Thursday, January 12, 2017

She said

  1.   8 And he said, Hagar, Sarai’s maid, whence camest thou? and whither wilt thou go? And she said, I flee from the face of my mistress Sarai.
          •  •  •
      13 And she called the name of the Lord that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me?
  2.   5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.
  3.   7 And she said, Who would have said unto Abraham, that Sarah should have given children suck? for I have born him a son in his old age.
          •  •  •
      10 Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.
          •  •  •
      16 And she went, and sat her down over against him a good way off, as it were a bowshot: for she said, Let me not see the death of the child. And she sat over against him, and lift up her voice, and wept.
  4.   18 And she said, Drink, my lord: and she hasted, and let down her pitcher upon her hand, and gave him drink.
      19 And when she had done giving him drink, she said, I will draw water for thy camels also, until they have done drinking.
          •  •  •
      24 And she said unto him, I am the daughter of Bethuel the son of Milcah, which she bare unto Nahor.
      25 She said moreover unto him, We have both straw and provender enough, and room to lodge in.
          •  •  •
      47 And I asked her, and said, Whose daughter art thou? And she said, The daughter of Bethuel, Nahor’s son, whom Milcah bare unto him: and I put the earring upon her face, and the bracelets upon her hands.
          •  •  •
      58 And they called Rebekah, and said unto her, Wilt thou go with this man? And she said, I will go.
          •  •  •
      65 For she had said unto the servant, What man is this that walketh in the field to meet us? And the servant had said, It is my master: therefore she took a vail, and covered herself.
  5.   22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the Lord.
  6.   32 And Leah conceived, and bare a son, and she called his name Reuben: for she said, Surely the Lord hath looked upon my affliction; now therefore my husband will love me.
          •  •  •
      35 And she conceived again, and bare a son: and she said, Now will I praise the Lord: therefore she called his name Judah; and left bearing.
  7.   3 And she said, Behold my maid Bilhah, go in unto her; and she shall bear upon my knees, that I may also have children by her.
          •  •  •
      15 And she said unto her, Is it a small matter that thou hast taken my husband? and wouldest thou take away my son’s mandrakes also? And Rachel said, Therefore he shall lie with thee to night for thy son’s mandrakes.
  8.   35 And she said to her father, Let it not displease my lord that I cannot rise up before thee; for the custom of women is upon me. And he searched, but found not the images.
  9.   16 And he turned unto her by the way, and said, Go to, I pray thee, let me come in unto thee; (for he knew not that she was his daughter in law.) And she said, What wilt thou give me, that thou mayest come in unto me?
      17 And he said, I will send thee a kid from the flock. And she said, Wilt thou give me a pledge, till thou send it?
      18 And he said, What pledge shall I give thee? And she said, Thy signet, and thy bracelets, and thy staff that is in thine hand. And he gave it her, and came in unto her, and she conceived by him.
          •  •  •
      25 When she was brought forth, she sent to her father in law, saying, By the man, whose these are, am I with child: and she said, Discern, I pray thee, whose are these, the signet, and bracelets, and staff.
          •  •  •
      29 And it came to pass, as he drew back his hand, that, behold, his brother came out: and she said, How hast thou broken forth? this breach be upon thee: therefore his name was called Pharez.
  10.   7 ¶ And it came to pass after these things, that his master’s wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
  11.   10 And the child grew, and she brought him unto Pharaoh’s daughter, and he became her son. And she called his name Moses: and she said, Because I drew him out of the water.
  12.   26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.
  13.   28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
  14.   9 And she said unto the men, I know that the Lord hath given you the land, and that your terror is fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land faint because of you.
          •  •  •
      16 And she said unto them, Get you to the mountain, lest the pursuers meet you; and hide yourselves there three days, until the pursuers be returned: and afterward may ye go your way.
          •  •  •
      21 And she said, According unto your words, so be it. And she sent them away, and they departed: and she bound the scarlet line in the window.
  15.   15 And she said unto him, Give me a blessing: for thou hast given me a south land; give me also springs of water. And Caleb gave her the upper springs and the nether springs.
  16.   9 And she said, I will surely go with thee: notwithstanding the journey that thou takest shall not be for thine honour; for the Lord shall sell Sisera into the hand of a woman. And Deborah arose, and went with Barak to Kedesh.
  17.   36 And she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the Lord, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the Lord hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon.
      37 And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows.
  18.   9 Now there were men lying in wait, abiding with her in the chamber. And she said unto him, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he brake the withs, as a thread of tow is broken when it toucheth the fire. So his strength was not known.
          •  •  •
      15 ¶ And she said unto him, How canst thou say, I love thee, when thine heart is not with me? thou hast mocked me these three times, and hast not told me wherein thy great strength lieth.
          •  •  •
      20 And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the Lord was departed from him.
  19.   15 And she said, Behold, thy sister in law is gone back unto her people, and unto her gods: return thou after thy sister in law.
          •  •  •
      20 And she said unto them, Call me not Naomi, call me Mara: for the Almighty hath dealt very bitterly with me.
  20.   2 And Ruth the Moabitess said unto Naomi, Let me now go to the field, and glean ears of corn after him in whose sight I shall find grace. And she said unto her, Go, my daughter.
          •  •  •
      7 And she said, I pray you, let me glean and gather after the reapers among the sheaves: so she came, and hath continued even from the morning until now, that she tarried a little in the house.
          •  •  •
      13 Then she said, Let me find favour in thy sight, my lord; for that thou hast comforted me, and for that thou hast spoken friendly unto thine handmaid, though I be not like unto one of thine handmaidens.
  21.   5 And she said unto her, All that thou sayest unto me I will do.
          •  •  •
      16 And when she came to her mother in law, she said, Who art thou, my daughter? And she told her all that the man had done to her.
      17 And she said, These six measures of barley gave he me; for he said to me, Go not empty unto thy mother in law.
  22.   18 And she said, Let thine handmaid find grace in thy sight. So the woman went her way, and did eat, and her countenance was no more sad.
          •  •  •
      22 But Hannah went not up; for she said unto her husband, I will not go up until the child be weaned, and then I will bring him, that he may appear before the Lord, and there abide for ever.
          •  •  •
      26 And she said, O my lord, as thy soul liveth, my lord, I am the woman that stood by thee here, praying unto the Lord.
  23.   22 And she said, The glory is departed from Israel: for the ark of God is taken.
  24.   14 And when Saul sent messengers to take David, she said, He is sick.
  25.   19 And she said unto her servants, Go on before me; behold, I come after you. But she told not her husband Nabal.
  26.   14 And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.
  27.   16 And she said unto him, There is no cause: this evil in sending me away is greater than the other that thou didst unto me. But he would not hearken unto her.
  28.   17 And when he was come near unto her, the woman said, Art thou Joab? And he answered, I am he. Then she said unto him, Hear the words of thine handmaid. And he answered, I do hear.
  29.   17 And she said unto him, My lord, thou swarest by the Lord thy God unto thine handmaid, saying, Assuredly Solomon thy son shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne.
  30.   13 ¶ And Adonijah the son of Haggith came to Bath-sheba the mother of Solomon. And she said, Comest thou peaceably? And he said, Peaceably.
      14 He said moreover, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And she said, Say on.
          •  •  •
      16 And now I ask one petition of thee, deny me not. And she said unto him, Say on.
          •  •  •
      20 Then she said, I desire one small petition of thee; I pray thee, say me not nay. And the king said unto her, Ask on, my mother: for I will not say thee nay.
      21 And she said, Let Abishag the Shunammite be given to Adonijah thy brother to wife.
  31.   26 Then spake the woman whose the living child was unto the king, for her bowels yearned upon her son, and she said, O my lord, give her the living child, and in no wise slay it. But the other said, Let it be neither mine nor thine, but divide it.
  32.   6 And she said to the king, It was a true report that I heard in mine own land of thy acts and of thy wisdom.
  33.   12 And she said, As the Lord thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.
          •  •  •
      18 And she said unto Elijah, What have I to do with thee, O thou man of God? art thou come unto me to call my sin to remembrance, and to slay my son?
  34.   2 And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil.
          •  •  •
      6 And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed.
          •  •  •
      9 And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually.
          •  •  •
      16 And he said, About this season, according to the time of life, thou shalt embrace a son. And she said, Nay, my lord, thou man of God, do not lie unto thine handmaid.
          •  •  •
      23 And he said, Wherefore wilt thou go to him to day? it is neither new moon, nor sabbath. And she said, It shall be well.
          •  •  •
      28 Then she said, Did I desire a son of my lord? did I not say, Do not deceive me?
  35.   3 And she said unto her mistress, Would God my lord were with the prophet that is in Samaria! for he would recover him of his leprosy.
  36.   31 And as Jehu entered in at the gate, she said, Had Zimri peace, who slew his master?
  37.   15 ¶ And she said unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Tell the man that sent you to me,
  38.   5 And she said to the king, It was a true report which I heard in mine own land of thine acts, and of thy wisdom:
  39.   5 For their mother hath played the harlot: she that conceived them hath done shamefully: for she said, I will go after my lovers, that give me my bread and my water, my wool and my flax, mine oil and my drink.
          •  •  •
      12 And I will destroy her vines and her fig trees, whereof she hath said, These are my rewards that my lovers have given me: and I will make them a forest, and the beasts of the field shall eat them.
  40.   21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.
  41.   27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.
  42.   28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.
  43.   24 And she went forth, and said unto her mother, What shall I ask? And she said, The head of John the Baptist.
  44.   11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
  45.   8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.
  46.   4 And she said unto him: The servants of my husband have made it known unto me that thou art a prophet of a holy God, and that thou hast power to do many mighty works in his name;
          •  •  •
      9 And Ammon said unto her: Believest thou this? And she said unto him: I have had no witness save thy word, and the word of our servants; nevertheless I believe that it shall be according as thou hast said.
          •  •  •
      30 And when she had said this, she clasped her hands, being filled with joy, speaking many words which were not understood; and when she had done this, she took the king, Lamoni, by the hand, and behold he arose and stood upon his feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment