Thursday, August 9, 2012

"In the beginning"

  1. 1 In the abeginning bGod ccreated the dheaven and the eearth.
  2. 10 Also in the day of your gladness, and in your asolemn days, and in the beginnings of your months, ye shall blow with the btrumpets over your burnt offerings, and over the sacrifices of your peace offerings; that they may be to you for a memorial before your God: I am the Lord your God.
  3. 11 ¶ And in the abeginnings of your months ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the Lord; two young bullocks, and one ram, seven lambs of the first year without spot;
  4. 19 ¶ So Gideon, and the hundred men that were with him, came unto the outside of the camp in the beginning of the middle watch; and they had but newly set the watch: and they blew the trumpets, and brake the pitchers that were in their hands.
  5. 22 So Naomi returned, and Ruth the Moabitess, her daughter in law, with her, which returned out of the country of Moab: and they came to Beth-lehem in the beginning of barley harvest.
  6. 9 And he delivered them into the hands of the Gibeonites, and they hanged them in the hill before the Lord: and they fell all seven together, and were put to death in the days of harvest, in the first days, in the beginning of barley harvest.
  7. 6 And in the reign of aAhasuerus, in the beginning of his reign, wrote they unto him an accusation against the inhabitants of Judah and Jerusalem.
  8. 22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his aworks of old.
  9. 1 In the beginning of the reign of aJehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah came this word from the Lord, saying,
  10. 1 In the beginning of the reign of aJehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah came this word unto Jeremiah from the Lord, saying,
  11. 1 And it came to pass the same year, in the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah, in the fourth year, and in the fifth month, that Hananiah the son of Azur the prophet, which was of Gibeon, spake unto me in the house of the Lord, in the presence of the priests and of all the people, saying,
  12. 34 ¶ The word of the Lord that came to Jeremiah the prophet against aElam in the beginning of the reign of bZedekiah king of Judah, saying,
  13. 19 Arise, cry out in the night: in the beginning of the watches pour out thine heart like water before the face of the Lord: lift up thy hands toward him for the life of thy young children, that faint for hunger in the top of every street.
  14. 1 In the five and twentieth year of our captivity, in the beginning of the year, in the tenth day of the month, in the fourteenth year after that the city was smitten, in the selfsame day the ahand of the Lord was upon me, and brought me thither.
  15. 1 Thus hath the Lord God shewed unto me; and, behold, he formed grasshoppers in the beginning of the shooting up of the latter growth; and, lo, it was the latter growth after the king’s mowings.
  16. 1 aIn the bbeginning was the Word, and the cWord was with God, and the dWord was eGod.
    2 The same was in the abeginning with God.
  17. 15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.
  18. 10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the afoundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine bhands:
  19. 33 And it came to pass that we did again take our journey, traveling nearly the same course as in the beginning; and after we had traveled for the space of many days we did pitch our tents again, that we might tarry for the space of a time.
  20. 63 Graft in the branches; begin at the alast that they may be first, and that the first may be blast, and dig about the trees, both old and young, the first and the last; and the last and the first, that all may be nourished once again for the last time.
    • • •
    75 And it came to pass that when the aLord of the vineyard saw that his fruit was good, and that his vineyard was no more corrupt, he called up his servants, and said unto them: Behold, for this last time have we nourished my vineyard; and thou beholdest that I have done according to my will; and I have preserved the natural fruit, that it is good, even like as it was in the beginning. And bblessed art thou; for because ye have been diligent in laboring with me in my vineyard, and have kept my commandments, and have brought unto me again the cnatural fruit, that my vineyard is no more corrupted, and the bad is cast away, behold ye shall have djoy with me because of the fruit of my vineyard.
  21. 27 And because he said unto them that Christ was the aGod, the Father of all things, and said that he should take upon him the bimage of man, and it should be the cimage after which man was created in the beginning; or in other words, he said that man was created after the image of dGod, and that God should come down among the children of men, and take upon him flesh and blood, and go forth upon the face of the earth—
  22. 34 Ammon said unto him: I am a aman; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy bSpirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true;
  23. 10 And now behold, I have somewhat to say concerning the apeople of Ammon, who, in the beginning, were Lamanites; but by Ammon and his brethren, or rather by the power and word of God, they had been bconverted unto the Lord; and they had been brought down into the land of Zarahemla, and had ever since been protected by the Nephites.
  24. 39 And it was because of the wickedness and abomination of their fathers, even as it was in the beginning. And they were ataught to hate the children of God, even as the Lamanites were taught to bhate the children of Nephi from the beginning.
  25. 15 And never have I ashowed myself unto man whom I have created, for never has man bbelieved in me as thou hast. Seest thou that ye are created after mine own cimage? Yea, even all men were created in the beginning after mine own image.
  26. 14 And to anone else will I grant this power, to receive this same testimony among this generation, in this the beginning of the rising up and the coming forth of my bchurch out of the wilderness—clear as the cmoon, and fair as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners.
  27. 14 Behold, I, the Lord, in the beginning blessed the awaters; but in the last days, by the mouth of my servant John, I bcursed the waters.
    • • •
    17 And, as I, the Lord, in the beginning acursed the land, even so in the last days have I bblessed it, in its time, for the use of my saints, that they may partake the fatness thereof.
  28. 12 Q. What are we to understand by the sounding of the atrumpets, mentioned in the 8th chapter of Revelation?
    A. We are to understand that as God bmade the world in six days, and on the seventh day he finished his work, and csanctified it, and also formed man out of the ddust of the earth, even so, in the beginning of the seventh thousand years will the Lord God esanctify the earth, and complete the salvation of man, and fjudge all things, and shall gredeem all things, except that which he hath not put into his power, when he shall have sealed all things, unto the end of all things; and the sounding of the trumpets of the seven angels are the preparing and finishing of his work, in the beginning of the seventh thousand years—the hpreparing of the way before the time of his coming.
  29. 127 And again, the order of the house prepared for the apresidency of the bschool of the cprophets, established for their instruction in all things that are expedient for them, even for all the dofficers of the church, or in other words, those who are called to the ministry in the church, beginning at the high priests, even down to the deacons—
  30. 7 And he bore record, saying: I saw his glory, that he was in the abeginning, before the world was;
    8 Therefore, in the beginning the aWord was, for he was the Word, even the messenger of salvation—
    • • •
    21 And now, verily I say unto you, I was in the abeginning with the Father, and am the bFirstborn;
    • • •
    23 Ye were also in the beginning with the Father; that which is aSpirit, even the Spirit of truth;
    • • •
    29 Man was also in the abeginning with God. bIntelligence, or the clight of dtruth, was not ecreated or made, neither indeed can be.
    • • •
    38 Every aspirit of man was binnocent in the beginning; and God having credeemed man from the dfall, men became again, in their infant state, einnocent before God.
  31. 55 I observed that they were also among the anoble and great ones who were bchosen in the beginning to be rulers in the Church of God.
  32. 1 And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto Moses, saying: Behold, I areveal unto you concerning this bheaven, and this cearth; dwrite the words which I speak. I am the Beginning and the End, the eAlmighty God; by mine fOnly Begotten I gcreated these things; yea, in the beginning I hcreated the iheaven, and the earth upon which thou standest.
  33. 7 Now this same aPriesthood, which was in the beginning, shall be in the end of the world also.
    • • •
    30 And this is a decree, which I have sent forth in the beginning of the world, from my own mouth, from the foundation thereof, and by the mouths of my servants, thy fathers, have I decreed it, even as it shall be sent forth in the world, unto the ends thereof.
  34. 16 And it came to pass that Noah aprophesied, and taught the things of God, even as it was in the beginning.
  35. 21 I dwell in the midst of them all; I now, therefore, have come down unto thee to declare unto thee the aworks which my hands have made, wherein my bwisdom excelleth them all, for I crule in the heavens above, and in the earth beneath, in all wisdom and prudence, over all the intelligences thine eyes have seen from the beginning; I came down in the beginning in the midst of all the intelligences thou hast seen.
  36. 43 After this communication, I saw the light in the room begin to gather immediately around the person of him who had been speaking to me, and it continued to do so until the room was again left dark, except just around him; when, instantly I saw, as it were, a conduit open right up into heaven, and he aascended till he entirely disappeared, and the room was left as it had been before this heavenly light had made its appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment