Tuesday, November 30, 2010

From whence it came

  1. 5 And the servant said unto him, aPeradventure the woman will not be willing to follow me unto this land: must I needs bring thy son again unto the land from whence thou camest?
  2. 10 ¶ For the land, whither thou goest in to possess it, is not as the land of Egypt, from whence ye came out, where thou sowedst thy seed, and wateredst it with thy foot, as a garden of aherbs:
  3. 14 ¶ Then came Isaiah the prophet unto king Hezekiah, and said unto him, What said these men? and from whence came they unto thee? And Hezekiah said, They are come from a far country, even from Babylon.
  4. 3 ¶ Then came Isaiah the prophet unto king Hezekiah, and said unto him, What said these men? and from whence came they unto thee? And Hezekiah said, They are come from a far country unto me, even from Babylon.
  5. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
  6. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
  7. 15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
  8. 14 And I looked to behold from whence it came; and I saw the head thereof a little way off; and at the head thereof I beheld your mother Sariah, and Sam, and aNephi; and they stood as if they knew not whither they should go.
  9. 8 And now I, Jacob, would speak somewhat concerning these words. For behold, the Lord has shown me that those who were at aJerusalem, from whence we came, have been bslain and ccarried away captive.
  10. 5 Yea, I know that ye know that in the body he shall show himself unto those at Jerusalem, from whence we came; for it is expedient that it should be among them; for it behooveth the great aCreator that he bsuffereth himself to become csubject unto man in the flesh, and ddie for eall men, that all men might become subject unto him.
  11. 8 I have charity for the aJew—I say Jew, because I mean them from whence I came.
  12. 52 Wherefore, let us take of the abranches of these which I have planted in the nethermost parts of my vineyard, and let us graft them into the tree from whence they came; and let us pluck from the tree those branches whose fruit is most bitter, and graft in the natural branches of the tree in the stead thereof.
  13. 12 And I say unto thee again: Knowest thou of any one that can translate? For I am desirous that these records should be translated into our language; for, perhaps, they will give us a knowledge of a remnant of the people who have been destroyed, from whence these records came; or, perhaps, they will give us a knowledge of this very people who have been destroyed; and I am desirous to know the cause of their destruction.
  14. 48 And now, when they heard this they cast up their eyes as if to behold from whence the voice came; and behold, they saw the aheavens open; and angels came down out of heaven and ministered unto them.
  15. 5 And again the third time they did hear the voice, and did aopen their ears to hear it; and their eyes were towards the sound thereof; and they did look steadfastly towards heaven, from whence the sound came.
  16. 1 Behold, thus saith the Lord unto the elders of his church, who are to return speedily to the land from whence they came: Behold, it pleaseth me, that you have come up hither;
    • • •
    5 But, verily, I will speak unto you concerning your journey unto the land from whence you came. Let there be a craft made, or bought, as aseemeth you good, it mattereth not unto me, and take your journey speedily for the place which is called St. Louis.
    • • •
    8 And let the residue take their journey from St. Louis, atwo by two, and preach the word, not in haste, among the congregations of the wicked, until they return to the churches from whence they came.
  17. 40 And there came a man unto him, whose name was Mahijah, and said unto him: Tell us plainly who thou art, and from whence thou comest?

No comments:

Post a Comment