Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Believe words

  1.   15 The simple believeth every word: but the aprudent man looketh well to his going.
  2.   50 Jesus saith unto him, Go thy way; thy son aliveth. And the man believed the word that Jesus had spoken unto him, and he went his way.
  3.   47 But if ye believe not his awritings, how shall ye believe my words?
  4.   12 Let no man adespise thy youth; but be thou an bexample of the believers, in word, in cconversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in dpurity.
  5.   3 And now, I would prophesy somewhat more concerning the Jews and the Gentiles. For after the book of which I have spoken shall come forth, and be written unto the Gentiles, and sealed up again unto the Lord, there shall be many which shall abelieve the words which are written; and bthey shall carry them forth unto the cremnant of our seed.
  6.   1 And now, it came to pass that when king Benjamin had thus spoken to his people, he sent among them, desiring to know of his people if they abelieved the words which he had spoken unto them.
  7.   2 But there was one among them whose name was aAlma, he also being a descendant of Nephi. And he was a young man, and he bbelieved the words which Abinadi had spoken, for he knew concerning the iniquity which Abinadi had testified against them; therefore he began to plead with the king that he would not be angry with Abinadi, but suffer that he might depart in peace.
  8.   3 And as many as would hear his word he did teach. And he taught them privately, that it might not come to the knowledge of the king. And many did believe his words.
  9.   9 For Amulon knew Alma, that he had been aone of the king’s priests, and that it was he that believed the words of Abinadi and was driven out before the king, and therefore he was wroth with him; for he was subject to king Laman, yet he exercised authority over them, and put btasks upon them, and put ctask-masters over them.
  10.   4 And they said also: We will not believe thy words if thou shouldst prophesy that this great city should be destroyed in aone day.
  11.   11 And he said: Yea, I believe that the Great Spirit created all things, and I desire that ye should tell me concerning all these things, and I will abelieve thy words.
      12 And it came to pass that when Aaron saw that the king would believe his words, he began from the creation of Adam, areading the scriptures unto the king—how God bcreated man after his own image, and that God gave him commandments, and that because of transgression, man had fallen.
  12.   4 And now behold, when they saw this they were astonished exceedingly, insomuch that they fell to the earth; for they had not believed the words which Nephi had spoken concerning the chief judge.
  13.   16 And there were many, who had not believed the words of the prophets, who afell to the earth and became as if they were dead, for they knew that the great bplan of destruction which they had laid for those who believed in the words of the prophets had been frustrated; for the sign which had been given was already at hand.
  14.   12 And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for agood cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will bnot believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the clight, and the dlife, and the etruth of the world.
  15.   7 Behold, if they will not abelieve my words, they would not believe you, my servant Joseph, if it were possible that you should show them all these things which I have committed unto you.
  16.   32 And, behold, they will publish this, and Satan will aharden the hearts of the people to stir them up to anger against you, that they will not believe my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment