Sunday, September 29, 2013

Make covenants

  1.   12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
  2.   18 In the same day the Lord made a acovenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this bland, from cthe river of Egypt unto the great river, the river dEuphrates:
  3.   2 And I will make my acovenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
  4.   27 And Abraham took sheep and oxen, and gave them unto Abimelech; and both of them amade a covenant.
          •  •  •
      32 Thus they made a covenant at Beer-sheba: athen Abimelech rose up, and Phichol the chief captain of his host, and they returned into the land of the Philistines.
  5.   28 And they said, We saw certainly that the aLord was with thee: and we said, Let there be now an oath betwixt us, even betwixt us and thee, and let us make a covenant with thee;
  6.   44 Now therefore come thou, let us make a covenant, I and thou; and let it be for a witness between me and thee.
  7.   32 Thou shalt make no acovenant with them, nor with their gods.
  8.   8 And Moses took the ablood, and bsprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the cblood of the dcovenant, which the Lord hath made with you concerning all these words.
  9.   10 ¶ And he said, Behold, I make a covenant: before all thy people I will do amarvels, such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation: and all the people among which thou art shall see the work of the Lord: for it is a bterrible thing that I will do with thee.
          •  •  •
      12 Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a acovenant with the binhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it cbe for a snare in the midst of thee:
          •  •  •
      15 Lest thou make a acovenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a bwhoring after their cgods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and done ecall thee, and thou feat of his sacrifice;
          •  •  •
      27 And the Lord said unto Moses, aWrite thou these words: for bafter the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
  10.   9 For I will ahave respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.
  11.   13 And he shall have it, and his aseed after him, even the bcovenant of an everlasting cpriesthood; because he was dzealous for his God, and made an eatonement for the children of Israel.
  12.   23 Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye aforget the bcovenant of the Lord your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the Lord thy God hath forbidden thee.
  13.   2 The Lord our God made a acovenant with us in Horeb.
      3 The Lord made not this acovenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.
  14.   2 And when the Lord thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly adestroy them; thou shalt bmake no ccovenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:
  15.   9 When I was gone up into the mount to receive the tables of stone, even the tables of the covenant which the Lord made with you, then I abode in the mount aforty days and forty nights, I neither did eat bread nor drink water:
  16.   1 These are the words of the acovenant, which the Lord commanded Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, beside the covenant which he made with them in Horeb.
          •  •  •
      12 That thou shouldest enter into acovenant with the Lord thy God, and into his boath, which the Lord thy God maketh with thee this day:
          •  •  •
      14 Neither with you only do I make this covenant and this oath;
          •  •  •
      25 Then men shall say, Because they have aforsaken the bcovenant of the Lord God of their fathers, which he made with them when he brought them forth out of the land of Egypt:
  17.   16 ¶ And the Lord said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a awhoring after the bgods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and cbreak my covenant which I have made with them.
  18.   25 So Joshua made a covenant with the people that day, and set them a statute and an ordinance in Shechem.
  19.   1 And an angel of the Lord came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said, I made you to go up out of Egypt, and have brought you unto the land which I sware unto your fathers; and I said, I will never abreak my bcovenant with you.
  20.   1 Then Nahash the Ammonite came up, and encamped against Jabesh-gilead: and all the men of Jabesh said unto Nahash, Make a covenant with us, and we will serve thee.
      2 And Nahash the Ammonite answered them, On this condition will I make a covenant with you, that I may thrust out all your right eyes, and lay it for a reproach upon all Israel.
  21.   3 Then Jonathan and David made a acovenant, because he loved him as his own soul.
  22.   16 So Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, Let the Lord even require it at the hand of David’s enemies.
  23.   18 And they two made a covenant before the Lord: and David abode in the wood, and Jonathan went to his house.
  24.   5 Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an aeverlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.
  25.   15 And Solomon awoke; and, behold, it was a dream. And he came to Jerusalem, and stood before the aark of the covenant of the Lord, and offered up burnt offerings, and offered peace bofferings, and made a feast to all his servants.
  26.   9 There was nothing in the aark save the two btables of stone, which Moses put there at cHoreb, when the Lord made a covenant with the children of Israel, when they came out of the land of Egypt.
          •  •  •
      21 And I have set there a place for the ark, wherein is the acovenant of the Lord, which he made with our fathers, when he brought them out of the land of Egypt.
  27.   34 And Ben-hadad said unto him, The cities, which my father took from thy father, I will restore; and thou shalt make astreets for thee in Damascus, as my father made in Samaria. Then said Ahab, I will send thee away with this covenant. So he made a covenant with him, and sent him away.
  28.   4 ¶ And the seventh year Jehoiada sent and fetched the rulers over hundreds, with the captains and the guard, and brought them to him into the house of the Lord, and made a acovenant with them, and took an oath of them in the house of the Lord, and shewed them the king’s son.
          •  •  •
      17 ¶ And Jehoiada made a covenant between the Lord and the king and the people, that they should be the Lord’s people; between the king also and the people.
  29.   15 And they rejected his statutes, and his covenant that he made with their fathers, and his testimonies which he testified against them; and they followed vanity, and became avain, and went after the heathen that were round about them, concerning whom the Lord had charged them, that they should not do like them.
          •  •  •
      35 With whom the Lord had made a covenant, and charged them, saying, Ye shall not afear other bgods, nor bow yourselves to them, nor serve them, nor sacrifice to them:
          •  •  •
      38 And the covenant that I have made with you ye shall not aforget; neither shall ye fear other gods.
  30.   3 ¶ And the king stood by a apillar, and made a bcovenant before the Lord, to cwalk after the Lord, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, to perform the words of this covenant that were written in this book. And all the people stood to the covenant.
  31.   3 Therefore came all the elders of Israel to the king to Hebron; and David made a covenant with them in Hebron before the Lord; and they anointed aDavid bking over Israel, according to the word of the Lord by Samuel.
  32.   28 Thus all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the Lord with shouting, and with sound of the cornet, and with trumpets, and with cymbals, making a noise with psalteries and harps.
  33.   16 Even of the acovenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;
  34.   2 Then David the king stood up upon his feet, and said, Hear me, my brethren, and my people: As for me, I had in mine heart to build an house of arest for the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and for the bfootstool of our God, and had made ready for the building:
  35.   10 There was nothing in the ark save the two tables which Moses put therein at Horeb, when the Lord made a covenant with the children of Israel, when they came out of Egypt.
  36.   11 And in it have I put the ark, wherein is the covenant of the Lord, that he made with the children of Israel.
  37.   7 Howbeit the Lord would not adestroy the house of David, because of the covenant that he had made with David, and as he promised to give a light to him and to his sons for ever.
  38.   3 And all the congregation made a covenant with the king in the house of God. And he said unto them, Behold, the king’s son shall reign, as the Lord hath said of the sons of aDavid.
          •  •  •
      16 ¶ And Jehoiada made a covenant between him, and between all the people, and between the king, that they should be the Lord’s people.
  39.   10 Now it is in mine heart to make a covenant with the Lord God of Israel, that his fierce wrath may turn away from us.
  40.   31 And the king stood in his place, and made a acovenant before the Lord, to bwalk after the Lord, and to keep his commandments, and his testimonies, and his statutes, with all his heart, and with all his soul, to perform the words of the covenant which are written in this book.
  41.   3 Now therefore let us make a covenant with our God to put away all the wives, and such as are born of them, according to the counsel of my lord, and of those that tremble at the commandment of our God; and let it be done according to the law.
  42.   38 And because of all this we make a sure covenant, and write it; and our princes, Levites, and priests, seal unto it.
  43.   1 I made a acovenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?
  44.   4 Will he make a covenant with thee? wilt thou take him for a servant for ever?
  45.   5 Gather my asaints together unto me; those that have made a bcovenant with me by csacrifice.
  46.   3 I have made a covenant with my achosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,
          •  •  •
      39 Thou hast made void the covenant of thy servant: thou hast profaned his crown by acasting it to the ground.
  47.   9 Which acovenant he made with Abraham, and his boath unto Isaac;
  48.   15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing ascourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our brefuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:
  49.   3 Incline your ear, and acome unto me: hear, and your bsoul shall live; and I will make an everlasting ccovenant with you, even the dsure mercies of David.
  50.   8 Behind the doors also and the posts hast thou set up thy remembrance: for thou hast adiscovered thyself to banother than me, and art gone up; thou hast enlarged thy bed, and made thee a covenant with them; thou lovedst their bed where thou sawest it.
     
  51.   8 For I the Lord love ajudgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting bcovenant with them.
  52.   10 They are aturned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, which refused to hear my words; and they went after other gods to bserve them: the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken my covenant which I made with their fathers.
  53.   31 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a anew bcovenant with the house of cIsrael, and with the house of Judah:
      32 Not according to the acovenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
      33 But this shall be the acovenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my blaw in their inward parts, and write it in their chearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
  54.   40 And I will make an aeverlasting bcovenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
  55.   8 ¶ This is the word that came unto Jeremiah from the Lord, after that the king Zedekiah had made a covenant with all the people which were at Jerusalem, to proclaim aliberty unto them;
          •  •  •
      13 Thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel; I made a covenant with your fathers in the day that I brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondmen, saying,
          •  •  •
      15 And ye were now turned, and had done right in my sight, in proclaiming liberty every man to his neighbour; and ye had made a covenant before me in the house which is called by my name:
          •  •  •
      18 And I will give the men that have transgressed my covenant, which have not performed the words of the covenant which they had made before me, when they acut the calf in twain, and bpassed between the parts thereof,
  56.   13 And hath taken of the king’s aseed, and made a covenant with him, and hath taken an boath of him: he hath also taken the cmighty of the land:
          •  •  •
      16 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely in the place where the king dwelleth that made him king, whose oath he despised, and whose covenant he brake, even with him in the midst of aBabylon he shall die.
  57.   25 And I will make with them a acovenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell bsafely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.
  58.   26 Moreover I will make a acovenant of peace with them; it shall be an beverlasting ccovenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my dsanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
  59.   4 And I prayed unto the Lord my God, and made my aconfession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, bkeeping the covenant and cmercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;
          •  •  •
      27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of aabominations he shall make it bdesolate, even until the cconsummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
  60.   18 And in that day will I make a acovenant for them with the bbeasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down csafely.
  61.   4 They have spoken words, swearing falsely in making a acovenant: thus judgment springeth up as hemlock in the furrows of the field.
  62.   1 aEphraim feedeth on wind, and followeth after the east wind: he daily increaseth lies and desolation; and they do make a bcovenant with the Assyrians, and oil is carried into Egypt.
  63.   10 ¶ And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people.
  64.   25 Ye are the achildren of the prophets, and of the bcovenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be cblessed.
  65.   17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was afour hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
  66.   8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of aJudah:
      9 Not according to the acovenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
      10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my alaws into their bmind, and write them in their chearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
          •  •  •
      13 In that he saith, A anew covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth bold is ready to cvanish away.
  67.   16 This is the acovenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their bminds will I write them;
  68.   23 And he said: Behold it proceedeth out of the mouth of a Jew. And I, Nephi, beheld it; and he said unto me: The abook that thou beholdest is a brecord of the cJews, which contains the covenants of the Lord, which he hath made unto the house of Israel; and it also containeth many of the prophecies of the holy prophets; and it is a record like unto the engravings which are upon the dplates of brass, save there are not so many; nevertheless, they contain the covenants of the Lord, which he hath made unto the house of Israel; wherefore, they are of great worth unto the Gentiles.
  69.   17 And when the aday cometh that the bwrath of God is poured out upon the mother of harlots, which is the great and abominable church of all the earth, whose founder is the devil, then, at that day, the cwork of the Father shall commence, in preparing the way for the fulfilling of his dcovenants, which he hath made to his people who are of the house of Israel.
  70.   18 Wherefore, our father hath not spoken of our seed alone, but also of all the house of Israel, pointing to the covenant which should be fulfilled in the latter days; which covenant the Lord made to our father Abraham, saying: In thy aseed shall all the kindreds of the earth be bblessed.
  71.   40 And he loveth those who will have him to be their God. Behold, he loved our afathers, and he bcovenanted with them, yea, even Abraham, cIsaac, and dJacob; and he remembered the covenants which he had made; wherefore, he did bring them out of the land of eEgypt.
  72.   15 Nevertheless, when that day cometh, saith the prophet, that they ano more bturn aside their hearts against the Holy One of Israel, then will he remember the ccovenants which he made to their fathers.
  73.   9 And it shall also be of aworth unto the Gentiles; and not only unto the Gentiles but bunto all the chouse of Israel, unto the making known of the dcovenants of the Father of heaven unto Abraham, saying: In thy eseed shall all the kindreds of the earth be fblessed.
          •  •  •
      11 Wherefore, the Lord God will proceed to make bare his arm in the eyes of all the anations, in bringing about his covenants and his gospel unto those who are of the house of Israel.
  74.   4 For behold, thou art the fruit of my loins; and I am a descendant of aJoseph who was carried bcaptive into Egypt. And great were the ccovenants of the Lord which he made unto Joseph.
      5 Wherefore, Joseph truly asaw our day. And he obtained a bpromise of the Lord, that out of the fruit of his loins the Lord God would raise up a crighteous dbranch unto the house of Israel; not the Messiah, but a branch which was to be broken off, nevertheless, to be remembered in the covenants of the Lord that the Messiah should be made emanifest unto them in the latter days, in the spirit of power, unto the bringing of them out of fdarkness unto light—yea, out of hidden darkness and out of captivity unto freedom.
          •  •  •
      7 Yea, Joseph truly said: Thus saith the Lord unto me: A choice aseer will I braise up out of the fruit of thy loins; and he shall be esteemed highly among the fruit of thy loins. And unto him will I give commandment that he shall do a work for the fruit of thy loins, his brethren, which shall be of great worth unto them, even to the bringing of them to the cknowledge of the covenants which I have made with thy fathers.
          •  •  •
      21 Because of their faith their awords shall proceed forth out of my mouth unto their brethren who are the fruit of thy loins; and the weakness of their words will I make strong in their faith, unto the remembering of my covenant which I made unto thy fathers.
  75.   12 And blessed are the aGentiles, they of whom the prophet has written; for behold, if it so be that they shall repent and fight not against Zion, and do not unite themselves to that great and babominable church, they shall be saved; for the Lord God will fulfil his ccovenants which he has made unto his children; and for this cause the prophet has written these things.
  76.   15 Wherefore, for this cause, that my acovenants may be fulfilled which I have made unto the children of men, that I will do unto them while they are in the flesh, I must needs destroy the bsecret works of cdarkness, and of murders, and of abominations.
  77.   5 And also my soul delighteth in the acovenants of the Lord which he hath made to our fathers; yea, my soul delighteth in his bgrace, and in his justice, and power, and mercy in the great and eternal plan of cdeliverance from death.
  78.   1 But behold, there shall be many—at that day when I shall proceed to do a amarvelous work among them, that I may remember my bcovenants which I have made unto the children of men, that I may set my hand again the csecond time to recover my people, which are of the house of Israel;
  79.   17 And I, Enos, aknew it would be according to the covenant which he had made; wherefore my soul did rest.
  80.   6 And now, these are the words which king Benjamin desired of them; and therefore he said unto them: Ye have spoken the words that I desired; and the covenant which ye have made is a righteous covenant.
      7 And now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shall be called the achildren of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; for behold, this day he hath spiritually begotten you; for ye say that your hearts are bchanged through faith on his name; therefore, ye are cborn of him and have become his dsons and his daughters.
      8 And under this head ye are made afree, and there is bno other head whereby ye can be made free. There is no other cname given whereby salvation cometh; therefore, I would that ye should take upon you the name of Christ, all you that have entered into the covenant with God that ye should be obedient unto the end of your lives.
  81.   13 And it acame to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
  82.   29 Therefore ye shall keep these secret plans of their aoaths and their covenants from this people, and only their wickedness and their murders and their abominations shall ye make known unto them; and ye shall teach them to babhor such wickedness and abominations and murders; and ye shall also teach them that these people were destroyed on account of their wickedness and abominations and their murders.
  83.   22 Now this was the covenant which they made, and they acast their garments at the feet of Moroni, saying: We bcovenant with our God, that we shall be destroyed, even as our brethren in the land northward, if we shall fall into transgression; yea, he may cast us at the feet of our enemies, even as we have cast our garments at thy feet to be trodden under foot, if we shall fall into transgression.
  84.   6 And now ye also know concerning the acovenant which their fathers made, that they would not take up their weapons of war against their brethren to shed blood.
      7 But in the twenty and sixth year, when they saw our afflictions and our tribulations for them, they were about to abreak the covenant which they had made and take up their weapons of war in our defence.
      8 But I would not suffer them that they should break this acovenant which they had made, supposing that God would strengthen us, insomuch that we should not suffer more because of the fulfilling the boath which they had taken.
  85.   34 And now behold, I, Moroni, am constrained, according to the covenant which I have made to keep the commandments of my God; therefore I would that ye should adhere to the word of God, and send speedily unto me of your provisions and of your men, and also to Helaman.
  86.   11 And he went unto those that sent him, and they all entered into a covenant, yea, aswearing by their everlasting Maker, that they would tell no man that Kishkumen had murdered Pahoran.
  87.   8 For behold, the acovenant which I have made with my people is not all fulfilled; but the law which was given unto Moses hath an end in me.
  88.   5 And then will I agather them in from the four quarters of the earth; and then will I fulfil the bcovenant which the Father hath made unto all the people of the chouse of Israel.
          •  •  •
      11 And then will I aremember my covenant which I have made unto my people, O house of Israel, and I will bring my gospel unto them.
  89.   12 And verily, verily, I say unto you, that when they shall be fulfilled then is the fulfilling of the acovenant which the Father hath made unto his people, O house of Israel.
          •  •  •
      19 For I will make my apeople with whom the Father hath covenanted, yea, I will make thy bhorn iron, and I will make thy hoofs brass. And thou shalt cbeat in pieces many people; and I will consecrate their gain unto the Lord, and their substance unto the Lord of the whole earth. And behold, I am he who doeth it.
          •  •  •
      22 And behold, this apeople will I establish in this land, unto the fulfilling of the bcovenant which I made with your father Jacob; and it shall be a cNew Jerusalem. And the dpowers of heaven shall be in the midst of this people; yea, even eI will be in the midst of you.
          •  •  •
      25 And behold, ye are the achildren of the prophets; and ye are of the house of Israel; and ye are of the bcovenant which the Father made with your fathers, saying unto Abraham: And cin thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
          •  •  •
      27 And after that ye were blessed then fulfilleth the Father the covenant which he made with Abraham, saying: aIn thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed—unto the pouring out of the Holy Ghost through me upon the Gentiles, which bblessing upon the cGentiles shall make them mighty above all, unto the dscattering of my people, O house of Israel.
          •  •  •
      29 And I will aremember the covenant which I have made with my people; and I have covenanted with them that I would bgather them together in mine own due time, that I would give unto them again the cland of their fathers for their inheritance, which is the land of Jerusalem, which is the promised land unto them forever, saith the Father.
  90.   7 And when these things come to pass that thy aseed shall begin to know these things—it shall be a sign unto them, that they may know that the work of the Father hath already commenced unto the fulfilling of the covenant which he hath made unto the people who are of the house of Israel.
  91.   1 And now behold, I say unto you that when the Lord shall see fit, in his wisdom, that these sayings shall acome unto the Gentiles according to his word, then ye may know that the bcovenant which the Father hath made with the children of Israel, concerning their restoration to the clands of their inheritance, is already beginning to be fulfilled.
          •  •  •
      3 And ye need not imagine in your hearts that the words which have been spoken are vain, for behold, the Lord will remember his covenant which he hath made unto his people of the house of Israel.
          •  •  •
      8 Yea, and ye need not any longer ahiss, nor bspurn, nor make game of the cJews, nor any of the remnant of the house of Israel; for behold, the Lord remembereth his covenant unto them, and he will do unto them according to that which he hath sworn.
      9 Therefore ye need not suppose that ye can turn the right hand of the Lord unto the left, that he may not execute judgment unto the fulfilling of the covenant which he hath made unto the house of Israel.
  92.   20 But behold, it shall come to pass that they shall be driven and scattered by the Gentiles; and after they have been driven and scattered by the Gentiles, behold, then will the Lord aremember the bcovenant which he made unto Abraham and unto all the house of Israel.
  93.   21 And he that shall breathe out awrath and bstrifes against the work of the Lord, and against the ccovenant people of the Lord who are the house of Israel, and shall say: We will destroy the work of the Lord, and the Lord will not remember his covenant which he hath made unto the house of Israel—the same is in danger to be hewn down and cast into the fire;
          •  •  •
      23 Search the prophecies of aIsaiah. Behold, I cannot write them. Yea, behold I say unto you, that those saints who have gone before me, who have possessed this land, shall bcry, yea, even from the dust will they cry unto the Lord; and as the Lord liveth he will remember the covenant which he hath made with them.
  94.   37 And may the Lord Jesus Christ grant that their prayers may be answered according to their faith; and may God the Father remember the covenant which he hath made with the house of Israel; and may he bless them forever, through faith on the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
  95.   15 Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been ahid up from the foundation of the world from you—yea, when ye shall bcall upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant which he made unto your fathers, O house of Israel.
  96.   11 And then also cometh the aJerusalem of old; and the inhabitants thereof, blessed are they, for they have been washed in the blood of the Lamb; and they are they who were scattered and gathered in from the four quarters of the earth, and from the bnorth countries, and are partakers of the fulfilling of the covenant which God made with their father, cAbraham.
  97.   31 And the office of their ministry is to call men unto repentance, and to fulfil and to do the work of the covenants of the Father, which he hath made unto the children of men, to prepare the way among the children of men, by declaring the word of Christ unto the achosen vessels of the Lord, that they may bear testimony of him.
      32 And by so doing, the Lord God prepareth the way that the aresidue of men may have bfaith in Christ, that the Holy Ghost may have place in their hearts, according to the power thereof; and after this manner bringeth to pass the Father, the covenants which he hath made unto the children of men.
  98.   31 And aawake, and arise from the dust, O Jerusalem; yea, and put on thy beautiful garments, O daughter of bZion; and cstrengthen thy dstakes and enlarge thy borders forever, that thou mayest eno more be confounded, that the covenants of the Eternal Father which he hath made unto thee, O house of Israel, may be fulfilled.
  99.   13 Wherefore, alift up thy heart and brejoice, and cleave unto the covenants which thou hast made.
  100.   2 Saying: I, the Lord, will make known unto you what I will that ye shall do from this time until the next conference, which shall be held in Missouri, upon the aland which I will bconsecrate unto my people, which are a cremnant of Jacob, and those who are heirs according to the dcovenant.
     
  101.   4 And as the covenant which they made unto me has been abroken, even so it has become bvoid and of none effect.
  102.   2 Verily I say unto you, blessed are you for receiving mine aeverlasting covenant, even the fulness of my gospel, sent forth unto the children of men, that they might have blife and be made cpartakers of the dglories which are to be revealed in the last days, as it was written by the prophets and apostles in days of old.
  103.   69 These are they who are ajust men made bperfect through Jesus the mediator of the new ccovenant, who wrought out this perfect datonement through the shedding of his own eblood.
  104.   55 Behold, all these properties are mine, or else your faith is vain, and ye are found hypocrites, and the acovenants which ye have made unto me are broken;
  105.   7 And verily I say unto you, that the aconditions of this law are these: All covenants, contracts, bonds, obligations, boaths, cvows, performances, connections, associations, or expectations, that are not made and entered into and dsealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, of him who is eanointed, both as well for time and for all eternity, and that too most holy, by frevelation and commandment through the medium of mine anointed, whom I have appointed on the earth to hold this gpower (and I have appointed unto my servant Joseph to hold this hpower in the last days, and there is never but one on the earth at a time on whom this power and the ikeys of this priesthood are conferred), are of no efficacy, virtue, or force in and after the resurrection from the dead; for all contracts that are not made unto this end have an end when men are dead.
          •  •  •
      18 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife, and make a covenant with her for time and for all eternity, if that acovenant is not by me or by my word, which is my law, and is not sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, through him whom I have anointed and appointed unto this power, then it is not valid neither of force when they are out of the world, because they are not joined by me, saith the Lord, neither by my word; when they are out of the world it cannot be received there, because the angels and the gods are appointed there, by whom they cannot pass; they cannot, therefore, inherit my glory; for my house is a house of order, saith the Lord God.
  106.   57 And for this cause, that men might be made apartakers of the bglories which were to be revealed, the Lord sent forth the fulness of his cgospel, his everlasting covenant, reasoning in plainness and simplicity—
  107.   2 And it came to pass that Methuselah, the son of Enoch, was anot taken, that the covenants of the Lord might be fulfilled, which he made to Enoch; for he truly covenanted with Enoch that Noah should be of the fruit of his loins.
  108.  
  109.  

No comments:

Post a Comment