Saturday, October 23, 2010

"Speedily visit"

  1. 16 Wo unto them that turn aside the just for a thing of naught and revile against that which is good, and say that it is of no worth! For the day shall come that the Lord God will speedily visit the inhabitants of the earth; and in that day that they are fully ripe in iniquity they shall perish.
  2. 46 And now speedily visit the churches, expounding these things unto them, with my servant Oliver Cowdery. Behold, this is my will, obtaining moneys even as I have directed.

1 comment:

  1. Googled "seized therewith" and came across this treasure trove. Your examples indicate unity of authorship between the Large and Small Plates of Nephi, and between the Book of Mormon and D&C, as well as intimate acquaintance with AV. All going far to debunk the rebounding popularity of the Spalding Conspiracy. I'll have to keep your list close at hand and draw from it liberally--I might even give you credit (RR, explained in the abbrev. list). "hiss forth," "no small stir," and many others no doubt, I will certainly steal. Feel free to contact me. If you want to see what I'm doing I'll gladly share. Regards, Glenn Foster

    ReplyDelete