Sunday, May 27, 2012

Know not

  1. 9 ¶ And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my abrother’s bkeeper?
  2. 2 And he said, Behold now, I am old, I know not the day of my death:
  3. 16 ¶ And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the Lord is in this place; and I knew it not.
  4. 32 With whomsoever thou findest thy gods, let him not live: before our brethren discern thou what is thine with me, and take it to thee. For Jacob knew not that Rachel had stolen them.
  5. 16 And he turned unto her by the way, and said, Go to, I pray thee, let me come in unto thee; (for he knew not that she was his daughter in law.) And she said, What wilt thou give me, that thou mayest come in unto me?
  6. 6 And he left all that he had in Joseph’s hand; and he knew not ought he had, save the bread which he did eat. And Joseph was a agoodly person, and well bfavoured.
  7. 8 And Joseph knew his brethren, but they knew not him.
    • • •
    23 And they knew not that Joseph understood them; for he spake unto them by an interpreter.
  8. 8 Now there arose up a new aking over Egypt, which knew not Joseph.
  9. 2 And Pharaoh said, Who is the Lord, that I should aobey his voice to let Israel go? I bknow not the Lord, neither will I let Israel go.
  10. 7 And Pharaoh’s servants said unto him, How long shall this man be a asnare unto us? let the men go, that they may serve the Lord their God: knowest thou not yet that Egypt is bdestroyed?
    • • •
    26 Our cattle also shall go with us; there shall not an hoof be left behind; for thereof must we take to serve the Lord our God; and we know not with what we must serve the Lord, until we come thither.
  11. 34 And Balaam said unto the angel of the Lord, I have sinned; for I knew not that thou stoodest in the way against me: now therefore, if it displease thee, I will get me back again.
  12. 3 And he ahumbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with bmanna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that cman doth not live by dbread only, but by every eword that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.
    • • •
    16 Who fed thee in the wilderness with amanna, which thy fathers knew not, that he might humble thee, and that he might bprove thee, to do thee good at thy latter end;
  13. 2 And if thy brother abe not nigh unto thee, or if thou know him not, then thou shalt bring it unto thine own house, and it shall be with thee until thy brother seek after it, and thou shalt restore it to him again.
  14. 33 The fruit of thy land, and all thy labours, shall a nation which thou knowest not eat up; and thou shalt be only oppressed and crushed alway:
  15. 26 For they went and served other gods, and worshipped them, gods whom they knew not, and whom he had not given unto them:
  16. 17 They asacrificed unto devils, bnot to God; to cgods whom they knew not, to new dgods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.
  17. 10 And also all that generation were gathered unto their fathers: and there arose another generation after them, which aknew not the Lord, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel.
  18. 16 And the angel of the Lord said unto Manoah, Though thou detain me, I will not eat of thy bread: and if thou wilt offer a burnt offering, thou must offer it unto the Lord. For Manoah knew not that he was an angel of the Lord.
  19. 4 But his father and his mother knew not that it was of the aLord, that he sought an occasion against the Philistines: for at that time the Philistines had bdominion over Israel.
  20. 11 Then three thousand men of Judah went to the top of the rock Etam, and said to Samson, Knowest thou not that the Philistines are arulers over us? what is this that thou hast done unto us? And he said unto them, As they did unto me, so have I done unto them.
  21. 34 And there came against Gibeah ten thousand chosen men out of all Israel, and the battle was asore: but they knew not that evil was near them.
  22. 11 And Boaz answered and said unto her, It hath fully been shewed me, all that thou hast done unto thy mother in law since the death of thine husband: and how thou hast left thy father and thy mother, and the land of thy nativity, and art come unto a people which thou knewest not heretofore.
  23. 12 ¶ Now the asons of Eli were bsons of cBelial; they knew not the Lord.
  24. 3 And Ahiah, the son of Ahitub, I-chabod’s brother, the son of Phinehas, the son of Eli, the Lord’s priest in Shiloh, wearing an aephod. And the people knew not that Jonathan was gone.
  25. 39 But the lad knew not any thing: only Jonathan and David knew the matter.
  26. 11 Shall I then take my bread, and my water, and my flesh that I have killed for my shearers, and give it unto men, whom I know not whence they be?
  27. 26 Then Abner called to Joab, and said, Shall the sword devour for ever? knowest thou not that it will be bitterness in the latter end? how long shall it be then, ere thou bid the people return from following their brethren?
  28. 26 And when Joab was come out from David, he sent messengers after Abner, which brought him again from the well of Sirah: but David knew it not.
    • • •
    38 And the king said unto his servants, Know ye not that there is a prince and a great man fallen this day in Israel?
  29. 20 And if so be that the king’s awrath arise, and he say unto thee, Wherefore approached ye so nigh unto the city when ye did fight? knew ye not that they would shoot from the wall?
  30. 11 And with Absalom went two hundred men out of Jerusalem, that were called; and they went in their simplicity, and they knew not any thing.
  31. 29 And the king said, Is the young man Absalom safe? And Ahimaaz answered, When Joab sent the king’s servant, and me thy servant, I saw a great tumult, but I knew not what it was.
  32. 44 Thou also hast delivered me from the strivings of my people, thou hast kept me to be head of the heathen: a people which I knew not shall serve me.
  33. 4 And the damsel was very fair, and cherished the king, and ministered to him: but the king knew her not.
    • • •
    11 ¶ Wherefore Nathan spake unto Bath-sheba the mother of Solomon, saying, Hast thou not heard that Adonijah the son of Haggith doth reign, and David our lord knoweth it not?
    • • •
    18 And now, behold, Adonijah reigneth; and now, my lord the king, thou knowest it not:
  34. 7 And now, O Lord my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a alittle child: I know not how to go out or come in.
  35. 12 And it shall come to pass, as soon as I am gone from thee, that the Spirit of the Lord shall acarry thee whither I know not; and so when I come and tell Ahab, and he cannot find thee, he shall slay me: but I thy servant fear the Lord from my youth.
  36. 39 And one went out into the field to gather herbs, and found a wild vine, and gathered thereof wild gourds his lap full, and came and shred them into the pot of pottage: for they knew them not.
  37. 26 Wherefore they spake to the king of Assyria, saying, The nations which thou hast removed, and placed in the cities of Samaria, know not the manner of the God of the land: therefore he hath sent lions among them, and, behold, they slay them, because they know not the manner of the God of the land.
  38. 13 Know ye not what I and my fathers have done unto all the people of other lands? were the gods of the nations of those lands any ways able to deliver their lands out of mine hand?
  39. 25 And thou, Ezra, after the wisdom of thy God, that is in thine hand, set magistrates and ajudges, which may judge all the people that are bbeyond the river, all such as know the claws of thy God; and dteach ye them that know them not.
  40. 16 And the rulers knew not whither I went, or what I did; neither had I as yet told it to the Jews, nor to the priests, nor to the nobles, nor to the rulers, nor to the rest that did the work.
  41. 12 And when they lifted up their eyes afar off, and knew him not, they lifted up their voice, and wept; and they rent every one his mantle, and sprinkled dust upon their heads toward heaven.
  42. 5 aWhich removeth the mountains, and they know not: which overturneth them in his anger.
  43. 3 But I have understanding as well as you; I am not inferior to you: yea, who knoweth not such things as these?
    • • •
    9 Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this?
  44. 21 His sons come to honour, and he knoweth it not; and they are brought low, but he perceiveth it not of them.
  45. 9 What knowest thou, that we know not? what understandest thou, which is not in us?
  46. 21 Surely such are the dwellings of the wicked, and this is the place of him that knoweth not God.
  47. 4 Knowest thou not this of old, since man was placed upon earth,
  48. 1 Why, seeing times are not hidden from the Almighty, do they that know him not see his days?
    • • •
    13 They are of those that arebel against the blight; they know not the ways thereof, nor abide in the paths thereof.
    • • •
    16 In the dark they dig through houses, which they had marked for themselves in the daytime: they know not the alight.
  49. 13 Man knoweth not the price thereof; neither is it found in the land of the living.
  50. 16 I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out.
  51. 22 For I know not to give aflattering titles; in so doing my maker would soon take me away.
  52. 15 But now, because it is not so, he hath visited in his anger; yet he knoweth it not in great extremity:
  53. 26 Behold, God is great, and we know him not, neither can the number of his years be searched out.
  54. 3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too awonderful for me, which I knew not.
  55. 11 aFalse witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge things that I knew not.
    • • •
    15 But in mine aadversity they rejoiced, and gathered themselves together: yea, the abjects gathered themselves together against me, and I knew it not; they did tear me, and ceased not:
  56. 6 Surely every man walketh in a vain shew: surely they are disquieted in vain: he heapeth up ariches, and knoweth not who shall gather them.
  57. 15 My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof.
  58. 5 They know not, neither will they understand; they awalk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
  59. 6 A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.
  60. 10 He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know?
  61. 19 The way of the wicked is as adarkness: they know not at what they stumble.
  62. 23 Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the asnare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.
  63. 18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of ahell.
  64. 12 If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that apondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his bworks?
  65. 8 Go not forth hastily to astrive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.
  66. 1 aBoast not thyself of to bmorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
  67. 18 There be three things which are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not:
  68. 7 For he knoweth not that which shall be: for who can tell him when it shall be?
  69. 5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
    • • •
    12 For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men asnared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.
  70. 15 The labour of the foolish wearieth every one of them, because he knoweth not how to go to the city.
  71. 2 Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou aknowest not what evil shall be upon the earth.
    • • •
    5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the aspirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who bmaketh all.
    6 In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.
  72. 8 ¶ If thou know not, O thou fairest among women, go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock, and feed thy kids beside the shepherds’ tents.
  73. 16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make adarkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.
    • • •
    25 Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart.
  74. 8 aFear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no bGod; I know not any.
  75. 8 Yea, thou heardest not; yea, thou knewest not; yea, from that time that thine ear was not opened: for I knew that thou wouldest deal very treacherously, and wast called a transgressor from the awomb.
  76. 5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and anations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.
  77. 8 The way of apeace they know not; and there is no bjudgment in their goings: they have made them ccrooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.
  78. 8 The priests said not, Where is the Lord? and they that handle the law knew me not: the apastors also transgressed against me, and the bprophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after things that do not profit.
  79. 4 Therefore I said, Surely these are poor; they are foolish: for they aknow not the way of the Lord, nor the judgment of their God.
    • • •
    15 Lo, I will bring a nation upon you from far, O house of Israel, saith the Lord: it is a mighty nation, it is an ancient nation, a nation whose alanguage thou knowest not, neither understandest what they say.
  80. 9 Will ye steal, amurder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and bwalk after other gods whom ye know not;
  81. 7 Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the aturtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people bknow not the judgment of the Lord.
  82. 3 And they bend their tongues like their bow for alies: but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they bknow not me, saith the Lord.
  83. 25 Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the afamilies that call not on thy name: for they have eaten up Jacob, and devoured him, and consumed him, and have made his habitation desolate.
  84. 19 But I was like a alamb or an ox that is brought to the bslaughter; and I knew not that they had cdevised ddevices against me, saying, Let us destroy the tree with the fruit thereof, and let us ecut him off from the land of the living, that his name may be no more remembered.
  85. 18 If I go forth into the field, then behold the aslain with the sword! and if I enter into the city, then behold them that are sick with famine! yea, both the prophet and the priest go about into a bland that they know not.
  86. 14 And I will make thee to pass with thine enemies into a aland which thou knowest not: for a fire is kindled in mine anger, which shall burn upon you.
  87. 13 Therefore will I acast you out of this bland into a land that ye know not, neither ye nor your fathers; and there shall ye serve other cgods day and night; where I will not dshew you favour.
  88. 4 And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to aserve thine enemies in the bland which thou knowest not: for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever.
  89. 28 Is this man Coniah a despised broken idol? is he a avessel wherein is no pleasure? wherefore are they cast out, he and his seed, and are cast into a land which they know not?
  90. 3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and ashew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
  91. 3 Because of their wickedness which they have committed to provoke me to anger, in that they went to aburn incense, and to serve other bgods, whom they knew not, neither they, ye, nor your fathers.
  92. 12 Say now to the arebellious house, Know ye not what these things mean? tell them, Behold, the bking of Babylon is come to Jerusalem, and hath taken the king thereof, and the princes thereof, and led them with him to Babylon;
  93. 38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
  94. 9 aStrangers have devoured his strength, and he knoweth it not: yea, gray hairs are here and there upon him, yet he knoweth not.
  95. 4 They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and aI knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.
  96. 3 I taught Ephraim also to go, taking them by their arms; but they knew not that I ahealed them.
  97. 10 For they know not to do right, saith the Lord, who store up aviolence and robbery in their palaces.
  98. 12 But they know not the thoughts of the Lord, neither understand they his counsel: for he shall gather them as the sheaves into the floor.
  99. 5 Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
    • • •
    13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
  100. 14 But I ascattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations whom they knew not. Thus the land was desolate after them, that no man passed through nor returned: for they laid the pleasant land desolate.
  101. 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her afirstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
  102. 12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they alisted. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
  103. 22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
  104. 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
    • • •
    42 ¶ aWatch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
  105. 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I aknow you not.
  106. 70 But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.
    • • •
    74 Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the acock crew.
  107. 13 And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?
    • • •
    27 And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and agrow up, he knoweth not how.
  108. 38 But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the abaptism that I am baptized with?
  109. 24 And Jesus answering said unto them, aDo ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
  110. 33 Take ye heed, awatch and bpray: for ye know not when the time is.
    • • •
    35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
  111. 68 But he denied, saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew.
    • • •
    71 But he began to curse and to swear, saying, I know not this man of whom ye speak.
  112. 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I aknow not a man?
  113. 43 And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
  114. 55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of aspirit ye are of.
  115. 48 But he that aknew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be bbeaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever cmuch is dgiven, of him shall be much erequired: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
  116. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, aLord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
    • • •
    27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; adepart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
  117. 44 And shall alay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one bstone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy cvisitation.
  118. 57 And he denied him, saying, Woman, I know him not.
    • • •
    60 And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.
  119. 34 ¶ Then asaid Jesus, Father, bforgive them; for they know not what cthey do. And they parted his draiment, and cast lots.
  120. 10 He was in the aworld, and the bworld was cmade by him, and the world dknew him not.
    • • •
    26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with awater: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;
    • • •
    31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.
    • • •
    33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the aHoly Ghost.
  121. 9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
  122. 10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
  123. 22 Ye worship ye aknow not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
    • • •
    32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.
  124. 28 Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is atrue, whom ye know not.
    • • •
    49 But this people who knoweth not the law are acursed.
  125. 55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
  126. 12 Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not.
    • • •
    21 But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself.
    • • •
    25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.
    • • •
    29 We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from awhence he is.
    30 The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.
  127. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of astrangers.
  128. 35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the alight with you. Walk while ye have the blight, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in cdarkness knoweth not whither he goeth.
  129. 7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
  130. 5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
  131. 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you afriends; for all things that I have bheard of my Father I have made cknown unto you.
    • • •
    21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name’s sake, because they know not him that sent me.
  132. 10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
  133. 2 Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other adisciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the bLord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.
    • • •
    9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must arise again from the bdead.
    • • •
    13 And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him.
    14 And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and asaw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.
  134. 4 But when the morning was now come, Jesus astood on the shore: but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus.
  135. 18 Till another aking arose, which knew not Joseph.
  136. 27 For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.
  137. 32 Some therefore cried one thing, and some another: for the assembly was confused; and the more part knew not wherefore they were come together.
    • • •
    35 And when the townclerk had aappeased the people, he said, Ye men of Ephesus, what man is there that knoweth not how that the city of the Ephesians is a bworshipper of the great goddess Diana, and of the image which fell down from cJupiter?
  138. 39 And when it was day, they knew not the land: but they discovered a certain acreek with a shore, into the which they were minded, if it were possible, to thrust in the ship.
  139. 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were abaptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
    • • •
    16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves aservants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye bobey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
  140. 1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the alaw hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
  141. 26 Likewise the Spirit also ahelpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should bpray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh cintercession for us with dgroanings which cannot be uttered.
  142. 16 And I baptized also the household of aStephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
    • • •
    21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world aby wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of bpreaching to save them that believe.
  143. 16 Know ye not that ye are the atemple of God, and that the bSpirit of God dwelleth cin you?
  144. 19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.
  145. 6 Your aglorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
  146. 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
    • • •
    9 Know ye not that the aunrighteous shall not binherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither cfornicators, nor idolaters, nor dadulterers, nor eeffeminate, nor fabusers of themselves with mankind,
    • • •
    15 Know ye not that your bodies are the amembers of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
    16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be aone flesh.
    • • •
    19 What? know ye not that your abody is the btemple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your cown?
  147. 24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
  148. 11 Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.
  149. 5 aExamine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that bJesus cChrist is in you, except ye be reprobates?
  150. 8 Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye adid bservice unto them which by nature are no cgods.
  151. 5 Not in the alust of concupiscence, even as the bGentiles which cknow not God:
  152. 8 In flaming afire taking bvengeance on them that know not God, and that cobey not the dgospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
  153. 5 (For if a man know not how to arule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
  154. 4 Ye aadulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the bworld is cenmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the denemy of God.
    • • •
    14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a avapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
  155. 11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and awalketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
    • • •
    21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
  156. 1 Behold, what manner of alove the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the bsons of God: therefore the cworld knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
  157. 8 He that loveth not aknoweth not God; for God is love.
  158. 10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
  159. 17 Because thou sayest, I am arich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
  160. 12 And thus Laman and Lemuel, being the eldest, did murmur against their afather. And they did bmurmur because they cknew not the dealings of that God who had dcreated them.
  161. 29 And it came to pass as they smote us with a rod, behold, an aangel of the Lord came and stood before them, and he spake unto them, saying: Why do ye smite your younger brother with a rod? Know ye not that the Lord hath chosen him to be a bruler over you, and this because of your iniquities? Behold ye shall go up to Jerusalem again, and the Lord will cdeliver Laban into your hands.
  162. 14 And I looked to behold from whence it came; and I saw the head thereof a little way off; and at the head thereof I beheld your mother Sariah, and Sam, and aNephi; and they stood as if they knew not whither they should go.
  163. 5 Wherefore, the Lord hath commanded me to make these plates for a awise purpose in him, which purpose I know not.
  164. 8 Yea, even he should go forth and cry in the wilderness: aPrepare ye the way of the Lord, and make his paths straight; for there standeth one among you whom ye know not; and he is mightier than I, whose shoe’s latchet I am not worthy to unloose. And much spake my father concerning this thing.
  165. 22 And I said unto him: I know not.
  166. 43 And now, after all these things, the time has come that they have become wicked, yea, nearly unto ripeness; and I know not but they are at this day about to be adestroyed; for I know that the day must surely come that they must be destroyed, save a few only, who shall be led away into captivity.
  167. 13 Wherefore, they knew not whither they should steer the ship, insomuch that there arose a great astorm, yea, a great and terrible tempest, and we were bdriven back upon the waters for the space of three days; and they began to be frightened exceedingly lest they should be drowned in the sea; nevertheless they did not loose me.
  168. 2 And I knew not at the time when I made them that I should be commanded of the Lord to make athese plates; wherefore, the record of my father, and the genealogy of his fathers, and the more part of all our proceedings in the wilderness are engraven upon those first plates of which I have spoken; wherefore, the things which transpired before I made bthese plates are, of a truth, more particularly made mention upon the first plates.
  169. 8 Yea, and thou heardest not; yea, thou knewest not; yea, from that time thine ear was not opened; for I knew that thou wouldst deal very treacherously, and wast called a atransgressor from the womb.
  170. 1 Now I, Nephi, do speak somewhat concerning the words which I have written, which have been spoken by the mouth of Isaiah. For behold, Isaiah spake many things which were ahard for many of my people to understand; for they know not concerning the manner of prophesying among the Jews.
  171. 7 Know ye not that there are more anations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the bisles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the cearth beneath; and I bring forth my dword unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?
    8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the atestimony of btwo nations is a cwitness unto you that I am God, that I remember one dnation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two enations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.
  172. 7 Know ye not that he was holy? But notwithstanding he being holy, he showeth unto the children of men that, according to the flesh he humbleth himself before the Father, and witnesseth unto the Father that he would be aobedient unto him in keeping his commandments.
  173. 9 Know ye not that if ye will do these things, that the power of the redemption and the resurrection, which is in Christ, will bring you to stand with ashame and bawful cguilt before the bar of God?
  174. 14 And again, doth a man take an ass which belongeth to his neighbor, and keep him? I say unto you, Nay; he will not even suffer that he shall feed among his flocks, but will drive him away, and cast him out. I say unto you, that even so shall it be among you if ye know not the name by which ye are called.
  175. 4 And now, they knew not the course they should travel in the wilderness to go up to the land of Lehi-Nephi; therefore they wandered many days in the wilderness, even aforty days did they wander.
  176. 1 And it came to pass that
    • • •
    30 Know ye not that I speak the atruth? Yea, ye know that I speak the truth; and you ought to tremble before God.
  177. 31 Yea, they did mourn for their departure, for they knew not whither they had fled. Now they would have gladly joined with them, for they themselves had entered into a acovenant with God to serve him and keep his commandments.
  178. 5 And they were a people friendly one with another; nevertheless they knew not God; neither did the brethren of Amulon teach them anything concerning the Lord their God, neither the law of Moses; nor did they teach them the words of Abinadi;
  179. 8 For they knew not what to think; for when they beheld those that had been delivered aout of bondage they were filled with exceedingly great joy.
  180. 18 Now the Amlicites knew not that they were fulfilling the words of God when they began to mark themselves in their foreheads; nevertheless they had come out in open arebellion against God; therefore it was expedient that the curse should fall upon them.
  181. 29 Behold, I say, is there one among you who is not stripped of aenvy? I say unto you that such an one is not prepared; and I would that he should prepare bquickly, for the hour is close at hand, and he knoweth not when the time shall come; for such an one is not found guiltless.
  182. 6 Nevertheless the children of God were commanded that they should gather themselves together oft, and join in afasting and mighty prayer in behalf of the welfare of the souls of those who knew not God.
  183. 3 Now they understood not the words which they spake; for they knew not that the earth should pass away.
    • • •
    5 Now they knew not that God could do such marvelous aworks, for they were a hard-hearted and a stiffnecked people.
    • • •
    18 But behold, I say unto you that if ye persist in your wickedness that your days shall not be aprolonged in the land, for the bLamanites shall be sent upon you; and if ye repent not they shall come in a time when you know not, and ye shall be visited with cutter destruction; and it shall be according to the fierce danger of the Lord.
  184. 17 Now they knew not that Amulek could aknow of their designs. But it came to pass as they began to question him, he bperceived their thoughts, and he said unto them: O ye wicked and perverse cgeneration, ye lawyers and hypocrites, for ye are laying the foundations of the devil; for ye are laying dtraps and snares to catch the holy ones of God.
  185. 25 And now we only wait to hear the joyful news declared unto us by the mouth of angels, of his coming; for the time cometh, we aknow not how soon. Would to God that it might be in my day; but let it be sooner or later, in it I will rejoice.
  186. 19 And it came to pass that the judge stood before them, and said: Why do ye not answer the words of this people? Know ye not that I have apower to deliver you up unto the flames? And he bcommanded them to speak; but they answered nothing.
  187. 35 Therefore they did not fear Ammon, for they supposed that one of their men could slay him according to their pleasure, for they knew not that the Lord had promised Mosiah that he would adeliver his sons out of their hands; neither did they know anything concerning the Lord; therefore they delighted in the destruction of their brethren; and for this cause they stood to scatter the flocks of the king.
  188. 3 And they answered the king, and said: Whether he be the Great Spirit or a man, we know not; but this much we do know, that he acannot be slain by the enemies of the king; neither can they bscatter the king’s flocks when he is with us, because of his expertness and cgreat strength; therefore, we know that he is a friend to the king. And now, O king, we do not believe that a man has such great power, for we know he cannot be slain.
    • • •
    14 Therefore Ammon turned himself unto the king, and said unto him: What wilt thou that I should do for thee, O king? And the king answered him not for the space of an ahour, according to their time, for he knew not what he should say unto him.
  189. 5 Yea, and I know that good and evil have come before all men; he that knoweth not good from evil is ablameless; but he that bknoweth good and evil, to him it is given according to his desires, whether he desireth good or evil, life or death, joy or remorse of cconscience.
  190. 27 And now, my son, I command you that ye retain all their oaths, and their covenants, and their agreements in their secret abominations; yea, and all their asigns and their wonders ye shall bkeep from this people, that they know them not, lest peradventure they should fall into darkness also and be destroyed.
  191. 5 Know ye not, my son, that these things are an abomination in the sight of the Lord; yea, most aabominable above all sins save it be the shedding of innocent bblood or denying the Holy Ghost?
  192. 18 And when Alma had done this he adeparted out of the land of Zarahemla, as if to go into the land of bMelek. And it came to pass that he was never heard of more; as to his death or burial we know not of.
  193. 13 For they knew not that Moroni had fortified, or had built aforts of security, for every city in all the land round about; therefore, they marched forward to the land of Noah with a firm determination; yea, their chief captains came forward and took an boath that they would destroy the people of that city.
  194. 36 And Lehi pressed upon their rear with such fury with his strong men, that the Lamanites in the rear delivered up their weapons of war; and the remainder of them, being much confused, knew not whither to go or to strike.
  195. 21 And as concerning that God whom ye say we have rejected, behold, we aknow not such a being; neither do ye; but if it so be that there is such a being, we know not but that he hath made us as well as you.
  196. 43 And now, whether they were overtaken by Antipus we knew not, but I said unto my men: Behold, we know not but they have halted for the purpose that we should come against them, that they might catch us in their snare;
  197. 9 And now the cause of these our embarrassments, or the cause why they did not send more strength unto us, we knew not; therefore we were grieved and also filled with fear, lest by any means the judgments of God should come upon our land, to our overthrow and utter destruction.
  198. 18 But why should I say much concerning this matter? For we know not but what ye yourselves are seeking for authority. We know not but what ye are also atraitors to your country.
  199. 8 And it came to pass that they were never heard of more. And we suppose that they were drowned in the depths of the sea. And it came to pass that one other ship also did sail forth; and whither she did go we know not.
  200. 12 And it came to pass that they inquired among the people, saying: Where are the five who were sent to inquire concerning the chief judge whether he was dead? And they answered and said: Concerning this five whom ye say ye have sent, we know not; but there are five who are the murderers, whom we have cast into prison.
    • • •
    15 Now, as for the murder of this man, we know not who has done it; and only this much we know, we ran and came aaccording as ye desired, and behold he was dead, according to the words of Nephi.
  201. 20 But behold, we know that this is a wicked atradition, which has been handed down unto us by our fathers, to cause us that we should believe in some great and marvelous thing which should come to pass, but not among us, but in a land which is far distant, a land which we know not; therefore they can keep us in ignorance, for we cannot bwitness with our own eyes that they are true.
  202. 20 And ye shall offer for a asacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit. And whoso cometh unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, him will I bbaptize with fire and with the Holy Ghost, even as the Lamanites, because of their faith in me at the time of their conversion, were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and they knew it not.
  203. 19 But, verily, I say unto you that the Father hath commanded me, and I tell it unto you, that ye were aseparated from among them because of their iniquity; therefore it is because of their iniquity that they know not of you.
    20 And verily, I say unto you again that the other tribes hath the Father separated from them; and it is because of their iniquity that they know not of them.
  204. 4 And I command you that ye shall awrite these sayings after I am gone, that if it so be that my people at Jerusalem, they who have seen me and been with me in my ministry, do not ask the Father in my name, that they may receive a knowledge of you by the Holy Ghost, and also of the other tribes whom they know not of, that these sayings which ye shall write shall be kept and shall be manifested unto the bGentiles, that through the fulness of the Gentiles, the remnant of their seed, who shall be scattered forth upon the face of the earth because of their cunbelief, may be brought in, or may be brought to a dknowledge of me, their Redeemer.
  205. 32 Nevertheless, ye shall not cast him out of your asynagogues, or your places of worship, for unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall bheal them; and ye shall be the means of bringing salvation unto them.
  206. 17 And now, whether they were mortal or immortal, from the day of their transfiguration, I know not;
    • • •
    27 And behold they will be aamong the Gentiles, and the Gentiles shall know them not.
    28 They will also be among the Jews, and the Jews shall know them not.
    • • •
    36 And now behold, as I spake concerning those whom the Lord hath chosen, yea, even three who were caught up into the heavens, that I knew not whether they were acleansed from bmortality to immortality—
  207. 23 Know ye not that ye are in the ahands of God? Know ye not that he hath all power, and at his great command the bearth shall be crolled together as a scroll?
  208. 3 And my father also was killed by them, and I even aremain balone to write the sad tale of the destruction of my people. But behold, they are gone, and I fulfil the commandment of my father. And whether they will slay me, I know not.
    • • •
    5 Behold, my father hath made athis record, and he hath written the intent thereof. And behold, I would write it also if I had room upon the bplates, but I have not; and ore I have none, for I am alone. My father hath been slain in battle, and all my kinsfolk, and I have not friends nor whither to go; and chow long the Lord will suffer that I may live I know not.
  209. 8 Behold I say unto you, he that denieth these things knoweth not the agospel of Christ; yea, he has not read the scriptures; if so, he does not bunderstand them.
    • • •
    20 And the reason why he ceaseth to do amiracles among the children of men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they should btrust.
  210. 8 And he saith unto the Lord: I saw the finger of the Lord, and I feared lest he should asmite me; for I knew not that the Lord had flesh and blood.
  211. 25 Wherefore, if they aknow not the bname by which they are called, they cannot have place in the ckingdom of my Father.
  212. 15 Therefore I command you to repent—repent, lest I asmite you by the rod of my mouth, and by my wrath, and by my anger, and your bsufferings be sore—how sore you know not, how exquisite you know not, yea, how hard to bear you know not.
  213. 4 Thou art blessed, for thou shalt do great things. Behold thou wast sent forth, even as aJohn, to prepare the way before me, and before bElijah which should come, and thou knewest it not.
  214. 13 And now I show unto you a mystery, a thing which is had in secret chambers, to bring to pass even your adestruction in process of time, and ye knew it not;
    • • •
    29 Ye hear of awars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land.
  215. 8 Wherefore, I will that all men shall repent, for all are under asin, except those which I have breserved unto myself, choly men that ye know not of.
  216. 12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are ablinded by the subtle bcraftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to cdeceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they dknow not where to find it—
  217. 6 And aSatan put it into the heart of the serpent, (for he had drawn away bmany after him,) and he sought also to cbeguile Eve, for he dknew not the emind of God, wherefore he sought to destroy the world.
  218. 6 And after many days an aangel of the Lord appeared unto Adam, saying: Why dost thou offer bsacrifices unto the Lord? And Adam said unto him: I know not, save the Lord commanded me.
    • • •
    34 And the Lord said unto Cain: Where is Abel, thy brother? And he said: I know not. Am I my brother’s akeeper?
  219. 16 And his voice was unto me: aAbraham, Abraham, behold, my bname is Jehovah, and I have heard thee, and have come down to deliver thee, and to take thee away from thy cfather’s house, and from all thy kinsfolk, into a strange dland which thou knowest not of;
  220. 40 But of that day, and hour, no one aknoweth; no, not the angels of God in heaven, but my Father only.
    • • •
    43 And aknew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.
    • • •
    46 And what I say unto one, I say unto all men; awatch, therefore, for you know not at what hour your Lord doth come.

No comments:

Post a Comment