Friday, June 22, 2012

"Not hearken"

  1. 17 But if ye will not hearken unto us, to be circumcised; then will we take our daughter, and we will be gone.
  2. 12 And Moses spake before the Lord, saying, Behold, the children of Israel have not hearkened unto me; how then shall Pharaoh hear me, who am aof uncircumcised lips?
  3. 4 aBut Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine barmies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.
  4. 9 And the Lord said unto Moses, Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you; that my wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt.
  5. 14 ¶ But if ye will not ahearken unto me, and will not do all these bcommandments;
    • • •
    21 ¶ And if ye walk acontrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more bplagues upon you according to your sins.
  6. 22 Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my amiracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have btempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;
  7. 45 And ye returned and wept before the Lord; but the Lord would not hearken to your voice, nor give ear unto you.
  8. 23 Likewise when the Lord sent you from Kadesh-barnea, saying, Go up and possess the land which I have given you; then ye arebelled against the commandment of the Lord your God, and ye believed him not, nor hearkened to his voice.
  9. 3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that aprophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God bproveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
  10. 12 And the man that will do presumptuously, and will not hearken unto the priest that standeth to minister there before the Lord thy God, or unto the judge, even that man shall die: and thou shalt put away the evil from Israel.
  11. 19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
  12. 18 ¶ If a man have a astubborn and rebellious son, which will not bobey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
  13. 5 Nevertheless the Lord thy God would not hearken unto Balaam; but the Lord thy God turned the acurse into a bblessing unto thee, because the Lord thy God cloved thee.
  14. 15 ¶ But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not ahearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these bcurses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
  15. 18 Whosoever he be that doth arebel against thy commandment, and will not hearken unto thy words in all that thou commandest him, he shall be put to bdeath: only be strong and of a good courage.
  16. 10 But I would not hearken unto Balaam; therefore he blessed you still: so I delivered you out of his hand.
  17. 17 And yet they would not hearken unto their judges, but they went a awhoring after other bgods, and bowed themselves unto them: they turned cquickly out of the way which their fathers walked in, obeying the commandments of the Lord; but they did not so.
    • • •
    20 ¶ And the anger of the Lord was hot against Israel; and he said, Because that this people hath transgressed my covenant which I commanded their fathers, and have not hearkened unto my voice;
  18. 17 Then Israel asent messengers unto the king of Edom, saying, Let me, I pray thee, pass through thy land: but the king of Edom would not hearken thereto. And in like manner they sent unto the king of Moab: but he would not consent: and Israel abode in Kadesh.
  19. 25 But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go.
  20. 13 Now therefore deliver us the men, the children of aBelial, which are in Gibeah, that we may put them to death, and put away evil from Israel. But the children of Benjamin would not hearken to the voice of their brethren the children of Israel:
  21. 18 And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died. And the servants of David feared to tell him that the child was dead: for they said, Behold, while the child was yet alive, we spake unto him, and he would not hearken unto our voice: how will he then vex himself, if we tell him that the child is dead?
  22. 14 Howbeit he would not hearken unto her voice: but, being stronger than she, forced her, and lay with her.
    • • •
    16 And she said unto him, There is no cause: this evil in sending me away is greater than the other that thou didst unto me. But he would not hearken unto her.
  23. 40 Howbeit they did not hearken, but they did after their former manner.
  24. 13 Go ye, enquire of the Lord for me, and for the people, and for all Judah, concerning the words of this book that is found: for great is the awrath of the Lord that is kindled against us, because our fathers have not hearkened unto the words of this book, to bdo according unto all that which is written concerning us.
  25. 16 ¶ And when all Israel saw that the king would not hearken unto them, the people answered the king, saying, What portion have we in David? and we have none inheritance in the son of Jesse: every man to your tents, O Israel: and now, David, see to thine own house. So all Israel went to their tents.
  26. 16 And it came to pass, as he talked with him, that the king said unto him, aArt thou made of the king’s counsel? forbear; why shouldest thou be smitten? Then the prophet forbare, and said, I know that God hath determined to destroy thee, because thou hast done this, and hast not hearkened unto my counsel.
  27. 10 And the Lord spake to Manasseh, and to his people: but they would not ahearken.
  28. 33 If not, hearken unto me: hold thy peace, and I shall teach thee wisdom.
  29. 5 Which will not hearken to the voice of charmers, charming never so wisely.
  30. 11 But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me.
  31. 2 Wherefore do ye aspend money for that which is not bread? and your blabour for that which satisfieth not? hearken cdiligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
  32. 17 Also I set awatchmen over you, saying, bHearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken.
    • • •
    19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring aevil upon this people, even the bfruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.
  33. 27 Therefore thou shalt speak all these words unto them; but they will not hearken to thee: thou shalt also call unto them; but they will not answer thee.
  34. 11 ¶ Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring aevil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall bcry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.
  35. 12 And ye have done aworse than your bfathers; for, behold, ye walk every one after the cimagination of his evil heart, that they may not hearken unto me:
  36. 27 But if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the asabbath day, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day; then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the bpalaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.
  37. 3 From the thirteenth ayear of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, even unto this day, that is the three and twentieth year, the word of the Lord hath come unto me, and I have spoken unto you, rising early and speaking; but ye have not hearkened.
    4 And the Lord hath sent unto you all his servants the aprophets, rising early and sending them; but ye have not hearkened, nor inclined your ear to hear.
    • • •
    7 Yet ye have not hearkened unto me, saith the Lord; that ye might provoke me to anger with the works of your hands to your own hurt.
  38. 4 And thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord; If ye will not ahearken to me, to bwalk in my claw, which I have set before you,
    5 To hearken to the words of my servants the aprophets, whom I sent unto you, both rising up early, and sending them, but ye have not hearkened;
  39. 19 Because they have not hearkened to my words, saith the Lord, which I sent unto them by my servants the prophets, rising up early and sending them; but ye would not hear, saith the Lord.
  40. 33 And they have turned unto me the aback, and not the face: though I taught them, rising up early and teaching them, yet they have not hearkened to receive instruction.
  41. 17 Therefore thus saith the Lord; Ye have not hearkened unto me, in proclaiming aliberty, every one to his brother, and every man to his neighbour: behold, I proclaim a liberty for you, saith the Lord, to the sword, to the pestilence, and to the famine; and I will make you to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.
  42. 16 Because the sons of Jonadab the son of Rechab have performed the commandment of their father, which he commanded them; but this people hath not hearkened unto me:
  43. 15 Then Jeremiah said unto Zedekiah, If I declare it unto thee, wilt thou not surely put me to death? and if I give thee counsel, wilt thou not hearken unto me?
  44. 16 As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, we will not ahearken unto thee.
  45. 7 But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee; for they will not hearken unto me: for all the house of Israel are impudent and ahardhearted.
  46. 8 But they rebelled against me, and would not hearken unto me: they did not every man cast away the abominations of their eyes, neither did they forsake the idols of Egypt: then I said, I will pour out my afury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the midst of the land of Egypt.
    • • •
    39 As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, if ye will not hearken unto me: but apollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your bidols.
  47. 17 My God will cast them away, because they did not hearken unto him: and they shall be awanderers among the nations.
  48. 18 But, behold, Laman and Lemuel would not hearken unto my words; and being agrieved because of the hardness of their hearts I cried unto the Lord for them.
  49. 11 And the Spirit said unto me again: Behold the aLord hath bdelivered him into thy hands. Yea, and I also knew that he had sought to take away mine own life; yea, and he would not hearken unto the commandments of the Lord; and he also had ctaken away our property.
  50. 9 How is it that ye have not hearkened unto the word of the Lord?
  51. 23 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, spake unto them, saying: Do ye believe that our fathers, who were the children of Israel, would have been led away out of the hands of the aEgyptians if they had not hearkened unto the words of the Lord?
  52. 29 But if ye will not hearken unto him I take away my afirst blessing, yea, even my blessing, and it shall rest upon him.
  53. 20 Wherefore, the word of the Lord was fulfilled which he spake unto me, saying that: Inasmuch as they will anot hearken unto thy words they shall be bcut off from the presence of the Lord. And behold, they were ccut off from his presence.
  54. 25 For if this people had not fallen into transgression the Lord would not have suffered that this great evil should come upon them. But behold, they would not hearken unto his words; but there arose contentions among them, even so much that they did shed blood among themselves.
  55. 2 And then shall the awicked be bcast out, and they shall have cause to howl, and cweep, and wail, and gnash their teeth; and this because they would not dhearken unto the voice of the Lord; therefore the Lord redeemeth them not.
  56. 21 For are not the words of Abinadi afulfilled, which he prophesied against us—and all this because we would not hearken unto the words of the Lord, and turn from our iniquities?
  57. 37 O ye workers of iniquity; ye that are apuffed up in the vain things of the world, ye that have professed to have known the ways of righteousness nevertheless have gone bastray, as csheep having no dshepherd, notwithstanding a shepherd hath ecalled after you and is still calling after you, but ye will not fhearken unto his voice!
    38 Behold, I say unto you, that the good ashepherd doth call you; yea, and in his own name he doth call you, which is the name of Christ; and if ye will not bhearken unto the voice of the cgood shepherd, to the dname by which ye are called, behold, ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd.
  58. 9 Now Satan had gotten great ahold upon the hearts of the people of the city of Ammonihah; therefore they would not hearken unto the words of Alma.
  59. 30 And, as it happened, it was their lot to have fallen into the hands of a more hardened and a more astiffnecked people; therefore they would not hearken unto their words, and they had cast them out, and had smitten them, and had driven them from house to house, and from place to place, even until they had arrived in the land of Middoni; and there they were taken and cast into prison, and bound with bstrong cords, and kept in prison for many days, and were delivered by Lamoni and Ammon.
  60. 3 And it came to pass that after the more popular part of the Zoramites had consulted together concerning the words which had been preached unto them, they were angry because of the word, for it did destroy their acraft; therefore they would not hearken unto the words.
  61. 1 And it came to pass that as many as would not hearken to the awords of Helaman and his brethren were gathered together against their brethren.
  62. 3 But behold, Pahoran would not alter nor suffer the law to be altered; therefore, he did not hearken to those who had sent in their voices with their petitions concerning the altering of the law.
  63. 3 And it came to pass that they did endeavor to stir up the Lamanites to awar against the Nephites; but behold, the Lamanites were bexceedingly afraid, insomuch that they would not hearken to the words of those dissenters.
  64. 18 It is because you have hardened your hearts; yea, ye will not ahearken unto the voice of the bgood shepherd; yea, ye have cprovoked him to anger against you.
  65. 13 Now behold, anotwithstanding that great miracle which Nephi had done in telling them concerning the death of the chief judge, they did harden their hearts and did not hearken unto the words of the Lord.
    • • •
    15 And it came to pass that when Nephi had declared unto them the word, behold, they did still harden their hearts and would not hearken unto his words; therefore they did arevile against him, and did seek to lay their hands upon him that they might cast him into prison.
    • • •
    18 And it came to pass that they would not hearken unto his words; and there began to be contentions, insomuch that they were divided against themselves and began to slay one another with the sword.
  66. 21 Behold ye, the people of this great city, and hearken unto my words; yea, hearken unto the words which the Lord saith; for behold, he saith that ye are acursed because of your riches, and also are your riches cursed because ye have set your hearts upon them, and have not bhearkened unto the words of him who gave them unto you.
  67. 12 Now behold, this Lachoneus, the governor, was a just man, and could not be frightened by the demands and the threatenings of a arobber; therefore he did not hearken to the epistle of Giddianhi, the governor of the robbers, but he did cause that his people should cry unto the Lord for bstrength against the time that the robbers should come down against them.
  68. 34 And wo be unto him that will anot hearken unto the words of Jesus, and also to them whom he hath chosen and bsent among them; for whoso creceiveth not the words of Jesus and the words of those whom he hath sent receiveth not him; and therefore he will not receive them at the last day;
  69. 27 O then despise not, and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord, and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things soever ye shall stand in need. aDoubt not, but be believing, and begin as in times of old, and bcome unto the Lord with all your cheart, and dwork out your own salvation with fear and trembling before him.
  70. 13 And it came to pass that the people hardened their hearts, and would not ahearken unto their words; and the prophets bmourned and withdrew from among the people.
  71. 5 Verily, I say unto you, that awoe shall come unto the inhabitants of the earth if they will not bhearken unto my words;
  72. 4 And that those who call themselves after my name might be achastened for a little season with a sore and grievous chastisement, because they did not bhearken altogether unto the precepts and commandments which I gave unto them.
  73. 17 But the strength of mine house have not hearkened unto my words.
  74. 46 But if they will not ahearken to my voice, nor unto the voice of these men whom I have appointed, they shall not be blest, because they bpollute mine holy grounds, and mine holy ordinances, and charters, and my holy words which I give unto them.
  75. 4 And he became aSatan, yea, even the bdevil, the father of all clies, to ddeceive and to blind men, and to lead them ecaptive at his will, even as many as would not fhearken unto my voice.
  76. 57 For they would not ahearken unto his voice, nor believe on his Only Begotten Son, even him whom he declared should bcome in the meridian of time, who was cprepared from before the foundation of the world.
  77. 15 And the Lord said unto Noah: The daughters of thy sons have sold themselves; for behold mine anger is kindled against the sons of men, for they will not ahearken to my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment