Friday, August 7, 2015

Merciful Lord

  1.   16 And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the Lord being amerciful unto him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city.
  2.   27 And he said, Blessed be the aLord God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his bmercy and his truth: I being in the way, the Lord cled me to the house of my master’s brethren.
  3.   21 ¶ But the aLord was with Joseph, and shewed him mercy, and gave him favour in the sight of the keeper of the prison.
  4.   19 And he said, I will make all my agoodness pass before thee, and I will bproclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew cmercy on whom I will shew mercy.
  5.   6 And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, amerciful and bgracious, clongsuffering, and abundant in dgoodness and truth,
  6.   2 And the Lord said unto Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the aholy place within the bvail before the mercy seat, which is upon the ark; that he die not: for I will cappear in the cloud upon the mercy seat.
          •  •  •
      13 And he shall put the aincense upon the fire before the Lord, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that is bupon the testimony, that he die not:
  7.   18 The aLord is longsuffering, and of great mercy, bforgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.
  8.   31 (For the Lord thy God is a amerciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the bcovenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.
  9.   2 And when the Lord thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly adestroy them; thou shalt bmake no ccovenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:
          •  •  •
      9 Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which akeepeth covenant and bmercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
          •  •  •
      12 ¶ Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye ahearken to these bjudgments, and keep, and do them, that the Lord thy God shall keep unto thee the ccovenant and the mercy which he sware unto thy fathers:
  10.   17 And athere shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the Lord may turn from the fierceness of his banger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers;
  11.   8 aBe merciful, O Lord, unto thy people Israel, whom thou hast bredeemed, and lay not innocent blood unto thy people of Israel’s charge. And the blood shall be forgiven them.
  12.   14 And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let us fall now into the hand of the Lord; for his amercies are great: and let me not fall into the hand of man.
  13.   23 And he said, aLord God of Israel, there is no bGod like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who ckeepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that dwalk before thee with all their heart:
  14.   34 O give athanks unto the Lord; for he is bgood; for his mercy endureth for ever.
          •  •  •
      41 And with them Heman and Jeduthun, and the rest that were chosen, who were expressed by name, to give athanks to the Lord, because his bmercy endureth for ever;
  15.   13 And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the hand of the Lord; for very great are his mercies: but let me not fall into the hand of man.
  16.   13 It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and athanking the Lord; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the Lord, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the Lord;
  17.   14 And said, O aLord God of Israel, there is no God like thee in the heaven, nor in the earth; which keepest covenant, and shewest mercy unto thy servants, that bwalk before thee with all their hearts:
          •  •  •
      42 O Lord God, turn not away the face of thine anointed: aremember the mercies of David thy servant.
  18.   3 And when all the children of Israel saw how the fire came down, and the glory of the Lord upon the house, they bowed themselves with their faces to the ground upon the pavement, and aworshipped, and praised the Lord, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
          •  •  •
      6 And the priests waited on their offices: the Levites also with instruments of musick of the Lord, which David the king had made to praise the Lord, because his mercy endureth for ever, when David praised by their ministry; and the priests sounded trumpets before them, and all Israel stood.
  19.   21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the Lord, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the Lord; for his mercy endureth for ever.
  20.   9 For if ye aturn again unto the Lord, your brethren and your children shall find compassion before them that lead them captive, so that they shall come again into this land: for the Lord your God is gracious and bmerciful, and will not turn away his face from you, if ye return unto him.
  21.   11 And they sang together by course in praising and giving athanks unto the Lord; because he is bgood, for his mercy endureth for ever toward Israel. And all the people shouted with a great shout, when they cpraised the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid.
  22.   28 And hath extended mercy unto me before the king, and his counsellors, and before all the king’s mighty princes. And I was strengthened as the hand of the Lord my God was upon me, and I gathered together out of Israel chief men to go up with me.
  23.   5 And said, I beseech thee, O Lord God of heaven, athe great and terrible God, that bkeepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments:
          •  •  •
      11 O Lord, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant, and to the prayer of thy servants, who desire to afear thy name: and bprosper, I pray thee, thy servant this day, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man. For I was the king’s cupbearer.
  24.   2 Have mercy upon me, O Lord; for I am aweak: O Lord, bheal me; for my bones are vexed.
          •  •  •
      4 Return, O Lord, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies’ sake.
  25.   13 Have mercy upon me, O Lord; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, thou that liftest me up from the gates of death:
  26.   7 For the king trusteth in the Lord, and through the mercy of the most High he shall not be moved.
  27.   6 Surely agoodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
  28.   6 Remember, O Lord, thy tender amercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.
      7 Remember not the asins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy bmercy remember thou me for thy goodness’ sake, O Lord.
          •  •  •
      10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
  29.   7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
  30.   10 Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me: Lord, be thou my helper.
  31.   9 Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my abelly.
  32.   10 Many asorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that btrusteth in the Lord, mercy shall compass him about.
  33.   18 Behold, the aeye of the Lord is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
          •  •  •
      22 Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we ahope in thee.
  34.   5 Thy amercy, O Lord, is in the bheavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.
  35.   11 Withhold not thou thy tender amercies from me, O Lord: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.
  36.   4 I said, Lord, be merciful unto me: aheal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.
          •  •  •
      10 But thou, O Lord, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them.
  37.   5 Thou therefore, O Lord God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah.
  38.   12 Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth amercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his bwork.
  39.   13 But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O Lord, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.
          •  •  •
      16 Hear me, O Lord; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender amercies.
  40.   7 Shew us thy mercy, O Lord, and grant us thy salvation.
  41.   3 Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily.
          •  •  •
      5 For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to aforgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
          •  •  •
      15 But thou, O aLord, art a God full of bcompassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in cmercy and truth.
  42.   1 I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy afaithfulness to all generations.
  43.   18 When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up.
  44.   5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
  45.   1 I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O Lord, will I sing.
  46.   8 The aLord is bmerciful and gracious, slow to canger, and plenteous in mercy.
          •  •  •
      17 But the amercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children’s children;
  47.   1 aPraise ye the Lord. O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is bgood: for his mercy endureth for ever.
  48.   1 O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
  49.   21 But do thou for me, O God the Lord, for thy aname’s sake: because thy mercy is good, deliver thou me.
          •  •  •
      26 Help me, O Lord my God: O save me according to thy mercy:
  50.   1 Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto thy aname give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth’s sake.
     
  51.   5 Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is amerciful.
  52.   2 For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the atruth of the Lord endureth for ever. Praise ye the Lord.
  53.   1 O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.
          •  •  •
      4 Let them now that fear the Lord say, that his mercy endureth for ever.
          •  •  •
      29 O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
  54.   41 Let thy mercies come also unto me, O Lord, even thy salvation, according to thy word.
          •  •  •
      64 The earth, O Lord, is afull of thy mercy: teach me thy statutes.
          •  •  •
      156 Great are thy tender mercies, O Lord: quicken me according to thy judgments.
  55.   2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until that he have mercy upon us.
      3 Have mercy upon us, O Lord, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt.
  56.   7 Let Israel hope in the Lord: for with the Lord there is mercy, and with him is plenteous aredemption.
  57.   1 O give athanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
          •  •  •
      3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.
  58.   8 aThe Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the bworks of thine own hands.
  59.   8 The Lord is agracious, and full of bcompassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
      9 The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
  60.   11 The Lord taketh apleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.
  61.   6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the afear of the Lord men bdepart from cevil.
  62.   17 Therefore the Lord shall have no joy in their young men, neither shall have mercy on their fatherless and widows: for every one is an ahypocrite and an evildoer, and every mouth bspeaketh folly. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
  63.   1 aFor the Lord will have bmercy on Jacob, and will yet cchoose Israel, and set them in their own dland: and the estrangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.
  64.   11 He stretched out his hand over the sea, he shook the kingdoms: the Lord hath given a commandment aagainst the merchant city, to destroy the strong holds thereof.
          •  •  •
      18 And her amerchandise and her bhire shall be choliness to the Lord: it shall not be treasured nor laid up; for her merchandise shall be for them that dwell before the Lord, to eat sufficiently, and for durable clothing.
  65.   18 ¶ And therefore will the Lord await, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the Lord is a God of bjudgment: blessed are all they that cwait for him.
  66.   14 Thus saith the Lord, The labour of aEgypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come bafter thee; in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, saying, Surely God is in thee; and there is cnone else, there is no God.
  67.   13 ¶ aSing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into bsinging, O mountains: for the Lord hath ccomforted his people, and will have dmercy upon his eafflicted.
  68.   8 In a little awrath I bhid my cface from thee for a moment; but with everlasting dkindness will I have emercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.
          •  •  •
      10 For the amountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the bcovenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.
  69.   7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him areturn unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly bpardon.
  70.   7 ¶ I will mention the alovingkindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us, and the great bgoodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses.
  71.   12 ¶ Go and aproclaim these words toward the bnorth, and say, cReturn, thou backsliding Israel, saith the Lord; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger for ever.
  72.   14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but adestroy them.
  73.   5 For thus saith the Lord, Enter not into the house of amourning, neither go to lament nor bemoan them: for I have taken away my peace from this people, saith the Lord, even lovingkindness and mercies.
  74.   7 And afterward, saith the Lord, I will deliver aZedekiah king of Judah, and his servants, and the people, and such as are left in this city from the pestilence, from the sword, and from the famine, into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of bBabylon, and into the hand of their enemies, and into the hand of those that seek their life: and he shall smite them with the edge of the sword; he shall not cspare them, neither have pity, nor have mercy.
  75.   18 ¶ Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I will bring again the captivity of Jacob’s tents, and have amercy on his dwellingplaces; and the city shall be builded upon her own heap, and bthe palace shall remain after the manner thereof.
  76.   20 Is Ephraim my dear son? is he aa pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the Lord.
  77.   11 The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the Lord of hosts: for the Lord is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the Lord. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the Lord.
  78.   3 And say unto Tyrus, O thou that art situate at the entry of the sea, which art a merchant of the people for many isles, Thus saith the Lord God; O Tyrus, thou hast said, I am of perfect abeauty.
  79.   25 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Now will I abring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of bIsrael, and will be jealous for my holy name;
  80.   4 And I prayed unto the Lord my God, and made my aconfession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, bkeeping the covenant and cmercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;
          •  •  •
      9 To the Lord our God belong mercies and aforgivenesses, though we have brebelled against him;
  81.   7 But I will have amercy upon the house of bJudah, and will save them by the Lord their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by chorses, nor by horsemen.
  82.   1 Hear the word of the Lord, ye children of Israel: for the Lord hath a acontroversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no btruth, nor mercy, nor cknowledge of God in the land.
  83.   12 Sow to yourselves in arighteousness, breap in mercy; cbreak up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.
  84.   13 And arend your heart, and not your garments, band turn unto the Lord your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great ckindness, and drepenteth him of the evil.
  85.   2 And he prayed unto the Lord, and said, I pray thee, O Lord, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and amerciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and brepentest thee of the evil.
  86.   8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord arequire of thee, but to do bjustly, and to love cmercy, and to dwalk ehumbly with thy God?
  87.   2 O Lord, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O Lord, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy.
  88.   12 ¶ Then the angel of the Lord answered and said, O Lord of hosts, how long wilt thou not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Judah, against which thou hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?
          •  •  •
      16 Therefore thus saith the Lord; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my ahouse shall be built in it, saith the Lord of hosts, and a bline shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem.
  89.   9 Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Execute true ajudgment, and shew bmercy and ccompassions every man to his brother:
  90.   6 And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them again to place them; for I have mercy upon them: and they shall be as though I had not cast them off: for I am the Lord their God, and will ahear them.
  91.   22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
  92.   15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he afalleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
  93.   30 ¶ And, behold, two ablind men sitting by the way side, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou Son of David.
      31 And the multitude rebuked them, because they should hold their peace: but they cried the more, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou Son of David.
  94.   58 And her neighbours and her acousins heard how the Lord had shewed great bmercy upon her; and they rejoiced with her.
  95.   25 Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained amercy of the Lord to be faithful.
  96.   3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of amercies, and the God of all bcomfort;
  97.   2 Unto aTimothy, bmy cown son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
  98.   2 To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
          •  •  •
      16 The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft arefreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain:
          •  •  •
      18 The Lord grant unto him that he may find amercy of the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.
  99.   4 To Titus, amine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.
  100.   11 Behold, we count them ahappy which bendure. Ye have heard of the patience of cJob, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very dpitiful, and of tender emercy.
     
  101.   3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant amercy hath bbegotten us again unto a clively dhope by the resurrection of eJesus Christ from the dead,
  102.   3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
  103.   21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
  104.   14 And it came to pass that when my father had read and seen many great and marvelous things, he did exclaim many things unto the Lord; such as: Great and marvelous are thy works, O Lord God Almighty! Thy throne is high in the heavens, and thy apower, and goodness, and mercy are over all the inhabitants of the earth; and, because thou art merciful, thou wilt not suffer those who bcome unto thee that they shall perish!
          •  •  •
      20 And when the Jews heard these things they were angry with him; yea, even as with the prophets of old, whom they had acast out, and stoned, and slain; and they also bsought his life, that they might take it away. But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender cmercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of ddeliverance.
  105.   8 And after I had traveled for the space of many hours in darkness, I began to pray unto the Lord that he would have amercy on me, according to the multitude of his tender mercies.
          •  •  •
      37 And he did aexhort them then with all the feeling of a tender parent, that they would hearken to his words, that perhaps the Lord would be merciful to them, and not cast them off; yea, my father did preach unto them.
  106.   34 And it came to pass that the angel of the Lord spake unto me, saying: Behold, saith the Lamb of God, after I have avisited the bremnant of the house of Israel—and this remnant of whom I speak is the seed of thy father—wherefore, after I have visited them in judgment, and smitten them by the hand of the Gentiles, and after the Gentiles do cstumble exceedingly, because of the most plain and precious parts of the dgospel of the Lamb which have been kept back by that abominable church, which is the mother of harlots, saith the Lamb—I will be merciful unto the eGentiles in that day, insomuch that I will fbring forth unto them, in mine own power, much of my ggospel, which shall be plain and precious, saith the Lamb.
  107.   20 For behold, I have workings in the spirit, which doth aweary me even that all my joints are weak, for those who are at Jerusalem; for had not the Lord been merciful, to show unto me concerning them, even as he had prophets of old, I should have perished also.
  108.   13 aSing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; for the feet of those who are in the east shall be established; and bbreak forth into singing, O mountains; for they shall be smitten no more; for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his cafflicted.
  109.   3 And he also spake unto them concerning the land of promise, which they had obtained—how amerciful the Lord had been in bwarning us that we should flee out of the land of Jerusalem.
  110.   7 Wherefore, because of my blessing the Lord God will anot suffer that ye shall perish; wherefore, he will be bmerciful unto you and unto your seed forever.
          •  •  •
      26 O then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condescension unto the children of men hath avisited men in so much bmercy, cwhy should my dheart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine afflictions?
  111.   11 Wherefore, after they are driven to and fro, for thus saith the angel, many shall be afflicted in the flesh, and shall not be suffered to aperish, because of the prayers of the faithful; they shall be scattered, and smitten, and hated; nevertheless, the Lord will be merciful unto them, that bwhen they shall come to the cknowledge of their Redeemer, they shall be dgathered together again to the elands of their inheritance.
  112.   6 For as adeath hath passed upon all men, to fulfil the merciful bplan of the great Creator, there must needs be a power of cresurrection, and the resurrection must needs come unto man by reason of the dfall; and the fall came by reason of etransgression; and because man became fallen they were fcut off from the gpresence of the Lord.
          •  •  •
      53 And behold how great the acovenants of the Lord, and how great his bcondescensions unto the children of men; and because of his greatness, and his cgrace and dmercy, he has promised unto us that our seed shall not utterly be destroyed, according to the flesh, but that he would epreserve them; and in future generations they shall become a righteous fbranch unto the house of Israel.
  113.   20 And now, my beloved brethren, seeing that our merciful God has given us so great knowledge concerning these things, let us remember him, and lay aside our sins, and not hang down our heads, for we are not cast off; nevertheless, we have been adriven out of the land of our inheritance; but we have been led to a bbetter land, for the Lord has made the sea our cpath, and we are upon an disle of the sea.
  114.   5 And also my soul delighteth in the acovenants of the Lord which he hath made to our fathers; yea, my soul delighteth in his bgrace, and in his justice, and power, and mercy in the great and eternal plan of cdeliverance from death.
  115.   17 Therefore the Lord shall have no joy in their young men, neither shall have amercy on their fatherless and bwidows; for cevery one of them is a hypocrite and an devildoer, and every mouth speaketh efolly. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his fhand is stretched out still.
  116.   1 aFor the Lord will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet bchoose Israel, and set them in their own land; and the cstrangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.
  117.   32 aWo be unto the Gentiles, saith the Lord God of Hosts! For notwithstanding I shall lengthen out mine arm unto them from day to day, they will deny me; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto them, saith the Lord God, if they will repent and bcome unto me; for mine carm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts.
  118.   6 And now, this commandment they observe to keep; wherefore, because of this observance, in keeping this commandment, the Lord God will not destroy them, but will be amerciful unto them; and one day they shall bbecome a blessed people.
  119.   10 Wherefore, brethren, seek not to acounsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in bwisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works.
  120.   15 Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in agood works, that Christ, the bLord God Omnipotent, may cseal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who dcreated all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen.
  121.   12 Having gone according to their own carnal wills and desires; having never called upon the Lord while the arms of mercy were extended towards them; for the arms of mercy were extended towards them, and they would anot; they being warned of their iniquities and yet they would not depart from them; and they were commanded to repent and yet they would not repent.
  122.   21 Yea, and in the valley of Alma they poured out their athanks to God because he had been merciful unto them, and eased their bburdens, and had delivered them out of bondage; for they were in bondage, and none could deliver them except it were the Lord their God.
  123.   28 Nevertheless, after awading through much btribulation, repenting nigh unto death, the Lord in mercy hath seen fit to snatch me out of an ceverlasting burning, and I am born of God.
  124.   4 And thus did the Spirit of the Lord work upon them, for they were the very avilest of sinners. And the Lord saw fit in his infinite bmercy to spare them; nevertheless they suffered much anguish of soul because of their iniquities, suffering much and fearing that they should be cast off forever.
  125.   20 But behold, he did deliver them because they did ahumble themselves before him; and because they bcried mightily unto him he did deliver them out of bondage; and thus doth the Lord work with his power in all cases among the children of men, extending the arm of cmercy towards them that put their dtrust in him.
  126.   30 And it came to pass that Alma, being a man of God, being exercised with much afaith, cried, saying: O Lord, have mercy and bspare my life, that I may be an instrument in thy hands to save and preserve this people.
  127.   2 And even I could not have come now at this time were it not that the judgment-seat hath been agiven to another, to reign in my stead; and the Lord in much mercy hath granted that I should come unto you.
  128.   16 For there are many promises which are aextended to the Lamanites; for it is because of the btraditions of their fathers that caused them to remain in their state of cignorance; therefore the Lord will be merciful unto them and dprolong their existence in the land.
      17 And at some period of time they will be abrought to believe in his word, and to know of the incorrectness of the traditions of their fathers; and many of them will be saved, for the Lord will be merciful unto all who bcall on his name.
  129.   10 And then Alma cried unto the Lord, saying: O Lord our God, have amercy on this man, and bheal him according to his faith which is in Christ.
  130.   41 And he began to cry unto the Lord, saying: O Lord, have mercy; according to thy abundant amercy which thou hast had upon the people of Nephi, have upon me, and my people.
  131.   16 Therefore, let us aglory, yea, we will bglory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his cmercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
  132.   10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember awhat the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.
  133.   16 For behold, he said: Thou art angry, O Lord, with this people, because they awill not understand thy mercies which thou hast bestowed upon them because of thy Son.
  134.   7 But behold, the Lord in his great mercy sent his aangel to declare unto me that I must stop the work of bdestruction among his people; yea, and I have seen an angel face to face, and he spake with me, and his voice was as thunder, and it shook the whole earth.
      8 And it came to pass that I was athree days and three nights in the most bitter bpain and canguish of soul; and never, until I did cry out unto the Lord Jesus Christ for mercy, did I receive a dremission of my sins. But behold, I did cry unto him and I did find peace to my soul.
          •  •  •
      14 Do not say: O God, I thank thee that we are abetter than our brethren; but rather say: O Lord, forgive my bunworthiness, and remember my brethren in mercy—yea, acknowledge your unworthiness before God at all times.
  135.   19 And thus we see how merciful and just are all the dealings of the Lord, to the fulfilling of all his words unto the children of men; yea, we can behold that his words are verified, even at this time, which he spake unto Lehi, saying:
  136.   27 Thus we may see that the Lord is merciful unto all who will, in the sincerity of their hearts, call upon his holy name.
  137.   24 For behold, they are more righteous than you, for they have not sinned against that great knowledge which ye have received; therefore the Lord will be merciful unto them; yea, he will alengthen out their days and increase their seed, even when thou shalt be utterly bdestroyed except thou shalt repent.
  138.   6 Behold, they do not desire that the Lord their God, who hath acreated them, should brule and reign over them; notwithstanding his great goodness and his mercy towards them, they do set at cnaught his counsels, and they will not that he should be their guide.
  139.   12 Yea, I say unto you, that in the latter times the apromises of the Lord have been extended to our brethren, the Lamanites; and notwithstanding the many afflictions which they shall have, and notwithstanding they shall be bdriven to and fro upon the face of the earth, and be hunted, and shall be smitten and scattered abroad, having no place for crefuge, the Lord shall be dmerciful unto them.
  140.   8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment, but with everlasting akindness will I have bmercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.
          •  •  •
      10 For the amountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my bkindness shall not cdepart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.
  141.   12 And it came to pass that when I, Mormon, saw their lamentation and their amourning and their sorrow before the Lord, my heart did begin to rejoice within me, knowing the mercies and the long-suffering of the Lord, therefore supposing that he would be merciful unto them that they would bagain become a righteous people.
  142.   3 Behold, O Lord, thou hast smitten us because of our iniquity, and hast driven us forth, and for these many years we have been in the wilderness; nevertheless, thou hast been amerciful unto us. O Lord, look upon me in pity, and turn away thine anger from this thy people, and suffer not that they shall go forth across this raging deep in darkness; but behold these bthings which I have molten out of the rock.
  143.   12 And they did aland upon the shore of the bpromised land. And when they had set their feet upon the shores of the promised land they bowed themselves down upon the face of the land, and did humble themselves before the Lord, and did shed tears of joy before the Lord, because of the multitude of his ctender mercies over them.
  144.   2 Nevertheless, the Lord was merciful unto Omer, and also to his sons and to his daughters who did not seek his destruction.
  145.   8 And the people began to repent of their iniquity; and inasmuch as they did the Lord did have amercy on them.
  146.   7 For as Joseph brought his father down into the land of aEgypt, even so he died there; wherefore, the Lord brought a remnant of the seed of Joseph out of the land of Jerusalem, that he might be merciful unto the seed of Joseph that they should bperish not, even as he was merciful unto the father of Joseph that he should perish not.
  147.   3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how amerciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and bponder it in your chearts.
  148.   15 And again, to some it is given by the Holy Ghost to know the adifferences of administration, as it will be pleasing unto the same Lord, according as the Lord will, suiting his bmercies according to the conditions of the children of men.
  149.   2 Behold, verily thus saith the Lord unto you, O ye elders of my church, who are assembled upon this spot, whose sins are now forgiven you, for I, the Lord, aforgive sins, and am bmerciful unto those who cconfess their sins with humble hearts;
  150.   18 Behold, I, the Lord, am amerciful and will bless them, and they shall enter into the joy of these things. Even so. Amen.
     
  151.   5 For thus saith the Lord—I, the Lord, am amerciful and gracious unto those who bfear me, and delight to honor those who cserve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end.
  152.   2 Verily, verily I say unto you, blessed are such, for they shall obtain; for I, the Lord, show mercy unto all the ameek, and upon all whomsoever I will, that I may be bjustified when I shall bring them unto judgment.
          •  •  •
      6 And to the residue of the school, I, the Lord, am willing to show mercy; nevertheless, there are those that must needs be achastened, and their works shall be made known.
  153.   1 aThanks be to thy name, O Lord God of Israel, who keepest bcovenant and showest mercy unto thy servants who walk uprightly before thee, with all their hearts—
          •  •  •
      50 Have amercy, O Lord, upon the wicked mob, who have driven thy people, that they may cease to spoil, that they may repent of their sins if repentance is to be found;
          •  •  •
      54 Have mercy, O Lord, upon all the anations of the earth; have mercy upon the rulers of our land; may those principles, which were so honorably and nobly defended, namely, the bConstitution of our land, by our fathers, be established forever.
          •  •  •
      69 Have mercy, O Lord, upon his awife and children, that they may be exalted in thy presence, and preserved by thy fostering hand.
          •  •  •
      77 O Lord God Almighty, hear us in these our petitions, and answer us from heaven, thy holy habitation, where thou sittest enthroned, with aglory, honor, power, majesty, might, dominion, truth, justice, judgment, mercy, and an infinity of fulness, from everlasting to everlasting.
  154.   1 Verily thus saith the Lord: It is wisdom in my servant David W. Patten, that he settle up all his business as soon as he possibly can, and make a disposition of his merchandise, that he may aperform a mission unto me next spring, in company with others, even twelve including himself, to testify of my name and bear glad tidings unto all the world.
  155.   14 Therefore, let him come up hither speedily, unto the land of Zion; and in the due time he shall be made a merchant unto my name, saith the Lord, for the benefit of my people.
  156.   36 And it came to pass that Moses spake unto the Lord, saying: Be merciful unto thy servant, O God, and atell me concerning this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, and also the heavens, and then thy servant will be content.
  157.   50 And it came to pass that Enoch continued his cry unto the Lord, saying: I ask thee, O Lord, in the name of thine Only Begotten, even Jesus Christ, that thou wilt have mercy upon Noah and his seed, that the earth might never more be covered by the afloods.
  158.  
  159.  
  160.  

No comments:

Post a Comment