Thursday, September 17, 2015

Take me

  1.   9 And he said unto him, Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.
  2.   27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but adust and ashes:
          •  •  •
      31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty’s sake.
  3.   19 Behold now, thy servant hath found agrace in thy sight, and thou hast magnified thy mercy, which thou hast shewed unto me in saving my life; and I cannot escape to the mountain, lest some evil take me, and I die:
  4.   7 ¶ The aLord God of heaven, which took me from my bfather’s house, and from the land of my kindred, and which spake unto me, and that sware unto me, saying, Unto thy seed will I give this cland; he shall send his dangel before thee, and thou shalt take a wife unto my son from thence.
  5.   3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy aquiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and btake me some venison;
  6.   17 He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters;
  7.   12 I was at ease, but he hath broken me asunder: he hath also taken me by my neck, and shaken me to pieces, and set me up for his mark.
  8.   22 For I know not to give aflattering titles; in so doing my maker would soon take me away.
  9.   16 He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters.
  10.   9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother’s breasts.
  11.   10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
  12.   6 By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother’s bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee.
  13.   24 I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations.
  14.   2 And I took unto me faithful witnesses to record, Uriah the priest, and Zechariah the son of Jeberechiah.
  15.   15 ¶ O Lord, thou knowest: remember me, and avisit me, and revenge me of my persecutors; take me not away in thy longsuffering: know that for thy sake I have bsuffered crebuke.
  16.   22 Let a cry be heard from their houses, when thou shalt bring a troop suddenly upon them: for they have digged a pit to take me, and hid snares for my feet.
  17.   12 Then the aspirit took me up, and I heard behind me a voice of a great rushing, saying, Blessed be the glory of the Lord from his place.
          •  •  •
      14 So the spirit lifted me up, and took me away, and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; but the hand of the Lord was strong upon me.
  18.   3 And he put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the aspirit lifted me up between the earth and the bheaven, and brought me in the cvisions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the inner gate that looketh toward the north; where was the seat of the image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy.
  19.   24 ¶ Afterwards the aspirit took me up, and brought me in a vision by the Spirit of God into Chaldea, to them of the captivity. So the vision that I had seen went up from me.
  20.   5 So the aspirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the bglory of the Lord filled the house.
  21.   15 And the Lord took me as I followed the flock, and the aLord said unto me, bGo, cprophesy unto my people Israel.
  22.   12 And he said unto them, Take me up, and cast me forth into the sea; so shall the sea be calm unto you: for I know that for my sake this great tempest is upon you.
  23.   7 And I will feed the flock of slaughter, even you, O poor of the flock. And I took unto me two staves; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called aBands; and I fed the flock.
  24.   35 For I was an ahungred, and ye bgave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a cstranger, and ye took me in:
          •  •  •
      43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
  25.   55 In that same hour said Jesus to the multitudes, Are ye come out as against a thief with swords and staves for to take me? I sat daily with you ateaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me.
  26.   48 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Are ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and with staves to take me?
      49 I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took me not: but the scriptures must be fulfilled.
  27.   11 And it came to pass that Laman and Lemuel did take me and abind me with cords, and they did treat me with much harshness; nevertheless, the Lord did suffer it that he might show forth his power, unto the fulfilling of his word which he had bspoken concerning the wicked.
  28.   2 And I took unto me faithful awitnesses to record, Uriah the priest, and Zechariah the son of Jeberechiah.
  29.   23 For it is I that taketh upon me the asins of the world; for it is I that hath bcreated them; and it is I that granteth unto him that believeth unto the end a place at my right hand.
  30.   26 And now, Amulek, because thou hast fed me and taken me in, thou art blessed; for I was an hungered, for I had fasted many days.
  31.   33 But it came to pass that the Lord did not suffer them that they should take me aat that time and cast me into prison.
  32.   11 And behold, I am the alight and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter bcup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in ctaking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the dwill of the Father in all things from the beginning.
  33.   9 And the Lord said unto him: Because of thy faith thou hast seen that I shall take upon me aflesh and blood; and never has man come before me with bsuch exceeding faith as thou hast; for were it not so ye could not have seen my finger. Sawest thou more than this?
  34.   56 In the year 1823 my father’s family met with a great aaffliction by the death of my eldest brother, bAlvin. In the month of October, 1825, I hired with an old gentleman by the name of Josiah Stoal, who lived in Chenango county, State of New York. He had heard something of a silver mine having been opened by the Spaniards in Harmony, Susquehanna county, State of Pennsylvania; and had, previous to my hiring to him, been digging, in order, if possible, to discover the mine. After I went to live with him, he took me, with the rest of his hands, to dig for the silver mine, at which I continued to work for nearly a month, without success in our undertaking, and finally I prevailed with the old gentleman to cease digging after it. Hence arose the very prevalent story of my having been a money-digger.

No comments:

Post a Comment