Thursday, July 8, 2010

"Thick darkness"

  1. 22 And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:
  2. 21 And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.
  3. 11 And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness.
  4. 22 ¶ These words the Lord spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.
  5. 12 ¶ Then spake Solomon, The Lord said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
  6. 1 Then said Solomon, The Lord hath said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
  7. 9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
  8. 2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
  9. 15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,
  10. 20 And it came to pass that there was thick darkness upon all the face of the land, insomuch that the inhabitants thereof who had not fallen could feel the vapor of darkness;
  11. 15 After I had retired to the place where I had previously designed to go, having looked around me, and finding myself alone, I kneeled down and began to offer up the desires of my heart to God. I had scarcely done so, when immediately I was seized upon by some power which entirely overcame me, and had such an astonishing influence over me as to bind my tongue so that I could not speak. Thick darkness gathered around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to sudden destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment