Monday, October 14, 2013

"Name of Nephi"

  1.   2 And now, as I have spoken concerning these plates, behold they are not the plates upon which I make a full account of the history of my people; for the aplates upon which I make a full account of my people I have given the name of Nephi; wherefore, they are called the plates of Nephi, after mine own name; and these plates also are called the plates of Nephi.
  2.   12 And it came to pass that those who awere the children of Amulon and his brethren, who had taken to wife the bdaughters of the Lamanites, were displeased with the conduct of their fathers, and they would no longer be called by the names of their fathers, therefore they took upon themselves the name of Nephi, that they might be called the children of Nephi and be numbered among those who were ccalled Nephites.
  3.   21 And it came to pass that he had two sons. He gave unto the eldest the name of aNephi, and unto the youngest, the name of bLehi. And they began to grow up unto the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment