Saturday, March 16, 2013

"Hearken unto"

  1.   17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy awife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: bcursed is the ground for thy sake; in csorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
  2.   23 And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have aslain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.
  3.   12 ¶ And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in aIsaac shall thy bseed be called.
  4.   15 My lord, hearken unto me: the land is worth four hundred ashekels of silver; what is that betwixt me and thee? bury therefore thy dead.
      16 And Abraham hearkened unto aEphron; and Abraham bweighed to cEphron the silver, which he had named in the audience of the sons of Heth, four hundred shekels of silver, current money with the merchant.
  5.   17 And God hearkened unto Leah, and she conceived, and bare Jacob the fifth son.
  6.   17 But if ye will not hearken unto us, to be circumcised; then will we take our daughter, and we will be gone.
  7.   10 And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph aday by day, that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.
  8.   2 Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your afather.
  9.   1 And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not abelieve me, nor bhearken unto my voice: for they will say, The Lord hath not appeared unto thee.
          •  •  •
      9 And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe also these two signs, neither hearken unto thy voice, that thou shalt take of the water of athe river, and pour it upon the dry land: and the water which thou takest out of the river shall become bblood upon the dry land.
  10.   9 ¶ And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for acruel bondage.
          •  •  •
      12 And Moses spake before the Lord, saying, Behold, the children of Israel have not hearkened unto me; how then shall Pharaoh hear me, who am aof uncircumcised lips?
          •  •  •
      30 And Moses said before the Lord, Behold, I am aof uncircumcised lips, and how shall Pharaoh hearken unto me?
  11.   4 aBut Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine barmies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.
          •  •  •
      13 aAnd he hardened Pharaoh’s heart, that he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.
          •  •  •
      22 And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments: and Pharaoh’s heart was hardened, neither did he hearken unto them; as the Lord had said.
  12.   15 But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he ahardened his heart, and hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.
          •  •  •
      19 Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the afinger of God: and Pharaoh’s heart was hardened, and he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.
  13.   12 aAnd the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had spoken unto Moses.
  14.   9 And the Lord said unto Moses, Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you; that my wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt.
  15.   20 Notwithstanding they ahearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them.
  16.   19 Hearken now unto my voice, I will give thee counsel, and God shall be with thee: aBe thou for the people to bGod-ward, that thou mayest bring the causes unto God:
  17.   14 ¶ But if ye will not ahearken unto me, and will not do all these bcommandments;
          •  •  •
      18 And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will apunish you seven times more for your sins.
          •  •  •
      21 ¶ And if ye walk acontrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more bplagues upon you according to your sins.
          •  •  •
      27 And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me;
  18.   18 And he took up his parable, and said, Rise up, Balak, and hear; hearken unto me, thou son of Zippor:
  19.   19 For I was afraid of the anger and hot displeasure, wherewith the Lord was wroth against you to adestroy you. But the Lord bhearkened unto me at that time also.
  20.   10 And I stayed in the mount, according to the first time, forty days and forty nights; and the Lord hearkened unto me at that time also, and the Lord would not destroy thee.
  21.   13 ¶ And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to alove the Lord your God, and to bserve him with all your heart and with all your soul,
  22.   3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that aprophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God bproveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
          •  •  •
      8 Thou shalt not aconsent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
  23.   5 Only if thou carefully hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all these commandments which I command thee this day.
  24.   12 And the man that will do presumptuously, and will not hearken unto the priest that standeth to minister there before the Lord thy God, or unto the judge, even that man shall die: and thou shalt put away the evil from Israel.
  25.   14 For these nations, which thou shalt apossess, hearkened unto bobservers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the Lord thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.
          •  •  •
      19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
  26.   18 ¶ If a man have a astubborn and rebellious son, which will not bobey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
  27.   5 Nevertheless the Lord thy God would not hearken unto Balaam; but the Lord thy God turned the acurse into a bblessing unto thee, because the Lord thy God cloved thee.
  28.   17 Thou hast aavouched the bLord this day to be thy God, and to walk in his ways, and to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and to hearken unto his voice:
  29.   1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt ahearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on bhigh above all nations of the earth:
      2 And all these ablessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God.
          •  •  •
      13 And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:
          •  •  •
      15 ¶ But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not ahearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these bcurses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
          •  •  •
      45 Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee:
  30.   10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou aturn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
  31.   9 ¶ And Joshua the son of aNun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had blaid his hands upon him: and the children of Israel chearkened unto him, and did as the Lord commanded Moses.
  32.   17 According as we hearkened unto Moses in all things, so will we hearken unto thee: only the Lord thy God be with thee, as he was with Moses.
      18 Whosoever he be that doth arebel against thy commandment, and will not hearken unto thy words in all that thou commandest him, he shall be put to bdeath: only be strong and of a good courage.
  33.   14 And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the Lord hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the Lord afought for Israel.
  34.   10 But I would not hearken unto Balaam; therefore he blessed you still: so I delivered you out of his hand.
  35.   17 And yet they would not hearken unto their judges, but they went a awhoring after other bgods, and bowed themselves unto them: they turned cquickly out of the way which their fathers walked in, obeying the commandments of the Lord; but they did not so.
          •  •  •
      20 ¶ And the anger of the Lord was hot against Israel; and he said, Because that this people hath transgressed my covenant which I commanded their fathers, and have not hearkened unto my voice;
  36.   4 And they were to prove Israel by them, to know whether they would hearken unto the commandments of the Lord, which he commanded their fathers by the hand of Moses.
  37.   7 ¶ And when they told it to Jotham, he went and stood in the top of mount aGerizim, and lifted up his voice, and cried, and said unto them, Hearken unto me, ye men of Shechem, that God may hearken unto you.
  38.   28 Howbeit the king of the children of Ammon hearkened not unto the words of Jephthah which he sent him.
  39.   25 If one man sin against another, the judge shall ajudge him: but if a man sin against the Lord, who shall intreat for him? Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto the voice of their father, because the Lord would slay them.
  40.   7 And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the avoice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have brejected me, that I should not creign over them.
          •  •  •
      9 Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet aprotest solemnly unto them, and shew them the manner of the bking that shall creign over them.
          •  •  •
      22 And the Lord said to Samuel, Hearken unto their voice, and make them a king. And Samuel said unto the men of Israel, Go ye every man unto his city.
  41.   1 And Samuel said unto all Israel, Behold, I have hearkened unto your voice in all that ye said unto me, and have made a king over you.
  42.   1 Samuel also said unto Saul, The Lord sent me to aanoint thee to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the Lord.
  43.   6 And Saul hearkened unto the voice of Jonathan: and Saul sware, As the Lord liveth, he shall not be slain.
  44.   21 ¶ And the woman came unto Saul, and saw that he was sore troubled, and said unto him, Behold, thine handmaid hath obeyed thy voice, and I have put my life in my hand, and have hearkened unto thy words which thou spakest unto me.
          •  •  •
      23 But he refused, and said, I will not eat. But his servants, together with the woman, compelled him; and he hearkened unto their voice. So he arose from the earth, and sat upon the bed.
  45.   24 For who will hearken unto you in this matter? but as his part is that goeth down to the battle, so shall his part be that tarrieth by the stuff: they ashall part alike.
  46.   18 And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died. And the servants of David feared to tell him that the child was dead: for they said, Behold, while the child was yet alive, we spake unto him, and he would not hearken unto our voice: how will he then vex himself, if we tell him that the child is dead?
  47.   14 Howbeit he would not hearken unto her voice: but, being stronger than she, forced her, and lay with her.
          •  •  •
      16 And she said unto him, There is no cause: this evil in sending me away is greater than the other that thou didst unto me. But he would not hearken unto her.
  48.   28 Yet have thou respect unto the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O Lord my God, to hearken unto the cry and to the prayer, which thy servant prayeth before thee to day:
      29 That thine eyes may be open toward this ahouse night and day, even toward the bplace of which thou hast said, My cname shall be there: that thou mayest hearken unto the dprayer which thy servant shall make toward this place.
          •  •  •
      52 That thine eyes may be open unto the supplication of thy servant, and unto the supplication of thy people Israel, to hearken unto them in all that they call for unto thee.
  49.   38 And it shall be, if thou wilt hearken unto all that I command thee, and wilt awalk in my ways, and do that is right in my sight, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as David my servant bdid; that I will be with thee, and build thee a sure chouse, as I built for David, and will give Israel unto thee.
  50.   15 Wherefore the king hearkened not unto the people; for the acause was from the Lord, that he might perform his saying, which the Lord spake by bAhijah the Shilonite unto Jeroboam the son of Nebat.
      16 ¶ So when all Israel saw that the king hearkened not unto them, the people answered the king, saying, What portion have we in David? neither have we inheritance in the son of Jesse: to your tents, O Israel: now see to thine own house, David. So Israel adeparted unto their tents. 
    1.   20 So Ben-hadad hearkened unto king Asa, and sent the captains of the hosts which he had against the cities of Israel, and smote Ijon, and Dan, and Abel-beth-maachah, and all Cinneroth, with all the land of Naphtali.
    2.   8 And all the elders and all the people said unto him, Hearken not unto him, nor consent.
            •  •  •
        25 And number thee an army, like the army that thou hast lost, horse for horse, and chariot for chariot: and we will fight against them in the plain, and surely we shall be stronger than they. And he hearkened unto their voice, and did so.
    3.   6 Then he wrote a letter the second time to them, saying, If ye be mine, and if ye will hearken unto my voice, take ye the heads of the men your master’s sons, and come to me to Jezreel by to morrow this time. Now the king’s sons, being seventy persons, were with the great men of the city, which brought them up.
    4.   4 And Jehoahaz abesought the Lord, and the Lord hearkened unto him: for he saw the boppression of Israel, because the king of Syria oppressed them.
    5.   9 And the king of Assyria hearkened unto him: for the king of Assyria went up against Damascus, and took it, and carried the people of it captive to Kir, and slew Rezin.
    6.   32 Until I come and take you away to a land like your own land, a land of corn and wine, a land of bread and vineyards, a land of oil olive and of honey, that ye may live, and not die: and hearken not unto Hezekiah, when he persuadeth you, saying, The Lord will deliver us.
    7.   13 And Hezekiah hearkened unto them, and shewed them all the house of his precious things, the silver, and the gold, and the spices, and the precious ointment, and all the house of his armour, and all that was found in his atreasures: there was nothing in his house, nor in all his dominion, that Hezekiah shewed them not.
    8.   13 Go ye, enquire of the Lord for me, and for the people, and for all Judah, concerning the words of this book that is found: for great is the awrath of the Lord that is kindled against us, because our fathers have not hearkened unto the words of this book, to bdo according unto all that which is written concerning us.
    9.   19 Have respect therefore to the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O Lord my God, to hearken unto the cry and the prayer which thy servant prayeth before thee:
        20 That thine eyes may be open upon this house day and night, upon the place whereof thou hast said that thou wouldest put thy name there; to hearken unto the prayer which thy servant prayeth toward this place.
        21 Hearken therefore unto the supplications of thy servant, and of thy people Israel, which they shall make toward this place: hear thou from thy dwelling place, even from heaven; and when thou hearest, forgive.
    10.   15 So the king hearkened not unto the people: for the cause was of God, that the Lord might perform his word, which he spake by the hand of Ahijah the Shilonite to Jeroboam the son of Nebat.
        16 ¶ And when all Israel saw that the king would not hearken unto them, the people answered the king, saying, What portion have we in David? and we have none inheritance in the son of Jesse: every man to your tents, O Israel: and now, David, see to thine own house. So all Israel went to their tents.
    11.   4 And Ben-hadad hearkened unto king Asa, and sent the captains of his armies against the cities of Israel; and they smote Ijon, and Dan, and Abel-maim, and all the store cities of Naphtali.
    12.   17 Now after the death of Jehoiada came the princes of Judah, and made obeisance to the king. Then the king hearkened unto them.
    13.   16 And it came to pass, as he talked with him, that the king said unto him, aArt thou made of the king’s counsel? forbear; why shouldest thou be smitten? Then the prophet forbare, and said, I know that God hath determined to destroy thee, because thou hast done this, and hast not hearkened unto my counsel.
    14.   22 Nevertheless aJosiah would not turn his face from him, but disguised himself, that he might fight with him, and hearkened not unto the words of Necho from the mouth of God, and came to fight in the valley of Megiddo.
    15.   29 And testifiedst against them, that thou mightest bring them again unto thy law: yet they dealt proudly, and hearkened not unto thy commandments, but sinned against thy judgments, (which if a man do, he shall live in them;) and withdrew the shoulder, and hardened their neck, and would not hear.
            •  •  •
        34 Neither have our kings, our princes, our priests, nor our fathers, kept thy law, nor hearkened unto thy commandments and thy testimonies, wherewith thou didst testify against them.
    16.   27 Shall we then hearken unto you to do all this great evil, to transgress against our God in marrying astrange wives?
    17.   4 Now it came to pass, when they spake daily unto him, and he hearkened not unto them, that they told Haman, to see whether Mordecai’s matters would stand: for he had told them that he was a Jew.
    18.   16 If I had called, and he had answered me; yet would I not believe that he had hearkened unto my voice.
    19.   31 Mark well, O Job, hearken unto me: hold thy peace, and I will speak.
            •  •  •
        33 If not, hearken unto me: hold thy peace, and I shall teach thee wisdom.
    20.   10 Therefore hearken unto me, ye men of understanding: far be it from God, that he should do wickedness; and from the Almighty, that he should commit iniquity.
            •  •  •
        34 Let men of understanding tell me, and let a wise man hearken unto me.
    21.   14 Hearken unto this, O Job: stand still, and aconsider the wondrous bworks of God.
    22.   2 Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my aKing, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
    23.   11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
    24.   8 Hear, O my people, and I will testify unto thee: O Israel, if thou wilt hearken unto me;
            •  •  •
        13 Oh that my people had ahearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways!
    25.   20 Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.
    26.   25 But amurmured in their tents, and hearkened not unto the voice of the Lord.
    27.   33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
    28.   24 ¶ Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth.
    29.   32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
    30.   15 The way of a afool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto bcounsel is wise.
    31.   22 aHearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old.
    32.   3 ¶ Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the aremnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:
            •  •  •
        12 ¶ Hearken unto me, ye astouthearted, that are far from righteousness:
    33.   12 ¶ Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.
    34.   4 ¶ Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a alaw shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.
            •  •  •
        7 ¶ Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose aheart is my law; bfear ye not the creproach of dmen, neither be ye afraid of their erevilings.
    35.   2 Wherefore do ye aspend money for that which is not bread? and your blabour for that which satisfieth not? hearken cdiligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
    36.   19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring aevil upon this people, even the bfruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.
    37.   26 Yet they hearkened not unto me, nor inclined their ear, but ahardened their neck: they did bworse than their fathers.
    38.   11 ¶ Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring aevil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall bcry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.
    39.   12 And ye have done aworse than your bfathers; for, behold, ye walk every one after the cimagination of his evil heart, that they may not hearken unto me:
    40.   24 And it shall come to pass, if ye diligently hearken unto me, saith the Lord, to bring in no burden through the gates of this city on the sabbath day, but hallow the sabbath day, to do no work therein;
            •  •  •
        27 But if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the asabbath day, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day; then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the bpalaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.
    41.   16 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that aprophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a bvision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the Lord.
    42.   7 Yet ye have not hearkened unto me, saith the Lord; that ye might provoke me to anger with the works of your hands to your own hurt.
    43.   14 Therefore hearken not unto the words of the prophets that speak unto you, saying, Ye shall not serve the king of Babylon: for they prophesy a lie unto you.
            •  •  •
        17 Hearken not unto them; serve the king of aBabylon, and live: wherefore should this city be laid bwaste?
    44.   12 Then shall ye acall upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will bhearken unto you.
    45.   14 At the end of aseven years let ye go every man his brother an Hebrew, which hath been sold unto thee; and when he hath served thee six years, thou shalt let him go free from thee: but your fathers hearkened not unto me, neither inclined their ear.
            •  •  •
        17 Therefore thus saith the Lord; Ye have not hearkened unto me, in proclaiming aliberty, every one to his brother, and every man to his neighbour: behold, I proclaim a liberty for you, saith the Lord, to the sword, to the pestilence, and to the famine; and I will make you to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.
    46.   14 The words of Jonadab the son of Rechab, that he commanded his sons not to drink wine, are performed; for unto this day they drink none, but obey their father’s commandment: notwithstanding I have spoken unto you, rising early and speaking; but ye hearkened not unto me.
        15 I have sent also unto you all my servants the aprophets, rising up early and sending them, saying, bReturn ye now every man from his evil way, and amend your doings, and go not after other gods to serve them, and ye shall dwell in the land which I have given to you and to your fathers: but ye have not inclined your ear, nor hearkened unto me.
        16 Because the sons of Jonadab the son of Rechab have performed the commandment of their father, which he commanded them; but this people hath not hearkened unto me:
    47.   2 But neither he, nor his servants, nor the people of the land, did hearken unto the words of the Lord, which he spake by the prophet Jeremiah.
    48.   15 Then Jeremiah said unto Zedekiah, If I declare it unto thee, wilt thou not surely put me to death? and if I give thee counsel, wilt thou not hearken unto me?
    49.   16 As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, we will not ahearken unto thee.
    50.   6 Not to many people of a strange speech and of an hard language, whose words thou canst not understand. Surely, had I sent thee to them, they would have ahearkened unto thee.
        7 But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee; for they will not hearken unto me: for all the house of Israel are impudent and ahardhearted
      1.   8 But they rebelled against me, and would not hearken unto me: they did not every man cast away the abominations of their eyes, neither did they forsake the idols of Egypt: then I said, I will pour out my afury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the midst of the land of Egypt.
              •  •  •
          39 As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, if ye will not hearken unto me: but apollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your bidols.
      2.   6 Neither have we ahearkened unto thy servants the prophets, which spake in thy name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.
      3.   17 My God will cast them away, because they did not hearken unto him: and they shall be awanderers among the nations.
      4.   4 Be ye not as your afathers, unto whom the former prophets have cried, saying, Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Turn ye now from your evil ways, and from your evil doings: but they did bnot hear, nor chearken unto me, saith the Lord.
      5.   14 ¶ And when he had called all the people unto him, he said unto them, Hearken unto me every one of you, and understand:
      6.   19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to ahearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
      7.   13 ¶ And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
      8.   21 But after long abstinence Paul stood forth in the midst of them, and said, Sirs, ye should have hearkened unto me, and not have loosed from Crete, and to have gained this harm and loss.
      9.   18 But, behold, Laman and Lemuel would not hearken unto my words; and being agrieved because of the hardness of their hearts I cried unto the Lord for them.
      10.   28 And it came to pass that Laman was angry with me, and also with my father; and also was Lemuel, for he hearkened unto the words of Laman. Wherefore Laman and Lemuel did speak many ahard words unto us, their younger brothers, and they did smite us even with a rod.
      11.   11 And the Spirit said unto me again: Behold the aLord hath bdelivered him into thy hands. Yea, and I also knew that he had sought to take away mine own life; yea, and he would not hearken unto the commandments of the Lord; and he also had ctaken away our property.
              •  •  •
          32 And it came to pass that I spake with him, that if he would hearken unto my words, as the Lord liveth, and as I live, even so that if he would hearken unto our words, we would spare his life.
      12.   9 How is it that ye have not hearkened unto the word of the Lord?
      13.   1 And it shall come to pass, that if the aGentiles shall hearken unto the Lamb of God in that day that he shall manifest himself unto them in word, and also in bpower, in very deed, unto the ctaking away of their dstumbling blocks—
      14.   24 And I said unto them that it was the aword of God; and whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would bhold fast unto it, they would never perish; neither could the ctemptations and the fiery ddarts of the eadversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction.
      15.   22 And we know that the people who were in the land of Jerusalem were a arighteous people; for they kept the statutes and judgments of the Lord, and all his commandments, according to the law of Moses; wherefore, we know that they are a righteous people; and our father hath judged them, and hath led us away because we would hearken unto his words; yea, and our brother is like unto him. And after this manner of language did my brethren murmur and complain against us.
          23 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, spake unto them, saying: Do ye believe that our fathers, who were the children of Israel, would have been led away out of the hands of the aEgyptians if they had not hearkened unto the words of the Lord?
      16.   12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob, and Israel my called, for I am he; I am the afirst, and I am also the last.
      17.   12 Yea, as one generation passeth to another there shall be abloodsheds, and great visitations among them; wherefore, my sons, I would that ye would remember; yea, I would that ye would hearken unto my words.
              •  •  •
          28 And now my son, Laman, and also Lemuel and Sam, and also my sons who are the sons of Ishmael, behold, if ye will hearken unto the voice of Nephi ye shall not perish. And if ye will hearken unto him I leave unto you a ablessing, yea, even my first blessing.
          29 But if ye will not hearken unto him I take away my afirst blessing, yea, even my blessing, and it shall rest upon him.
      18.   28 And now, my sons, I would that ye should look to the great aMediator, and hearken unto his great commandments; and be faithful unto his words, and choose eternal life, according to the will of his Holy Spirit;
      19.   23 Wherefore, because of this covenant thou art ablessed; for thy seed shall not be destroyed, for they shall bhearken unto the words of the book.
              •  •  •
          25 And now, blessed art thou, Joseph. Behold, thou art little; wherefore hearken unto the words of thy brother, Nephi, and it shall be done unto thee even according to the words which I have spoken. Remember the words of thy dying father. Amen.
      20.   6 Wherefore, it came to pass that I, Nephi, did take my family, and also aZoram and his family, and Sam, mine elder brother and his family, and Jacob and Joseph, my younger brethren, and also my sisters, and all those who would go with me. And all those who would go with me were those who believed in the bwarnings and the revelations of God; wherefore, they did hearken unto my words.
              •  •  •
          20 Wherefore, the word of the Lord was fulfilled which he spake unto me, saying that: Inasmuch as they will anot hearken unto thy words they shall be bcut off from the presence of the Lord. And behold, they were ccut off from his presence.
              •  •  •
          25 And the Lord God said unto me: They shall be a scourge unto thy seed, to astir them up in remembrance of me; and inasmuch as they will not remember me, and hearken unto my words, they shall scourge them even unto destruction.
      21.   1 aHearken unto me, ye that follow after righteousness. Look unto the brock from whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit from whence ye are digged.
              •  •  •
          4 Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation; for a alaw shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a blight for the people.
              •  •  •
          7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart I have written my law, afear ye not the breproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their crevilings.
      22.   21 And he cometh into the world that he may asave all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the bpains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of cAdam.
              •  •  •
          28 O that cunning aplan of the evil one! O the bvainness, and the frailties, and the cfoolishness of men! When they are dlearned they think they are ewise, and they fhearken not unto the gcounsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their hwisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish.
          29 But to be alearned is good if they bhearken unto the ccounsels of God.
              •  •  •
          51 Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your alabor for that which cannot bsatisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and cfeast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness.
      23.   6 Therefore, O Lord, thou hast forsaken thy people, the house of Jacob, because they be replenished from the east, and hearken unto asoothsayers like the bPhilistines, and they please themselves in the children of strangers.
      24.   8 But behold, the righteous that hearken unto the words of the prophets, and destroy them not, but look forward unto Christ with asteadfastness for the signs which are given, notwithstanding all bpersecution—behold, they are they which shall cnot perish.
      25.   5 And they adeny the bpower of God, the Holy One of Israel; and they say unto the people: Hearken unto us, and hear ye our precept; for behold there is cno God today, for the Lord and the Redeemer hath done his work, and he hath given his power unto men;
          6 Behold, hearken ye unto my precept; if they shall say there is a miracle wrought by the hand of the Lord, believe it not; for this day he is not a God of amiracles; he hath done his work.
              •  •  •
          26 Yea, wo be unto him that ahearkeneth unto the precepts of men, and denieth the power of God, and the gift of the Holy Ghost!
              •  •  •
          30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon aprecept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn bwisdom; for unto him that creceiveth I will give dmore; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.
          31 Cursed is he that putteth his atrust in man, or maketh flesh his arm, or shall hearken unto the bprecepts of men, save their precepts shall be given by the power of the Holy Ghost.
      26.   8 And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the aSpirit which teacheth a man to bpray ye would know that ye must cpray; for the devil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.
      27.   10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also aJew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and bbelieve in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall cbelieve in Christ ye will believe in these dwords, for they are the ewords of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they fteach all men that they should do good.
      28.   5 But behold, hearken ye unto me, and know that by the help of the all-powerful Creator of heaven and earth I can tell you concerning your athoughts, how that ye are beginning to labor in sin, which sin appeareth very abominable unto me, yea, and abominable unto God.
              •  •  •
          30 For if I will, saith the Lord of Hosts, raise up aseed unto me, I will command my people; otherwise they shall hearken unto these things.
      29.   11 O my brethren, hearken unto my words; aarouse the faculties of your souls; shake yourselves that ye may bawake from the slumber of death; and loose yourselves from the pains of chell that ye may not become dangels to the devil, to be cast into that lake of fire and brimstone which is the second edeath.
      30.   12 Behold, I am Amaleki, the son of Abinadom. Behold, I will speak unto you somewhat concerning aMosiah, who was made king over the bland of Zarahemla; for behold, he being cwarned of the Lord that he should dflee out of the eland of fNephi, and as many as would hearken unto the voice of the Lord should also gdepart out of the land with him, into the wilderness—
          13 And it came to pass that he did according as the Lord had commanded him. And they departed out of the land into the wilderness, as many as would hearken unto the voice of the Lord; and they were led by many preachings and prophesyings. And they were admonished continually by the word of God; and they were led by the power of his aarm, through the wilderness until they came down into the land which is called the bland of Zarahemla.
      31.   9 And these are the words which he aspake and caused to be written, saying: My brethren, all ye that have assembled yourselves together, you that can hear my words which I shall speak unto you this day; for I have not commanded you to come up hither to btrifle with the words which I shall speak, but that you should chearken unto me, and open your ears that ye may hear, and your dhearts that ye may understand, and your eminds that the fmysteries of God may be unfolded to your view.
      32.   25 For if this people had not fallen into transgression the Lord would not have suffered that this great evil should come upon them. But behold, they would not hearken unto his words; but there arose contentions among them, even so much that they did shed blood among themselves.
      33.   11 Behold I say unto you, that whosoever has heard the words of the aprophets, yea, all the holy prophets who have prophesied concerning the coming of the Lord—I say unto you, that all those who have hearkened unto their words, and believed that the Lord would redeem his people, and have looked forward to that day for a remission of their sins, I say unto you, that these are his seed, or they are the heirs of the bkingdom of God.
      34.   2 And then shall the awicked be bcast out, and they shall have cause to howl, and cweep, and wail, and gnash their teeth; and this because they would not dhearken unto the voice of the Lord; therefore the Lord redeemeth them not.
      35.   21 For are not the words of Abinadi afulfilled, which he prophesied against us—and all this because we would not hearken unto the words of the Lord, and turn from our iniquities?
      36.   3 Now it came to pass that aGideon went forth and stood before the king, and said unto him: Now O king, thou hast hitherto hearkened unto my words many times when we have been contending with our brethren, the Lamanites.
              •  •  •
          9 And it came to pass that the king hearkened unto the words of Gideon.
      37.   37 O ye workers of iniquity; ye that are apuffed up in the vain things of the world, ye that have professed to have known the ways of righteousness nevertheless have gone bastray, as csheep having no dshepherd, notwithstanding a shepherd hath ecalled after you and is still calling after you, but ye will not fhearken unto his voice!
          38 Behold, I say unto you, that the good ashepherd doth call you; yea, and in his own name he doth call you, which is the name of Christ; and if ye will not bhearken unto the voice of the cgood shepherd, to the dname by which ye are called, behold, ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd.
              •  •  •
          41 Therefore, if a man bringeth forth agood works he hearkeneth unto the voice of the good shepherd, and he doth follow him; but whosoever bringeth forth evil works, the same becometh a bchild of the devil, for he hearkeneth unto his voice, and doth follow him.
              •  •  •
          60 And now I say unto you that the good shepherd doth call after you; and if you will hearken unto his voice he will bring you into his fold, and ye are his sheep; and he commandeth you that ye suffer no ravenous wolf to enter among you, that ye may not be destroyed.
      38.   9 Now Satan had gotten great ahold upon the hearts of the people of the city of Ammonihah; therefore they would not hearken unto the words of Alma.
      39.   27 And now, my brethren, I awish from the inmost part of my heart, yea, with great banxiety even unto pain, that ye would hearken unto my words, and cast off your sins, and not cprocrastinate the day of your repentance;
      40.   22 Now Ammon being awise, yet harmless, he said unto Lamoni: Wilt thou hearken unto my words, if I tell thee by what power I do these things? And this is the thing that I desire of thee.
      41.   30 And, as it happened, it was their lot to have fallen into the hands of a more hardened and a more astiffnecked people; therefore they would not hearken unto their words, and they had cast them out, and had smitten them, and had driven them from house to house, and from place to place, even until they had arrived in the land of Middoni; and there they were taken and cast into prison, and bound with bstrong cords, and kept in prison for many days, and were delivered by Lamoni and Ammon.
      42.   3 And it came to pass that after the more popular part of the Zoramites had consulted together concerning the words which had been preached unto them, they were angry because of the word, for it did destroy their acraft; therefore they would not hearken unto the words.
      43.   19 Now behold, Helaman and his brethren were no less aserviceable unto the people than was Moroni; for they did preach the word of God, and they did baptize unto repentance all men whosoever would hearken unto their words.
      44.   7 Yea, I would tell you these things if ye were capable of hearkening unto them; yea, I would tell you concerning that awful ahell that awaits to receive such bmurderers as thou and thy brother have been, except ye repent and withdraw your murderous purposes, and return with your armies to your own lands.
      45.   7 Oh, that I could have had my days in the days when my father Nephi first came out of the land of Jerusalem, that I could have ajoyed with him in the promised land; then were his people easy to be entreated, bfirm to keep the commandments of God, and slow to be led to do iniquity; and they were quick to hearken unto the words of the Lord—
              •  •  •
          18 It is because you have hardened your hearts; yea, ye will not ahearken unto the voice of the bgood shepherd; yea, ye have cprovoked him to anger against you.
              •  •  •
          23 For behold, thus saith the Lord: I will not show unto the wicked of my strength, to one more than the other, save it be unto those who repent of their sins, and hearken unto my words. Now therefore, I would that ye should behold, my brethren, that it shall be abetter for the Lamanites than for you except ye shall repent.
      46.   13 Now behold, anotwithstanding that great miracle which Nephi had done in telling them concerning the death of the chief judge, they did harden their hearts and did not hearken unto the words of the Lord.
              •  •  •
          15 And it came to pass that when Nephi had declared unto them the word, behold, they did still harden their hearts and would not hearken unto his words; therefore they did arevile against him, and did seek to lay their hands upon him that they might cast him into prison.
              •  •  •
          18 And it came to pass that they would not hearken unto his words; and there began to be contentions, insomuch that they were divided against themselves and began to slay one another with the sword.
      47.   13 O Lord, wilt thou hearken unto me, and cause that it may be done according to my words, and send forth arain upon the face of the earth, that she may bring forth her fruit, and her grain in the season of grain.
          14 O Lord, thou didst hearken unto amy words when I said, Let there be a famine, that the pestilence of the sword might cease; and I know that thou wilt, even at this time, hearken unto my words, for thou saidst that: If this people repent I will spare them.
      48.   4 O how afoolish, and how vain, and how evil, and devilish, and how bquick to do iniquity, and how slow to do good, are the children of men; yea, how quick to hearken unto the words of the evil one, and to set their chearts upon the vain things of the world!
              •  •  •
          23 Therefore, blessed are they who will repent and hearken unto the voice of the Lord their God; for these are they that shall be saved.
      49.   21 Behold ye, the people of this great city, and hearken unto my words; yea, hearken unto the words which the Lord saith; for behold, he saith that ye are acursed because of your riches, and also are your riches cursed because ye have set your hearts upon them, and have not bhearkened unto the words of him who gave them unto you.
      50.   15 But if they will not turn unto me, and hearken unto my voice, I will suffer them, yea, I will suffer my people, O house of Israel, that they shall go through among them, and shall atread them down, and they shall be as salt that hath lost its savor, which is thenceforth good for nothing but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of my people, O house of Israel. 
        1.   22 But if they will repent and hearken unto my words, and aharden not their hearts, I will bestablish my church among them, and they shall come in unto the covenant and be cnumbered among this the remnant of Jacob, unto whom I have given this land for their dinheritance;
        2.   5 And whosoever will hearken unto my words and repenteth and is baptized, the same shall be saved. Search the aprophets, for many there be that testify of these things.
        3.   34 And wo be unto him that will anot hearken unto the words of Jesus, and also to them whom he hath chosen and bsent among them; for whoso creceiveth not the words of Jesus and the words of those whom he hath sent receiveth not him; and therefore he will not receive them at the last day;
        4.   27 O then despise not, and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord, and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things soever ye shall stand in need. aDoubt not, but be believing, and begin as in times of old, and bcome unto the Lord with all your cheart, and dwork out your own salvation with fear and trembling before him.
        5.   7 And they hearkened not unto the voice of the Lord, because of their wicked combinations; wherefore, there began to be wars and acontentions in all the land, and also many famines and pestilences, insomuch that there was a great destruction, such an one as never had been known upon the face of the earth; and all this came to pass in the days of Shiblom.
                •  •  •
            13 And it came to pass that the people hardened their hearts, and would not ahearken unto their words; and the prophets bmourned and withdrew from among the people.
        6.   5 Verily, I say unto you, that awoe shall come unto the inhabitants of the earth if they will not bhearken unto my words;
        7.   1 Hearken unto the voice of the Lord your God, while I speak unto you, Emma Smith, my daughter; for verily I say unto you, all those who areceive my gospel are sons and daughters in my bkingdom.
        8.   6 And even so will I agather mine elect from the bfour quarters of the earth, even as many as will believe in me, and hearken unto my voice.
        9.   2 And again I say, hearken unto my voice, lest adeath shall overtake you; in an bhour when ye think not the summer shall be past, and the charvest ended, and your souls not saved.
        10.   1 Hearken unto my word, my servants Sidney, and Parley, and Leman; for behold, verily I say unto you, that I give unto you a commandment that you shall go and apreach my gospel which ye have received, even as ye have received it, unto the Shakers.
        11.   1 Hearken unto me, saith the Lord your God, and I will speak unto my servant aEdward Partridge, and give unto him directions; for it must needs be that he receive directions how to organize this people.
        12.   1 Behold, and hearken unto the voice of him who has all apower, who is from everlasting to everlasting, even bAlpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
        13.   1 Hearken unto me, saith the Lord your God, for my servant Oliver Cowdery’s sake. It is not wisdom in me that he should be entrusted with the commandments and the moneys which he shall acarry unto the land of Zion, except one go with him who will be btrue and faithful.
        14.   1 The Lord spake unto Joseph Smith, Jun., saying: Hearken unto me, saith the Lord your God, who are ordained unto the ahigh priesthood of my church, who have assembled yourselves together;
        15.   7 They were slow to ahearken unto the voice of the Lord their God; therefore, the Lord their God is slow to hearken unto their prayers, to answer them in the day of their trouble.
                •  •  •
            50 And while they were at variance one with another they became very aslothful, and they hearkened not unto the commandments of their lord.
                •  •  •
            74 And the churches in the aeastern countries, when they are built up, if they will hearken unto this counsel they may buy lands and gather together upon them; and in this way they may establish Zion.
        16.   4 And that those who call themselves after my name might be achastened for a little season with a sore and grievous chastisement, because they did not bhearken altogether unto the precepts and commandments which I gave unto them.
        17.   17 But the strength of mine house have not hearkened unto my words.
            18 But inasmuch as there are those who have hearkened unto my words, I have prepared a blessing and an aendowment for them, if they continue faithful.
        18.   45 And if my people will hearken unto my voice, and unto the voice of my aservants whom I have appointed to lead my people, behold, verily I say unto you, they shall not be moved out of their place.
                •  •  •
            110 Verily I say unto you, even now, if he will hearken unto my voice, it shall be well with him. Even so. Amen.
                •  •  •
            112 This let him do if he will have an interest; and let him hearken unto the counsel of my servant Joseph, and labor with his own hands that he may obtain the confidence of men.
                •  •  •
            118 And hearken unto the counsel of my servants Joseph, and Hyrum, and William Law, and unto the authorities which I have called to lay the foundation of Zion; and it shall be well with him forever and ever. Even so. Amen.
        19.   4 And he became aSatan, yea, even the bdevil, the father of all clies, to ddeceive and to blind men, and to lead them ecaptive at his will, even as many as would not fhearken unto my voice.
                •  •  •
            23 And unto Adam, I, the Lord God, said: Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the fruit of the tree of which I commanded thee, saying—Thou shalt not eat of it, acursed shall be the ground for thy sake; in bsorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.
        20.   17 And she again conceived and bare his brother Abel. And Abel ahearkened unto the voice of the Lord. And bAbel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
                •  •  •
            23 If thou doest well, thou shalt be aaccepted. And if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door, and Satan bdesireth to have thee; and except thou shalt hearken unto my commandments, I will cdeliver thee up, and it shall be unto thee according to his desire. And thou shalt drule over him;
                •  •  •
            47 And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah: Hear my voice, ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech; for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.
                •  •  •
            57 For they would not ahearken unto his voice, nor believe on his Only Begotten Son, even him whom he declared should bcome in the meridian of time, who was cprepared from before the foundation of the world.
        21.   1 And Adam hearkened unto the voice of God, and called upon his sons to repent.
                •  •  •
            52 And he also said unto him: If thou wilt turn unto me, and hearken unto my voice, and believe, and repent of all thy transgressions, and be abaptized, even in water, in the name of mine Only Begotten Son, who is full of bgrace and truth, which is Jesus cChrist, the only dname which shall be given under heaven, whereby esalvation shall come unto the children of men, ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, asking all things in his name, and whatsoever ye shall ask, it shall be given you.
        22.   13 And aNoah and his sons hearkened unto the Lord, and gave heed, and they were called the bsons of God.
                •  •  •
            20 And it came to pass that Noah called upon the children of men that they should arepent; but they hearkened not unto his words;
            21 And also, after that they had heard him, they came up before him, saying: Behold, we are the sons of God; have we not taken unto ourselves the daughters of men? And are we not aeating and drinking, and marrying and giving in marriage? And our wives bear unto us children, and the same are mighty men, which are like unto men of old, men of great renown. And they hearkened not unto the words of Noah.
        23.   7 Therefore they turned their hearts to the sacrifice of the aheathen in offering up their children unto these dumb idols, and hearkened not unto my voice, but endeavored to take away my blife by the hand of the priest of Elkenah. The priest of Elkenah was also the priest of Pharaoh.
        24.   13 Thou didst send thine angel to adeliver me from the gods of Elkenah, and I will do well to hearken unto thy voice, therefore let thy servant rise up and depart in peace.
         
       
     

No comments:

Post a Comment