Saturday, October 31, 2015

My hands

  1.   5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.
  2.   42 Except the God of my father, the God of Abraham, and the fear of Isaac, had been with me, surely thou hadst sent me away now empty. God hath seen mine affliction and the labour of my hands, and rebuked thee yesternight.
  3.   29 And Moses said unto him, As soon as I am gone out of the city, I will spread abroad my hands unto the Lord; and the thunder shall cease, neither shall there be any more hail; that thou mayest know how that the earth is the Lord‘s.
  4.   15 So I turned and came down from the mount, and the mount burned with fire: and the two tables of the covenant were in my two hands.
          •  •  •
      17 And I took the two tables, and cast them out of my two hands, and brake them before your eyes.
  5.   3 And when I saw that ye delivered me not, I put my life in my hands, and passed over against the children of Ammon, and the Lord delivered them into my hand: wherefore then are ye come up unto me this day, to fight against me?
  6.   21 The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.
          •  •  •
      35 He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
  7.   5 ¶ And at the evening sacrifice I arose up from my heaviness; and having rent my garment and my mantle, I fell upon my knees, and spread out my hands unto the Lord my God,
  8.   9 For they all made us afraid, saying, Their hands shall be weakened from the work, that it be not done. Now therefore, O God, strengthen my hands.
  9.   30 If I wash myself with snow water, and make my hands never so clean;
  10.   3 O Lord my God, if I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands;
  11.   20 The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.
          •  •  •
      24 Therefore hath the Lord recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight.
          •  •  •
      34 He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
  12.   16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
  13.   2 Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.
  14.   4 Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
  15.   13 Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.
  16.   9 Mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction: Lord, I have called daily upon thee, I have stretched out my hands unto thee.
  17.   48 My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.
  18.   2 Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
  19.   6 I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah.
  20.   1 Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
  21.   11 Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.
  22.   5 I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock.
  23.   25 Whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.
  24.   11 Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
      12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
  25.   16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
  26.   21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.
  27.   2 I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;
  28.   15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?
  29.   10 ¶ And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands.
  30.   39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
  31.   9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
  32.   27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
  33.   21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.
  34.   6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
  35.   17 And again, I knew that the Lord had delivered Laban into my hands for this cause—that I might obtain the records according to his commandments.
  36.   18 And it came to pass that when I had said these words, behold, the bands were loosed from off my hands and feet, and I stood before my brethren, and I spake unto them again.
  37.   16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
  38.   34 But when he seeth his children, the work of my hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel.
  39.   3 And now, I speak somewhat concerning that which I have written; for after I had made an abridgment from the plates of Nephi, down to the reign of this king Benjamin, of whom Amaleki spake, I searched among the records which had been delivered into my hands, and I found these plates, which contained this small account of the prophets, from Jacob down to the reign of this king Benjamin, and also many of the words of Nephi.
          •  •  •
      11 And they were handed down from king Benjamin, from generation to generation until they have fallen into my hands. And I, Mormon, pray to God that they may be preserved from this time henceforth. And I know that they will be preserved; for there are great things written upon them, out of which my people and their brethren shall be judged at the great and last day, according to the word of God which is written.
  40.   21 Yea, well doth he cry, by the voice of his angels that: I will come down among my people, with equity and justice in my hands.
  41.   11 And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.
  42.   14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.
  43.   37 Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen.
  44.   96 For I, the Almighty, have laid my hands upon the nations, to scourge them for their wickedness.
  45.   14 Thy brethren, my servants Orson Hyde and John Gould, are in my hands; and inasmuch as they keep my commandments they shall be saved.
  46.   40 Let my servant Orson Hyde journey with my servant Orson Pratt, whithersoever my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., shall counsel them, in obtaining the fulfilment of these commandments which I have given unto you, and leave the residue in my hands. Even so. Amen.
  47.   47 And it shall come to pass that if you build a house unto my name, and do not do the things that I say, I will not perform the oath which I make unto you, neither fulfil the promises which ye expect at my hands, saith the Lord.
          •  •  •
      73 And there are others also who wish to know my will concerning them, for they have asked it at my hands.
  48.   5 For all who will have a blessing at my hands shall abide the law which was appointed for that blessing, and the conditions thereof, as were instituted from before the foundation of the world.
  49.   33 And Cain gloried in that which he had done, saying: I am free; surely the flocks of my brother falleth into my hands.
  50.   32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.
     
  51.   28 But I shall endeavor, hereafter, to delineate the chronology running back from myself to the beginning of the creation, for the records have come into my hands, which I hold unto this present time.
  52.   21 I dwell in the midst of them all; I now, therefore, have come down unto thee to declare unto thee the works which my hands have made, wherein my wisdom excelleth them all, for I rule in the heavens above, and in the earth beneath, in all wisdom and prudence, over all the intelligences thine eyes have seen from the beginning; I came down in the beginning in the midst of all the intelligences thou hast seen.
  53.   60 I soon found out the reason why I had received such strict charges to keep them safe, and why it was that the messenger had said that when I had done what was required at my hand, he would call for them. For no sooner was it known that I had them, than the most strenuous exertions were used to get them from me. Every stratagem that could be invented was resorted to for that purpose. The persecution became more bitter and severe than before, and multitudes were on the alert continually to get them from me if possible. But by the wisdom of God, they remained safe in my hands, until I had accomplished by them what was required at my hand. When, according to arrangements, the messenger called for them, I delivered them up to him; and he has them in his charge until this day, being the second day of May, one thousand eight hundred and thirty-eight.
          •  •  •
      71 Accordingly we went and were baptized. I baptized him first, and afterwards he baptized me—after which I laid my hands upon his head and ordained him to the Aaronic Priesthood, and afterwards he laid his hands on me and ordained me to the same Priesthood—for so we were commanded.*
  54.  

No comments:

Post a Comment