Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tempt the Lord

  1. 2 Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? wherefore do ye tempt the Lord?
    • • •
    7 And he called the name of the place Massah, and Meribah, because of the chiding of the children of Israel, and because they tempted the Lord, saying, Is the Lord among us, or not?
  2. 16 ¶ Ye shall not tempt the Lord your God, as ye tempted him in Massah.
  3. 12 But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the Lord.
  4. 7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
  5. 12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
  6. 9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
  7. 12 But Ahaz said: I will not ask, neither will I tempt the Lord.
  8. 14 And I said unto him: What am I that I should tempt God to show unto thee a sign in the thing which thou knowest to be true? Yet thou wilt deny it, because thou art of the devil. Nevertheless, not my will be done; but if God shall smite thee, let that be a sign unto thee that he has power, both in heaven and in earth; and also, that Christ shall come. And thy will, O Lord, be done, and not mine.
  9. 15 For behold, he has put it into their hearts to get thee to tempt the Lord thy God, in asking to translate it over again.
    • • •
    29 Now, behold, they have altered these words, because Satan saith unto them: He hath deceived you—and thus he flattereth them away to do iniquity, to get thee to tempt the Lord thy God.

No comments:

Post a Comment