Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Pleasing unto"

  1. 4 They shall not offer wine offerings to the Lord, neither shall they be pleasing unto him: their sacrifices shall be unto them as the bread of mourners; all that eat thereof shall be polluted: for their bread for their soul shall not come into the house of the Lord.
  2. 20 aChildren, bobey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
  3. 5 Wherefore, the things which are apleasing unto the world I do not write, but the things which are pleasing unto God and unto those who are not of the world.
  4. 32 And I engraved that which is pleasing unto God. And if my people are pleased with the things of God they will be pleased with mine engravings which are upon these plates.
  5. 7 And also it grieveth me that I must use so much aboldness of speech concerning you, before your wives and your children, many of whose feelings are exceedingly tender and bchaste and delicate before God, which thing is pleasing unto God;
  6. 22 Now, this thing was pleasing unto me, Jacob, for I had requested it of my Father who was in heaven; for he had heard my cry and answered my prayer.
  7. 53 But behold, the devil hath adeceived me; for he bappeared unto me in the cform of an angel, and said unto me: Go and reclaim this people, for they have all gone astray after an unknown God. And he said unto me: There is dno God; yea, and he taught me that which I should say. And I have taught his words; and I taught them because they were pleasing unto the ecarnal mind; and I taught them, even until I had much success, insomuch that I verily believed that they were true; and for this cause I withstood the truth, even until I have brought this great fcurse upon me.
  8. 11 And it shall be given thee, also, to make a selection of asacred bhymns, as it shall be given thee, which is pleasing unto me, to be had in my church.
  9. 15 And again, to some it is given by the Holy Ghost to know the adifferences of administration, as it will be pleasing unto the same Lord, according as the Lord will, suiting his bmercies according to the conditions of the children of men.
  10. 4 And again, you shall be ordained to assist my servant Oliver Cowdery to do the work of printing, and of selecting and writing abooks for bschools in this church, that little cchildren also may receive dinstruction before me as is pleasing unto me.
  11. 2 Behold, this is pleasing unto your Lord, and the angels arejoice over you; the balms of your prayers have come up into the ears of the Lord of cSabaoth, and are recorded in the dbook of the names of the sanctified, even them of the celestial world.
  12. 13 And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be aused, only in times of winter, or of cold, or bfamine.

No comments:

Post a Comment