Thursday, November 30, 2017

Love and hate

  1.   4 And when his brethren saw that their father loved him more than all his brethren, they hated him, and could not speak peaceably unto him.
  2.   16 And Samson’s wife wept before him, and said, Thou dost but hate me, and lovest me not: thou hast put forth a riddle unto the children of my people, and hast not told it me. And he said unto her, Behold, I have not told it my father nor my mother, and shall I tell it thee?
  3.   15 ¶ Then Amnon hated her exceedingly; so that the hatred wherewith he hated her was greater than the love wherewith he had loved her. And Amnon said unto her, Arise, be gone.
  4.   6 In that thou lovest thine enemies, and hatest thy friends. For thou hast declared this day, that thou regardest neither princes nor servants: for this day I perceive, that if Absalom had lived, and all we had died this day, then it had pleased thee well.
  5.   2 And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the Lord? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the Lord.
  6.   5 The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
  7.   7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
  8.   10 Ye that love the Lord, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
  9.   5 And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.
  10.   113 I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.
          •  •  •
      163 I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.
  11.   22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
  12.   36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
  13.   8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
  14.   12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.
  15.   1 Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish.
  16.   24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
  17.   17 Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.
  18.   8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
  19.   1 For all this I considered in my heart even to declare all this, that the righteous, and the wise, and their works, are in the hand of God: no man knoweth either love or hatred by all that is before them.
          •  •  •
      6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
  20.   8 For I the Lord love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
  21.   37 Behold, therefore I will gather all thy lovers, with whom thou hast taken pleasure, and all them that thou hast loved, with all them that thou hast hated; I will even gather them round about against thee, and will discover thy nakedness unto them, that they may see all thy nakedness.
  22.   15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.
  23.   15 Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the Lord God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.
  24.   2 Who hate the good, and love the evil; who pluck off their skin from off them, and their flesh from off their bones;
  25.   17 And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the Lord.
  26.   43 ¶ Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
      44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
  27.   24 ¶ No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
  28.   27 ¶ But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
  29.   13 ¶ No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
  30.   25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
  31.   19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
  32.   13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
  33.   9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
  34.   20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
  35.   7 Behold, their husbands love their wives, and their wives love their husbands; and their husbands and their wives love their children; and their unbelief and their hatred towards you is because of the iniquity of their fathers; wherefore, how much better are you than they, in the sight of your great Creator?
  36.   34 For behold, they would take up arms against their brethren; they would not suffer themselves to be slain. But behold how many of these have laid down their lives; and we know that they have gone to their God, because of their love and of their hatred to sin.
  37.   32 Behold, can you suppose that the Lord will spare you and come out in judgment against the Lamanites, when it is the tradition of their fathers that has caused their hatred, yea, and it has been redoubled by those who have dissented from us, while your iniquity is for the cause of your love of glory and the vain things of the world?
  38.   43 And behold it is written also, that thou shalt love thy neighbor and hate thine enemy;
      44 But behold I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you and persecute you;
  39.   24 No man can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will hold to the one and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and Mammon.
  40.   33 And unto thy brethren have I said, and also given commandment, that they should love one another, and that they should choose me, their Father; but behold, they are without affection, and they hate their own blood;

No comments:

Post a Comment