Thursday, August 11, 2011

"O God"

  1. 12 And he said, O Lord God of my master Abraham, I pray thee, send me good speed this day, and shew kindness unto my master Abraham.
    • • •
    42 And I came this day unto the well, and said, O Lord God of my master Abraham, if now thou do prosper my way which I go:
  2. 9 ¶ And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the Lord which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee:
  3. 13 And Moses cried unto the Lord, saying, Heal her now, O God, I beseech thee.
  4. 22 And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?
  5. 24 O Lord God, thou hast begun to shew thy servant thy greatness, and thy mighty hand: for what God is there in heaven or in earth, that can do according to thy works, and according to thy might?
  6. 26 I prayed therefore unto the Lord, and said, O Lord God, destroy not thy people and thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed through thy greatness, which thou hast brought forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand.
  7. 7 And Joshua said, Alas, O Lord God, wherefore hast thou at all brought this people over Jordan, to deliver us into the hand of the Amorites, to destroy us? would to God we had been content, and dwelt on the other side Jordan!
  8. 22 And when Gideon perceived that he was an angel of the Lord, Gideon said, Alas, O Lord God! for because I have seen an angel of the Lord face to face.
  9. 28 And Samson called unto the Lord, and said, O Lord God, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.
  10. 3 And said, O Lord God of Israel, why is this come to pass in Israel, that there should be to day one tribe lacking in Israel?
  11. 12 And Jonathan said unto David, O Lord God of Israel, when I have sounded my father about to morrow any time, or the third day, and, behold, if there be good toward David, and I then send not unto thee, and shew it thee;
  12. 10 Then said David, O Lord God of Israel, thy servant hath certainly heard that Saul seeketh to come to Keilah, to destroy the city for my sake.
    11 Will the men of Keilah deliver me up into his hand? will Saul come down, as thy servant hath heard? O Lord God of Israel, I beseech thee, tell thy servant. And the Lord said, He will come down.
  13. 18 ¶ Then went king David in, and sat before the Lord, and he said, Who am I, O Lord God? and what is my house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?
    19 And this was yet a small thing in thy sight, O Lord God; but thou hast spoken also of thy servant’s house for a great while to come. And is this the manner of man, O Lord God?
    • • •
    22 Wherefore thou art great, O Lord God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.
    • • •
    25 And now, O Lord God, the word that thou hast spoken concerning thy servant, and concerning his house, establish it for ever, and do as thou hast said.
    • • •
    28 And now, O Lord God, thou art that God, and thy words be true, and thou hast promised this goodness unto thy servant:
    29 Therefore now let it please thee to bless the house of thy servant, that it may continue for ever before thee: for thou, O Lord God, hast spoken it: and with thy blessing let the house of thy servant be blessed for ever.
  14. 26 And now, O God of Israel, let thy word, I pray thee, be verified, which thou spakest unto thy servant David my father.
    • • •
    53 For thou didst separate them from among all the people of the earth, to be thine inheritance, as thou spakest by the hand of Moses thy servant, when thou broughtest our fathers out of Egypt, O Lord God.
  15. 15 And Hezekiah prayed before the Lord, and said, O Lord God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth.
  16. 35 And say ye, Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather us together, and deliver us from the heathen, that we may give thanks to thy holy name, and glory in thy praise.
  17. 16 ¶ And David the king came and sat before the Lord, and said, Who am I, O Lord God, and what is mine house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?
    17 And yet this was a small thing in thine eyes, O God; for thou hast also spoken of thy servant’s house for a great while to come, and hast regarded me according to the estate of a man of high degree, O Lord God.
    • • •
    25 For thou, O my God, hast told thy servant that thou wilt build him an house: therefore thy servant hath found in his heart to pray before thee.
  18. 18 O Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, our fathers, keep this for ever in the imagination of the thoughts of the heart of thy people, and prepare their heart unto thee:
  19. 9 Now, O Lord God, let thy promise unto David my father be established: for thou hast made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude.
  20. 14 And said, O Lord God of Israel, there is no God like thee in the heaven, nor in the earth; which keepest covenant, and shewest mercy unto thy servants, that walk before thee with all their hearts:
    • • •
    16 Now therefore, O Lord God of Israel, keep with thy servant David my father that which thou hast promised him, saying, There shall not fail thee a man in my sight to sit upon the throne of Israel; yet so that thy children take heed to their way to walk in my law, as thou hast walked before me.
    17 Now then, O Lord God of Israel, let thy word be verified, which thou hast spoken unto thy servant David.
    • • •
    41 Now therefore arise, O Lord God, into thy resting place, thou, and the ark of thy strength: let thy priests, O Lord God, be clothed with salvation, and let thy saints rejoice in goodness.
    42 O Lord God, turn not away the face of thine anointed: remember the mercies of David thy servant.
  21. 6 And said, O Lord God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee?
    • • •
    12 O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee.
  22. 6 And said, O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face to thee, my God: for our iniquities are increased over our head, and our trespass is grown up unto the heavens.
    • • •
    10 And now, O our God, what shall we say after this? for we have forsaken thy commandments,
    • • •
    15 O Lord God of Israel, thou art righteous: for we remain yet escaped, as it is this day: behold, we are before thee in our trespasses: for we cannot stand before thee because of this.
  23. 5 And said, I beseech thee, O Lord God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments:
  24. 4 Hear, O our God; for we are despised: and turn their reproach upon their own head, and give them for a prey in the land of captivity:
  25. 9 For they all made us afraid, saying, Their hands shall be weakened from the work, that it be not done. Now therefore, O God, strengthen my hands.
  26. 14 Remember me, O my God, concerning this, and wipe not out my good deeds that I have done for the house of my God, and for the offices thereof.
    • • •
    22 And I commanded the Levites that they should cleanse themselves, and that they should come and keep the gates, to sanctify the sabbath day. Remember me, O my God, concerning this also, and spare me according to the greatness of thy mercy.
    • • •
    29 Remember them, O my God, because they have defiled the priesthood, and the covenant of the priesthood, and of the Levites.
    • • •
    31 And for the wood offering, at times appointed, and for the firstfruits. Remember me, O my God, for good.
  27. 7 Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
  28. 1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
  29. 10 Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.
  30. 12 Arise, O Lord; O God, lift up thine hand: forget not the humble.
  31. 1 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.
  32. 6 I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
  33. 2 O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.
  34. 2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
    • • •
    22 Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.
  35. 9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
  36. 5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.
  37. 7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
  38. 21 Forsake me not, O Lord: O my God, be not far from me.
  39. 8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
    • • •
    17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.
  40. 1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
    • • •
    6 O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.
  41. 1 Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.
    • • •
    4 Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.
  42. 1 We have heard with our ears, O God, our fathers have told us, what work thou didst in their days, in the times of old.
    • • •
    4 Thou art my King, O God: command deliverances for Jacob.
  43. 6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
  44. 9 We have thought of thy lovingkindness, O God, in the midst of thy temple.
    10 According to thy name, O God, so is thy praise unto the ends of the earth: thy right hand is full of righteousness.
  45. 1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
    • • •
    10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
    • • •
    14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
    • • •
    17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
  46. 1 Save me, O God, by thy name, and judge me by thy strength.
    2 Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth.
  47. 1 Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication.
    • • •
    23 But thou, O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but I will trust in thee.
  48. 1 Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me.
    • • •
    7 Shall they escape by iniquity? in thine anger cast down the people, O God.
    • • •
    12 Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee.
  49. 1 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.
    • • •
    5 Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth.
    • • •
    7 My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.
    • • •
    11 Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth.
  50. 6 Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O Lord.
  51. 1 Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me.
    • • •
    5 Thou therefore, O Lord God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah.
  52. 1 O God, thou hast cast us off, thou hast scattered us, thou hast been displeased; O turn thyself to us again.
    • • •
    10 Wilt not thou, O God, which hadst cast us off? and thou, O God, which didst not go out with our armies?
  53. 1 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
    • • •
    5 For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name.
  54. 1 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
  55. 1 Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.
  56. 1 Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed.
    • • •
    5 By terrible things in righteousness wilt thou answer us, O God of our salvation; who art the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of them that are afar off upon the sea:
  57. 10 For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.
  58. 3 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.
    • • •
    5 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.
  59. 7 O God, when thou wentest forth before thy people, when thou didst march through the wilderness; Selah:
    • • •
    9 Thou, O God, didst send a plentiful rain, whereby thou didst confirm thine inheritance, when it was weary.
    10 Thy congregation hath dwelt therein: thou, O God, hast prepared of thy goodness for the poor.
    • • •
    24 They have seen thy goings, O God; even the goings of my God, my King, in the sanctuary.
    • • •
    28 Thy God hath commanded thy strength: strengthen, O God, that which thou hast wrought for us.
    • • •
    35 O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places: the God of Israel is he that giveth strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God.
  60. 1 Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul.
    • • •
    5 O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee.
    6 Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord God of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.
    • • •
    13 But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O Lord, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.
    • • •
    29 But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up on high.
  61. 1 Make haste, O God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O Lord.
    • • •
    5 But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer; O Lord, make no tarrying.
  62. 4 Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.
    5 For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth.
    • • •
    12 O God, be not far from me: O my God, make haste for my help.
    • • •
    17 O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works.
    18 Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.
    19 Thy righteousness also, O God, is very high, who hast done great things: O God, who is like unto thee!
    • • •
    22 I will also praise thee with the psaltery, even thy truth, O my God: unto thee will I sing with the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel.
  63. 1 Give the king thy judgments, O God, and thy righteousness unto the king’s son.
  64. 1 O God, why hast thou cast us off for ever? why doth thine anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture?
    • • •
    10 O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever?
    • • •
    22 Arise, O God, plead thine own cause: remember how the foolish man reproacheth thee daily.
  65. 1 Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.
  66. 6 At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, both the chariot and horse are cast into a dead sleep.
  67. 13 Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?
    • • •
    16 The waters saw thee, O God, the waters saw thee; they were afraid: the depths also were troubled.
  68. 1 O God, the heathen are come into thine inheritance; thy holy temple have they defiled; they have laid Jerusalem on heaps.
    • • •
    9 Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name’s sake.
  69. 3 Turn us again, O God, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.
    4 O Lord God of hosts, how long wilt thou be angry against the prayer of thy people?
    • • •
    7 Turn us again, O God of hosts, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.
    • • •
    14 Return, we beseech thee, O God of hosts: look down from heaven, and behold, and visit this vine;
    • • •
    19 Turn us again, O Lord God of hosts, cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.
  70. 8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.
  71. 1 Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.
    • • •
    13 O my God, make them like a wheel; as the stubble before the wind.
  72. 8 O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.
    9 Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.
  73. 4 Turn us, O God of our salvation, and cause thine anger toward us to cease.
  74. 14 O God, the proud are risen against me, and the assemblies of violent men have sought after my soul; and have not set thee before them.
  75. 1 O Lord God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee:
  76. 8 O Lord God of hosts, who is a strong Lord like unto thee? or to thy faithfulness round about thee?
  77. 1 O Lord God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.
  78. 24 I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations.
  79. 1 O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.
    • • •
    5 Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: and thy glory above all the earth;
    • • •
    11 Wilt not thou, O God, who hast cast us off? and wilt not thou, O God, go forth with our hosts?
  80. 1 Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise;
    • • •
    21 But do thou for me, O God the Lord, for thy name’s sake: because thy mercy is good, deliver thou me.
  81. 17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
    • • •
    19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
    • • •
    23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
  82. 7 O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
  83. 8 But mine eyes are unto thee, O God the Lord: in thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute.
  84. 9 I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee.
  85. 15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
  86. 4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.
  87. 16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O Lord God of hosts.
  88. 25 And thou hast said unto me, O Lord God, Buy thee the field for money, and take witnesses; for the city is given into the hand of the Chaldeans.
  89. 3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.
  90. 23 I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king’s matter.
  91. 17 Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon thy sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lord’s sake.
    18 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.
    19 O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.
  92. 2 And it came to pass, that when they had made an end of eating the grass of the land, then I said, O Lord God, forgive, I beseech thee: by whom shall Jacob arise? for he is small.
    • • •
    5 Then said I, O Lord God, cease, I beseech thee: by whom shall Jacob arise? for he is small.
  93. 12 ¶ Art thou not from everlasting, O Lord my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O Lord, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction.
  94. 8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
  95. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
    • • •
    9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
  96. 17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
  97. 14 And it came to pass that when my father had read and seen many great and marvelous things, he did exclaim many things unto the Lord; such as: Great and marvelous are thy works, O Lord God Almighty! Thy throne is high in the heavens, and thy power, and goodness, and mercy are over all the inhabitants of the earth; and, because thou art merciful, thou wilt not suffer those who come unto thee that they shall perish!
  98. 46 Prepare your souls for that glorious day when justice shall be administered unto the righteous, even the day of judgment, that ye may not shrink with awful fear; that ye may not remember your awful guilt in perfectness, and be constrained to exclaim: Holy, holy are thy judgments, O Lord God Almighty—but I know my guilt; I transgressed thy law, and my transgressions are mine; and the devil hath obtained me, that I am a prey to his awful misery.
  99. 19 Thus God executeth vengeance upon those that destroy his people. O God, receive my soul.
  100. 29 And it came to pass that she went and took the queen by the hand, that perhaps she might raise her from the ground; and as soon as she touched her hand she arose and stood upon her feet, and cried with a loud voice, saying: O blessed Jesus, who has saved me from an awful hell! O blessed God, have mercy on this people!
  101. 18 O God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God; and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee, and that I may be raised from the dead, and be saved at the last day. And now when the king had said these words, he was struck as if he were dead.
  102. 17 But thou art the same yesterday, today, and forever; and thou hast elected us that we shall be saved, whilst all around us are elected to be cast by thy wrath down to hell; for the which holiness, O God, we thank thee; and we also thank thee that thou hast elected us, that we may not be led away after the foolish traditions of our brethren, which doth bind them down to a belief of Christ, which doth lead their hearts to wander far from thee, our God.
    18 And again we thank thee, O God, that we are a chosen and a holy people. Amen.
    • • •
    27 Behold, O God, they cry unto thee, and yet their hearts are swallowed up in their pride. Behold, O God, they cry unto thee with their mouths, while they are puffed up, even to greatness, with the vain things of the world.
    28 Behold, O my God, their costly apparel, and their ringlets, and their bracelets, and their ornaments of gold, and all their precious things which they are ornamented with; and behold, their hearts are set upon them, and yet they cry unto thee and say—We thank thee, O God, for we are a chosen people unto thee, while others shall perish.
    • • •
    30 O Lord God, how long wilt thou suffer that such wickedness and infidelity shall be among this people? O Lord, wilt thou give me strength, that I may bear with mine infirmities. For I am infirm, and such wickedness among this people doth pain my soul.
  103. 4 For he said: Thou art merciful, O God, for thou hast heard my prayer, even when I was in the wilderness; yea, thou wast merciful when I prayed concerning those who were mine enemies, and thou didst turn them to me.
    5 Yea, O God, and thou wast merciful unto me when I did cry unto thee in my field; when I did cry unto thee in my prayer, and thou didst hear me.
    6 And again, O God, when I did turn to my house thou didst hear me in my prayer.
    • • •
    9 Yea, O God, thou hast been merciful unto me, and heard my cries in the midst of thy congregations.
  104. 14 Do not say: O God, I thank thee that we are better than our brethren; but rather say: O Lord, forgive my unworthiness, and remember my brethren in mercy—yea, acknowledge your unworthiness before God at all times.
  105. 3 O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread to the souls of all those who partake of it; that they may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him, and keep his commandments which he hath given them, that they may always have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.
  106. 2 O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee, in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this wine to the souls of all those who drink of it, that they may do it in remembrance of the blood of thy Son, which was shed for them; that they may witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they do always remember him, that they may have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.
  107. 15 Behold, my heart cries: Wo unto this people. Come out in judgment, O God, and hide their sins, and wickedness, and abominations from before thy face!
  108. 77 O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread to the souls of all those who partake of it, that they may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him and keep his commandments which he has given them; that they may always have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.
    • • •
    79 O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this wine to the souls of all those who drink of it, that they may do it in remembrance of the blood of thy Son, which was shed for them; that they may witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they do always remember him, that they may have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.
  109. 6 Wherefore, may the kingdom of God go forth, that the kingdom of heaven may come, that thou, O God, mayest be glorified in heaven so on earth, that thine enemies may be subdued; for thine is the honor, power and glory, forever and ever. Amen.
  110. 1 Thanks be to thy name, O Lord God of Israel, who keepest covenant and showest mercy unto thy servants who walk uprightly before thee, with all their hearts—
    • • •
    68 O Lord, remember thy servant, Joseph Smith, Jun., and all his afflictions and persecutions—how he has covenanted with Jehovah, and vowed to thee, O Mighty God of Jacob—and the commandments which thou hast given unto him, and that he hath sincerely striven to do thy will.
    • • •
    77 O Lord God Almighty, hear us in these our petitions, and answer us from heaven, thy holy habitation, where thou sittest enthroned, with glory, honor, power, majesty, might, dominion, truth, justice, judgment, mercy, and an infinity of fulness, from everlasting to everlasting.
  111. 1 O God, where art thou? And where is the pavilion that covereth thy hiding place?
    • • •
    4 O Lord God Almighty, maker of heaven, earth, and seas, and of all things that in them are, and who controllest and subjectest the devil, and the dark and benighted dominion of Sheol—stretch forth thy hand; let thine eye pierce; let thy pavilion be taken up; let thy hiding place no longer be covered; let thine ear be inclined; let thine heart be softened, and thy bowels moved with compassion toward us.
    • • •
    6 Remember thy suffering saints, O our God; and thy servants will rejoice in thy name forever.
  112. 45 For since the beginning of the world have not men heard nor perceived by the ear, neither hath any eye seen, O God, besides thee, how great things thou hast prepared for him that waiteth for thee.
  113. 36 And it came to pass that Moses spake unto the Lord, saying: Be merciful unto thy servant, O God, and tell me concerning this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, and also the heavens, and then thy servant will be content.

No comments:

Post a Comment