Thursday, October 19, 2017

"In darkness"

  1.   29 And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.
  2.   9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.
  3.   13 If I wait, the grave is mine house: I have made my bed in the darkness.
  4.   5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
  5.   6 Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness, in the deeps.
  6.   6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
  7.   10 Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, being bound in affliction and iron;
  8.   4 Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.
  9.   3 For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground; he hath made me to dwell in darkness, as those that have been long dead.
  10.   20 Whoso curseth his father or his mother, his lamp shall be put out in obscure darkness.
  11.   14 The wise man’s eyes are in his head; but the fool walketh in darkness: and I myself perceived also that one event happeneth to them all.
  12.   17 All his days also he eateth in darkness, and he hath much sorrow and wrath with his sickness.
  13.   4 For he cometh in with vanity, and departeth in darkness, and his name shall be covered with darkness.
  14.   2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
  15.   7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
  16.   9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.
  17.   10 ¶ Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
  18.   9 ¶ Therefore is judgment far from us, neither doth justice overtake us: we wait for light, but behold obscurity; for brightness, but we walk in darkness.
  19.   12 Wherefore their way shall be unto them as slippery ways in the darkness: they shall be driven on, and fall therein: for I will bring evil upon them, even the year of their visitation, saith the Lord.
  20.   22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.
  21.   8 ¶ Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.
  22.   16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
  23.   27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
  24.   79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
  25.   3 Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.
  26.   5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
  27.   12 ¶ Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
  28.   35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.
          •  •  •
      46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
  29.   19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
  30.   4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
  31.   6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
  32.   9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
          •  •  •
      11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
  33.   8 And after I had traveled for the space of many hours in darkness, I began to pray unto the Lord that he would have mercy on me, according to the multitude of his tender mercies.
  34.   9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners: Go forth; to them that sit in darkness: Show yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.
  35.   10 Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness and hath no light?
  36.   2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light; they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
  37.   23 For behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you that the Lord God worketh not in darkness.
  38.   3 Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Lamanites, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work.
  39.   22 For behold, the Lord saw that his people began to work in darkness, yea, work secret murders and abominations; therefore the Lord said, if they did not repent they should be destroyed from off the face of the earth.
      23 And the Lord said: I will prepare unto my servant Gazelem, a stone, which shall shine forth in darkness unto light, that I may discover unto my people who serve me, that I may discover unto them the works of their brethren, yea, their secret works, their works of darkness, and their wickedness and abominations.
  40.   14 Now this is the state of the souls of the wicked, yea, in darkness, and a state of awful, fearful looking for the fiery indignation of the wrath of God upon them; thus they remain in this state, as well as the righteous in paradise, until the time of their resurrection.
  41.   20 And when the night came, Moroni went forth in the darkness of the night, and came upon the top of the wall to spy out in what part of the city the Lamanites did camp with their army.
  42.   22 And he cried again unto the Lord saying: O Lord, behold I have done even as thou hast commanded me; and I have prepared the vessels for my people, and behold there is no light in them. Behold, O Lord, wilt thou suffer that we shall cross this great water in darkness?
  43.   3 Behold, O Lord, thou hast smitten us because of our iniquity, and hast driven us forth, and for these many years we have been in the wilderness; nevertheless, thou hast been merciful unto us. O Lord, look upon me in pity, and turn away thine anger from this thy people, and suffer not that they shall go forth across this raging deep in darkness; but behold these things which I have molten out of the rock.
      4 And I know, O Lord, that thou hast all power, and can do whatsoever thou wilt for the benefit of man; therefore touch these stones, O Lord, with thy finger, and prepare them that they may shine forth in darkness; and they shall shine forth unto us in the vessels which we have prepared, that we may have light while we shall cross the sea.
  44.   3 And thus the Lord caused stones to shine in darkness, to give light unto men, women, and children, that they might not cross the great waters in darkness.
  45.   16 And they were kept up by the power of the devil to administer these oaths unto the people, to keep them in darkness, to help such as sought power to gain power, and to murder, and to plunder, and to lie, and to commit all manner of wickedness and whoredoms.
  46.   21 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am the same that came unto mine own, and mine own received me not. I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not.
  47.   58 I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not.
  48.   11 For, behold, it is I that speak; behold, I am the light which shineth in darkness, and by my power I give these words unto thee.
  49.   9 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, who created the heavens and the earth, a light which cannot be hid in darkness;
  50.   2 The light and the life of the world, a light which shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not;
  51.   2 The light and the life of the world; a light which shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not;
  52.   7 For verily I say unto you that I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the light and the life of the world—a light that shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.
          •  •  •
      28 And when the times of the Gentiles is come in, a light shall break forth among them that sit in darkness, and it shall be the fulness of my gospel;
  53.   10 And thus provide for my saints, that my gospel may be preached unto those who sit in darkness and in the region and shadow of death.
  54.   49 The light shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not; nevertheless, the day shall come when you shall comprehend even God, being quickened in him and by him.
  55.   6 They who are not chosen have sinned a very grievous sin, in that they are walking in darkness at noon-day.
          •  •  •
      12 If you keep not my commandments, the love of the Father shall not continue with you, therefore you shall walk in darkness.
  56.   91 Even in outer darkness, where there is weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth.
  57.   30 But behold, from among the righteous, he organized his forces and appointed messengers, clothed with power and authority, and commissioned them to go forth and carry the light of the gospel to them that were in darkness, even to all the spirits of men; and thus was the gospel preached to the dead.
          •  •  •
      57 I beheld that the faithful elders of this dispensation, when they depart from mortal life, continue their labors in the preaching of the gospel of repentance and redemption, through the sacrifice of the Only Begotten Son of God, among those who are in darkness and under the bondage of sin in the great world of the spirits of the dead.
  58.   13 At length I came to the conclusion that I must either remain in darkness and confusion, or else I must do as James directs, that is, ask of God. I at length came to the determination to “ask of God,” concluding that if he gave wisdom to them that lacked wisdom, and would give liberally, and not upbraid, I might venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment