Thursday, March 22, 2018

Do I

  1.   18 And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear.
  2.   37 Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: I am the Lord.
  3.   8 And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the Lord which sanctify you.
  4.   31 Therefore shall ye keep my commandments, and do them: I am the Lord.
  5.   14 Neither with you only do I make this covenant and this oath;
  6.   8 And it shall be, when ye have taken the city, that ye shall set the city on fire: according to the commandment of the Lord shall ye do. See, I have commanded you.
  7.   48 And Abimelech gat him up to mount Zalmon, he and all the people that were with him; and Abimelech took an axe in his hand, and cut down a bough from the trees, and took it, and laid it on his shoulder, and said unto the people that were with him, What ye have seen me do, make haste, and do as I have done.
  8.   30 Then Saul’s anger was kindled against Jonathan, and he said unto him, Thou son of the perverse rebellious woman, do not I know that thou hast chosen the son of Jesse to thine own confusion, and unto the confusion of thy mother’s nakedness?
  9.   22 And David said, What have I to do with you, ye sons of Zeruiah, that ye should this day be adversaries unto me? shall there any man be put to death this day in Israel? for do not I know that I am this day king over Israel?
  10.   2 What ye know, the same do I know also: I am not inferior unto you.
          •  •  •
      14 Wherefore do I take my flesh in my teeth, and put my life in mine hand?
  11.   1 O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:
  12.   1 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.
  13.   1 Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
          •  •  •
      5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
  14.   1 In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
  15.   15 For in thee, O Lord, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.
  16.   1 In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
  17.   4 Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
  18.   35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.
          •  •  •
      83 For I am become like a bottle in the smoke; yet do I not forget thy statutes.
          •  •  •
      109 My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.
          •  •  •
      113 I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.
          •  •  •
      141 I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts.
          •  •  •
      157 Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from thy testimonies.
          •  •  •
      163 I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.
      164 Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments.
  19.   5 I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
  20.   1 Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.
  21.   21 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
  22.   8 Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
  23.   13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
  24.   8 There is one alone, and there is not a second; yea, he hath neither child nor brother: yet is there no end of all his labour; neither is his eye satisfied with riches; neither saith he, For whom do I labour, and bereave my soul of good? This is also vanity, yea, it is a sore travail.
  25.   4 Be thou ashamed, O Zidon: for the sea hath spoken, even the strength of the sea, saying, I travail not, nor bring forth children, neither do I nourish up young men, nor bring up virgins.
  26.   9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.
  27.   24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.
  28.   6 Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?
  29.   14 I the Lord have spoken it: it shall come to pass, and I will do it; I will not go back, neither will I spare, neither will I repent; according to thy ways, and according to thy doings, shall they judge thee, saith the Lord God.
          •  •  •
      22 And ye shall do as I have done: ye shall not cover your lips, nor eat the bread of men.
  30.   32 Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord God, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
  31.   3 Therefore thus saith the Lord; Behold, against this family do I devise an evil, from which ye shall not remove your necks; neither shall ye go haughtily: for this time is evil.
  32.   12 ¶ Turn you to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope: even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee;
  33.   16 ¶ And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
  34.   15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?
  35.   17 ¶ And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
  36.   33 And they answered and said unto Jesus, We cannot tell. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Neither do I tell you by what authority I do these things.
  37.   17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
      18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
  38.   29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
  39.   13 Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.
  40.   11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
  41.   15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
  42.   12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
  43.   14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
  44.   16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.
  45.   15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
          •  •  •
      20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
  46.   17 When I therefore was thus minded, did I use lightness? or the things that I purpose, do I purpose according to the flesh, that with me there should be yea yea, and nay nay?
  47.   12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
  48.   10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
  49.   11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.
  50.   4 Wherefore, I, Nephi, did make a record upon the other plates, which gives an account, or which gives a greater account of the wars and contentions and destructions of my people. And this have I done, and commanded my people what they should do after I was gone; and that these plates should be handed down from one generation to another, or from one prophet to another, until further commandments of the Lord. 
    1.   23 And there was nothing save it was exceeding harshness, preaching and prophesying of wars, and contentions, and destructions, and continually reminding them of death, and the duration of eternity, and the judgments and the power of God, and all these things—stirring them up continually to keep them in the fear of the Lord. I say there was nothing short of these things, and exceedingly great plainness of speech, would keep them from going down speedily to destruction. And after this manner do I write concerning them.
    2.   15 Yet, my brethren, I have not done these things that I might boast, neither do I tell these things that thereby I might accuse you; but I tell you these things that ye may know that I can answer a clear conscience before God this day.
    3.   8 And it shall come to pass that except they repent I will utterly destroy them from off the face of the earth; yet they shall leave a record behind them, and I will preserve them for other nations which shall possess the land; yea, even this will I do that I may discover the abominations of this people to other nations. And many things did Abinadi prophesy against this people.
    4.   23 And now behold I say unto you, that if this people, who have received so many blessings from the hand of the Lord, should transgress contrary to the light and knowledge which they do have, I say unto you that if this be the case, that if they should fall into transgression, it would be far more tolerable for the Lamanites than for them.
    5.   15 And it came to pass that after Aaron had expounded these things unto him, the king said: What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I will give up all that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy.
    6.   10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.
    7.   2 I would that ye should do as I have done, in remembering the captivity of our fathers; for they were in bondage, and none could deliver them except it was the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; and he surely did deliver them in their afflictions.
    8.   11 But behold, it supposeth me that I talk to you concerning these things in vain; or it supposeth me that thou art a child of hell; therefore I will close my epistle by telling you that I will not exchange prisoners, save it be on conditions that ye will deliver up a man and his wife and his children, for one prisoner; if this be the case that ye will do it, I will exchange.
    9.   35 And behold, if ye will not do this I come unto you speedily; for behold, God will not suffer that we should perish with hunger; therefore he will give unto us of your food, even if it must be by the sword. Now see that ye fulfil the word of God.
    10.   8 And behold, I swear unto you, if ye will do this, with an oath, ye shall not be destroyed; but if ye will not do this, I swear unto you with an oath, that on the morrow month I will command that my armies shall come down against you, and they shall not stay their hand and shall spare not, but shall slay you, and shall let fall the sword upon you even until ye shall become extinct.
            •  •  •
        10 And I write this epistle unto you, Lachoneus, and I hope that ye will deliver up your lands and your possessions, without the shedding of blood, that this my people may recover their rights and government, who have dissented away from you because of your wickedness in retaining from them their rights of government, and except ye do this, I will avenge their wrongs. I am Giddianhi.
    11.   6 And on this wise do I give the account. He that wrote this record was Ether, and he was a descendant of Coriantor.
    12.   63 And this I do that I may establish my gospel, that there may not be so much contention; yea, Satan doth stir up the hearts of the people to contention concerning the points of my doctrine; and in these things they do err, for they do wrest the scriptures and do not understand them.
    13.   11 And your whole labor shall be in Zion, with all your soul, from henceforth; yea, you shall ever open your mouth in my cause, not fearing what man can do, for I am with you. Amen.
    14.   33 And from thence, whosoever I will shall go forth among all nations, and it shall be told them what they shall do; for I have a great work laid up in store, for Israel shall be saved, and I will lead them whithersoever I will, and no power shall stay my hand.
    15.   11 And if thou do this, I have prepared thee for a greater work. Thou shalt preach the fulness of my gospel, which I have sent forth in these last days, the covenant which I have sent forth to recover my people, which are of the house of Israel.
    16.   15 And all this ye shall observe to do as I have commanded concerning your teaching, until the fulness of my scriptures is given.
    17.   11 Praying always that they faint not; and inasmuch as they do this, I will be with them even unto the end.
    18.   10 I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.
    19.   26 But if she observe not to do whatsoever I have commanded her, I will visit her according to all her works, with sore affliction, with pestilence, with plague, with sword, with vengeance, with devouring fire.
    20.   21 Verily I say unto you, that I, the Lord, will chasten them and will do whatsoever I list, if they do not repent and observe all things whatsoever I have said unto them.
        22 And again I say unto you, if ye observe to do whatsoever I command you, I, the Lord, will turn away all wrath and indignation from you, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against you.
    21.   6 For have I not the fowls of heaven, and also the fish of the sea, and the beasts of the mountains? Have I not made the earth? Do I not hold the destinies of all the armies of the nations of the earth?
    22.   90 And if he will do this I will bless him with a multiplicity of blessings, that he shall not be forsaken, nor his seed be found begging bread.
    23.   10 I will say to all the saints, that I desired, with exceedingly great desire, to have addressed them from the stand on the subject of baptism for the dead, on the following Sabbath. But inasmuch as it is out of my power to do so, I will write the word of the Lord from time to time, on that subject, and send it to you by mail, as well as many other things.
    24.   17 Go thy way and do as I have told you, and fear not thine enemies; for they shall not have power to stop my work.
    25.   32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.
    26.   31 He had on a loose robe of most exquisite whiteness. It was a whiteness beyond anything earthly I had ever seen; nor do I believe that any earthly thing could be made to appear so exceedingly white and brilliant. His hands were naked, and his arms also, a little above the wrist; so, also, were his feet naked, as were his legs, a little above the ankles. His head and neck were also bare. I could discover that he had no other clothing on but this robe, as it was open, so that I could see into his bosom.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment