Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Give power

  1.   18 But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get awealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
  2.   19 Every man also to whom God hath given ariches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his blabour; this is the cgift of God.
  3.   29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
  4.   8 But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.
  5.   1 And when he had acalled unto him his btwelve disciples, he gave them cpower against dunclean spirits, to cast them out, and to eheal all manner of fsickness and all manner of disease.
  6.   7 ¶ And he called unto him the atwelve, and began to send them forth by btwo and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;
  7.   1 Then he called his atwelve disciples together, and gave them power and bauthority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
  8.   12 But as many as areceived him, to them gave he bpower to become the csons of God, even to them that believe on his dname:
  9.   2 As thou hast given him apower over all flesh, that he should give beternal life to as many as thou hast cgiven him.
  10.   26 aAnd he that bovercometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give cpower over the nations:
  11.   3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
  12.   3 And I will give apower unto my two bwitnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
  13.   4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the abeast: and they bworshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
  14.   13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
  15.   8 And she spake, saying: Now I know of a surety that the Lord hath acommanded my husband to bflee into the wilderness; yea, and I also know of a surety that the Lord hath protected my sons, and delivered them out of the hands of Laban, and given them power whereby they could caccomplish the thing which the Lord hath commanded them. And after this manner of language did she speak.
  16.   11 But a aseer will I raise up out of the fruit of thy loins; and unto him will I give bpower to cbring forth my word unto the seed of thy loins—and not to the bringing forth my word only, saith the Lord, but to the convincing them of my word, which shall have already gone forth among them.
          •  •  •
      17 And the Lord hath said: I will raise up a Moses; and I will give power unto him in a rod; and I will give judgment unto him in writing. Yet I will not loose his tongue, that he shall speak much, for I will not make him mighty in speaking. But I will awrite unto him my law, by the finger of mine own hand; and I will make a bspokesman for him.
  17.   20 And now, my brethren, I have spoken plainly that ye cannot err. And as the Lord God liveth that abrought Israel up out of the land of Egypt, and gave unto Moses power that he should bheal the nations after they had been bitten by the poisonous serpents, if they would cast their eyes unto the cserpent which he did raise up before them, and also gave him power that he should smite the drock and the water should come forth; yea, behold I say unto you, that as these things are etrue, and as the Lord God liveth, there is none other fname given under heaven save it be this Jesus Christ, of which I have spoken, whereby man can be saved.
  18.   5 And they adeny the bpower of God, the Holy One of Israel; and they say unto the people: Hearken unto us, and hear ye our precept; for behold there is cno God today, for the Lord and the Redeemer hath done his work, and he hath given his power unto men;
  19.   19 And it came to pass that king Mosiah granted unto Alma that he might establish achurches throughout all the land of Zarahemla; and gave him power to bordain cpriests and dteachers over every church.
  20.   16 And he selected a wise man who was among the aelders of the church, and gave him power according to the bvoice of the people, that he might have power to enact claws according to the laws which had been given, and to put them in force according to the wickedness and the crimes of the people.
  21.   6 For many of athem, after having suffered much loss and so many afflictions, began to be stirred up in remembrance of the bwords which Aaron and his brethren had preached to them in their land; therefore they began to disbelieve the ctraditions of their fathers, and to believe in the Lord, and that he gave great power unto the Nephites; and thus there were many of them converted in the wilderness.
  22.   20 But he had obtained his desires; for he had armed those prisoners of the Nephites who were within the wall of the city, and had given them power to gain possession of those parts which were within the walls.
  23.   11 Therefore he was constrained to speak more unto them saying: Behold, my brethren, have ye not read that God gave power unto one man, even Moses, to smite upon the waters of the Red aSea, and they parted hither and thither, insomuch that the Israelites, who were our fathers, came through upon dry ground, and the waters closed upon the armies of the Egyptians and swallowed them up?
  24.   1 aAnd it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words unto Nephi, and to those who had been called, (now the number of them who had been called, and received power and authority to bbaptize, was ctwelve) and behold, he stretched forth his hand unto the multitude, and cried unto them, saying: dBlessed are ye if ye shall give heed unto the words of these twelve whom I have echosen from among you to minister unto you, and to be your servants; and unto them I have given power that they may baptize you with water; and after that ye are baptized with water, behold, I will baptize you with fire and with the Holy Ghost; therefore blessed are ye if ye shall believe in me and be baptized, after that ye have seen me and know that I am.
  25.   5 And when the multitude had eaten and were filled, he said unto the Disciples: Behold there shall one be aordained among you, and to him will I give power that he shall bbreak cbread and bless it and give it unto the people of my dchurch, unto all those who shall believe and be baptized in my name.
          •  •  •
      37 And the multitude heard not the words which he spake, therefore they did not bear record; but the Disciples bare record that he gave them apower to give the bHoly Ghost. And I will show unto you chereafter that this record is true.
  26.   13 And Corihor repented of the many evils which he had done; wherefore Shule gave him power in his kingdom.
          •  •  •
      25 And he did execute a law throughout all the land, which gave power unto the prophets that they should go whithersoever they would; and by this cause the people were brought unto repentance.
  27.   13 I will give them power that they may behold and view these things as they are;
  28.   7 And I will make thee to minister for him and for thy brother James; and unto you three I will agive this power and the bkeys of this ministry until I come.
  29.   16 And then, behold, they say and think in their hearts—We will see if God has given him power to translate; if so, he will also give him power again;
      17 And if God giveth him power again, or if he translates again, or, in other words, if he bringeth forth the same words, behold, we have the same with us, and we have altered them;
  30.   30 But verily, verily, I say unto you, that as many as receive me, to them will I give apower to become the bsons of God, even to them that cbelieve on my name. Amen.
  31.   8 And agave him power from on high, by the bmeans which were before prepared, to translate the Book of Mormon;
  32.   4 But to as many as received me, gave I power to become my asons; and even so will I give unto as many as will receive me, power to become my sons.
  33.   8 I came unto mine own, and mine own areceived me not; but unto as many as received me gave I bpower to do many cmiracles, and to become the dsons of God; and even unto them that ebelieved on my name gave I power to obtain eternal flife.
  34.   27 Nevertheless, unto whom is given apower to command the waters, unto him it is given by the Spirit to know all his ways;
  35.   12 And of as many as the Father shall bear record, to you shall be given power to aseal them up unto eternal life. Amen.
  36.   8 Q. What are we to understand by the four aangels, spoken of in the 7th chapter and 1st verse of Revelation?
      A. We are to understand that they are four angels sent forth from God, to whom is given power over the four parts of the earth, to save life and to destroy; these are they who have the beverlasting gospel to commit to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people; having power to cshut up the heavens, to seal up unto life, or to cast down to the dregions of darkness.
          •  •  •
      11 Q. What are we to understand by sealing the one ahundred and forty-four thousand, out of all the tribes of Israel—twelve thousand out of every tribe?
      A. We are to understand that those who are sealed are bhigh priests, ordained unto the holy order of God, to administer the everlasting gospel; for they are they who are ordained out of every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, by the angels to whom is given power over the nations of the earth, to bring as many as will come to the church of the cFirstborn.
  37.   28 For he was baptized while he was yet in his childhood, and was aordained by the angel of God at the time he was beight days old unto this power, to overthrow the kingdom of the Jews, and to cmake straight the way of the Lord before the face of his people, to prepare them for the dcoming of the Lord, in whose hand is given eall power.
  38.   5 Concern not yourselves about your adebts, for I will give you power to pay them.
  39.   51 These the Lord taught, and gave them apower to come forth, after his resurrection from the dead, to enter into his Father’s kingdom, there to be crowned with bimmortality and eternal life,

No comments:

Post a Comment