Monday, December 3, 2012

"For a time"

  1.   14 For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there aenlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father’s house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a btime as this?
  2.   15 We looked for apeace, but no good came; and for a time of health, and behold trouble!
  3.   24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers’ fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.
          •  •  •
      35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to atry them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.
  4.   7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and asware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to bscatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
  5.   17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when aaffliction or bpersecution ariseth for the word’s sake, immediately they are offended.
  6.   9 Then began he to speak to the people this parable; A certain man planted a avineyard, and let it forth to bhusbandmen, and went into a far country for a long time.
  7.   5 aDefraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that bSatan ctempt you not for your incontinency.
  8.   17 But we, brethren, being taken from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavoured the more abundantly to see your aface with great desire.
  9.   14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a avapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
  10.   14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
  11.   18 Wherefore, all things which have been revealed unto the children of men shall at that aday be revealed; and Satan shall have power over the hearts of the children of men bno more, for a long time. And now, my beloved brethren, I make an end of my sayings.
  12.   76 For behold, for a along time will I lay up of the fruit of my vineyard unto mine own self against the season, which speedily cometh; and for the last time have I nourished my vineyard, and pruned it, and dug about it, and dunged it; wherefore I will lay up unto mine own self of the fruit, for a long time, according to that which I have spoken.
  13.   18 And it came to pass that king Noah sent his armies against them, and they were driven back, or they drove them back for a time; therefore, they returned rejoicing in their spoil.
  14.   24 And then they returned again and began to establish peace in the land, being troubled no more for a time with their enemies.
  15.   23 And Ammon said unto him: Yea, I desire to adwell among this people for a time; yea, and perhaps until the day I die.
  16.   24 And now I, aMormon, make an end of speaking concerning these things for a time.
  17.   6 Behold, verily I say unto you, go from them only for a little atime, and declare my word, and I will prepare a place for them.
  18.   48 And consulted for a long time, saying among themselves: What need hath my lord of this tower, seeing this is a time of peace?
  19.   61 But thou knowest that thou hast a great love for the children of Jacob, who have been ascattered upon the bmountains for a long time, in a ccloudy and dark day.
  20.   2 Verily, thus saith the Lord, I say unto you, if those who acall themselves by my name and are essaying to be my saints, if they will do my will and keep my commandments concerning them, let them gather themselves together unto the places which I shall appoint unto them by my servant Joseph, and build up cities unto my name, that they may be prepared for that which is in store for a time to come.
  21.   15 After I had retired to the place where I had previously designed to go, having looked around me, and finding myself alone, I kneeled down and began to offer up the desires of my heart to God. I had scarcely done so, when immediately I was aseized upon by some power which entirely overcame me, and had such an astonishing influence over me as to bind my tongue so that I could not speak. Thick bdarkness gathered around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to sudden destruction.
          •  •  •
      48 I shortly after arose from my bed, and, as usual, went to the necessary labors of the day; but, in attempting to work as at other times, I found my astrength so exhausted as to render me entirely unable. My father, who was laboring along with me, discovered something to be wrong with me, and told me to go home. I started with the intention of going to the house; but, in attempting to cross the fence out of the field where we were, my strength entirely failed me, and I bfell helpless on the ground, and for a time was quite unconscious of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment