Saturday, October 2, 2010

Lay down life

  1. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
    • • •
    17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
  2. 37 Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake.
    38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.
  3. 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
  4. 4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.
  5. 16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
  6. 8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise.
  7. 24 He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.
  8. 22 Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved.
  9. 33 And again, I remember that thou hast said that thou hast loved the world, even unto the laying down of thy life for the world, that thou mightest take it again to prepare a place for the children of men.
  10. 13 And whoso layeth down his life in my cause, for my name’s sake, shall find it again, even life eternal.
  11. 27 Let no man be afraid to lay down his life for my sake; for whoso layeth down his life for my sake shall find it again.
    28 And whoso is not willing to lay down his life for my sake is not my disciple.

No comments:

Post a Comment