Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Lie not"

  1. 1 I say the truth in Christ, I alie not, my bconscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
  2. 31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.
  3. 20 Now the things which I awrite unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.
  4. 9 aLie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the bold man with his deeds;
  5. 7 Whereunto I am aordained a bpreacher, and an capostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and dlie not;) a teacher of the eGentiles in faith and fverity.
  6. 14 But if ye have bitter envying and astrife in your hearts, bglory not, and lie not against the truth.
  7. Be it known unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, unto whom this work shall come: That Joseph Smith, Jun., the translator of this work, has shown unto us the plates of which hath been spoken, which have the appearance of gold; and as many of the leaves as the said Smith has translated we did handle with our hands; and we also saw the engravings thereon, all of which has the appearance of ancient work, and of curious workmanship. And this we bear record with words of soberness, that the said Smith has shown unto us, for we have seen and hefted, and know of a surety that the said Smith has got the plates of which we have spoken. And we give our names unto the world, to witness unto the world that which we have seen. And we lie not, God bearing witness of it.
  8. 13 Behold, my brethren, he that prophesieth, let him prophesy to the understanding of men; for the aSpirit speaketh the btruth and lieth not. Wherefore, it speaketh of things as they really care, and of things as they really will be; wherefore, these things are manifested unto us dplainly, for the salvation of our souls. But behold, we are not witnesses alone in these things; for God also espake them unto prophets of old.
  9. 18 And this is the word which he hath given unto the children of men. And for this cause he fulfilleth the words which he hath given, and he lieth not, but fulfilleth all his words.
  10. 26 And wo unto them who shall do these things away and die, for they adie in their bsins, and they cannot be saved in the kingdom of God; and I speak it according to the words of Christ; and I lie not.
    27 And I exhort you to remember these things; for the time speedily cometh that ye shall know that I lie not, for ye shall see me at the bar of God; and the Lord God will say unto you: Did I not declare my awords unto you, which were written by this man, like as one bcrying from the dead, yea, even as one speaking out of the cdust?

No comments:

Post a Comment