Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Other plates"

  1. 4 Upon the other plates should be engraven an account of the reign of the kings, and the wars and contentions of my people; wherefore these plates are for the more part of the ministry; and the aother plates are for the more part of the reign of the kings and the wars and contentions of my people.
  2. 4 Wherefore, I, Nephi, did make a record upon the aother plates, which gives an account, or which gives a greater account of the wars and contentions and destructions of my people. And this have I done, and commanded my people what they should do after I was gone; and that these plates should be handed down from one generation to another, or from one prophet to another, until further commandments of the Lord.
  3. 14 For I, Nephi, was constrained to speak unto them, according to his word; for I had spoken many things unto them, and also my father, before his death; many of which sayings are written upon mine aother plates; for a more history part are written upon mine other plates.
  4. 30 And it came to pass that the Lord God said unto me: aMake other plates; and thou shalt engraven many things upon them which are good in my sight, for the profit of thy people.
    • • •
    33 And if my people desire to know the more particular part of the history of my people they must search mine aother bplates.
  5. 3 For he said that the history of his people should be engraven upon his aother plates, and that I should bpreserve these plates and hand them down unto my seed, from generation to generation.
  6. 26 And it came to pass that I, Jacob, began to be old; and the record of this people being kept on the aother plates of Nephi, wherefore, I conclude this record, declaring that I have written according to the best of my knowledge, by saying that the time passed away with us, and also our blives passed away like as it were unto us a cdream, we being a dlonesome and a solemn people, ewanderers, cast out from Jerusalem, born in tribulation, in a wilderness, and hated of our brethren, which caused wars and contentions; wherefore, we did mourn out our days.
  7. 14 And I, Jarom, do not write more, for the plates are asmall. But behold, my brethren, ye can go to the bother plates of Nephi; for behold, upon them the records of our wars are engraven, according to the writings of the ckings, or those which they caused to be written.
  8. 10 Wherefore, it came to pass that after Amaleki had adelivered up these plates into the hands of king Benjamin, he took them and put them with the bother plates, which contained records which had been handed down by the ckings, from generation to generation until the days of king Benjamin.

No comments:

Post a Comment