Saturday, August 20, 2011

"As with"

  1. 31 And they said, Should he deal with our sister as with an harlot?
  2. 22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
  3. 18 (For from my youth he was brought up with me, as with a father, and I have guided her from my mother’s womb;)
  4. 30 The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.
  5. 5 Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens?
    • • •
    15 His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal.
  6. 12 For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
  7. 10 As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?
  8. 9 Before your pots can feel the thorns, he shall take them away as with a whirlwind, both living, and in his wrath.
  9. 5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
  10. 5 Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which groweth up.
  11. 2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
    • • •
    6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.
  12. 18 As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.
    • • •
    29 Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.
  13. 2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.
  14. 18 ¶ Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the Lord, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.
    • • •
    26 And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
  15. 17 I will scatter them as with an east wind before the enemy: I will shew them the back, and not the face, in the day of their calamity.
  16. 14 The Lord of hosts hath sworn by himself, saying, Surely I will fill thee with men, as with caterpillers; and they shall lift up a shout against thee.
  17. 7 And Huzzab shall be led away captive, she shall be brought up, and her maids shall lead her as with the voice of doves, tabering upon their breasts.
  18. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
  19. 2 The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity.
  20. 7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
  21. 3 Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.
  22. 20 And when the Jews heard these things they were angry with him; yea, even as with the prophets of old, whom they had cast out, and stoned, and slain; and they also sought his life, that they might take it away. But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance.
  23. 18 Lift up thine eyes round about and behold; all these gather themselves together, and they shall come to thee. And as I live, saith the Lord, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on even as a bride.
    • • •
    26 And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; they shall be drunken with their own blood as with sweet wine; and all flesh shall know that I, the Lord, am thy Savior and thy Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.
  24. 18 And I will feed them that oppress thee, with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood as with sweet wine; and all flesh shall know that I the Lord am thy Savior and thy Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.
  25. 2 Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.
  26. 32 And it came to pass that we did march forth, as if with our provisions, to go to that city.
    • • •
    56 But behold, to my great joy, there had not one soul of them fallen to the earth; yea, and they had fought as if with the strength of God; yea, never were men known to have fought with such miraculous strength; and with such mighty power did they fall upon the Lamanites, that they did frighten them; and for this cause did the Lamanites deliver themselves up as prisoners of war.
  27. 45 And behold, the Holy Spirit of God did come down from heaven, and did enter into their hearts, and they were filled as if with fire, and they could speak forth marvelous words.
  28. 12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.
  29. 4 Verily, I say unto you that ye are chosen out of the world to declare my gospel with the sound of rejoicing, as with the voice of a trump.
  30. 9 Behold, I say unto you, my servant John, that thou shalt commence from this time forth to proclaim my gospel, as with the voice of a trump.
  31. 2 For verily, verily, I say unto you that ye are called to lift up your voices as with the sound of a trump, to declare my gospel unto a crooked and perverse generation.
  32. 6 To lift up your voice as with the sound of a trump, both long and loud, and cry repentance unto a crooked and perverse generation, preparing the way of the Lord for his second coming.
  33. 1 Thus saith the Lord God, the Mighty One of Israel: Behold, I say unto you, my servant Edward, that you are blessed, and your sins are forgiven you, and you are called to preach my gospel as with the voice of a trump;
  34. 6 And ye shall go forth in the power of my Spirit, preaching my gospel, two by two, in my name, lifting up your voices as with the sound of a trump, declaring my word like unto angels of God.
  35. 10 Wherefore, come ye unto it, and with him that cometh I will reason as with men in days of old, and I will show unto you my strong reasoning.
  36. 13 And now, behold, for your good I gave unto you a commandment concerning these things; and I, the Lord, will reason with you as with men in days of old.
  37. 4 Lifting up your voices as with the sound of a trump, proclaiming the truth according to the revelations and commandments which I have given you.
  38. 125 And above all things, clothe yourselves with the bond of charity, as with a mantle, which is the bond of perfectness and peace.
  39. 6 And again, verily I say unto thy brethren, Sidney Rigdon and Frederick G. Williams, their sins are forgiven them also, and they are accounted as equal with thee in holding the keys of this last kingdom;
  40. 37 And let thy house be filled, as with a rushing mighty wind, with thy glory.
    • • •
    70 Have mercy upon all their immediate connections, that their prejudices may be broken up and swept away as with a flood; that they may be converted and redeemed with Israel, and know that thou art God.
  41. 106 And in all his journeyings let him lift up his voice as with the sound of a trump, and warn the inhabitants of the earth to flee the wrath to come.
  42. 62 And righteousness will I send down out of heaven; and truth will I send forth out of the earth, to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten; his resurrection from the dead; yea, and also the resurrection of all men; and righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I shall prepare, an Holy City, that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment