Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Boast of

  1.   3 For the wicked boasteth of his heart’s desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the Lord abhorreth.
  2.   7 Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: worship him, all ye gods.
  3.   14 Whoso boasteth himself of a false gift is like clouds and wind without rain.
  4.   30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
  5.   17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
          •  •  •
      23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
  6.   2 For I know the forwardness of your mind, for which I boast of you to them of Macedonia, that Achaia was ready a year ago; and your zeal hath provoked very many.
      3 Yet have I sent the brethren, lest our boasting of you should be in vain in this behalf; that, as I said, ye may be ready:
  7.   13 But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you.
          •  •  •
      15 Not boasting of things without our measure, that is, of other men’s labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly,
  8.   12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
  9.   10 But it came to pass in the twenty and ninth year there began to be some disputings among the people; and some were lifted up unto pride and boastings because of their exceedingly great riches, yea, even unto great persecutions;
  10.   8 And it came to pass that they were repulsed and driven back by the Nephites. And when the Nephites saw that they had driven the Lamanites they did again boast of their own strength; and they went forth in their own might, and took possession again of the city Desolation.
  11.   73 But a commandment I give unto them, that they shall not boast themselves of these things, neither speak them before the world; for these things are given unto you for your profit and for salvation.
  12.   24 Talk not of judgments, neither boast of faith nor of mighty works, but carefully gather together, as much in one region as can be, consistently with the feelings of the people;

No comments:

Post a Comment