   8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet asinners, bChrist died for us.

  41.   13 But aexhort one another daily, while it is called bTo day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
          •  •  •

      15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, aharden not your hearts, as in the bprovocation.

  42.   30 And now I make an end of speaking concerning the things which I saw while I was acarried away in the spirit; and if all the things which I saw are not written, the things which I have written are btrue. And thus it is. Amen.

  43.   15 Wherefore, for this cause, that my acovenants may be fulfilled which I have made unto the children of men, that I will do unto them while they are in the flesh, I must needs destroy the bsecret works of cdarkness, and of murders, and of abominations.
          •  •  •

      17 For I will afulfil my bpromises which I have made unto the children of men, that I will do unto them while they are in the flesh—

  44.   10 And while I was thus struggling in the spirit, behold, the voice of the Lord came into my amind again, saying: I will visit thy brethren according to their diligence in keeping my commandments. I have bgiven unto them this land, and it is a holy land; and I ccurse it not save it be for the cause of iniquity; wherefore, I will visit thy brethren according as I have said; and their dtransgressions will I bring down with sorrow upon their own heads.

  45.   16 And it came to pass that the Lamanites began to come in upon his people, upon small numbers, and to slay them in their fields, and while they were tending their flocks.

  46.   25 For behold, it came to pass that while they were in the land of Helam, yea, in the city of Helam, while tilling the land round about, behold an army of the Lamanites was in the borders of the land.

  47.   14 And I will also ease the aburdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as bwitnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their cafflictions.

  48.   10 And now it came to pass that while he was going about to adestroy the church of God, for he did go about secretly with the sons of Mosiah seeking to destroy the church, and to lead astray the people of the Lord, contrary to the commandments of God, or even the king—

  49.   13 Now this was a great cause for lamentations among the people, while others were abasing themselves, succoring those who stood in need of their succor, such as imparting their substance to the apoor and the needy, feeding the hungry, and suffering all manner of bafflictions, for Christ’s csake, who should come according to the spirit of prophecy;

  50.   14 And it came to pass that while he was journeying thither, being weighed down with sorrow, wading through much atribulation and anguish of soul, because of the wickedness of the people who were in the city of Ammonihah, it came to pass while Alma was thus weighed down with sorrow, behold an bangel of the Lord appeared unto him, saying:
    1.   28 And thus the contention began to be exceedingly sharp among them. And while they were thus contending, the awoman servant who had caused the multitude to be gathered together came, and when she saw the contention which was among the multitude she was exceedingly sorrowful, even unto tears.
    2.   27 Behold, O God, they acry unto thee, and yet their hearts are swallowed up in their pride. Behold, O God, they cry unto thee with their mouths, while they are bpuffed up, even to greatness, with the vain things of the cworld.
    3.   17 And it came to pass that as I was thus aracked with torment, while I was bharrowed up by the cmemory of my many sins, behold, I dremembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.
    4.   22 Behold, it came to pass that while aMoroni was thus breaking down the wars and contentions among his own people, and subjecting them to peace and civilization, and making regulations to prepare for war against the Lamanites, behold, the Lamanites had come into the land of Moroni, which was in the borders by the seashore.
    5.   17 And it came to pass that Teancum made preparations to make an attack upon the city of Mulek, and march forth with his army against the Lamanites; but he saw that it was impossible that he could overpower them while they were in their fortifications; therefore he abandoned his designs and returned again to the city Bountiful, to wait for the coming of Moroni, that he might receive strength to his army.
            •  •  •
        24 And it came to pass that when the Lamanites saw that he began to flee, they took courage and pursued them with vigor. And while Teancum was thus leading away the Lamanites who were pursuing them in vain, behold, Moroni commanded that a part of his army who were with him should march forth into the city, and take possession of it.
    6.   26 And now, their apreservation was astonishing to our whole army, yea, that they should be spared while there was a thousand of our brethren who were slain. And we do justly ascribe it to the miraculous bpower of God, because of their exceeding cfaith in that which they had been taught to believe—that there was a just God, and whosoever did not doubt, that they should be preserved by his marvelous power.
    7.   5 And it came to pass that while Moroni was thus making preparations to go against the Lamanites to battle, behold, the people of aNephihah, who were gathered together from the city of Moroni and the city of Lehi and the city of Morianton, were attacked by the Lamanites.
    8.   7 Can you think to sit upon your thrones in a state of thoughtless astupor, while your enemies are spreading the work of death around you? Yea, while they are murdering thousands of your brethren—
            •  •  •
        22 Yea, will ye sit in idleness while ye are surrounded with thousands of those, yea, and tens of thousands, who do also sit in idleness, while there are thousands round about in the borders of the land who are falling by the sword, yea, wounded and bleeding?
    9.   39 And there were some of the Nephites who believed on the words of Nephi; and there were some also, who believed because of the testimony of the five, for they had been converted while they were in prison.
    10.   3 And it came to pass that while they were thus conversing one with another, they heard a avoice as if it came out of heaven; and they cast their eyes round about, for they understood not the voice which they heard; and it was not a harsh voice, neither was it a loud voice; nevertheless, and notwithstanding it being a bsmall voice it did cpierce them that did hear to the center, insomuch that there was no part of their frame that it did not cause to quake; yea, it did pierce them to the very soul, and did cause their hearts to burn.
    11.   25 aAgree with thine adversary quickly while thou art in the way with him, lest at any time he shall get thee, and thou shalt be cast into prison.
        26 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, thou shalt by no means come out thence until thou hast paid the uttermost senine. And while ye are in prison can ye pay even one asenine? Verily, verily, I say unto you, Nay.
    12.   2 And while they were gone for bread and wine, he commanded the multitude that they should sit themselves down upon the earth.
            •  •  •
        39 And while they were overshadowed he adeparted from them, and ascended into heaven. And the Disciples saw and did bear record that he ascended again into heaven.
    13.   2 And it came to pass that the armies of the Nephites were driven back again to the land of Desolation. And while they were yet weary, a fresh army of the Lamanites did come upon them; and they had a sore battle, insomuch that the Lamanites did take possession of the acity Desolation, and did slay many of the Nephites, and did take many prisoners.
    14.   8 And it came to pass that the wind did never cease to blow towards the promised land while they were upon the waters; and thus they were adriven forth before the wind.
    15.   7 And it came to pass that Kib dwelt in acaptivity, and his people under Corihor his son, until he became exceedingly old; nevertheless Kib begat Shule in his old age, while he was yet in captivity.
    16.   6 And thou shalt go with him at the time of his going, and be unto him for a scribe, while there is no one to be a scribe for him, that I may send my servant, Oliver Cowdery, whithersoever I will.
    17.   6 Hearken, O ye people of my church, and ye elders listen together, and hear my voice while it is called atoday, and harden not your hearts;
    18.   25 Wherefore, if ye believe me, ye will labor while it is called atoday.
    19.   15 For while we were doing the work of atranslation, which the Lord had appointed unto us, we came to the twenty-ninth verse of the fifth chapter of John, which was given unto us as follows—
            •  •  •
        28 And while we were yet in the Spirit, the Lord commanded us that we should write the vision; for we beheld Satan, that old aserpent, even the bdevil, who rebelled against God, and sought to take the kingdom of our cGod and his Christ—
            •  •  •
        80 And now this is the end of the avision which we saw of the terrestrial, that the Lord commanded us to bwrite while we were yet in the Spirit.
            •  •  •
        113 This is the end of the vision which we saw, which we were commanded to write while we were yet in the Spirit.
            •  •  •
        115 Which he commanded us we should not write while we were yet in the Spirit, and are not alawful for man to utter;
    20.   28 For he was baptized while he was yet in his childhood, and was aordained by the angel of God at the time he was beight days old unto this power, to overthrow the kingdom of the Jews, and to cmake straight the way of the Lord before the face of his people, to prepare them for the dcoming of the Lord, in whose hand is given eall power.
    21.   62 And again, verily I say unto you, my afriends, I leave these bsayings with you to cponder in your hearts, with this commandment which I give unto you, that ye shall dcall upon me while I am near—
    22.   3 Verily I say unto you, the keys of this akingdom shall bnever be taken from you, while thou art in the world, neither in the world to come;
    23.   47 And while they were yet laying the foundation thereof, they began to say among themselves: And what need hath my lord of this tower?
            •  •  •
        50 And while they were at variance one with another they became very aslothful, and they hearkened not unto the commandments of their lord.
            •  •  •
        54 And behold, the watchman upon the tower would have seen the enemy while he was yet afar off; and then ye could have made ready and kept the enemy from breaking down the hedge thereof, and saved my vineyard from the hands of the destroyer.
    24.   20 Let my servant Sidney Rigdon have appointed unto him the place where he now resides, and the lot of the tannery for his stewardship, for his support while he is laboring in my vineyard, even as I will, when I shall command him.
    25.   25 And behold, I will give unto you favor and grace in their eyes, that you may rest in apeace and safety, while you are saying unto the people: Execute judgment and justice for us according to law, and redress us of our bwrongs.
    26.   13 It may probably arise through the slave question. This a avoice declared to me, while I was praying earnestly on the subject, December 25th, 1832.
    27.   5 While I was thus engaged, my mind reverted to the writings of the apostle Peter, to the aprimitive saints scattered abroad throughout bPontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, and other parts of Asia, where the gospel had been cpreached after the crucifixion of the Lord.
    28.   32 And Cain went into the field, and Cain talked with Abel, his brother. And it came to pass that while they were in the field, Cain rose up against Abel, his brother, and slew him.
    29.   11 While I was laboring under the extreme difficulties caused by the contests of these parties of religionists, I was one day reading the Epistle of aJames, first chapter and fifth verse, which reads: If any of you lack bwisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
            •  •  •
        25 So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two aPersonages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was bhated and cpersecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true; and while they were persecuting me, reviling me, and speaking all manner of evil against me dfalsely for so saying, I was led to say in my heart: Why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not edeny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation.
            •  •  •
        30 While I was thus in the act of calling upon God, I discovered a alight appearing in my room, which continued to increase until the room was lighter than at noonday, when immediately a bpersonage appeared at my bedside, standing in the air, for his feet did not touch the floor.
            •  •  •
        42 Again, he told me, that when I got those plates of which he had spoken—for the time that they should be obtained was not yet fulfilled—I should not show them to any person; neither the breastplate with the Urim and Thummim; only to those to whom I should be commanded to show them; if I did I should be adestroyed. While he was conversing with me about the plates, the vision was opened to my bmind that I could see the place where the plates were deposited, and that so clearly and distinctly that I knew the place again when I visited it.
            •  •  •
        57 During the time that I was thus employed, I was put to board with a Mr. Isaac Hale, of that place; it was there I first saw my wife (his daughter), Emma Hale. On the 18th of January, 1827, we were married, while I was yet employed in the service of Mr. Stoal.
            •  •  •
        68 We still continued the work of translation, when, in the ensuing month (May, 1829), we on a certain day went into the woods to pray and inquire of the Lord respecting abaptism for the bremission of sins, that we found mentioned in the translation of the plates. While we were thus employed, praying and calling upon the Lord, a messenger from heaven descended in a ccloud of light, and having laid his dhands upon us, he eordained us, saying:

No comments:

Post a Comment