Saturday, June 12, 2010

Likened unto

  1. 6 For who in the heaven can be compared unto the Lord? who among the sons of the mighty can be alikened unto the Lord?
  2. 18 ¶ To whom then will ye aliken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him?
    • • •
    25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
  3. 5 ¶ To whom will ye aliken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?
  4. 2 I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman.
  5. 13 What thing shall I take to witness for thee? what thing shall I liken to thee, O daughter of Jerusalem? what shall I equal to thee, that I may comfort thee, O avirgin daughter of Zion? for thy breach is great like the sea: who can heal thee?
  6. 24 ¶ Therefore whosoever aheareth these sayings of mine, and bdoeth them, cI will liken him unto a dwise man, which ebuilt his house upon fa rock:
    • • •
    26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a afoolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
  7. 16 ¶ But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
  8. 24 ¶ Another aparable put he forth unto them, saying, The bkingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good cseed in his field:
  9. 23 ¶ Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would atake account of his bservants.
  10. 1 aThen shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten bvirgins, which took their clamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
  11. 30 ¶ And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?
  12. 31 ¶ And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
  13. 20 And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God?
  14. 23 And I did read many things unto them which were written in the abooks of Moses; but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet bIsaiah; for I did cliken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our dprofit and learning.
    24 Wherefore I spake unto them, saying: Hear ye the words of the prophet, ye who are a aremnant of the house of Israel, a bbranch who have been broken off; chear ye the words of the prophet, which were written unto all the house of Israel, and liken them unto yourselves, that ye may have hope as well as your brethren from whom ye have been broken off; for after this manner has the prophet written.
  15. 8 And after our seed is scattered the Lord God will proceed to do a amarvelous work among the bGentiles, which shall be of great cworth unto our seed; wherefore, it is likened unto their being nourished by the dGentiles and being carried in their arms and upon their shoulders.
  16. 5 And now, the words which I shall read are they which Isaiah spake concerning all the house of Israel; wherefore, they may be alikened unto you, for ye are of the house of Israel. And there are many things which have been spoken by Isaiah which may be likened unto you, because ye are of the house of Israel.
  17. 2 And now I, Nephi, write amore of the words of bIsaiah, for my soul delighteth in his words. For I will liken his words unto my people, and I will send them forth unto all my children, for he verily csaw my dRedeemer, even as I have seen him.
    • • •
    8 And now I write asome of the words of Isaiah, that whoso of my people shall see these words may lift up their hearts and rejoice for all men. Now these are the words, and ye may liken them unto you and unto all men.
  18. 3 For behold, thus saith the Lord, I will liken thee, O house of aIsrael, like unto a tame bolive-tree, which a man took and nourished in his cvineyard; and it grew, and waxed old, and began to ddecay.
  19. 1 And now, behold, my brethren, as I said unto you that I would prophesy, behold, this is my prophecy—that the things which this prophet aZenos spake, concerning the house of Israel, in the which he likened them unto a tame bolive-tree, must surely come to pass.
  20. 24 Therefore, whoso heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, who built his house upon a arock
    • • •
    26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them not shall be likened unto a afoolish man, who built his house upon the bsand
  21. 46 Unto what shall I liken these kingdoms, that ye may understand?
    • • •
    51 Behold, I will liken these kingdoms unto a man having a field, and he sent forth his servants into the field to dig in the field.
    • • •
    61 Therefore, unto this parable I will liken all these akingdoms, and the binhabitants thereof—every kingdom in its hour, and in its time, and in its season, even according to the decree which God hath made.
  22. 81 Now, unto what shall I liken the children of Zion? I will liken them unto the aparable of the woman and the unjust judge, for men ought always to bpray and not to faint, which saith—
    • • •
    85 Thus will I liken the children of Zion.
  23. 21 Verily, verily I say unto you, that my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., is the aman to whom I likened the servant to whom the Lord of the bvineyard spake in the parable which I have given unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment