Saturday, September 28, 2013

In your afflictions

  1.   9 If, when evil cometh upon us, as the sword, judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we stand before this house, and in thy presence, (for thy name is in this house,) and cry unto thee in our aaffliction, then thou wilt hear and help.
  2.   12 And when he was in aaffliction, he bbesought the Lord his God, and chumbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers,
  3.   3 And they said unto me, The aremnant that are left of the captivity there in the province are in great affliction and reproach: the wall of Jerusalem also is broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire.
  4.   15 He adelivereth the poor in his affliction, and openeth their ears in oppression.
  5.   10 Such as sit in adarkness and in the shadow of death, being bound in affliction and iron;
  6.   50 This is my acomfort in my baffliction: for thy word hath quickened me.
          •  •  •
      92 Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.
  7.   15 ¶ I will go and return to my place, till they aacknowledge their offence, and bseek my face: in their caffliction they will seek me early.
  8.   7 I saw the tents of aCushan in affliction: and the curtains of the land of bMidian did tremble.
  9.   4 But in all things approving ourselves as the aministers of God, in much bpatience, in cafflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
  10.   6 And ye became afollowers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much baffliction, with cjoy of the Holy Ghost:
  11.   27 Pure areligion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To bvisit the cfatherless and dwidows in their eaffliction, and to keep himself funspotted from gthe hworld.
  12.   1 But behold, I, Jacob, would speak unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind, and apray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will bconsole you in your cafflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down djustice upon those who seek your destruction.
  13.   13 And it acame to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
      14 And I will also ease the aburdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as bwitnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their cafflictions.
  14.   2 I would that ye should do as I have done, in remembering the captivity of our fathers; for they were in abondage, and none could bdeliver them except it was the cGod of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; and he surely did deliver them in their afflictions.
  15.   3 But behold, there are those who do joy in your afflictions, yea, insomuch that they have risen up in arebellion against me, and also those of my people who are bfreemen, yea, and those who have risen up are exceedingly numerous.
  16.   8 Be apatient in bafflictions, for thou shalt have many; but cendure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the dend of thy days.
  17.   5 And the office of thy calling shall be for a acomfort unto my servant, Joseph Smith, Jun., thy bhusband, in his cafflictions, with consoling words, in the spirit of dmeekness.
  18.   9 Be apatient in bafflictions, crevile not against those that revile. Govern your dhouse in meekness, and be esteadfast.
  19.   9 Lay your ahands upon the bsick, and they shall crecover. Return not till I, the Lord, shall send you. Be patient in affliction. dAsk, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment