Sunday, January 9, 2011

Strength and wisdom

  1. 13 With him is awisdom and bstrength, he hath counsel and understanding.
    • • •
    16 With him is strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver are his.
  2. 5 Behold, God is mighty, and adespiseth not any: he is mighty in strength and bwisdom.
  3. 14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.
  4. 16 Then said I, aWisdom is better than strength: nevertheless the poor man’s bwisdom is despised, and his words are not heard.
  5. 10 If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.
  6. 13 For he saith, By the astrength of my hand I have done it, and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant man:
  7. 6 And wisdom and aknowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the Lord is his btreasure.
  8. 12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the aLamb that was slain to receive bpower, and riches, and cwisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
  9. 13 For ahe saith: By the strength of bmy hand and by my wisdom I have done these things; for I am prudent; and I have moved the borders of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant man;
  10. 27 And see that all these things are done in wisdom and aorder; for it is not requisite that a man should run bfaster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.
  11. 11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not aboast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my bjoy is full, yea, my heart is brim with cjoy, and I will rejoice in my God.
  12. 11 See that ye are not lifted up unto pride; yea, see that ye do not aboast in your own wisdom, nor of your much strength.
  13. 2 For thou didst not give so much heed unto my words as did thy brother, among the people of the aZoramites. Now this is what I have against thee; thou didst go on unto boasting in thy strength and thy wisdom.
  14. 16 Therefore, the king of the Lamanites, whose name was Tubaloth, who was the son of aAmmoron, supposing that Coriantumr, being a mighty man, could stand against the Nephites, with his strength and also with his great bwisdom, insomuch that by sending him forth he should gain power over the Nephites—
  15. 15 Nevertheless, the people began to harden their hearts, all save it were the most believing part of them, both of the Nephites and also of the Lamanites, and began to depend upon their aown strength and upon their own wisdom, saying:
  16. 1 Behold, I say unto you, here is wisdom, whereby ye may know how to act concerning this matter, for it is expedient in me that this astake that I have set for the strength of Zion should be made strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment